Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,090 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268957 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
unable to locate my PC's Wi -Fi password to enable me use the data via my phone.
any help please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
egopersonified: Please I have some issues with my hp laptop;
1. The system is verrrrrrry slow.
2. How do I install microsoft outlook, word, excel 2007 from the net?
3. When I shut down, I have to force shutdown, even when all windows are closed.
4. The system always freezes when I'm working.
Help please.

What is the make of your system? Do you know the RAM size? Processor speed? Operating system its running?

1. The system is verrrrrrry slow. - You probably have too many programs installed. Please uninstall some programs./Run virus scan / Defragment your hard disk.

2. How do I install microsoft outlook, word, excel 2007 from the net? : You would have to purchase the Microsoft office software to get Outlook, excel, powerpoint, word and the rest. (you can also download trail version from Microsoft website).
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-office-professional-plus-2013

3. When I shut down, I have to force shutdown, even when all windows are closed.The is a background running program that might need to shutdown gracefully hence the time its taking

4. The system always freezes when I'm working. -That could mean many things - Background application, overheating,weakhard disk. one cant know until we perform proper diagnostics
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Greetings to all. I have a hp probook 450G1 win8 which came with win7 pro pre-installed. I installed win 8 pro few months ago. My prob is that my apps like Marvis Beacon and Zuma game always minimizes when running and I will have to click to maximize to cont. I don't knw wats wrong and what to do about it? Need ur help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
egopersonified: Please I have some issues with my hp laptop;
1. The system is verrrrrrry slow.
2. How do I install microsoft outlook, word, excel 2007 from the net?
3. When I shut down, I have to force shutdown, even when all windows are closed.
4. The system always freezes when I'm working.
Help please.

for a good lasting solution why don't you tell us your location & we send you an engineer.... for one on one discussion check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
tomtyte02:

Hp laptop recall....what does that offer me? I mean does it solve the problem??

Have you followed the instruction ?
you visit the website and read what
it says
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mellorix:

What is the make of your system? Do you know the RAM size? Processor speed? Operating system its running?

1. The system is verrrrrrry slow. - You probably have too many programs installed. Please uninstall some programs.

No not correct. This should be: too many programs running in the background. Stop unessential programs and processes from in the background.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
LordReed:

No not correct. This should be: too many programs running in the background. Stop unessential programs and processes from in the background.

You are entitled to your own technical opinion. What i said was mine ! YOU DON'T have to accept it. !

I presume your solution would have to stop processes running "everytime" when he/she powers on the system right? smh
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mellorix:

You are entitled to your own technical opinion. What i said was mine ! YOU DON'T have to accept it. !

I presume your solution would have to stop processes running "everytime" when he/she powers on the system right? smh

Processes can be stopped from running even if the computer is restarted. If you don't know how, ask you will be taught.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olaide1295: 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
My HP pavilon dv3 will switch on but will display a screen of "boot mgr missing,press ctlr+alt+del to restart".....pls help me out,it worked fine until now when i installed windows 8 on it.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi...pls I need your help concerning my toshiba laptop,the Hard disk drive got spoilt some months ago,so I gave a frnd to help me install,so when he was installing it,nepa took light and the laptop went off(cos I left my laptop at home for sometimes without using it,so the ba3 wasn't gud again),so he was like,if he tried to reinstall it,it might come out as double installation...so my question is that,is there anytin like double installation or better still,what can I do in such situation.....then I need the steps that I can use to install it,like after inserting the harddisk and switching on the laptop,is there some settings that I need to do b4 the laptop will finally work...or when I switch on the laptop ,will it just work automatically?.....pls I need an answer ASAP,tanx alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
LordReed:

Mellorix:

LordReed:
Processes can be stopped from running even if the computer is restarted. If you don't know how, ask you will be taught.

You guys are incredible, I have really enjoyed your technical post.
cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olaide1295: My HP pavilon dv3 will switch on but will display a screen of "boot mgr missing,press ctlr+alt+del to restart".....pls help me out,it worked fine until now when i installed windows 8 on it.Thanks

restart and pop in the windows 8 installation disk
then repair your computer. what is the full model of
the laptop. fo rexample toshiba p300-20h

what made you to install windows 8

did you ran a compatibility check prior to...

where did you get the windows 8 cd from, i.e.
shop or downloaded from the internet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
AmazingAngel: Hi...pls I need your help concerning my toshiba laptop,the Hard disk drive got spoilt some months ago,so I gave a frnd to help me install,so when he was installing it,nepa took light and the laptop went off(cos I left my laptop at home for sometimes without using it,so the ba3 wasn't gud again),so he was like,if he tried to reinstall it,it might come out as double installation...so my question is that,is there anytin like double installation or better still,what can I do in such situation.....then I need the steps that I can use to install it,like after inserting the harddisk and switching on the laptop,is there some settings that I need to do b4 the laptop will finally work...or when I switch on the laptop ,will it just work automatically?.....pls I need an answer ASAP,tanx alot

Do you mean that, the laptop went off during window's installation ?

If yes, I'd advice you to restart the installation. if the installation is from
cd, get hold of the cd and continue the install. you may need to check that
the laptop is set to boot from cd. bios boot order. google it, if unsure.

what do you mean by spoilt ? i.e. virus, blue screen errors

what is teh full make of the laptop for example

toshiba p300-20h and tell us the operating you were trying to
install. e.g. xp to vista or windows 7 to windows 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
deji2009:

Do you mean that, the laptop went off during window's installation ?

If yes, I'd advice you to restart the installation. if the installation is from
cd, get hold of the cd and continue the install. you may need to check that
the laptop is set to boot from cd. bios boot order. google it, if unsure.

what do you mean by spoilt ? i.e. virus, blue screen errors

what is teh full make of the laptop for example

toshiba p300-20h and tell us the operating you were trying to
install. e.g. xp to vista or windows 7 to windows 8
it was when he was trying to install the new harddrive that I just got(don't really know much about installation),b4 I changed the HDD,twas bringing out black screen,so I was told to get anoda HDD.....I don't tink he was using any cd cos it was harddrive installation not window

don't really know the exact make of the laptop,buh I know its toshiba satelite A35 or so,pls just give me the steps to install an hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi, Please have got a serious problem with my HP 2000 notebook after i format it to windows 8. My wi-fi now says: no wireless connections are available. I have downloaded a lots of drivers from hp website and other websites but it still wouldn't work fine. The wireless logo on the taskbar just shows a kind of red star sign(like a cancel button). I checked the Network adapters in the device manager and this is what i see there: Bluetooth Device(Personal Area Network), Bluetooth device(RFCOMM protocol TDI), microsoft Kernel Debug Network adapter, Realtek PCIe FE family controller. Please, is anything missing here? If yes, how can i get it fixed? Please, help a brother. Thanks for your being there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teemama20(f): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hp 650 cooling fan is not working. Pls hw can I go about t nd is t expensive to get a new one or repair, like how much. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
LordReed:

Ok So what is your point?

Killing processes can not guarantee your system running faster. Take it from me - I have been in this game for so long.

Things that can make your system run slow are :

A virus infection
Some conflicting software programs that loads at the startup
Multiple security programs
Recently installed software updates or drivers
Third-party browser plug-ins
Cluttered files over years
A lot of items loading at the startup/Background

And please no further need to argue - Im just here helping users and you can do that too.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
teemama20: Hp 650 cooling fan is not working. Pls hw can I go about t nd is t expensive to get a new one or repair, like how much. Pls help

The fan isnt expensive - I think about N2,000 Not sure though - but please dont power on the system with out the fan. Your processor might be at risk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teemama20(f): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mellorix:

The fan isnt expensive - I think about N2,000 Not sure though - but please dont power on the system with out the fan. Your processor might be at risk
thnk u so much. Wan to be sure of the amount
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mellorix:

Ok So what is your point?

Killing processes can not guarantee your system running faster. Take it from me - I have been in this game for so long.

Things that can make your system run slow are :

A virus infection
Some conflicting software programs that loads at the startup
Multiple security programs
Recently installed software updates or drivers
Third-party browser plug-ins
Cluttered files over years
A lot of items loading at the startup/Background

And please no further need to argue - Im just here helping users and you can do that too.

Thanks

Like I said if don't know how ask, it is not hidden knowledge.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
AmazingAngel: it was when he was trying to install the new harddrive that I just got(don't really know much about installation),b4 I changed the HDD,twas bringing out black screen,so I was told to get anoda HDD.....I don't tink he was using any cd cos it was harddrive installation not window

don't really know the exact make of the laptop,buh I know its toshiba satelite A35 or so,pls just give me the steps to install an hard drive

There isnt issue here. I am sure your laptop does have a DVD room. All you need do is get a Bootable Windows 7 or Windows 8 DVD.

Open underneath your laptop and Unscrew the Hard disk compartment - Remove the Old hard disk and fit in the new Hard disk

Put the Windows DVD into the DVD Room.

Power on the laptop and immediately press F12,

Select the DVD as the boot device,

Format the hard disk

and start the installation.

Post back here if you have any concerns.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
teemama20: thnk u so much. Wan to be sure of the amount

Firstly , how do you know your fan isnt working? it might be stuck by dust, have you tried blowing the air vent?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
mgb4reel: Hi, Please have got a serious problem with my HP 2000 notebook after i format it to windows 8. My wi-fi now says: no wireless connections are available. I have downloaded a lots of drivers from hp website and other websites but it still wouldn't work fine. The wireless logo on the taskbar just shows a kind of red star sign(like a cancel button). I checked the Network adapters in the device manager and this is what i see there: Bluetooth Device(Personal Area Network), Bluetooth device(RFCOMM protocol TDI), microsoft Kernel Debug Network adapter, Realtek PCIe FE family controller. Please, is anything missing here? If yes, how can i get it fixed? Please, help a brother. Thanks for your being there.

Look underneath your Laptop for your serial number - then post here i will tell you the exact driver you need to download.

Also have you checked that your WLAN switch is toggled on?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
AmazingAngel: it was when he was trying to install the new harddrive that I just got(don't really know much about installation),b4 I changed the HDD,twas bringing out black screen,so I was told to get anoda HDD.....I don't tink he was using any cd cos it was harddrive installation not window

It would be better to google or youtube, how to install laptop hard drive. that would really help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mellorix:

There isnt issue here. I am sure your laptop does have a DVD room. All you need do is get a Bootable Windows 7 or Windows 8 DVD.

Open underneath your laptop and Unscrew the Hard disk compartment - Remove the Old hard disk and fit in the new Hard disk

Put the Windows DVD into the DVD Room.

Power on the laptop and immediately press F12,

Select the DVD as the boot device,

Format the hard disk

and start the installation.

Post back here if you have any concerns.
deji2009:
It would be better to google or youtube, how to install laptop hard drive. that would really help
. Thanks guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
guys i need Kali linux os disk how do i get it? I reside in kwara state thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olaide1295: 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
deji2009:

restart and pop in the windows 8 installation disk
then repair your computer. what is the full model of
the laptop. fo rexample toshiba p300-20h

what made you to install windows 8

did you ran a compatibility check prior to...

where did you get the windows 8 cd from, i.e.
shop or downloaded from the internet
thank u very much
the notebook is Hp pavilon dv3
i jst wanted to experience d windows8,i did not run any compatibility test o as it was done by my street engineer and d cd was from his shop.
The system came with windows 7 but i installed the windows 8 on it last saturday.it worked but it seemed to drag so i returned it for the engineer to downgrade back 2 windows 7.he was not able to re-install it and he also tried to install a cracked version of vista which he claimed works like the windows7.
Next day,i went to him and he tld me it is hard disk problem and i should bring 3k.pls help me out and explain more on the repair process.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Olaide1295:
thank u very much
the notebook is Hp pavilon dv3
i jst wanted to experience d windows8,i did not run any compatibility test o as it was done by my street engineer and d cd was from his shop.
The system came with windows 7 but i installed the windows 8 on it last saturday.it worked but it seemed to drag so i returned it for the engineer to downgrade back 2 windows 7.he was not able to re-install it and he also tried to install a cracked version of vista which he claimed works like the windows7.
Next day,i went to him and he tld me it is hard disk problem and i should bring 3k.pls help me out and explain more on the repair process.Thanks

Restart the laptop

keep pressing f10

you'd see bios

scrool to diagnostics

and run me a hard drive test

if the hard drive test passed.

you don't need a hard drive .

If it failed, then yes a hard rive.

We need to know what happened
during the windows 7 installation
for example blue scree errors or
hard drive format errors

In the future always check to make sure you
are doing the right thing . take for example, you wouldn't
pour ford focus oil into a toyota without having a second
thought. is the same as a laptop. always double check. it saves you
time, efforts and money
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mellorix:

Look underneath your Laptop for your serial number - then post here i will tell you the exact driver you need to download.

Also have you checked that your WLAN switch is toggled on?

You have been really active Mellorix, please keep it up and join the likes of
lordreed, onegig so on and so forth

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
deji2009:

You have been really active Mellorix, please keep it up and join the likes of
lordreed, onegig so on and so forth

grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
joker5180: unable to locate my PC's Wi -Fi password to enable me use the data via my phone.
any help please?

There you go below.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed, Mellorix abeg make una stop fight help me, abeg.

Windows 8, HP 655.

I downloaded an app that contained malware. I uninstalled it an tracked down all relating files to it and did same.

However, I think it tempered with my network connection coz tho my wi-fi is working fine, ALL internet using applications cannot connect e.g IE, Bluestacks, Mozilla.

Also, it left an add-on on Internet explorer that I have tried to delete without success. It simply stays. cc Deji2009 Seun Realugee

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.