Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263743 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 19, 2014
pls help me with my hp630 anytym i insert any external device it turns it to shortcut and it shows gogglevbs with my antivirus . pls ow can i remove it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Timzy234: LordReed, Mellorix abeg make una stop fight help me, abeg.

Windows 8, HP 655.

I downloaded an app that contained malware. I uninstalled it an tracked down all relating files to it and did same.

However, I think it tempered with my network connection coz tho my wi-fi is working fine, ALL internet using applications cannot connect e.g IE, Bluestacks, Mozilla.

Also, it left an add-on on Internet explorer that I have tried to delete without success. It simply stays. cc Deji2009 Seun Realugee

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options. In the connections tab click on LAN settings see if proxy has been enabled. If it has, disable it by unchecking use proxy.

What version of IE are you using?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2014
bamtos14: pls help me with my hp630 anytym i insert any external device it turns it to shortcut and it shows gogglevbs with my antivirus . pls ow can i remove it

What anti-virus are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed:

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options. In the connections tab click on LAN settings see if proxy has been enabled. If it has, disable it by unchecking use proxy.

What version of IE are you using?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2014
bamtos14: pls help me with my hp630 anytym i insert any external device it turns it to shortcut and it shows gogglevbs with my antivirus . pls ow can i remove it

This is a virus that hibernates on your temp folder( that is the %temp% folder). firstly press the Windows + R key to bring up the run application as seen below. Then type %temp% hit enter. Please look for any file with name google.vbs then delete it. If you dont see any file - Download AVG antivirus its free and efficient scan your External hard drive and see the outcome.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2014
Timzy234:

In IE, Tools > Manage Add-ons

Is the add-on in the list? What's the name and status?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Timzy234: LordReed, Mellorix abeg make una stop fight help me, abeg.

Windows 8, HP 655.

I downloaded an app that contained malware. I uninstalled it an tracked down all relating files to it and did same.

However, I think it tempered with my network connection coz tho my wi-fi is working fine, ALL internet using applications cannot connect e.g IE, Bluestacks, Mozilla.

Also, it left an add-on on Internet explorer that I have tried to delete without success. It simply stays. cc Deji2009 Seun Realugee

Do what @LordReed advised above and if you still having problems, test your internet connection by doing the below.

hold down your Windows + R key to bring up the Run dialog box as shown below. Then type CMD

the Command prompt window opens.

try to PING WWW.google.com and see if it replies .

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2014
Mellorix:

Look underneath your Laptop for your serial number - then post here i will tell you the exact driver you need to download.

Also have you checked that your WLAN switch is toggled on?
Thanks for the quick response bro. The serial no is: 5CG3372NR5 . Just in case, the product no is: E9P72EA#BH5 and the model no is: 2000-2d07SIA. Thanks bro. And it contains Qualcomm Atheros Model: QCWB335
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2014
mgb4reel:
Thanks for the quick response bro. The serial no is: 5CG3372NR5 . Just in case, the product no is: E9P72EA#BH5 and the model no is: 2000-2d07SIA. Thanks bro. And it contains Qualcomm Atheros Model: QCWB335

Ok I will advice you download the free version of driver finder just to be sure of the exact name of your wireless adapter.

http://driverfinderpro.com/

The free version of this software will show you the name of the wireless adapter presently installed on your system and tell you if you need a driver for it. however it wont let you download the driver. But its fine. if we have the name of the exact driver - we can then go to HP site to download it. Please see below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2014
Mellorix:

Ok I will advice you download the free version of driver finder just to be sure of the exact name of your wireless adapter.

http://driverfinderpro.com/

The free version of this software will show you the name of the wireless adapter presently installed on your system and tell you if you need a driver for it. however it wont let you download the driver. But its fine. if we have the name of the exact driver - we can then go to HP site to download it. Please see below
I salute ur mental strength bro. Actually got the driver through hp website by searching for my system model. It brought out a list of the available wireless drivers and since i know i have Qualcomm Atheros adapter on my system, i choose the qualcomm atheros wireless driver. Phewwww...it worked! Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed:

In IE, Tools > Manage Add-ons

Is the add-on in the list? What's the name and status?

YTA (Youtube Accelerator)by Goobzo ltd.

it is enabled and cannot be disabled
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mikeljack(m): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2014
Please am using a spectranet-LTE my password is (8604530218) but is stop working please anybody with any other password should send it to on whatzapp 07084032357 thank
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Mellorix]

There isnt issue here. I am sure your laptop does have a DVD room. All you need do is get a Bootable Windows 7 or Windows 8 DVD.

Open underneath your laptop and Unscrew the Hard disk compartment - Remove the Old hard disk and fit in the new Hard disk

Put the Windows DVD into the DVD Room.

Power on the laptop and immediately press F12,

Select the DVD as the boot device,

Format the hard disk

and start the installation. The hard disk is not really new,I got it from some1....so when I checked it,the hard disk was visible,buh I was later told"BOOT MGR missing,press crtl+alt+delt to restart,so what do I do about....I tot I didn't need the window cd cos the hard disk is not new....PLS your help will be appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=AmazingAngel][/quote]

"Ok your problem is confusing. Let me understand what your problem is ; Your hard drive is spoilt and u got a drive from your friend. Removed your old hard drive from your computer and fit in the friends hard drive . but now it says Missing BOOTMGR. is that your problem? "

However,

BOOTMGR (Windows Boot Manager) is a small piece of software, called a boot manager . BOOTMGR help load the winload.exe file used to continue the Windows boot process. So if you don’t have this File (software) your computer cannot load.

Having said that, the only way you can get this file back to your system is through the installation files in the Windows DVD. It is very easy to do. Whenever you have a windows DVD – post back here and I will tell you the steps.

P.S – I hope you do not have any external Hard drive, usb , or Mobile phone plug into the computer during start up. Because that might cause this issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingAngel(f): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mellorix:

"Ok your problem is confusing. Let me understand what your problem is ; Your hard drive is spoilt and u got a drive from your friend. Removed your old hard drive from your computer and fit in the friends hard drive . but now it says Missing BOOTMGR. is that your problem? "

However,

BOOTMGR (Windows Boot Manager) is a small piece of software, called a boot manager . BOOTMGR help load the winload.exe file used to continue the Windows boot process. So if you don’t have this File (software) your computer cannot load.

Having said that, the only way you can get this file back to your system is through the installation files in the Windows DVD. It is very easy to do. Whenever you have a windows DVD – post back here and I will tell you the steps.

P.S – I hope you do not have any external Hard drive, usb , or Mobile phone plug into the computer during start up. Because that might cause this issue
. Tanx a lot,that's what I saw on google too,wanted to confirm,will get the window 7 disk and install it,will get back to you,tanx for ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Timzy234:

YTA (Youtube Accelerator)by Goobzo ltd.

it is enabled and cannot be disabled

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs/Programs and Features, uninstall anything by Goobzo especially the YouTube Accelerator. Check IE Addons and Check your proxy settings after you do.

Also run an antivirus scan.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mellorix:

Do what @LordReed advised above and if you still having problems, test your internet connection by doing the below.

hold down your Windows + R key to bring up the Run dialog box as shown below. Then type CMD

the Command prompt window opens.

try to PING WWW.google.com and see if it replies .

Worked but still showing "this page can't be displayed"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls this blue screen pop up at my Asus K501 laptop start up. I press escape before I'm able to boot the computer. Also there's this document search page that pops up wen the windows eventually starts, blinks irritatingly and stubborn to close

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls this blue screen pop up at my Asus K501 laptop start up. I press escape before I'm able to boot the computer. Also there's this document search page that pops up wen the windows eventually starts, blinks irritatingly and stubborn to close

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
KENNSAMMY: Pls this blue screen pop up at my Asus K501 laptop start up. I press escape before I'm able to boot the computer. Also there's this document search page that pops up wen the windows eventually starts, blinks irritatingly and stubborn to close

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
KENNSAMMY: Pls this blue screen pop up at my Asus K501 laptop start up. I press escape before I'm able to boot the computer. Also there's this document search page that pops up wen the windows eventually starts, blinks irritatingly and stubborn to close

Check your startup. Press windows key + r, type msconfig, click the startup tab. Screenshot the results and post here or indentify the culprit if you can and disable it/them. Also check control panel > programs and uninstall the culprits.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed:

Check your startup. Press windows key + r, type msconfig, click the startup tab. Screenshot the results and post here or indentify the culprit if you can and disable it/them. Also check control panel > programs and uninstall the culprits.
ok thanks I will try it and get back here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Timzy234:

Worked but still showing "this page can't be displayed"

what worked? the Ping ? or ?

And do you have firefox on your system? can you try firefox?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lordreed, this is I saw!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
KENNSAMMY: Lordreed, this is I saw!

These I don't know what they are:

Language A
Many Cam LLC
Openvpn-gui

Do you know what they are?

Secondly there are others your screenshot did not show.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed:

These I don't know what they are:

Language A
Many Cam LLC
Openvpn-gui

Do you know what they are?

Secondly there are others your screenshot did not show.
manycam is the application that powers the webcam, openvpn is a vpn, language A isn't so clear to me too... Meanwhile, I will try and snap a clearer picture forthwith. Thanks for your kindness (undeserved kindness) God bless you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
KENNSAMMY: manycam is the application that powers the webcam, openvpn is a vpn, language A isn't so clear to me too... Meanwhile, I will try and snap a clearer picture forthwith. Thanks for your kindness (undeserved kindness) God bless you.

Have you been using the VPN before?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please guys, my laptop Compaq always refused to come up from sleep. The screen will remain blank anytime I try to wake it up from sleep. Am always left with option of force shutting down then power up again before it can be used.
All response will be appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed:

I think I used it once, but long time a go. Like months ago.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
LordReed:

LordReed:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AmazingZeus(m): 1:27am On Sep 20, 2014
I don't have a PC but am willing to learn
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2014
KENNSAMMY:

@KENNSAMMY, scroll down the list @LordReed suggested and look for a file called "explorer.exe" uncheck it. (If it is in the list and that should solve your problem) - if it isnt in the list - post back here for further troubleshooting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.