Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268543 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2014
3kay945: Please guys, my laptop Compaq always refused to come up from sleep. The screen will remain blank anytime I try to wake it up from sleep. Am always left with option of force shutting down then power up again before it can be used.
All response will be appreciated.

download compaq battery test
and make sure the charger is connected
to the mains and run me a battery test.

let us know the results

what's the laptop full
model number and
memory size. for example
toshiba p300-20h windows 7

4GB of Ram Memory

Have you updated the laptop
from windows vista to windows 8 or
windows or vice versa. in other words,
have you formatted the laptop before and
how ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Gurus in the house i salute you all. I am a novice when it comes to computer, i am using hp650 laptop. My question is how do i copy and burn cd. That is the procedure and process of copying and burning cd from a-z, and does burning cd with laptop has any effect on laptop ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Timzy234:

Worked but still showing "this page can't be displayed"

Mellorix:
what worked? the Ping ? or ?
And do you have firefox on your system? can you try firefox?

LordReed:
In IE, Tools > Manage Add-ons
Is the add-on in the list? What's the name and status?

open up internet explorer and scroool to tools just playing around the options and
you'd see reset internet explorer; resetting explorer would erase your browsing history
and favourites.
Can any other laptop connect to the internet ? you could borrow another laptop and
rule out all possibilities.

Just as Mellorix has said, try opening firefox and see if you could browse
Given Lordreed and Mellorix diagnostics, please return back to the black screen, titled
'cmd' and type in ipconfig/all. what is the ipconfig/all. does it state. media state disconnected or
192.168.0.1 or similar ? I take the connection is a usb modem and windows 7 ? tyr to locate
network sharing centre or network in my computer or computer. what is it saying , any red cross
or yellow sign click on the ! sign or red cross and diagnose it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
TUNEX89: Gurus in the house i salute you all. I am a novice when it comes to computer, i am using hp650 laptop. My question is how do i copy and burn cd. That is the procedure and process of copying and burning cd from a-z, and does burning cd with laptop has any effect on laptop ?

Burning cd doesn't have any effect on a laptop.
please follow cd copyright laws. windows media
player would be the ideal software to use in buring
cd's. it would be better if you could google how to
burn cd in media aplayer. it is far better than sometime
telling you.you need a cd-rw or cd-r or +r to record. please
check the blank disc can record before buying it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Follow copyright laws u say ?
deji2009:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mellorix:

@KENNSAMMY, scroll down the list @LordReed suggested and look for a file called "explorer.exe" uncheck it. (If it is in the list and that should solve your problem) - if it isnt in the list - post back here for further troubleshooting.
thanks brothers. When I press windows + r and clicked startup tab, 360 internet Qihu360 soft... Alone is marked as the culprit. This 360 internet however is the only antivirus on the pc. Meanwhile, the other trouble with the initial booting is indicated as current OS;default OS , windows 7(c:\windows)... Take a look pls.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
deji2009:

I think he posted this question for help regarding how to burn a CD. He didnt really specify if he wants to burn an Audio CD or Video CD.

Anyhooo - I think we should offer help to who ever needs it undermining their technical skills or inability to Google(which is the first step anyways) .

How How to burn a CD. have a look at the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/videos/burn-a-cd#tab=pictures

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/burn-a-cd-or-dvd-in-windows-explorer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
KENNSAMMY: thanks brothers. When I press windows + r and clicked startup tab, 360 internet Qihu360 soft... Alone is marked as the culprit. This 360 internet however is the only antivirus on the pc. Meanwhile, the other trouble with the initial booting is indicated as current OS;default OS , windows 7(c:\windows)... Take a look pls.
as per the explorer exe, I didn't c anything like it on the startup tab
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
KENNSAMMY: thanks brothers. When I press windows + r and clicked startup tab, 360 internet Qihu360 soft... Alone is marked as the culprit. This 360 internet however is the only antivirus on the pc. Meanwhile, the other trouble with the initial booting is indicated as current OS;default OS , windows 7(c:\windows)... Take a look pls.

The above in bold does not have any thing to do with your UEFI boot device screen always poping up at startup. So i will advice you dont touch anything there.

About the "search window" always poping up.. i think we should solve one problem before the other. smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
KENNSAMMY: as per the explorer exe, I didn't c anything like it on the startup tab

My Observations:

Ok. Following my observation of your previous uploaded pics, I was able to deduce that your problem might be from the ASUS easy flash software installed on your system. ASUS Easy Update is a program designed to manage all installed ASUS programs on the user's PC and check for and update any new versions of the software if available. This service will run in the background when Windows starts and periodically check for updates.

My Advice:

Please go to control panel and uninstall a program called “ASUS Easy Update”. Restart your system and let’s see if you will be prompted with that screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KENNSAMMY(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mellorix:

My Observations:

Ok. Following my observation of your previous uploaded pics, I was able to deduce that your problem might be from the ASUS easy flash software installed on your system. ASUS Easy Update is a program designed to manage all installed ASUS programs on the user's PC and check for and update any new versions of the software if available. This service will run in the background when Windows starts and periodically check for updates.

My Advice:

Please go to control panel and uninstall a program called “ASUS Easy Update”. Restart your system and let’s see if you will be prompted with that screen.
, you. Are very correct! At the upper part of the window, that's the name: ASUS easy falsh update V1.4 kind of. But when I checked the control panel, there is nothing like it to un install. But if I want to update it how will I go about it when connected to the internet and how I be able to pick it for installation. 2. The blinking document search screen has come to be irritatingly stubborn to the extent that I cannot do anything on the pc. Any slight click on the home screen or anywhere too many to number of the screen pop up and I begin to press alt+f4 continuously of the screens. It is blinking and this made even entering of one password or any typing atall practically impossible.
I hope my own no too much now? I'm very sorry, and thanks for your time. God bless you all.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
KENNSAMMY: , you. Are very correct! At the upper part of the window, that's the name: ASUS easy falsh update V1.4 kind of. But when I checked the control panel, there is nothing like it to un install. But if I want to update it how will I go about it when connected to the internet and how I be able to pick it for installation. 2. The blinking document search screen has come to be irritatingly stubborn to the extent that I cannot do anything on the pc. Any slight click on the home screen or anywhere too many to number of the screen pop up and I begin to press alt+f4 continuously of the screens. It is blinking and this made even entering of one password or any typing atall practically impossible.
I hope my own no too much now? I'm very sorry, and thanks for your time. God bless you all.

Have a look at the below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiwfRVzeAPA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
deji2009:

telling you.you need a cd-rw or cd-r or r to record. please
thanks for your response, what about copying music that is from CDs to my laptop. How do i go about that ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mellorix:

I think he posted this question for help regarding how to burn a CD. He didnt really specify if he wants to burn an Audio CD or Video CD.

Anyhooo - I think we should offer help to who ever needs it undermining their technical skills or inability to Google(which is the first step anyways) .

How How to burn a CD. have a look at the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/videos/burn-a-cd#tab=pictures

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/burn-a-cd-or-dvd-in-windows-explorer
thank for your response, pls how do i copy cd to my laptop, that is if i buy a new album and i want to copy the album in to my laptop how do i go about it ? I am using hp650.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
TUNEX89: thanks for your response, what about copying music that is from CDs to my laptop. How do i go about that ?

TUNEX89: thank for your response, pls how do i copy cd to my laptop, that is if i buy a new album and i want to copy the album in to my laptop how do i go about it ? I am using hp650.

it will be a lot better to
google anything starting with, how do i...?

It is far better as you'd get to follow
the step instructions. google doesn't misled
when it comes to tuition. you'd need to
rip the contents from the audio cd to your
laptop and then go to burn and drag and drop the
content to a blank cd then click burn. it is far better to
google it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gyrados: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hi tech gurus.My pc turns on but has refused to boot and i think it needs formatting.Can u guys guide me on hw to do this or is there any alternative to solve this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wilson61(m): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
guys abeg help out, I'm using hp elitebook 6930p,2.40ghz,4gb ram, d problem is I'm ON windows 7 ultimate but I mistakenly installed windows vista app from mega 14 on my pc nd den since den my pc windows 7 display has changed, dnt know how to get bck, help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BKings: 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
my HP laptop sometimes goes blank when i try to start it, and remains that way until I power it down on the power button and reboot again before it will show something. Please what is the problem with it and how can I fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
wilson61: guys abeg help out, I'm using hp elitebook 6930p,2.40ghz,4gb ram, d problem is I'm ON windows 7 ultimate but I mistakenly installed windows vista app from mega 14 on my pc nd den since den my pc windows 7 display has changed, dnt know how to get bck, help

Do you mean display settings? I am on my tablet so couldn't type the instructions.it would be better to Google change windows display settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hello house. My HP probook 450G1 win 8 (5 months old) is having slight issues. My mavis beacon and zuma games minimises when running and I will have to click to maximise to continue. Also it occasionally wouldn't wake when I press the power button, I end up forcing a shutdown. Aside these issues d laptop works fine. What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Gyrados: Hi tech gurus.My pc turns on but has refused to boot and i think it needs formatting.Can u guys guide me on hw to do this or is there any alternative to solve this

How has it refused to boot?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
wilson61: guys abeg help out, I'm using hp elitebook 6930p,2.40ghz,4gb ram, d problem is I'm ON windows 7 ultimate but I mistakenly installed windows vista app from mega 14 on my pc nd den since den my pc windows 7 display has changed, dnt know how to get bck, help

Go to your desktop , Right click , and the click screen resolution. then you can change the resolution of your screen.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
BKings: my HP laptop sometimes goes blank when i try to start it, and remains that way until I power it down on the power button and reboot again before it will show something. Please what is the problem with it and how can I fix it

Too little information for us to diagnose, Please provide more information on your problem.

Regards

Free IT Support forum - www.ComputerHant.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gyrados: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
deji2009:

How has it refused to boot?
Yeah,it just comes on and after some seconds goes back off.Any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RichardSheddy(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2014
Please my laptop is giving me stress.
each time I am playing music/video, its sound production is good for some minutes, but will later not produce sound again while the volume is at the maximum.
Also, the system is shutting down itself frequently.
Please someone should help me out on how to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 5:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Hey all, I installed Windows 8.1 on my Lenovo Thinkpad SL510 but the resolution is poor, stuck at 1024x768 with no option to adjust it nor even the brightness of the screen. Please help with a graphics driver that can fix this hitch. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wilson61(m): 6:00am On Sep 21, 2014
deji2009:

Do you mean display settings? I am on my tablet so couldn't type the instructions.it would be better to Google change windows display settings
tnx for the reply ,I've corrected it by restoring to an earlier time from my control panel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wilson61(m): 6:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Mellorix:

Go to your desktop , Right click , and the click screen resolution. then you can change the resolution of your screen.
tnx for the reply Bro, I've corrected it by restoring from control panel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by iseoluwa89(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Hello gurus,pls my hp2000 has refused to see any connected device except for my flash drive..any other device does nt show under my computer and d installation is always unsuccessful ..pls I need ur expert solutions..Awaiting ur response!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:32am On Sep 21, 2014
Ifebazz: Hey all, I installed Windows 8.1 on my Lenovo Thinkpad SL510 but the resolution is poor, stuck at 1024x768 with no option to adjust it nor even the brightness of the screen. Please help with a graphics driver that can fix this hitch. Thanks.

My observations and advice:

You need to download the correct Windows 8.1 display driver for your Lenovo.Is your laptop 64bits? or 32bits.

Also please note that Lenovo DOES NOT yet have Windows 8.1 display driver created for Thinkpad SL510. But you can install the Windows 7 display driver and see how it goes.

See the below link.

http://support.lenovo.com/nl/nl/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-sl-series-laptops/thinkpad-sl510?TabName=Downloads
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2014
iseoluwa89: Hello gurus,pls my hp2000 has refused to see any connected device except for my flash drive..any other device does nt show under my computer and d installation is always unsuccessful ..pls I need ur expert solutions..Awaiting ur response!!

Plug your connected device - i presume you mean something like Hard drive, USB flash.

Click start - Right click computer

Click Manage - (A window pops open)

Click on computer management -

Check if your drive is on the right hand side of the open window

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2014
Mellorix:

My observations and advice:

You need to download the correct Windows 8.1 display driver for your Lenovo.Is your laptop 64bits? or 32bits.

Also please note that Lenovo DOES NOT yet have Windows 8.1 display driver created for Thinkpad SL510. But you can install the Windows 7 display driver and see how it goes.

See the below link.

http://support.lenovo.com/nl/nl/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-sl-series-laptops/thinkpad-sl510?TabName=Downloads
gracias, senaponga! perfecto!!! thank you very much. worked like a piece of cake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.