Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269652 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 8:56am On May 09, 2015
Donsteffi:
tried it,but its still the same
or maybe you can refer me to a site to download it..CORE I3.HP pavilion 15 notebook pc..windows 8 single language 64bit..thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by somongo: 5:58pm On May 09, 2015
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
I use a dell latitude E4310. The problem is that whenever I plug my ac adapter to my pc, the screen starts to flicker as in go bright, then dim. Plus the battery indicator doesn't show that an ac adapter has been connected. Please what's the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2015
Please whenever I try to boot my system, it shows startup repair is detecting problem...
And when it does that, it says startup repair can't solve the problem automatically and it restarts...
It doesn't even boot from dvd, so I can't flash a new os on it...
What do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2015
Whizpeter:
Please whenever I try to boot my system, it shows startup repair is detecting problem...
And when it does that, it says startup repair can't solve the problem automatically and it restarts...
It doesn't even boot from dvd, so I can't flash a new os on it...
What do I do?
have you tried using safe mode?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2015
bigt2:
Yeah... I keep pressing f8 but no response...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2015
bigt2:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pass111(m): 11:52pm On May 09, 2015
PLEASE HELP WITH WHITE VERTICAL LINE ON SCREEN!!!!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:53am On May 10, 2015
pass111:
PLEASE HELP WITH WHITE VERTICAL LINE ON SCREEN!!!!
with the picture you posted, I can't see any line - except I'll need to use a special lens. In lieu of that, I believe the line is imaginary so it. Was some pixels in your monitor screen are bad in a vertical array. You can continue using it. Hopefully, it wouldn't get worse but if it does, change the screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:54am On May 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

are you on windows 8?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 4:01am On May 10, 2015
Please,how can I update my graphics card manually,since updating it automatically isn't bringing the latest update.thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 6:45am On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
are you on windows 8?
Nope... M on 7 ultimate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

Nope... M on 7 ultimate
start pressing f8 rapidly once you power up it should work except if your keyboard is faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2015
Donsteffi:
Please,how can I update my graphics card manually,since updating it automatically isn't bringing the latest update.thanks
go to the graphics card manufacturer website.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 9:27am On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
start pressing f8 rapidly once you power up it should work except if your keyboard is faulty.

My keyboard is not faulty and the system doesn't respond to any command until it reaches its startup repair screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

My keyboard is not faulty and the system doesn't respond to any command until it reaches its startup repair screen
ok, whenever it starts the startup repair, long press the power button to aggressively shut down the system,then power back on.
It should list those options and mode suggestions and complain before booting so you select safe mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
ok, whenever it starts the startup repair, long press the power button to aggressively shut down the system,then power back on.
It should list those options and mode suggestions and complain before booting so you select safe mode.

I've done that, I've even removed the battery when it's still on but the laptop no go gree complain...

I tried installing a Windows 8 and it failed, that's when the problem started...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 11:58am On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
go to the graphics card manufacturer website.
I've downloaded the latest one from there after installing manually,nothing changes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gheezy02: 12:29pm On May 10, 2015
Brothers,Kindly help a bro out,yesterday's rain fell inside inside my laptop(my window and curtain was open)
..I tried drying it and I succeeded but now that I just switched it on,there's something that looks like a cracked screen and ink on the screen and the keyboard isn't working...What do I do pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dayosaurus(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2015
Dear all,

The spec of my acer laptop is hard disk: 500gb, ram: 3gb and processor: 1.30Ghz..

Please how feasible is it to upgrade the processor and ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2015
Gheezy02:
Brothers,Kindly help a bro out,yesterday's rain fell inside inside my laptop(my window and curtain was open)
..I tried drying it and I succeeded but now that I just switched it on,there's something that looks like a cracked screen and ink on the screen and the keyboard isn't working...What do I do pls?

lol i feel some electronic components inside have been damaged by water.
You should take it to an engineer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2015
Donsteffi:
I've downloaded the latest one from there after installing manually,nothing changes
then there must be a problem with your hardware, or are you downloading the wrong driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2015
dayosaurus:
Dear all,

The spec of my acer laptop is hard disk: 500gb, ram: 3gb and processor: 1.30Ghz..

Please how feasible is it to upgrade the processor and ram
that is OK for basic games and loads, smooth multi tasking. What exactly do you want the system for in the first place? Gaming,word processing, movies, photo editing, video editing, or what.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dayosaurus(m): 2:04pm On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
that is OK for basic games and loads, smooth multi tasking. What exactly do you want the system for in the first place? Gaming,word processing, movies, photo editing, video editing, or what.

I want to go into photo editing, video editing and be able to install games like FOOTBALL MANAGER and COD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 2:22pm On May 10, 2015
dayosaurus:

I want to go into photo editing, video editing and be able to install games like FOOTBALL MANAGER and COD
okay, you'll need to upgrade your processor to nothing less than core i5 and your ram to at least 4gb. Your hard drive is OK, but considering the fact that you are trying to venture into video editing, you need 1tb,the former 500gb hard drive can be used as an external drive for backup and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 4:27pm On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
then there must be a problem with your hardware, or are you downloading the wrong driver?
may you can refer me to a link where I can download it..intel HP graphics 4000..HP pavilion 15 notebook. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2015
Donsteffi:
may you can refer me to a link where I can download it..intel HP graphics 4000..HP pavilion 15 notebook. Thanks
is it this hp 15-d000sia?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 6:06pm On May 10, 2015
bigt2:
is it this hp 15-d000sia?
nope..HP pavilion 15 notebook
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opeyemidy: 8:00pm On May 10, 2015
Hi guys, i dont know wat is wrong with my windw 8 hp 250 laptop, any time ON it, it will tried to fix itself and at the end of day it bring out error and it is also not entering safemode again, wat is wrong with it and wat can i do ? Pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:46pm On May 10, 2015
Donsteffi:
nope..HP pavilion 15 notebook
have you checked hp website?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:18pm On May 10, 2015
opeyemidy:
Hi guys, i dont know wat is wrong with my windw 8 hp 250 laptop, any time ON it, it will tried to fix itself and at the end of day it bring out error and it is also not entering safemode again, wat is wrong with it and wat can i do ? Pls help.
http://www.7tutorials.com/fix-problems-keep-windows-81-loading-start-repair

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsteffi: 8:54am On May 11, 2015
bigt2:
have you checked hp website?
Yep..don't know if you can help me with the procedures I can use to update it manually and a link for the update download..Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dayosaurus(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2015
bigt2:
okay, you'll need to upgrade your processor to nothing less than core i5 and your ram to at least 4gb. Your hard drive is OK, but considering the fact that you are trying to venture into video editing, you need 1tb,the former 500gb hard drive can be used as an external drive for backup and the likes.

Bless you bro, do you know where I can get this done and price...

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.