Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263778 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
Pls help me out o... Whenever I received a document via email and I want to edit it on Ms word, it keeps saying the modification is not allowed because the selection is locked... This has slowed down my work as I couldn't perform any editing on my documents.... My system use ms word 2013... Pls I need a solution on how to unlock it... Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
Pls help me out o... Whenever I received a document via email and I want to edit it on Ms word, it keeps saying the modification is not allowed because the selection is locked... This has slowed down my work as I couldn't perform any editing on my documents.... My system use ms word 2013... Pls I need a solution on how to unlock it... Thanks

The document is probably protected and protected documents can't be edited....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

The document is probably protected and protected documents can't be edited....
thanks.... So how do I unlocked it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rapsowdee01(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
thanks.... So how do I unlocked it?

I really have no idea on how to

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordPherule(m): 4:07am On Dec 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

In the search section type, services.msc, look for windows update(double click) and disable.............

Thanks so much. I really appreciate. Compliments of the season Sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 4:14am On Dec 11, 2016
LordPherule:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate. Compliments of the season Sir.

Same to you Boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Goodmorning. Pls my hp laptop is refusing to come on. Whenever, i try to power it on, d red light of a wireless connection comes on, and d caps lock button starts blinking a white light? I used it last night oh!
What can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2016
iosazee:
Goodmorning. Pls my hp laptop is refusing to come on. Whenever, i try to power it on, d red light of a wireless connection comes on, and d caps lock button starts blinking a white light? I used it last night oh!
What can i do?

Press and hold power button for about 8 seconds or take out battery for a few seconds and reinsert
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 11:28am On Dec 11, 2016
i dnt just knw y my battery is charging bt still on 0% for 2hrs now

and once i unplug frm light de 0% ba3 will last exactly as 100% ba3 juice wud last

so i dnt knw wats wrong
have removed de ba3 plug direct and uninstall de ba3 drivers yet same tin
maybe de ba3 is faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seaboi06(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2016
Hi,good morning
I have a Dell e6400 laptop and I have wifi connected but no app is working/connecting to the internet....pls what's wrong and what can I do
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
seaboi06:
Hi,good morning
I have a Dell e6400 laptop and I have wifi connected but no app is working/connecting to the internet....pls what's wrong and what can I do
Thanks.

Like what app are u talking abt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seaboi06(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
horllamy:

Like what app are u talking abt
thanks for the reply,its solved after I uninstall the wifi adapter in device manager and restart

and am actually talking about the browsers(chrome,moxilla) and also avast vpn
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seaboi06(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
iosazee:
What can i do?
I think the problem is with Ur RAM,you should check Ur RAM or if you are two ram u should look for the bad one and remove it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benzems(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
Watch how to construct external cooling fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ScifxmZjfg&t=29s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:41am On Dec 12, 2016
Amicable24:

kinda rearming though.. Can't u share it with me here?
activating windows 7 is one of the simpliest amd fastest old tricks....as reformating is to learners so is re-arming/updating to win 8 is to pretenders....
just call me...it takes less than 5mins to activate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2016
sameolg616:

activating windows 7 is one of the simpliest amd fastest old tricks....as reformating is to learners so is re-arming/updating to win 8 is to pretenders....
just call me...it takes less than 5mins to activate

Thank you for your time and response. I've resolved the issue though.. Thanks to Computerboy wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2016
Amicable24:

Thank you for your time and response. I've resolved the issue though.. Thanks to Computerboy wink
cool...now you can listen to his suggestion of upgrading to window 10;win 8 only if your system supports it and if not...he can provide matching drivers for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roblance: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2016
iosazee:
What can i do?

How many times is the caplocks light blinking
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2016
roblance:

How many times is the caplocks light blinking
it's likely the i.c. I had a similar problem once. Is it a hp pavillion?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Techrobin(f): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2016
is your system currently running on windows 10? check out the new things about windows 10 you need to knw here http://www.techrobin.com/6-essential-changes-need-know-windows-10/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by marv1: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pls i have a laptop with window 8. I wanted to instal some softwares it keeps telling me that i dont have the administrator's right to do it. Some of the software i downloaded did not instal. How do i change my user account control of my laptop to administrator. I have not connected it to any pc network just a lone pc. Urgent pls. I need the step by step guide. God bless u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
I bought this mini laptop.. the brand shows Samsung.. even when I on it, it shows Samsung.. but when I go to the properties and processors..
it shows computer name as HP..
so I want to ask gurus in the house whether it's legit or clone... it has been serving me thoor..

although I learnt HP bought Samsung printer for around $10bill..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Please how do I fix this error? I have done everything possible and yet no result. I have download window 10 ISO and burn it into my a DVD+r . I tried to reinstall and repair my pic but couldn't make any headway.
Now, I am thinking of reformat and doing a clean installation of window 10 which would lead to all data loss.but i don't want any data loss and I want format without losing my data.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GWINA(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2016
grin[/size][size=8pt] please help me

My dell laptop can't display restore factory settings in all way that I have tried. I tried F8, ctrl F11, F2, F12, I click help and support on start menu, I can't load.
Am using window xp. Please, any idea of what happened?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luvlydevin(m): 3:27am On Dec 14, 2016
GWINA:
grin[/size][size=8pt] please help me

My dell laptop can't display restore factory settings in all way that I have tried. I tried F8, ctrl F11, F2, F12, I click help and support on start menu, I can't load.
Am using window xp. Please, any idea of what happened?
use cancel command
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mobiupdates: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
To share the problems of your pc online use webex meeting online
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:44am On Dec 15, 2016
lymelyte:
Please how do I fix this error? I have done everything possible and yet no result. I have download window 10 ISO and burn it into my a DVD+r . I tried to reinstall and repair my pic but couldn't make any headway.
Now, I am thinking of reformat and doing a clean installation of window 10 which would lead to all data loss.but i don't want any data loss and I want format without losing my data.

Use Google to find out how to get to bios on your laptop.

Have a look at device configuration Ann maker sure your hard drive is
Set to ahci and not ide or ufi. Alternatively you could do a system restore
If you keep pressing f8 until advance option comes up and select safe mode
To restore. Jut Google system restore if in doubts
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2016
my laptop doesn't detect my infinix hot 4 when I connect it with USB.. but it detects when I put it on (ptp) picture mode or midi mode.. but when I change it to transfer file mode.. it doesn't detect again.. meanwhile it also detcts other phone..

what might be the cause..?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordPherule(m): 8:52am On Dec 15, 2016
krattoss:
my laptop doesn't detect my infinix hot 4 when I connect it with USB.. but it detects when I put it on (ptp) picture mode or midi mode.. but when I change it to transfer file mode.. it doesn't detect again.. meanwhile it also detcts other phone..

That's a common issue related to Win 10. Go to drivers and update your device drivers for Portable devices while the phone is connected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2016
please pals my dell latitude D630 is not switching on. I just dismantled and dusted it. after coupling it, I pressed the power button but the power light will just switch on for 6 secs and everything goes of. help please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Carlcaresophia: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2016
krattoss:

Hello krattoss, you can try another USB cable, or try to reboot the phone. If the problem persists, you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still there, you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues there to check it for you! Thank you!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2016
VITALYSTA:
please pals my dell latitude D630 is not switching on. I just dismantled and dusted it. after coupling it, I pressed the power button but the power light will just switch on for 6 secs and everything goes of. help please.
please house. it's urgent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.