Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276690 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2009
maedan:

@ all the so-called gang

didn't bother to read ur whole gabbing posts, but the tone I sensed was that of childish anger. If I offended u with my bantering comments, too bad. I was indeed speaking for myself and some others in travel section, not necessarily this particular thread. For ur information, a very nice fellow nairalander answered my question all those months ago, was very helpful, and with the extra stuff I got from the web, was able to travel here (UK) without stress.

I will be here for the next two years or so on a PSW visa with my hubby, so u can jump into a f-king lake, the collective lot of u for getting at me with such venom when I meant no harm.

Disgraceful.
OK. I have noted your puerile balderdash of a post. You call my posts gabbing? grin Why bother responding to a gabbing post thereafter? Who is more childish when a supposed married woman cannot watch her mouth and readily has recourse to using the ''eff'' word in her posts.

I have made my posts to you. Next time you open your gob to direct posts at me hiding under the humor of you making it bantering comments, apply your senses. My first comments here were not directed to anyone, you suddenly barged-in to ptyalise your claptrap. At first, I humored you with my silence, you came back again to post more anecdotes filled with childish animosity for not responding to you all the while when you had your case pending, which was not even posted on this thread in the first place.

Nevertheless, I have humored you with my silence before, permit me to return to my initial state of not responding to you henceforth. You have your mouth, you are free to utter your inputs, and I doubt I would ever respond to your childish and gutter rantings again.

Have a good day and enjoy your UK.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2009
@Pataki_funky

I beg drop these rants jare.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2009
Hi

i am on HSMP in UK and i and my wife got our marrige resigtered. since we didnt have any marriage photos with us at that time, we took a joint photograph at a local studio and submitted the same along with the original marriage certificate.SInce the photograph was taken against plain background, the photographer suggested to enhance the beauty of the photograph by using his digital techniques. The ECR refused the visa stating that a false document had been provided under section 320 (7a). we re-applied this time again with the complete marriage album(as we now have the complete snaps of our rituals) and the application form. They again rejected stating 2 comments.
1. As the earlier application was refused under false act
2. My wife had mistakenly given a wron statment against one of the question. i.e when asked "how long do u wish to stay" - my wife had given as permanently. This was writtern after asking the agent at the VFS counter. i think this should be my(spouse) visa expiry date.

Can anyone suggest, if i should re-apply (3rd time) or should i go for appeal?

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2009
girish123:

Hi

i am on HSMP in UK and i and my wife got our marrige resigtered. since we didnt have any marriage photos with us at that time, we took a joint photograph at a local studio and submitted the same along with the original marriage certificate.SInce the photograph was taken against plain background, the photographer suggested to enhance the beauty of the photograph by using his digital techniques. The ECR refused the visa stating that a false document had been provided under section 320 (7a). we re-applied this time again with the complete marriage album(as we now have the complete snaps of our rituals) and the application form. They again rejected stating 2 comments.
1. As the earlier application was refused under false act
2. My wife had mistakenly given a wron statment against one of the question. i.e when asked "how long do u wish to stay" - my wife had given as permanently. This was writtern after asking the agent at the VFS counter. i think this should be my(spouse) visa expiry date.

Can anyone suggest, if i should re-apply (3rd time) or should i go for appeal?

Thanks in advance

The empty brain ECO is only trying to fool your process.There is nothing wrong give them a private picture without the usual crowd.
point 2,the answer-permanent is the right answer as she wants to have the UK as her primary place of abode as a spouse of HSMP holder residing and working in the UK.
Personally,i will go for an appeal instead of allowing the rants to ruin your marriage.Get a good UK solicitor to screw them up as usual with their flippy excuses.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2009
Thanks very much for the reply.

Can you tell me the appeal process? do i need to have a solicitor from UK or could it from my wife's country aswell?? what is the usual time to get a call for hearing? also if UK, can you recommend some well known UK Immigration solicitors please? as i am new to this place, i dont know much about the solicitors here, how much is the average fee that they charg?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2009
Thanks very much for the reply. Appreciate your reply.

Can you tell me the appeal process? do i need to have a solicitor from UK or could it from my wife's country aswell?? what is the usual time to get a call for hearing? also if UK, can you recommend some well known UK Immigration solicitors please? as i am new to this place, i dont know much about the solicitors here, how much is the average fee that they charge?

Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 4:41pm On Mar 08, 2009
girish123:

Thanks very much for the reply. Appreciate your reply.

Can you tell me the appeal process? do i need to have a solicitor from UK or could it from my wife's country aswell?? what is the usual time to get a call for hearing? also if UK, can you recommend some well known UK Immigration solicitors please? as i am new to this place, i dont know much about the solicitors here, how much is the average fee that they charge?

Regards

*The Appeal forms should reach them not later 56 day from the day of the refusal.
*The appeal forms are enclosed with your refusal
*Immigration advisers/Solicitor-http://www.oisc.org.uk/ http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/home.law
*Appeal time frame-?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2009
Hi
Thanks again for the reply.

Is going by appeal the only option? since it usually takes more than 2-3 months (i think), shoudl i try to re-apply last time ? Is there maximum limit after which i cannot re-apply ? i hope re-aplying does not frustrate the entry clearance officer.

regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2009
How long is an HSMP valid for?
An HSMP would be valid for up to 5 years. Initially, normally, the home office grants a person 12 months. At the end of the 12 month period they would then need to apply for an extension under the highly skilled migrant program, proving that they had taken employment and that they were still qualified under that scheme.

So am  not sure if permanent is the right answer because your spouse is only allowed to stay in the UK as long as your HSMP is valid . ( So do the math and you will get the right answer)

I will advise her to reapply and correct the mistake .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2009
darkroll:

Am not sure if permanent is the right answer because your spouse is only allowed to stay in the UK as long as your HSMP is valid . ( I stand to be corrected ooo)

HSMP REQUIREMENTS

"In addition to scoring at least 75 points in the above areas you will also need to demonstrate:
1. Your ability to continue to work in your chosen field in the United Kingdom.
2. That you have enough savings and/or potential income to be able to support yourself and your family. You will not be allowed any use of UK public funds (for example income support) whilst in the United Kingdom with permission to stay under the programme.
3. That you are willing and able to make the United Kingdom your main home. We will ask you to provide a written undertaking to that effect. You will be expected to make the UK your country of habitual residence….".
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2009
Thats a valid point Brownbonno!! the HSMP requirements does have that.

But is it the same applicalble for dependent HSMP? Logicaly ,it sounds Yes. But is that what ECR is trying to redirect that since my spouse would be on dependent HSMP, she will have to be depdent on my visa timelines,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2009
Your spouse as to be on the dependent  of your visa timeline for now .

It is until after 5-years when u apply for the indefinite stay that your wife can fill permanent on the form , there is no guarantee now you will get indefinite stay so she cant fill permanent .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2009
girish123:

Thats a valid point Brownbonno!! the HSMP requirements does have that.

But is it the same applicalble for dependent HSMP? Logicaly ,it sounds Yes. But is that what ECR is trying to redirect that since my spouse would be on dependent HSMP, she will have to be depdent on my visa timelines,

I have said in my first post that most of the ECOs are with empty brains.
Your status in the UK is extendable if you have the requirement.You wife depend on you and she will have a right to live here with you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2009
It is until after 5-years when u apply for the indefinite stay that your wife can fill permanent on the form , there is no guarantee now you will get indefinite stay so she cant fill permanent .

Even though it state in the immigration law  that your stay is extendable and you can file for indefinite stay after 5-years there is no guarantee you will  get it if you dont meet the requirement then, so she cant  assume or conclude that she will be staying there permanently at this stage.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2009
Thanks for the reply friends

But can u please suggest , if i can re-apply it for 3rd time probably correcting the statement and put my visa valid date in it? or should i go only by appeal. Will re-application lead to any more problems??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2009
I will advise you re apply and correct the mistake .

But i still strongly advise you speak to immigration lawyers
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2009
i am getting mixed anwers from various solicitors [sad],so bit confused
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2009
Weigh your options

Just a tip: If you reappeal , will she claim u both were ignorant to fill permanent in the application form ? ignorant is not an excuse in court ooo , not even at this E - all age .But if she correct the mistake and reapply lets assume she was refused (which i doubt) , she wont be refused on the past mistake but maybe a new one and then you can now re appeal on whatever new reason the ECO refused her for.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2009
i take your answer dark!!

but lets take an example , where a person is filling the form for the first time. He is tend to make mistakes. for eg: writing wrong credit card number or giving the wrong passport epxiry date. But there is always chance of correcting it by re-applying. cant we take a similar grounds here??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by girish123: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2009

but lets take an example , where a person is filling the form for the first time. He is tend to make mistakes. for eg: writing wrong credit card number or giving the wrong passport epxiry date. But there is always chance of correcting it by re-applying. cant we take a similar grounds here??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2009
girish123:

We are saying the same thing , if you read my earlier post i stated i will advise you to correct the mistake and reapply instead of reappealing.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2009
girish123:

but lets take an example , where a person is filling the form for the first time. He is tend to make mistakes. for eg: writing wrong credit card number or giving the  wrong passport epxiry date. But there is always chance of correcting it by re-applying. cant we take a similar grounds here??

We are saying the same thing , if you read my earlier post i stated i will advise you to  correct the mistake and reapply instead of re-appealing.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sugabelle: 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2009
hello girish123, I think even if u resolve the other issues, how can u convince them about the photos? It would have been better if u didnt submit any at all the first time, and wen u reapplied the second time, u gave the correct pictures. As it stands now, they believe u did an "arrangee" marriage in d first place, and only took the new, more convincing pix to make it seem real. Sorry, but I don't think u can reapply. An appeal is ur best bet.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:36am On Mar 09, 2009
@Brownbonno

You got to be careful about the technicalities in UK immigration rule.

"Making UK your home/ habitual residence" is not the same thing as permanent.

It denotes that the applicant "lives" in UK within the given period. Must not be away from UK for specified number of days each year.

Do you know that person with ILR(permanent residency) can lose it if away from UK for 2 years?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by darkroll(m): 3:59am On Mar 09, 2009

Do you know that person with ILR(permanent residency) can lose it if away from UK for 2 years?

Oga Akolawole am really interested to know more about the above highlighted , are u saying that even if u have ILR and you stay away from the UK for 2years your ILR might be cancelled ? Na waoooo all these UK laws sef
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
darkroll:

Oga Akolawole am really interested to know more about the above highlighted , are u saying that even if u have ILR and you stay away from the UK for 2years your ILR might be cancelled ? Na waoooo all these UK laws sef

Yes.

Its funny.

I was involved with one "minister of religion" application sometimes ago. The application was successful. The man(Pastor) still intend to be more involved in Naija church more than UK branch and i told him he might lose his UK visa if he continues to spend weeks in nigeria.

You know Nigerian pastors grin cry
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paulmtn: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2009
I filed in an appeal against the decision of the uk Embassy as regards my student visa refusal. The case was judged 26th February 2009 confirmed. But up till now they are yet to get through to me on the decision of the jurist.

Does it that that long? And what do i do now?

Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2009
paulmtn:

I filed in an appeal against the decision of the uk Embassy as regards my student visa refusal. The case was judged 26th February 2009 confirmed. But up till now they are yet to get through to me on the decision of the jurist.

Does it that that long? And what do i do now?

Waoh!

Less than 2 weeks ago.

AIT deal with thousands of appeal, so patient is the word.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paulmtn: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2009
oK! I WAS JUST LIKE ; HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE , I NEVER KNEW IT TAKES TIME TO GET THROUGH TO ONE AFTER THE DECISION WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE DURING THE CASE.
aNYWAY, I PRAY I RECEIVE A SUCCESSFUL MESSAGE SOONEST.

CHEERS
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
@Pataki

I think you need to advertise on Nairalist and lets give you support.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ty4real(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2009
@Pataki!Funkybaby!Maraedan!Bp!

You guys made me laugh this evening grin grin grin

Funkybaby!You hard ohhhhh!Power grid loun loun!shey na MFM you dey attend!Operation no mercy! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2009
ty4real:

@Pataki!Funkybaby!Maraedan!Bp!

You guys made me laugh this evening grin grin grin

Funkybaby!You hard ohhhhh!Power grid loun loun!shey na MFM you dey attend!Operation no mercy! grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

No mind me jare. tongue
What's up with you. . . . . Long time. Acada nko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.