Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276176 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by adexchamp(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2009
He ya!! sorry oo,but it's good for you to move ahead in life afterall you got a good job, i believe when the time comes for you to travel,you will do so in great style.Ciao!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Tegese: 11:58am On Apr 14, 2009
yettidear:

Hello All(Ako,Funky,Paribus & Co.),

My appeal was denied.Just as ppl foresaw.It had no concrete facts for my defence and AIT disallowed it.

Just to give u the conclusion of the whole case.

I had already moved on with my life though.

Cheers!!!
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lloydhill(m): 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
hi all, how are u guys, funkkybaby,Mr pataki.vcjustice and the rest , its really bein a while, i am just readin all the post and i am thanking u all for ur contribution that help a lot of us.thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Mmuo(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
A friends appeal was sent by the end of the month of December, pls when are we expecting results? A notification letter was sent to him on the 10th of February.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
hi mr pataki, funkybaby, mr crackles, akolawole, yettidear and everyone else,

i await my hearing which is in less than two weeks, but just thinking that one conctrete i gave for returning at the expiration of my visa is to return to partake in the compulsory 1-yr nysc exercise,

now, i'm almost completing my exercise, i applied to be mobilised when i was refused the visa, now, my sister is going to representing me before the immigration judge,

i'v thought questions on this issue will arise in different ways like

i) if my sister doesnt mention anything about me doing nysc, they might ask what it is i'v been doing all the while,

ii) if she tells them i'm already involved in the exercise as she plans to do, they might see no other concrete reason for me coming back at the end of my stay,

and though she might tell them that i have done the compulsory part of the 3-weeks camp but they will note that i stated that NYSC is a compulsory 1 year program,

i don't know what to do so i ask for your advice as the hearing is in less than two weeks, and winning it is going to be a thing of joy as it will be coming at the right time, i conclude the nysc program in july,

my representative is going to tell them i'm already doing nysc but how would she argue that i actually will return at the end of my visa time?

EVERYONE smiley smiley smiley

THANKS ALREADY
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2009
and yes, apart from strong family ties here in nigeria, that was the only other strong reason i could give, smiley smiley smiley

advice ooo, so we know what do in time, comments and advices will highly be appreciated!!!

God bless you all
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by grillade4u: 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
thanks guys.
my cases: i am appealing my case through an immigration firm in Nigeria. pls i would like to know the process it usually follows. And how do i get information on whats going on, if any. is there a way to confirm the position besides through the law firm. i feel lost as i was told my appealwas lodged on the 3rd of April so whats the entire procedure? thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 12:09am On Apr 21, 2009
why does it feel like this thread is fading? no response whatsoever,

haba, eyin mr pataki, cvibe, siena, akolawole, funkybabe, mr crackles and even yettidear who was recently refused on her appeal, talk to me ooo,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by royalboy(m): 8:06am On Apr 22, 2009
I honestly dont believe in court representation when it comes to visa appeal procedures. If you have a genuine case and can show by documented evidence that their has been a miscarriage of justice in the handling of your visa application, why battling with a physical representation in court. Nigerians should understand that visa refusal is not a murder case and at such should not be given an unworthy spectacle. You have turned in a paper application alongside credentials at BHC, and a decision was reached without a need to interview you, I would then sensibly assume the Judge at AIT should act accordingly in the same manner. 90% of appeal cases have been favourably treated without a resort to any formal court appearances. Thats my two cent, but under the circumstance that it becomes imperative that your sister appears in court, then you may also want to start considering the inevitable family tie with your sister based in the UK, which ofcourse may demonstrate an intent to stay back at the completion of your course in the UK.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2009
ok royalboy, you have a point there, about them being able to claim family ties with my sister on my behalf thus having the intent of remaining there even when my visa expires, as for the oral hearing, i see that as wise, besides, most appeal cases i'v heard of were done with d oral hearing cuz they stood better chances of winning as many of these judges are compassionate and are most likely to agree with the rep's view of why the appellant should be granted entry(with all genuine docs)instead of a paper hearing, i doubt that entry clearance officers go through applications thoroughly, they just decide whether or not they are happy, and apply that to the lucky or less-lucky application they handle at each point in time,

i wish myself the best anyways
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
GOOD DAY HOUSE.

THANK YOU YOU VERY MUCH(MJ2008, Pataki, funkybaby)I HAVE CONTACTED THE AIT CUSTOMER CARE AND THEY SAID THEY WILL ACCEPT ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT.

I NOW PLAN TO SEND THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT TO THEM,MAYBE FEW DAYS B4 MY HEARING AND I WAS TOLD THAT MY HEARING WILL BE MANY MOUNTHS FROM NOW ALSOTHAT THEY HAVE NOT YET SET A DATE 4 MY HEARING.

MJ2008 I WISH U SUCESS IN UR APPEAL.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by grillade4u: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
r these questions asked being ignored
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
well, kind of, i guess the attention has been taken off for some reason i don't know,

we'll get by anyways,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2009
wow, now, the hearing is in four days and just 1 response so far!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2009
@all, my sister says she plans to tell the judge that she'll stand as a guarantor seeing that i return at the end of my visa, what do u think?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2009
shanga:

MJ2008 I WISH U SUCESS IN UR APPEAL.

Thanks Shanga !

Hello Everyone! Good news, my sis from UK called today to inform that she got her copy of my determination and that the AIT Immig Judge has allowed my e appeal. Thank God and Glory & Praise to Him ! I will now wait for my own copy (maybe it will arrive on Monday) and will email the Embassy to update them.
Just would like to say thanks a bunch to everyone here for the support and guidance most especially to Mr. Pataki, Akolawe, & others whose inputs were most helpful.

@ Awoll

As long as you have explained thoroughly your intention to return to your country after your studies, there is no cause for worry. You should have explained very well your plans after your studies in your grounds and refer to it as well in your witness statement. Your sis do not have to explain to the judge. Good luck !

@ Grillade

If you have already submitted your Notice of Appeal, you can also make a follow up to the AIT via the customer care, you can see the email add I had given to Shanga. The AIT will notify you once they have registered your appeal in the data base, about 1 month. Then wait for your hearing notice, about 12 weeks or so.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2009
wow, congrats MJ2008! this is a big step for u, nice one,

does it mean that after the judge gives a decision, d ECO doesn't necessarily have to appeal against it?

i'v completed my studies here in nigeria and am almost completing my nysc exercise, i applied for the working holiday maker visa and my reason for coming back at the end of my stay was that i hadnt done nysc and wl have to have completed it b4 i turn 30, but when they refused me the 1st, then 2nd time, i applied to be called up,

now, d appeal statement has it as d main reason for me returning at d end of d visa if given me, but my sister, who'll be representing me wants to say i'm almost through with the exercise, and that she will instead, stand as a guarantor for me,

what do u advise? congrats once again, we'l still appreciate that u update us with the processes and developments u encounter right until u'v left nigeria, ok?

thanks!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2009
Thanks Awoll smiley

I think this is a useful link for you http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeals/aplforposts

Yeah your sis can do that, she could tell the judge that she has sufficient funds to support you whilst you are in the UK. Your sis should be able to submit bank statement as supporting evidence. Regarding your going back to Nigeria, if you have explained in details your intention to go back then there is no need for the judge to question your sis regarding this matter.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2009
thanks MJ, my sister submitting bank statements and the likes will only justify d fact that i won't rely on public funds,

they always want to see reason that any applicant applying for a non-settlement visa has commitments back home,

and since i'm already doing that which i meant to do at d expiration of my visa (nysc) and rounding up in july, what chances do i have? cuz nw, her stating that will leave no other strong hold to returning back,

thanks,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2009
Awoll, the important thing is that you explained in details about NYSC and its importance in your life plans.  But then you already started your NYSC instead of after your UK trip, right?  In that case, just finish the module and do not get your certification yet.  So its as if like you didn't finish your NYSC yet and came back for your certification after your UK trip.  Since, the judge do not know whether you started NYSC yet, he will not question your sis regarding that.  Did you state extensively in your witness statement about your plans after your UK trip? I think that's very relevant in your case.

Do you think the judge will take your case favorably if you inform him that the very reason for your coming back to Nigeria will be known to him?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Lanre13: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2009
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and i've read a few posts with interest. I however have a dilema of my own. I'm in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my wife and child. They are currently in Nigeria and i'll like them to join me in the uk.

My dilema is my monthly expenditure is greater than my income, which makes my account overdrawn and it has been like this for a while. My question is, do i need to have a certain balance in my account to get a dependant visa for my wife and child or the balance doesnt matter and all that matters is that i have income coming in?

Any advice from anyone whose had to do this application will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by omon(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2009
Guys, I need your help, Is it longer neccessary to schedule an appointment online with the VFS before submitting a visa application at any of the visa centres in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by grillade4u: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2009
thanks MJ2008. i didnt get the link u spoke about. and pls when do they give u a slip and whatis it meant for?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2009
Lanre_101:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and i've read a few posts with interest. I however have a dilema of my own. I'm in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my wife and child. They are currently in Nigeria and i'll like them to join me in the uk.

My dilema is my monthly expenditure is greater than my income, which makes my account overdrawn and it has been like this for a while. My question is, do i need to have a certain balance in my account to get a dependant visa for my wife and child or the balance doesnt matter and all that matters is that i have income coming in?

Any advice from anyone whose had to do this application will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
   For the balance: you need to satisfy the visa officer that you have enough money to cover their expenditures (once in the UK) without being a liability or making the recourse to public funds
   As for the transaction details, you need to satisfy the ECO that you have a credible and consistent means of income. So, the balance amount in your statement matters as much as the transaction details
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2009
ok MJ2008, thanks alot but i really didnt understand ur msg,

will it make sense that i dont have a certificate for a program i will have completed?

what will u suggest we do? any need mentioning that i'v started at all?

and when you say if i want my intentions known to the judge? i don't really understand,

what would you do in my shoes? i intend to come back for school but what strong reason reason or commitment can i present for the assurance of returning?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dearstan(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2009
Can anyone in the house please tell me which appeal process is faster - Paper or Oral Hearing?

Kindly give information on the estimated time frame for a paper appeal that was lodged in late january.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2009
Awoll, if i were in your shoes, i will not mention to the judge that i have started nysc in nigeria at this point in time, anyway you have not yet finished your nysc yet. I think you do need an evidence for your intention to return such as school certification that you still have to undergo your nysc. It's better if you stop your nysc programme for awhile.

@ Grillade

it's Customer.Service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk, you can make follow up with this email add

@ dearstan

I think they are the same, Paper & oral hearing have the same time line ie bet. 6-12 mos
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2009
Quote From YettiDear

Hello All(Ako,Funky,Paribus & Co.),
Remember me?? the girl that got a fake tax clearance from a supposed ITK agent on NL.
My appeal was denied.Just as ppl foresaw.It had no concrete facts for my defence and AIT disallowed it.
Just to give u the conclusion of the whole case.
I had already moved on with my life though. Have a great job.awaiting the other 'M'. . . have professional certificates, which have taken me higher in my career.
This is to advice ppl out there to look before leaping. . . .some agents can be the Devil themselves not telling you the truth until in explode right in your face.

Bar heaven, we all knew you cannot win that appeal.

The initial damage was done knowingly or unknowingly by Viviko(who is the agent in question) but the final coffing was nailed by the contents of the "grounds of appeal".

The guy who wrote the grounds do that with good intention but it is too watery.

Well, such happens but you have to clear your name completely even if you have to spend quite some money on legal cases.

Who Knows, you might end up being the first female governor in Naija? That smell has to be cleared and quickly too.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dearstan(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2009
@MJ2008, Akolawale,
I didn't quite follow the story of yettidear's appeal denial, but am i correct to think that her visa trouble emanated from a false tax clearance document. From akolawale's last post, he stated that he foresaw a denial of her appeal - my actual question is what do you think went wrong in yettidear's case?
A cousin of mine actually has a similar case, he got refused a uk visa twice reason being that he unknowingly submitted a false tax clearance of his uncle's company - he was served a 10year ban on second refusal, and he proceeded with an appeal on the grounds that he was not aware of the authenticity of the document.

Can anyone advice on this issue, what the chances of his appeal being allowed?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
HAILINGS TO Akolawole,MJ2008 AND EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE.

IN REGARDS TO MY APPEAL I WAS ADVICED BY MJ2008 TO SEND THE ORIGINAL COPY OF MY SPONSOR DOCUMENT TO THE AIT BECOS THE REASON I WAS REFUSED ENTY IS BECOS I DID NOT SUBMIT ORIGINAL COPIES OF MY SPONSOR DOCUMENT.AND I WROTE THE AIT TO ASK IF I WILL BE ABLE TO SEND MORE DOCUMENT TO MY APPEAL AND IF THEY ACCEPT CERTIFY TRUE COPY ALSO I ASK THE AIT CUSTOMER CARE ABOUT THE POSSILITIES OF GETTING BACK THE ORIGINAL COPY IF I SHOULD SEND IT TO THEM.

I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF U GUYS WE ADVICE ME TO DO AT THE MOMENT,EITHER TO SEND THE ORIGINAL TO THE AIT OR LEAVE THE CERTIFIED COPY THAT I HAVE ALREDY SENT TO THEM?AND THE AIT CUSTOMER CARE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RETURNING THE ORIGINAL COPIES I AM PLANING IN SENDING TO THEM.

AND PLEASE NOTE THAT I PREVIOSELY SENT CERTIFY TRUE COPY OF MY SPONSOR DOCUMENT TO THE AIT.

AND THIS ARE THEIR RESPONSE TO MY QUERY.

Thank you for your e-mail.

1) We can confirm that we have received your appeal and your appeal number is as above. If you wish to send any further

evidence/documents for your appeal, you can do so by fax or post. AIT does not need your passport or original documents unless

specifically asked to do so. Any authorised certify copy of orginal documents can be submitted for your appeal if you wish to do so.

You will receive further notices specifying submission date, as your appeal progress for next stage of appeal process.

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE BECOS I NEED TO WIN THIS APPEAL BY ALL MEANS THANK U AND GOD BLESS smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:02am On Apr 30, 2009
@Shanga

Are you on oral or paper appeal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.