Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die (62577 Views)

Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes / Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by honeric01(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2016
searay:
thanks for the mentioned. But in Christianity, it's both the WORD and ACTION

And what i listed lack both?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:29am On Apr 04, 2016
tonybosses:

The point I still don't get is this, how does it affects you negatively, if I carry mic to preach in motor parks? How does it affect you negatively if I rent a shop to preach d word of God and call it a church?

Nobody Is forced into any church or to believe any gospel.

My brother, it is noise. Public spaces are meant for everyone regardless of religious or tribal affiliation and everyone is free to use them the way they want, so long as they don't disturb others. What if someone who doesn't want to listen to your message owns a shop I'm the same motor park? Should he/she relocate because of you? If you approach people individually and talk to them, you give them that choice of agreeing or refusing to give you audience. By using a loudspeaker or megaphone, you are taking that choice away from them by force which is ultimately a breach on their rights as equal citizens of this country.

There’s used to be this man that would walk up and down my street every morning by 6:30 am, preaching with a megaphone, and waking people who want to get that last bit of sleep in before they have to drag themselves up and go to work or school before they want to. The funny part is that majority of the residents of my street are Christians and he was eventually banned from entering the street by the street chairman. You know the ironic part. The street chairman is also a pastor.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by United4lyf(m): 9:39am On Apr 04, 2016
hollandis:

Sorry I am not going to die

I will love to see my Children's Children's Children

Yeah you are ready to die at any time .Go and jump inside lagoon
After seeing your Children's Children's Children you'll still die someday my friend.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2016
Anagha123:
IF this law is to pass all around the federation, then there will be a problem.
Man of God like Adeboye,Oyedepo,Kumuyi,T.B joshua, Oyakilome etc did not attend serminary before starting their ministry, if this law is to be pass, how will future men of God like these ones start thier ministry.
Let Think!!!!!!!
And I beleive this is the reason why christian are fighting this bill.

My brother, the certification for Christian pastors and religious leaders would be in the hands of the recognized umbrella bodies for Christians in Nigeria. Nobody is asking them to go back to seminary. Even within the Redeemed Church, pastors undergo training periods and are vetted before they are put in charge of any congregation. People don't show up one morning claiming they have inspiration and start holding services. As a result, you can see how organized the Redeemed Church is, that at least someone knows you were put in charge of people, knows you underwent training and instruction, knows your Creed won't cause problems and methods won't be problematic with society. That is the civilized way to do things. Why can't that be applied across the board?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 10:17am On Apr 04, 2016
bezimo:
P

If you want to address what I raised without any modicum of civility, I would show you that I can be that way If I choose because no one has a monopoly on the use of abusive statements.

You are a super stupid idiot who cant agree that you and your islamic religious misguided fools are a major part of the reason we have wantom destruction of lives and property not just in Nigeria but in other parts of the world, we saw what happened in brussels, Paris recently.You and your idiotic midget called elrufai who has lost touch of priority and pressing matters that affect the socio-economic status of Kaduna state but instead choose to dabble into unnecessary religious controversy in a supposed volatile state which has enjoyed relatively stability in the past few years to stir up religious tension. You so so daft to appreciate the sensitivity of the matter.

You are a moronic idiot who cant understand that the motives of my submissions has been to expose the midget called elrufai for his islamic bigotry and hatred for the Christian faith by bringing a law that is against the constitution mandating freedom of worship.

He has been warned to leave the christian faith alone, his life is on the line should he choose to go ahead.

He can call the bluff and go ahead, we would see.

Ah I see now, I am a silly idiot for coming out and stating fact and defeating your grossly warped argument.

Jezz you didn't take long to debase to your standard modus operandi , when defeated just throw mud and scorn at the opposition that would do.

I've actually not insulted you thou I might have stated that I have little confidence nin your mental state of mind, if your feel insulted so be it, grow a skin !

So have left the field of play and ventured into the realm of Islamic extremism, but like many fools before you islam which is practiced by several billion people worldwide likewise Christianity, and both faiths have been abused by individuals or groups with dastardly intentions from their inception from Templar nights, the Ottoman empire, KKK, colonialists, slave traders , PLA , ISIS, mujahedeen, Rev King , Jim Jones , Apartheid era SA , shall I continue ?

You have then proceeded to reiterate the already defeated CAN rhetoric that the bill is designed to subjugate christianity while it has been proven beyond doubt the bill would not do such, humans who feel compelled to abuse any powers of state in administration shall be subject to the Nigerian Constitution which guarantees freedom of religious association , however such rights end when it encroaches on the freedoms of another individual to peaceful existence.

Thereby a law is in order to limit the excess of individuals so compelled who are not verified as adequately trained, competent in the leadership of people in the area of spirituality where such have been that violence has been preached or human rights have been violated.

I have been a member of Amnesty international and a chapter VP from my secondary school days and I can tell you in Ireland where I reside, you can not protest, campaign, preach in public or busk(Street performance) without police and council (LGA ward), and I know of more than one Pastor and Imam, politician barred from ever entering UK or Ireland for the purpose of religious or gibibg a speech.

So you see the notion of free speech or rights to organisation is no without limits or consequence
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by MarieSucre(f): 10:19am On Apr 04, 2016
omonnakoda:
Do you read the bible? I doubt it very much. It is people like you that make the most,usually empty,noise about Christianity and yet have no idea about what is in the bible. Even if you do not read the bible why not make an effort to check before quoting me. Were you hoping I will do the work for you? get out of my face!!

I will ignore that uncouth remark at the end of your post.

Stop spreading false rumours. The veil was not mandated for women anywhere in the bible. And yes. I have read the bible.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by United4lyf(m): 10:41am On Apr 04, 2016
delishpot:

They are,worried because, although the bill does not single out any particular,religion, that may give room to the govt of the state tightening the noose around other religions using the law as excuse. I.e, if a Muslim wants to preach in the street or have some public programmes they,will be given permission to go ahead while a Christian will be delayed and even denied permission to,do same. Its like a step mom,that says anybody,that wants to,eat food should let her know before opening the fridge. While this law seems harmless and normal, it may be used as a tool to starve the stepchild whose request to go eat or drink from the fridge would be monitored and frequently denied while the children of the step parents always get the go ahead to eat and drink any time they ask for it.
You obviously didn't get the point sir,the permission will be given by christian and islamic bodies I.e CAN and JNI,not directly state government.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Leopantro: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

My brother, it is noise. Public spaces are meant for everyone regardless of religious or tribal affiliation and everyone is free to use them the way they want, so long as they don't disturb others. What if someone who doesn't want to listen to your message owns a shop I'm the same motor park? Should he/she relocate because of you? If you approach people individually and talk to them, you give them that choice of agreeing or refusing to give you audience. By using a loudspeaker or megaphone, you are taking that choice away from them by force which is ultimately a breach on their rights as equal citizens of this country.

There’s used to be this man that would walk up and down my street every morning by 6:30 am, preaching with a megaphone, and waking people who want to get that last bit of sleep in before they have to drag themselves up and go to work or school before they want to. The funny part is that majority of the residents of my street are Christians and he was eventually banned from entering the street by the street chairman. You know the ironic part. The street chairman is also a pastor.

Reminds me of one of my neighbours who is a consultant. The guy was awake all night in the theatre, saving people's lives and came back by 5am to catch two hours of sleep before going back to work. A man came to the street by 5.30am and started preaching with a loud gramophone. The consultant got so angry, he came out of his house, went to the preacher, grabbed the gramophone and smashed it on the floor. He then went back to his bed and slept peacefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by delishpot: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
United4lyf:
You obviously didn't get the point sir,the permission will be given by christian and islamic bodies I.e CAN and JNI,not directly state government.

Ohhh, OK. I was just saying they prolly we're thinking it will affect them that way.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by tonybosses: 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Ok cool, what about public transport that and shops plays loud music?

What about road side parties?

What about Mosques that do that daily call for prayers?

What about your own generator that makes a lot of noise?

If it were a thing of noise don't you think it would have been stated in the proposed bill and my about options should also be added?

Bear in mind that, the constitution gives room to public preaching without hindrance.

They say no man is bigger than the constitution (law)

We've heard too much rumour of plans to islamize Nigeria, look at what happened in turkey.... and that's what has put everybody on the edge, we've learnt from history that Nigerians fail to learn from history.

Kaduna is very unstable, being divided by religious crisis it has a north and a south, the is mainly dominated by the muslims, if church could be burnt in the south going to the northern part to preach openly is like suicide I don't think that public preaching is a problem in the northern part of Kaduna....

Sir and about your street preaching,if you are a christian, you agree with me that, evangelism is a commandment from God (as stated in the bible) you never can't tell soul that has been saved from the preaching.

Somebody gave a testimony in my church, how he was ill and couldn't go about preaching, some persons in the street started asking questions... that tells you, some people actually do listen to to those preaching.

God has different ways of reaching out to us.

Thanks
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
tonybosses:

Ok cool, what about public transport that and shops plays loud music?

What about road side parties?

What about Mosques that do that daily call for prayers?

What about your own generator that makes a lot of noise?

If it were a thing of noise don't you think it would have been stated in the proposed bill and my about options should also be added?

I'm not a fan of roadside parties and shops that play loud music. In my opinion, both should be banned outright. However, neither is the subject of discussion or the bill, and if you feel strongly enough about it, feel free to take it up with your local representative.

Bear in mind that, the constitution gives room to public preaching without hindrance.

It doesn't, however, give room for you to constitute a nuisance to other citizens. They also have rights. It's well within their rights not to be disturbed by your preaching regardless of their religious affiliation and this bill partly seeks to address that.

They say no man is bigger than the constitution (law)

We've heard too much rumour of plans to islamize Nigeria, look at what happened in turkey.... and that's what has put everybody on the edge, we've learnt from history that Nigerians fail to learn from history.

Kaduna is very unstable, being divided by religious crisis it has a north and a south, the is mainly dominated by the muslims, if church could be burnt in the south going to the northern part to preach openly is like suicide I don't think that public preaching is a problem in the northern part of Kaduna....

We've been hearing of plans to islamize Nigeria since time immemorial. In all this time, at least 70% of our presidents and vice-presidents have been Muslims. How come it is still yet to occur. When will you guys just accept it's a conspiracy theory promoted by people who aren't comfortable with the fact that someone in the seat of power is a Muslim?

Sir and about your street preaching,if you are a christian, you agree with me that, evangelism is a commandment from God (as stated in the bible) you never can't tell soul that has been saved from the preaching.

Somebody gave a testimony in my church, how he was ill and couldn't go about preaching, some persons in the street started asking questions... that tells you, some people actually do listen to to those preaching.

God has different ways of reaching out to us.

Thanks

Do point out where it was in the Bible that Jesus went about with a megaphone disturbing the public peace? What stops you from meeting people individually and talking to them. You think one saved soul is worth God knows how many other pissed off souls? Individual evangelism respects your right to evangelise and your listeners right to agree or refuse to listen to you. You shouldn't take that right away from them by force.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by tonybosses: 12:25am On Apr 05, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

I'm not a fan of roadside parties and shops that play loud music. In my opinion, both should be banned outright. However, neither is the subject of discussion or the bill, and if you feel strongly enough about it, feel free to take it up with your local representative.

It doesn't, however, give room for you to constitute a nuisance to other citizens. They also have rights. It's well within their rights not to be disturbed by your preaching regardless of their religious affiliation and this bill partly seeks to address that.

We've been hearing of plans to islamize Nigeria since time immemorial. In all this time, at least 70% of our presidents and vice-presidents have been Muslims. How come it is still yet to occur. When will you guys just accept it's a conspiracy theory promoted by people who aren't comfortable with the fact that someone in the seat of power is a Muslim?

Do point out where it was in the Bible that Jesus went about with a megaphone disturbing the public peace? What stops you from meeting people individually and talking to them. You think one saved soul is worth God knows how many other pissed off souls? Individual evangelism respects your right to evangelise and your listeners right to agree or refuse to listen to you. You shouldn't take that right away from them by force.

What about your power generating set?

What about cars on the road that mks terrible noise?

And mosque calling muslims for prayers?

Should that be ban too? Obviously NO!!!

I saw how you avoid answering those questions ....lol

But it's ok.

Anyway You obviously got my statement wrong at the first paragraph of my previous write up, this is what I mean, if the purpose of the bill was reduction of noise pollution.... shops and car blasting music would have been included.....but it isnt.

I still don't see how preaching public places causes nuisance or detrimental to health in our africa society.

For years public preaching has been legal in Nigeria, so what's happening now?
It's not directly or indirectly connected to the problem of this country( you can correct me if I am wrong)

my brother you should read about the "abuja declaration of 1989" then come back and tell me if you still think Islamisation of Nigeria is a conspiracy

Here is the link on wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuja_Declaration_(1989)

Yes and now about Jesus...... during the time there was no Megaphone, but it was recorded all over in the bible how he preached in public places, I don't think he preach in public place in a whisper.

Also the apostles did same, on pentecost day,
They prayed and preached in various tongues.......they were whispering either sir.

I am not against anybody practising his or her religion, I am from Edo north and most of my family member are muslims, as a matter of fact when I was in Nigeria I do travel back home for salah celebration out of love and nothing more.

Also try and read about how turkey was turned into an islamic nation..... then compare with the state of things (religiously)
In Nigeria.

Oga preaching in your street didn't piss you off, it was the fact you sleep was disturbed that got you pissed... same way you would haave being pissed if anything else woke you....lol

Thanks
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Psylas(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
blackpanda:

Amen. Let it be as u have prayed!
YOU'RE SILLY, LET'S SEE IF YOU WILL LIVE FOR EVER!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) / Ben-Bruce's Daughter At The Headies Award 2015 / House Of Representatives Member's Wife Beats Her Friend For Dating Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.