Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,684 members, 7,813,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die (62573 Views)

Dogara Dares El-Rufai To Publish Security Votes / Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by dav73(m): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
This is beautiful, how I wish EL Rufai is my Governor! U will not die! U are a leader chosen by God! Am so overwhelmed that I have tears in my eyes! God bless El Rufai! God bless Kd and God bless Benue state! Peace to u and ur family sir!
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Acidosis:

What is a mushroom Church?

And how do you differentiate the mushroom Church from the Qualified Church?

I'm not the most religious Christian and I have my personal beliefs that don't conform with what a lot of people preach. However, God is a God of order. And that's why even in the Bible, prophets learnt under prophets, the apostles were sent out by Jesus, even Apostle Paul underwent a learning process. But today, anybody can just wake up one morning, come up with a ridiculous name and open a church. And the funny thing is that most of these churches are at odds with each other on issues of ideology doctrine, each claiming to be "God's true Church". How many true churches does God have and how is it that they don't agree with each other on quite a number of things, from the basic to the peripheral? This is why I call them mushroom churches. They have no true roots.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

It's funny how you conveniently sidestepped my analogy on someone deciding to start a medical practice "because he feels he has the knowledge". I'm sure if you had a life threatening disease, you wouldn't go to one of those backyard hospitals for treatment. The essence of regulation is to ensure the people know what they're doing and don't abuse the position they'll find themselves in.
That analogy is not valid because it presupposes that ANY religion is based on a comparable footing of rationality to medicine or that somehow Christianity and Islam have some proven VALIDITY.It is not the role of the state to arbitrate such philosophical uncertainty or to pretend that the questions are now "settled" . In others words it amounts to saying there will be no more Jesuses or no more Mohammeds and so on. What about atheists? Will they be allowed to preach? How do we determine which atheist "knows what he is doing"?.

In taking this step the state that is supposed to be "secular" is taking a stand and is no longer "NEUTRAL" We have no evidence that Jesus or Mohammed "knew what they were doing" and if I want to CREATE a NEW religion I should be allowed to. If I want to modify already existing religions again I should be allowed to. If the stated objective is to curtail hate speech then there is legislation in many places that can be looked at e.g. the UK that does not seek to get the state in any way involved in the "SYLLABUS" of any region

What bout traditional religions who will regulate them. The truth is that the objective of this bill is to empower the the Sultan and Emirs and establish Wahabbi doctrine as the CORRECT ISLAM in Nigeria

It is sad that most analysis is just superficial and fails to understand the constitutional implications
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by bemyguest(f): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=americanigga post=44357304]Fellow Nigerians this is a serious issue. Everybody will die including apostle suleiman, so why is he (suleiman ) talking as if he will not die? I think he should apologize to El-Rufai immediately.

If u ask me it is because of preachers like Apostle Johnson Suleiman that we need this kind of bill(law). [/quote

Be careful with your words God case no appeal and touch not God's anointed.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by bezimo(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
Walelavender:

That doesn't mean there aren't some faults in the way some clerics practice Christianity. From the blast of public address system during worship to the 'heartfelt' prayers generating noise during vigils. We have to tell ourselves the truth. The practice of the two major Religions in Nigeria hasn't brought us the needed change,morally, in our society. The hues and cry isn't worth it. The Christians were identified in Antioch simply because of their Christ-like attitude, they couldn't help it but to call them 'Little Christ'. We are frustrating the grace of God upon our lives in this nation. The earlier we know, the better.

Given your stated facts, which is subjective because the moslems also disturb the peace of the neighbourhood with their daily early morning call to prayers through their mosque speakers. Yet the bill doesn't put a restriction on that yet, its restricting the practice of religion till 8pm, when christians most likely have evening services or start their vigil which is not every day.Christianity has impacted the lifes of its adherents positively with many instances community outreaches embarked by some churches, the changed lifes from bad to good by its faithful is there.
In Islam, terrorism and hate messages are taught "Kill the infidels at all cost" bombing, shooting, abduction of school girls, terrorising the populace or forcing them to convert or die.

If religion must be regulated.Its Islam that should be regulated because some of it adherents use it as a tool to cause mayhem and destruction.The evidence is there for every rational indiindividual to see.

Secondly, the bill also makes it a crime to play christian music or preaching in the comfort and privacy of my car, which in many cases isnt really disturbing anyone.

You have no point, you are just one of the misguided fellows out there, who cant discern the times and appreciate the sensitivity of the matter and encourage the need for caution and appropriate and relevant stakeholder engagement before pursuing and engaging in such needless religious controversy because the elrufai is a Islamic political rascal who thinks he is a small lord.

He has been warned, to leave christianity alone or face the consequences.

He is a Muslim and not qualified to regulate christianity practice. He is not God.He can do that of Islam.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Owiii(m): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
blackpanda:
An apostle that calls someone a fool on the pulpit? Sulaiman is the one that will die. I only blame the people being deceived by him
Please be mindful of your comment before you incure the wrath if the God of Apostle Johnson Suleman. Watch what will happen to el rufai...
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Owiii(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
blackpanda:
An apostle that calls someone a fool on the pulpit? Sulaiman is the one that will die. I only blame the people being deceived by him
Please be mindful of your comment before you incure the wrath if the God of Apostle Johnson Suleman. Watch what will happen to el rufai...Thank you
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
I'm talking about reality here. What you can see each religion practise with your naked eyes. Not what was in the unadulterated bible. Please...

omonnakoda:
What is the Christian rite of the dead? How was Jesus buried. What we have is a cultural contamination being dressed up as religion whether in Islam or Christianity.In order to know what is culture and what is religion you must study the books deeply .
I repeat Islam is very similar to Judaism from which Christianity derives. We must not forget the bible teaches in the New Testament that women should cover their heads but now that is seen as an Islamic thing. by the same token we have such things as Chhristmas being passed off as "Christian"

They both teach people to be ready to die at any time and to always be prepared but we have added ou own culture to many things .I have never seen where in the bible it talks of spirit husbands and many of the things Nigerian churches teach
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Snipes009:
I'm talking about reality here. What you can see each religion practise with your naked eyes. Not what was in the unadulterated bible. Please...

The reality is there is no one Islam or or Christianity there are dozens and what you see is multiple. I have not seen any of Buhari or Atiku's daughters get married at 13 . So let us not pretend that all Muslims or all Christians live their lives the same way that is just fantasy.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
Stop shifting the goalpost..

omonnakoda:
The reality is there is no one Islam or or Christianity there are dozens and what you see is multiple. I have not seen any of Buhari or Atiku's daughters get married at 13 . So let us not pretend that all Muslims or all Christians live their lives the same way that is just fantasy.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
Snipes009:
Stop shifting the goalpost..

Meaning?
You are communicating with yourself not with me
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Walelavender(m): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
bezimo:

Given your stated facts, which is subjective because the moslems also disturb the peace of the neighbourhood with their daily early morning call to prayers through their mosque speakers. Yet the bill doesn't put a restriction on that yet, its restricting the practice of religion till 8pm, when christians most likely have evening services or start their vigil which is not every day.Christianity has impacted the lifes of its adherents positively with many instances community outreaches embarked by some churches, the changed lifes from bad to good by its faithful is there.
In Islam, terrorism and hate messages are taught "Kill the infidels at all cost" bombing, shooting, abduction of school girls, terrorising the populace or forcing them to convert or die.

If religion must be regulated.Its Islam that should be regulated because some of it adherents use it as a tool to cause mayhem and destruction.The evidence is there for every rational indiindividual to see.

Secondly, the bill also makes it a crime to play christian music or preaching in the comfort and privacy of my car, which in many cases isnt really disturbing anyone.

You have no point, you are just one of the misguided fellows out there, who cant discern the times and appreciate the sensitivity of the matter and encourage the need for caution and appropriate and relevant stakeholder engagement before pursuing and engaging in such needless religious controversy because the elrufai is a Islamic political rascal who thinks he is a small lord.

He is a Muslim and not qualified to regulate christianity practice. He is not God.He can do that of Islam.
For you to say I am misguided is laughable. That was simply my opinion and there is no way you gonna influence that. You just have to get that clearly. I welcome any bill that regulates religious rascality, irrespective of the religion. This bill isn't going to pass through without the support of the followers of the two ardent religions.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by blackpanda: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
Owiii:

Please be mindful of your comment before you incure the wrath if the God of Apostle Johnson Suleman. Watch what will happen to el rufai...

Lol. Grow brain already. All this religious slavery is disgusting and silly!
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Go and read between the lines all my responses to you. While at it, give me a break. Wanna go down some barbecue and cold milkshake. Ttyl

omonnakoda:
Meaning?
You are communicating with yourself not with me
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Snipes009:
Go and read between the lines all my responses to you. While at it, give me a break. Wanna go down some barbecue and cold milkshake. Ttyl

I have no doubt that you believe you are making sense
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
I care less whatever it is you think about it brother.

Meanwhile, this meat ain't grilled well. But the milkshake is chilled! Want some?

Hahaha...

omonnakoda:
I have no doubt that you believe you are making sense
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
omonnakoda:
That analogy is not valid because it presupposes that ANY religion is based on a comparable footing of rationality to medicine or that somehow Christianity and Islam have some proven VALIDITY.It is not the role of the state to arbitrate such philosophical uncertainty or to pretend that the questions are now "settled" . In others words it amounts to saying there will be no more Jesuses or no more Mohammeds and so on. What about atheists? Will they be allowed to preach? How do we determine which atheist "knows what he is doing"?.

In taking this step the state that is supposed to be "secular" is taking a stand and is no longer "NEUTRAL" We have no evidence that Jesus or Mohammed "knew what they were doing" and if I want to CREATE a NEW religion I should be allowed to. If I want to modify already existing religions again I should be allowed to. If the stated objective is to curtail hate speech then there is legislation in many places that can be looked at e.g. the UK that does not seek to get the state in any way involved in the "SYLLABUS" of any region

What bout traditional religions who will regulate them. The truth is that the objective of this bill is to empower the the Sultan and Emirs and establish Wahabbi doctrine as the CORRECT ISLAM in Nigeria

It is sad that most analysis is just superficial and fails to understand the constitutional implications

The analogy is actually very apt. While the state cannot determine what is the correct or approved format for any religion, that is not the aim of the bill. The aim of the bill is to, one hand, curtail hate speech and dissemination of messages that are counteractive to civilized society, while on another hand prevent people from trampling on other people's rights in the process of practicing their religion. In keeping with the medical analogy, what do you think pharmaceutical and medical regulatory bodies are for, just deciding who gets to and doesn't get to practice medicine? In addition to that, if, say, someone comes up with a new drug, they take a look at it and determine if it is beneficial even in moremore ways than advertised by the inventor/discoverer while also ensuring that it doesn't in any way cause any side effects in the process. It's like someone coming up with a drug that cures AIDS but also causes cancer. That can't be approved, inspite of the fact that there is at least one benefit. If someone comes up and says he's the new Jesus or Mohammed , all well and good, but will his message cause trouble to larger society? That's the need for a body to regulate, but nothing is good enough for Nigerians. If the Government, which should be secular and would only concern itself with if a message or ideology constitutes a breach of public peace or a threat to security, decides to regulate, you guys would ask "should Government be involved in religion?". As Government has instead put the regulation in the hands of the recognized umbrella bodies for the religions, you guys are still complaining that if the member sects and denominations that are part of the bodies aren't comfortable with any new sect or denomination, they would deny them licenses. Pick one already.

As for the traditionalists and other religions, well, for one, they probably count as the least defaulters of this potential law. Which is why the governor didn't mention them directly. And even they aren't complaining either. Should they ultimately be affected, then appropriate provisions would be made for them. After all the bill did not specify any religions so if it's for other religions to setup their own state recognized umbrella bodies, it's their own prerogative.

Abeg, we should stop suspending all sense of reasoning at the mention of religion in this country. It's one of the reasons we are where we are today.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
bezimo:

And some Christian adherents have used it hoodwink, scam, mislead people and promote discord and the evidence is there for any rational person to see, so what's your point?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

The analogy is actually very apt. While the state cannot determine what is the correct or approved format for any religion, that is not the aim of the bill. The aim of the bill is to, one hand, curtail hate speech and dissemination of messages that are counteractive to civilized society, while on another hand prevent people from trampling on other people's rights in the process of practicing their religion. In keeping with the medical analogy, what do you think pharmaceutical and medical regulatory bodies are for, just deciding who gets to and doesn't get to practice medicine? In addition to that, if, say, someone comes up with a new drug, they take a look at it and determine if it is beneficial even in moremore ways than advertised by the inventor/discoverer while also ensuring that it doesn't in any way cause any side effects in the process. It's like someone coming up with a drug that cures AIDS but also causes cancer. That can't be approved, inspite of the fact that there is at least one benefit. If someone comes up and says he's the new Jesus or Mohammed , all well and good, but will his message cause trouble to larger society? That's the need for a body to regulate, but nothing is good enough for Nigerians. If the Government, which should be secular and would only concern itself with if a message or ideology constitutes a breach of public peace or a threat to security, decides to regulate, you guys would ask "should Government be involved in religion?". As Government has instead put the regulation in the hands of the recognized umbrella bodies for the religions, you guys are still complaining that if the member sects and denominations that are part of the bodies aren't comfortable with any new sect or denomination, they would deny them licenses. Pick one already.

As for the traditionalists and other religions, well, for one, they probably count as the least defaulters of this potential law. Which is why the governor didn't mention them directly. And even they aren't complaining either. Should they ultimately be affected, then appropriate provisions would be made for them. After all the bill did not specify any religions so if it's for other religions to setup their own state recognized umbrella bodies, it's their own prerogative.

Abeg, we should stop suspending all sense of reasoning at the mention of religion in this country. It's one of the reasons we are where we are today.
ALL DOCTORS HAVE SIMILAR TRAINING AND ORIENTATION so there is a basis for regulation. There is no such thing in religion. It may be DESIRABLE for SOME. But that is such a fundamental issue in a country like Nigeria it cannot be done on a state by state basis. We have a constitution and I do not see any such legislation withstanding constitutionality tests in the court. The medical analogy is absurd. One is to do with science while the other is to do with fantasy . It is like trying to regulate how to cook Egusi soup. The only regulation should be about hygiene not the recipe
Some may argue that an ENTIRE RELIGION that they disagree with preaches hate speech in everything. eg Christians and Muslims talk about Unbelievers and Idol worshippers will they be banned from doing so?

There are recent legislations for such purpose in the UK they do not attempt to "license" any one.
You have failed to show how medical regulation can be equated with religious regulation. You have failed to address the most important question of atheism. Who will regulate atheists and do atheists have a right to "Preach"
There is ho history of hate speech associated with Christianity in Nigeria as there is with Islam so why single out Chritianit out of the several non Islamic religions for "regulation"
It is not clear what qualifications regulators would have
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by bezimo(m): 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

And some Christian adherents have used it hoodwink, scam, mislead people and promote discord and the evidence is there for any rational person to see, so what's your point?

Hoodwink who? mislead who? in what way and promote discord how, give examples and not make empty, vague and deliberately misleading statements you cant substantiate.

I havent been scammed, hoodwinked or mislead about the truth which is obvious from the Bible guiding the christian faith. I believe in Unity. So what are you trying to say?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
omonnakoda:
ALL DOCTORS HAVE SIMILAR TRAINING AND ORIENTATION so there is a basis for regulation. There is no such thing in religion. It may be DESIRABLE for SOME. But that is such a fundamental issue in a country like Nigeria it cannot be done on a state by state basis. We have a constitution and I do not see any such legislation withstanding constitutionality tests in the court. The medical analogy is absurd. One is to do with science while the other is to do with fantasy . It is like trying to regulate how to cook Egusi soup. The only regulation should be about hygiene not the recipe
Some may argue that an ENTIRE RELIGION that they disagree with preaches hate speech in everything. eg Christians and Muslims talk about Unbelievers and Idol worshippers will they be banned from doing so?

There are recent legislations for such purpose in the UK they do not attempt to "license" any one.
You have failed to show how medical regulation can be equated with religious regulation. You have failed to address the most important question of atheism. Who will regulate atheists and do atheists have a right to "Preach"
There is ho history of hate speech associated with Christianity in Nigeria as there is with Islam so why single out Chritianit out of the several non Islamic religions for "regulation"
It is not clear what qualifications regulators would have

Isn't all Christianity based on Jesus Christmas and his teachings? As with Islam and the teachings of prophet Muhammad? Anything outside these cannot, quite frankly, be termed Christian or Islamic. Same as any soup that doesn't contain melon seed be considered egusi. So there's a common root on which all potential offshoots of either religion can be judged.

As regards atheists and other religious adherents, how many of them do you know go on the streets with loudspeakers and drums in this country to push their messages? When they decide to start, then they'll also be required to setup their own regulatory or umbrella bodies.

As for the UK, come on man. You know you can't compare both societies. You know what's coming to you if you start making noise in the UK and constituting a breach of public peace,regardless of what your message is. They already have pre-existing and well enforced laws on public disturbance and misconduct.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
bezimo:

Hoodwink who? mislead who? in what way and promote discord how, give examples and not make empty, vague and deliberately misleading statements you cant substantiate.

I havent been scammed, hoodwinked or mislead about the truth which is obvious from the Bible guiding the christian faith. I believe in Unity. So what are you trying to say?

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/18/redeemed-pastor-sent-to-prison-over-n100m-lekki-land-fraud/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/194024-efcc-arrests-pastor-for-n200m-fraud.html

http://omojuwa.com/2015/06/see-scam-of-fake-miracle-by-a-popular-nigerian-pastor-caught-on-camera-video/

https://www.naij.com/609202-meet-nigerian-pastor-possessed-devil-defrauded-parishioners-100-million.html

Need more?
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by highpappy: 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
Acidosis:

So what is the business of a Governor over my mode of worship? We already have CAN and PFN, and whoever wants to lead a church is expected to belong to either of these bodies.

My God!!!! Read the f**kn interview and stop responding to what you have no knowledge about. Godammit!!

CAN will provide certifications for the qualified preacher or pastor. The same goes for the muslims
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
highpappy:

My God!!!! Read the f**kn interview and stop responding to what you have no knowledge about. Godammit!!

CAN will provide certifications for the qualified preacher or pastor. The same goes for the muslims

Lol, calm down. I understand how you feel but let's not start getting all heated and all. It's Nairaland, so it's not worth it.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
eazysally:

I see sense in ur post thank u very much if every one of my respondents can be this rational there wouldn't drag this for long.

I wouldn't lie ,you caught me at a good time, I've long been infected with the social media bug of blind careless post when under the spell

1 Like

Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by bezimo(m): 8:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/18/redeemed-pastor-sent-to-prison-over-n100m-lekki-land-fraud/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/194024-efcc-arrests-pastor-for-n200m-fraud.html

http://omojuwa.com/2015/06/see-scam-of-fake-miracle-by-a-popular-nigerian-pastor-caught-on-camera-video/

https://www.naij.com/609202-meet-nigerian-pastor-possessed-devil-defrauded-parishioners-100-million.html

Need more?

Whatever alleged atrocities these so called pastors commited do not represent the behaviour of majority of Pastors in the christian faith, besides these are mere allegations which has not been proven to be true. If the Pastors truly committed a crime, has a competent court deemed them guilty, I doubt that. Besides I didnt see how I could have been scammed by what you posted.

Besides a Pastor, just like other folks, are not immune from commiting a crime, because they are humans, that's why we have criminal laws to address such issue in a competent court of law.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by omonnakoda: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Isn't all Christianity based on Jesus Christmas and his teachings? As with Islam and the teachings of prophet Muhammad? Anything outside these cannot, quite frankly, be termed Christian or Islamic. Same as any soup that doesn't contain melon seed be considered egusi. So there's a common root on which all potential offshoots of either religion can be judged.

As regards atheists and other religious adherents, how many of them do you know go on the streets with loudspeakers and drums in this country to push their messages? When they decide to start, then they'll also be required to setup their own regulatory or umbrella bodies.

As for the UK, come on man. You know you can't compare both societies. You know what's coming to you if you start making noise in the UK and constituting a breach of public peace,regardless of what your message is. They already have pre-existing and well enforced laws on public disturbance and misconduct.
I am not in the business of opinions. I don't know what Christianity or all of it is about. What I do know is what the Nigerian constitutions says.No religion shall be adopted. That means that ALL religions and atheism should be treated EQUALLY
The constitution does not permit government to get involved in the syllabus of any religion
Government cannot derecognize any religions. This bill appears to empower government to do so. It assumes that there will be no new religions
government has no mandate to pronounce on what Chritianity is or is not and the constitution allow anyone to modify existing religions or start new ones
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
Acidosis:

Who is certifying who? Adeboye? Chris? T.B Joshua?

What if I don't believe in the above? Don't I have the right to lead my family and every other person who believes in my preachings?

How do we know the "certifier" himself is not a candidate of hell fire?
What if I don't believe in hell?

How would Hell Rufai know what is right or wrong about Christianity? Is he Jesus Christ?

If the Mandate to certify people is given to Hell Rufai, how would Hell Rufai know the true believers from the fake?

Would Hell Rufai, not mistake crowd for correctness.

Personally, I can't vouch for anyone about his candidacy in Heaven, not even Pastor Adeboye, or Bishop Oyedepo.

God does not work with crowd, he needs only 2 people who are right before him to do wonders.

Christianity is Spiritual, it is not a property of Redeem, Catholic, Eckanker, or Living Faith!

Everyone is leveraging on what they deem as right or wrong!

What if I don't believe in female trousers or earrings? Okay, you can suggest deeper life, what if I don't like Kumuyi, and I just want to study the Bible according to my understanding and I still wish to spread the gospel?

That bill is just dead on arrival. You cannot certify anyone on how, where and when to preach or pray.

We already have two large bodies (CAN and PFN) and any willing pastor should get his church registered in accordance with the bye laws of these bodies.

Yh obviously did not read the OP from El Rufai because if you did you wouldn't claim how would the government vet who is right or wrong.

The answer is simple the government wouldn't , it has setup two parallel bodies obviously comprised of registered CAN members and qualified priests and Imams recognised by the paramount bodies in the nation who have a duty to issue and withdraw a licence to any preacher as is required, based on principles as defined by faith.

Nigeria is a secular state however the FG only recognises two religions in official capacity and that is Christianity and Islam. We don't need to complicate things, the law is a good thing and should be supported.

It puts an end to the nuisance in Nigeria.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
delishpot:

They are,worried because, although the bill does not single out any particular,religion, that may give room to the govt of the state tightening the noose around other religions using the law as excuse. I.e, if a Muslim wants to preach in the street or have some public programmes they,will be given permission to go ahead while a Christian will be delayed and even denied permission to,do same. Its like a step mom,that says anybody,that wants to,eat food should let her know before opening the fridge. While this law seems harmless and normal, it may be used as a tool to starve the stepchild whose request to go eat or drink from the fridge would be monitored and frequently denied while the children of the step parents always get the go ahead to eat and drink any time they ask for it.

We have courts who have a duty to ensure the abuse of power is out in check.

This is not a good enough reason to leave a problem unattended for fear of abuse
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
janellemonae:
I understand elrufais challenges but I think the problem with this bill is d use of religious organizations to regulate sermons. Its like legislating religion. Govt should not be pokenosing into standards of religious practise. I know churches DT don't believe in CAN and are therefore not members.My opinion is DT this problem should be regulated secularly.

-Hate preachers dt use words like infidels, call pple to arms or constitute nuisances should be jailed or sentenced to death. Period.
-Religious organizations should not put loudspeakers outside constituting nuisance.

These can be statewide laws to curb the problem. But u can't start dictating who heard from god and who didn't hear from god and issue licenses. DTS personal and infringes on my personal rights to belief.

Seems you have not read the bill because that exactly is what it states, it is a secular solution to a societal problem.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by bezimo(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
sweetgala:

Yh obviously did not read the OP from El Rufai because if you did you wouldn't claim how would the government vet who is right or wrong.

The answer is simple the government wouldn't , it has setup two parallel bodies obviously comprised of registered CAN members and qualified priests and Imams recognised by the paramount bodies in the nation who have a duty to issue and withdraw a licence to any preacher as is required, based on principles as defined by faith.

Nigeria is a secular state however the FG only recognises two religions in official capacity and that is Christianity and Islam. We don't need to complicate things, the law is a good thing and should be supported.

It puts an end to the nuisance in Nigeria.

While it is true that the bill proposes a setting up of two parallel bodies for the regulation of christianity and islam, a fact deliberately omitted is that in the bill its stated that the governor shall recommend someone to preside and perharps perform an oversight functions over the two parallel bodies perharps to finalise approval.

Who would El rufai appiont to oversee the 2 parallel bodies? he been an islamic religions bigot would certainly appoint a muslim and Not a christian, the implication is that, the person appointed would make it hard for the church and easy for the mosque to do their thing.

The bill fails in equality and rationality in many respect.
Re: El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die by sweetgala(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
bezimo:

While it is true that the bill proposes a setting up of two parallel bodies for the regulation of christianity and islam, a fact deliberately omitted is that in the bill its stated that the governor shall recommend someone to preside and perharps perform an oversight functions over the two parallel bodies perharps to finalise approval.

Who would El rufai appiont to oversee the 2 parallel bodies? he been an islamic religions bigot would certainly appoint a muslim and Not a christian, the implication is that, the person appointed would make it had for the church and easy for the mosque to do their thing.

The bill fails in equality and rationality in many respect.

You lost me in the second paragraph, like el rufai clearly stated any time someone brings religion into the equation as a means of attacking another individual it is a clear sign they have no principle of their own and losing the argument.

In the absence of any proof why did you label El Rufai a bigot. It is a wicked, dishonest and ridiculous thing to say. I don't even have to think hard to know the kind of person you are.

Goodnight

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Obasanjo To Buhari: Send Jonathan To Prison Using 2 Cases - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) / Ben-Bruce's Daughter At The Headies Award 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.