Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria (50879 Views)

Isaac Fayose Writes Letter To His Brother, Governor Ayodele Fayose / Gbajabiamila Writes Chinese Leader•’fayose’s Letter Amounts To Sabotage’ / China Loan: Fayose Hits Back At Oyegun, Sagay, Oni, APC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by benedictnsi(m): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
Daniel058:
Odimma .. Lol abum onye izi..

Lol okay bros..... Tokwehu
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by tobiuseful(m): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
I believe criticism should be constructive in any democracy! Fayose can not proffer solution to our current situation, yet he's jumping about criticizing this government!

He should mind his business which is ekiti state and stop embarrassing d state!

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by hmuhammad(m): 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
criminalmindz:

Just wait when pdp bring ribadu in 2019, let's see if pdp won't win...
Ribadu who couldn't defeat Bindow in adamawa Gubernatorial election? Ribadu will never get 5% of total northern votes.

PDP is completely dead in the north

2 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Makarous(m): 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
Beeman1:
chinese government don't even know the Id*iot. I swear this man is mad.
no mind d guy. Na COMEDIAN! Big 1. As I read d post I just de laff.... cheesy. Dos lawmakers wey follow go deliver message sef no get shame. If I was in dia shoes, I no o go o. Na mumu waka grin

1 Like

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by lordmans(m): 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
Whenever I read abt d stupid acts of fayose who ought to be governing his state bt has chosen public display of madness over governance I pity d lot of d gd ppl of ekiti state.

Most of d ppl who praising hm are non yorubas from a section of nigeria. I believed dey resorted to this to mock d yorubas race, an enlightened people for producing such a character to an important office. We are known for being courteous n respective n strict observance of social decorums. In yorubaland ur thoughts ought to be articulated in public with a an elevated oratory eloquence laced with befiting proverbs n carefully selected words. A yoruba person is a good public speaker n likes to court positive public attention. We were taught to cherish n protect our family name.

What is unknown to many is that there is problem in ekiti beyond fayose's control. He is just trying to hide his inability to solve dem with d magic wand he promised d ekiti electorates by creating distraction n diversion from his failures to lure d public to things that are of no consequence to him nor relevance to d realities of d ekiti ppl. Hw a highly educated ppl got trapped into ds vagaries still remain a mystery to all well meaning nigerian.

He has not offer any opposition to d ruling govt bt has just succeeded in making a caricuture of himself n d office he represents. A responsible governor would have presented his case before the national assembly in a well articulated manner than d useless dramatization n show of shame he is pulling off. Powers n functions are clearly defined in a federal structure n opposition should be robust n constructive nt a mockery of democracy.

This madness should stop!

4 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by okanla: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Lol... Fayose our mentor!!

He will be our Vice president 2019!!

God bless Fayose

God bless Sheriff

God bless PDP
Mentor for rugs when is brother jona went to borrow money that landed in there pocket he did not block that.

1 Like

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by viktor01(m): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why borrow money sef, what happened to the billions recovered grom looters.?
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by sulakishop(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT SHOULD JUST LEGALIZE ABORTION SO THAT MORE PEOPLE LIKE THIS FAYOSE WONT BE IN OUR SOCIETY

1 Like

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Demallcrazy(m): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
hmuhammad:
you are truly a bush boy, you think yorubas will choose fayose over Osinbajo? You also think North will choose sheriff over PMB?
No northern candidate can stand PMB in north and Nigeria, PMB shall govern Nigeria till 2023. If you are not comfortable with it, just relocate to Djibouti
Kai!
lai la illah lahu! shocked
ogbeni, u're mouthed, walahi
i need to come learn yabis 4rm ya hand grin

Djibouti? grin

2 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Terror666(m): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
How I wish Fayose can rule us in Igboland. Fayose is greater than all the Governors in Igboland. Fayose is greater than Governor Willie Obiano

U again
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by TheSociopath(m): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Some people are not reasoning in the wider scope, they are just hating Fáyòsé. Our loan is getting too much. If we are using 25% of our annual budget to service our loan, what will happen in some 4 yrs time? By then, we'll be using 50% of our annual budget to repay loans. That time, the FG will start to retrench Federal Workers and no creditable projects will be commissioned. My headache now is that can't this Sino-Nigerian agreement be signed without the loan. They should just pump a sizeable quantity of the Yuan to our banks and we do the same too (I know we mainly import from China, so the Naira might be useless over there). But still, I need a reasonable fellow to please explain
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by benji93: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Why the governor might be making a lot of sense(if he actually asserted this), i doubt the sincerity of his submission. He belongs to a party that apparently defrauded Nigeria for over 16 years in the name of democracy. It took one man in a distant land a little more than that to lift his country into the realm of greatness. He will be forever remebered for that. Nigeria virtually borrowed money all through the PDP era, except during a period when former president obasanjo got lucky enough to recover some of abacha's loot, and paid some of our debts, even with that, the rest of the recovered loot probably never existed. I suppose Mr Fayose would not be taken seriously, how wonderful it is to belong to the opposition. In our present state, thanks to our ever selfless past leaders, there is virtually nothing else we can do than borrow, there comes the question why are we borrowing?, if our reason for borrowing such amount of money was to pay our ever industrious and empathetic lawmakers, then it is not worth borrowing, but if it would be used to fund futuristically plausible projects, that will at least save us from our seemingly inherent affinity for mediocrity, it is a step in the right direction. Though my submission is harsh, until our lawmakers begin starving for the progression of our nation that is only defined by name, we will linger in our pitiable state till men begin to conceive children, 50 years from now we will gladly celebrate what we should have done 200 years in the past. I am praying fervently looking forward to a period of revolution where only 10% of the budget will go into paying the personnel working in the arms of government, i mean na only food them for they give them,i took a look at the controversial budget and i shook my head in admiration of our lofty level of intelligence, i sometimes feel that na comot we comot out of God. This is really tough, theist, atheist or believer, we all are sentient beings, so whatever you do to youself does not really matter, as far has it is not at the expense of others. When we reach an era during which our leaders earmark less than 15% of the budget for salaries, then will i be upbeat about a future for this nation. I cannot vouch for a country that pays people just to sit and discuss issues and pass into laws things that will not in the long run translate into averageness talkless of greatness, people that get paid monthly even though they only meet occasionally. I think we as Nigerians have to sit down and invent a new kind of system that suits us as a people, becos obviously democracy is just another puzzle we are yet to solve. I will say again Mr Buhari got more than he bargained for, he cannot blame others for that, cos he promised us he would deliver, but why would he not do this if we nigerians are people that go after things that we want not things that we need , myopia is just the least of the infirmities we are suffering from as a people, when i consider our population and our standard of living and i think of Nigeria as a country that needs to be placed on auction, if one force dey do us self, ati to ja ni. However if anyone of us here is that close to Mr Fayose, tell him that his well thought-out treatise is well taken but charity begins at home. May God help us. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Splinz(m): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
All these baseless and senseless attack on Fayose wouldn't lead us anywhere. I think what reasonable minds should do rather is to come up with superior facts as to why this loan should be given to us, not making silly comments!
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by greenguy: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
I thought I had seen how low Fayose could go, but he keeps surprising me by sinking deeper in stupi.dity!

2 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by derecho(m): 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Beeman1:
chinese government don't even know the Id*iot. I swear this man is mad.
So why are you worried?Why curse a harmless man?Fayose only showed us what activists should be doing instead of protesting on the streets.
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
MrPresident1:

Look here Mister, the Nigerian economy is not as strong as the American economy, Nigeria does not have the luxury of creating money from thin air like the Americans, fiat money just like that!

Cheap Chinese goods will soon flood our markets, have you reviewed the terms of the loans? or you think they are free? The few pretending almost comatose manufacturing companies we have will all die. We will lose jobs, unemployment will increase, our economy will be bled ruthless by the Chinese who don't have any business scruples.

We do not have the capacity to pay the debts we are amassing, we do not have strong economic fundamentals, our currency is weak, crude oil no longer sells as it used to.

Stop asking me questions that a kid in kindergarten will find disgusting!

You will be enslaved for your foolishness and lack of foresight!

I think you need to do a double take on the trash you wrote up there which you mixed insults into. So Buhari ran to China to borrow so bloody what? Your focus shouldnt be on what is being borrowed but on what it is being borrowed for. Every nation Borrows so get over it.

If we are borrowing for capital projects your question should be "what would be the yield from these capital projects in the next 10yrs" . When a nation borrows from anothet nation it falls under the old school trade by barter as we must not repay in money but can do so I services or produce and this is one of the major reasons the Nigerian exonomy is diversifying.

Stop shouting enslavement up and down like a broken record because even you the one shouting it is so so confused. Today China is sought after by many nations due to their own internal efforts which they also had to borrow from other nations before they could become great. Are they enslaved to any nation?

If we borrow $2b but in 10 yrs that $2b can yield us $200b then I say borrow and borrow even more if possible. Bad leadership has crippled our economy so we need external help and hopefully we will manage the resources better now so we can become lenders tomorrow and not borrowers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Highvotage: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Its like many people here on Nairaland did not know the principle behind governance and international relation.
How will somebody be saying MoU already signed will be cancel because one man sent a useless letter?
Why can't all of us just try and examining little that was given to the custody of Mr Ayo Fayose to see how well he has handle it or better still ask if Fayose had not borrow either locally or otherwise to run his government. If will continue this blind support for any of our leaders with findings about them, hmmmm. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Omeny: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
hmuhammad:
you are truly a bush boy, you think yorubas will choose fayose over Osinbajo? You also think North will choose sheriff over PMB?
No northern candidate can stand PMB in north and Nigeria, PMB shall govern Nigeria till 2023. If you are not comfortable with it, just relocate to Djibouti

Maybe u will be the one that will thumb print for Yorubas, Mumu! with the suffering in the land now, No light, No Water,Prices Are Sky Rocketing!
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by aresa: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
MrPresident1:
Honestly, I feel strongly against this loan junket by president Buhari. We are a mono product economy, crude oil our economic mainstay has lost a lot of value in the world market and as cheaper cleaner alternative sources of energy are discovered it will continue to lose rank in the pecking order of global highly sought commodities.

Taking a loan at this time to finance our budget does not make sense, where are we going to get money to pay back? What are the terms of the loans? Is anybody watching out for the interest of ordinary Nigerians? When poo hits the fan, no one will be spared, including those among us who have refused to be objective about this government.

Crude oil will continue to lose value, it will never be $100/barrel again.

Are we being enslaved to the Chinese?

1. Don't be shortsighted. Borrowing money is not a big deal, it's all about what you intend to do with the money.

2. We have the largest government budget ever designed to address many issues affecting our economic development from lack of diversification to job creation, the budgetary increase is needed to tackle these issues and get us on the right track.

3. Borrowing to address issues plaguing you means infrastructure upgrades from power generation and transmission to human development which = Productivity in crease and jobs which = Income for the government via taxes and strong exports.

4. 10% increase in power generation and transmission can generate enough money to pay back everything we owe through increased productivity and optimum performance by our lackluster performing industries, factories down to hair dressing salons and informal sectors.

5. Our budgetary benchmark is $38 , but Oil is selling way above $38, meaning we are already making extra money and which could even be saved and diverted to pay down our debt.

6. We have trillions in our TSA account which we didn't have before.

7. No more massive oil thefts and dodgy oil contracts and other shady ways of looting us dry.

Nigerians voted for this administration to manage their affairs for 4 years and ultimately fix our decades old problem and obviously they've examined the best possible way to tackle the problem so why not just give them room to address our issues and do what we asked them to do and if at the end of their 4 years you still are not satisfied with their performance, you have every right to go to the polls and vote them out.

To me, we are already weaning just due to the fact that we are no longer bleeding and looted everyday, we are getting back our looted funds and the criminals involved are answering for their crimes against Nigerians.

It took ore than 50 years to damage Nigeria as a county and to expect Nigeria to be rescued in less than a year is absolutely impossible unless you have some other issues affecting your judgment and sense of reasoning like politics, ignorance, tribalism or bigotry which obviously is the only basis for the noise and negativity out there today..

We love to engage and debate intelligently, but it gets very difficult when all many of you have to offer sounds shallow and unintelligent.

4 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Jimi23(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
kceewhyte:
your words is following u back home

Your words are bringing u to ur destruction. Shikena!
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
udeagbalaC:
fayeee osee is the voice of your wretched family
mynd44 and lalasticlala should do justice to this mention cry
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Queennikky(f): 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
LecciGucci:

lol.... nne hapugodi ihe ahu. i'm a good guy, ighotago?
gwam eziokwu obu inaghi alike imicha ihe?
umu ihe babana na cucumber nke buru ibu oo. kiss
obughikwa ndi obere a ha ka chewing stick

look!..agam alike inye gi this cucumber and iga alike kwa ya cheesy.. trust me

Kedu udiri icho okwu bu ihe a biko nu Hapu m aka...... Mu na gi abughi ebiri
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
MrPresident1:

Look here Mister, the Nigerian economy is not as strong as the American economy, Nigeria does not have the luxury of creating money from thin air like the Americans, fiat money just like that!

Cheap Chinese goods will soon flood our markets, have you reviewed the terms of the loans? or you think they are free? The few pretending almost comatose manufacturing companies we have will all die. We will lose jobs, unemployment will increase, our economy will be bled ruthless by the Chinese who don't have any business scruples.

We do not have the capacity to pay the debts we are amassing, we do not have strong economic fundamentals, our currency is weak, crude oil no longer sells as it used to.

Stop asking me questions that a kid in kindergarten will find disgusting!

You will be enslaved for your foolishness and lack of foresight!

I think u re being blindly critical of the President for no good reason! Asserted in one of ur post that USA, being heavily indebted to d USA, is being enslaved by China! And I asked u how, but u failed woefully to explain! However, when I asked hw Nigeria will be enslaved by China u gave a very lengthy but baseless, empty and narrow narration enveloped in trash that only a village illiterate can fall for! Take ur empty trash to d wailling zombies as they re alws waiting to buy such! When u make any sense we will know!

2 Likes

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by rottennaija(m): 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
IVORY2009:

The Chinese govt have a listen ear, is like you wanting to borrow me some monies and someone who knows me so well, came and convinced you never to lend out to me, with valid points to backup his/her claims.

Not if you see potential in the business idea.
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
searchng4love:
I will PERSONALLY report you to Owa Ooye.

Who are you please?
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by MrPresident1: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I think you need to do a double take on the trash you wrote up there which you mixed insults into. So Buhari ran to China to borrow so bloody what? Your focus shouldnt be on what is being borrowed but on what it is being borrowed for. Every nation Borrows so get over it.

If we are borrowing for capital projects your question should be "what would be the yield from these capital projects in the next 10yrs" . When a nation borrows from anothet nation it falls under the old school trade by barter as we must not repay in money but can do so I services or produce and this is one of the major reasons the Nigerian exonomy is diversifying.

Stop shouting enslavement up and down like a broken record because even you the one shouting it is so so confused. Today China is sought after by many nations due to their own internal efforts which they also had to borrow from other nations before they could become great. Are they enslaved to any nation?

If we borrow $2b but in 10 yrs that $2b can yield us $200b then I say borrow and borrow even more if possible. Bad leadership has crippled our economy so we need external help and hopefully we will manage the resources better now so we can become lenders tomorrow and not borrowers.

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat same with more dire consequences.

The Chinese do not run a charity, every agreement must favour them or no deal. Have you given a thought to the terms of the agreement, do you have an idea what we will be paying in the long run? What are we battering with the Chinese in exchange for this loan? They have a strong economy with strong fundamentals which we lack, they have the capacity to manipulate the Yuan as they like, they have a large pool of cheap and skilled labour, and they are fiscally disciplined, the very opposite of Nigerians.

The Chinese will flood Nigeria with cheap goods and our industries will die, unemployment will increase, hunger will hit the roof and there will be social unrest. we do not have the local industrial capacity to compete with their products and the few ones we can boast of will be strangled by Chinese competition.

Do not ever think the Chinese are coming to do you a favour, they are coming to enslave you! grin
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by Tarzaa(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nigeria and politics just because you're not in the same political party with the president, you can't see Nigeria borrow!
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by MrPresident1: 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I think u re being blindly critical of the President for no good reason! Asserted in one of ur post that USA, being heavily indebted to d USA, is being enslaved by China! And I asked u how, but u failed woefully to explain! However, when I asked hw Nigeria will be enslaved by China u gave a very lengthy but baseless, empty and narrow narration enveloped in trash that only a village illiterate can fall for! Take ur empty trash to d wailling zombies as they re alws waiting to buy such! When u make any sense we will know!

Look Mister, on the day you stick out your neck to be fitted with your manacles, I will be there to jeer! grin

The Chinese are here to enslave you!
Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by olu1759(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ekiti people,I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Loan: Fayose Writes Chinese Government Not To Give Loan To Nigeria by barcaboi(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
IVORY2009:

The Chinese govt have a listen ear, is like you wanting to borrow me some monies and someone who knows me so well, came and convinced you never to lend out to me, with valid points to backup his/her claims.
yeah right like a california givernor can do that to a US president. ....insanity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu; UK Based Nigerian Man Shares Intimate Picture With Wife On Bed. / Patience Jonathan’s Building Demolished In Abuja (Video, Photo) / No Marriage Between Buhari And Zainab Ahmed - Ministry Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.