Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country (7520 Views)

Tiwa Savage Goes On Stage Almost N*ked, Puts Legs Up / Expel Obasanjo Now, Clark Tells PDP / Adulteress And Lover Stripped N*ked Publicly In Benue State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by redsun(m): 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
Nigeria case is not about regimes,military or civilian,it's about mentality,soldiers and civilians reason the same way,hopelessness,with the exception of Blessed Idiagbon.

People perish for lack of discipline.Nigerians almost in totality are indiscipline.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2009
redsun:

Nigeria case is not about regimes,military or civilian,it about mentality,soldiers and civilians reason the same way,hopelessness,with the exception of Blessed Idiagbon.

People perish for lack of discipline.Nigerians almost in totality are indiscipline.

Very true, but those that ought to uphold the law and make people answer to their stupidity are all corrupt.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by JamesG: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
[/quote]IBB was a better president by a long mile.

OBJ was and is still a thug.
The name 'maradona' and 'chop I chop' was ascribed to IBB due to the way he dealt with issues.

Although, both corrupt, IBB hardly ever came across as forceful and unrepentant. He knew the power of a few ghana must go's
[quote]

IBB greatest achievements:
- world-wide 419
- abject poverty
- terror on the populace
- The idealogy of "Do or Die" politics

He'll go down in history as the father of tyrany!
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by redsun(m): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
It is the indiscipline of the leaders that transcends over the populace.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2009
JamesG:

- world-wide 419
- abject poverty
- terror on the populace

And OBJ made the masses rich?
OBJ waS able to deal with 419? not at all, i think even got worse.
OBJ was more of a terror, even created EFCC to fight the people that he could have touched?
OBJ is the do or die politician, else, he would have left Atiku alone and let the People decide who will lead them in the new election.
If IBB has the do or die political motive, he wont have stopped himself from contesting in 2007.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
KnowAll:

If we have people who beleive a military regime is a legitimate regime in 2009, then God help us we are not in the 1890's it bad enough we had it up till 1999. That part of History should be discarded into the bin never to mentioned. Buhari still owes Shagari an apology for over throwing a legitimate goverment.
I am not in support of any military regime but, c'mon, we are talking about OBJ here.

OBJ's civilian regime was more like a military government.
Lies, deceit, thuggery, murder, fraud just name it. The list is endless
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2009
And why do pple say OBJ gave us GSM and whatnot.

Like some other poster pointed, IBB got the ball rolling.
Besides, it was going to happen sooner or later.

Abeg, make una stop all that flapdoodle
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by KnowAll(m): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
OBJ's civilian regime was more like a military government.
Lies, deceit, thuggery, murder, fraud just name it. The list is endless

Obj's regime is still like a miliatary regime but unfortunately is not a miliatary regime that gives it credence and validility all over the world
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
@KnowAll, if i have to chose btw the civilian govt of OBJ to that of Military rule of IBB, i will surely chose IBB.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
OMO IBO:

And why do pple say OBJ gave us GSM and whatnot.

Like some other poster pointed, IBB got the ball rolling.
Besides, it was going to happen sooner or later.

Abeg, make una stop all that flapdoodle

It is even a shame for a nation with so much wealth, potentials and great people to be boasting of GSM as an achievement, i guess, we shd thank them for giving us street light too? what a shame
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

It is even a shame for a nation with so much wealth, potentials and great people to be boasting of GSM as an achievement, i guess, we shd thank them for giving us street light too? what a shame
Too right
Too right
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by jumobi1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
Why do we have amnesia all of a sudden? IBB wasn't even a president. OBJ was bettter than ABACHA and IBB and even better than Yar'Adua. Doesn't mean he is good though.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
jumobi1:

Why do we have amnesia all of a sudden? IBB wasn't even a president. OBJ was bettter than ABACHA and IBB and even better than Yar'Adua. Doesn't mean he is good though.

You are more than right, IBB wasnt good at all, but he is better than even the dumb sucker OBJ.
I think the only leader i ever think was aiight was Idiagbon.
The guy at least has a vission and hope to change Nigeria with tough hand and was working before he was sent packing
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by KnowAll(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
@KnowAll, if i have to chose btw the civilian govt of OBJ to that of Military rule of IBB, i will surely chose IBB.

How can u choose something that is illegitimate, no rule book, no constitution, is like a teacher invading the general hospital and saying he wants to take over the doctor’s job what u will get is catastrophe, can u imagine the Naira went from 1Naira to $1 dollar during Shagari’s regime to $155.00 it is today thanks to IBB. We have over 10 million Nigerians in diaspora thanks to IBB, we have 20,000 Nigeria women doing Ashewo in Europe thanks IBB.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
KnowAll:

How can u choose something that is illegitimate, no rule book, no constitution, is like a teacher invading the general hospital and saying he wants to take over the doctor’s job what u will get is catastrophe, can u imagine the Naira went from 1Naira to $1 dollar during Shagari’s regime to $155.00 it is today thanks to IBB. We have over 10 million Nigerians in diaspora thanks to IBB, we have 20,000 Nigeria women doing Ashewo in Europe thanks IBB.

I never agree with his leadership, but he was better than OBJ, under the circumstance that one was "elected" and the other wasnt
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by jumobi1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2009
What did IBB actually do? I don't remember. Don't forget he left Nigeria in a way worse state than he met it. OBJ didn't leave Nigeria in a worse state than he met it or at least in a way worse way.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by JamesG: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
When we speak about the issues that plague Nigeria we speak in relative terms - in other words, what's possible in Nigeria given the prevailing corrupt tendencies at all levels. Implementation of GSM or access to the internet might not be an issue for some other country, but for Nigeria it is a major milestone. For years the Nothern Oligarchy refused to move forward with deregulation and privatization - and why? They were the head of all the fed government sectors - so that was the channel to move crude revenue to the North. IBB might have mention free market, privatization etc, but he had no intension of implementing them. He did the same with free election. It took OBJ to make these huge strides, by Nigerian standards, given the huge oppositions from the North. Please let's not mention Atiku in this discussion, he's a common criminal - Please don't forget the Jefferson (US REP) saga.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by MrCrackles(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
jumobi1:

What did IBB actually do? I don't remember. Don't forget he left Nigeria in a way worse state than he met it. OBJ didn't leave Nigeria in a worse state than he met it or at least in a way worse way.

Dont forget the bottom line though. . . Both of them contributed immensely to the destructive state Nigeria is in now!
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by jumobi1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2009
lol. true that.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by presido1: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
KnowAll:

Soon people like you will tell us that Yaradullbaby presidency is legitmate. I think no other president of Nigerian will out do OBJ in terms of doing bad. Did he rule with constitution? Maybe its somewhere in the constitution to wipe a whole community you sworn to defend in the same constitution. Maybe our constitution states that the president will be petroleum minister as well.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by presido1: 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
JamesG:

- world-wide 419
- abject poverty
- terror on the populace
I thought 419 was brought by Igbo's. When did IBB turn to Igbo man? grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

That is not the point of the thread. . . .
That one is discussion for another thread, Open one and i will jump on it. . .
OBJ was simply a disaster!

But it was the point of you asking if I was "having a giraffe" or was it not?

I take it you now realise I was right he is the best president we ever had?
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2009
redsun:

Any sane mind can see that obasanjo is one of the prime architect in making nigeria a failed state that it is today.What can a failed leader be upheld for?

What is a failed state?

And which criterion of failed statehood are you allocating primely to OBJ?

Lets get analytical here.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
jumobi1:

What was OBJ's achievement while in office for 8 years?
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2009
OMO IBO:

IBB was a better president by a long mile.

OBJ was and is still a thug.
The name 'maradona' and 'chop I chop' was ascribed to IBB due to the way he dealt with issues.

Although, both corrupt, IBB hardly ever came across as forceful and unrepentant. He knew the power of a few ghana must go's

So because IBB was not forceful and unrepentant, that is why he is a better president than OBJ? 

Bleep me, Yaradua must be the greatest president we ever had. undecided

The forcefulness and unrepentantness is probably what made OBJ achieve as much as he did against the powers of the illiterate, strongheaded and knowall (despite knowing nothing) fools that run and hold Nigeria back. It (forcefulness and unrepentantness) was a major strength and weakness of OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by jumobi1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

What was OBJ's achievement while in office for 8 years?

LOL. How do u answer a question with a question. Answer mine then I'll answer yours.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
oshkosh:
OBJ was the best amongst a bad lot. He's so unpopular because he tried to use force to deal with difficult problems.

IBB on the other hand, is the architect of Nigeria's downfall (after the colonial masters that concieved our nation and failed to hive off the Northen states into Chad!).

IBB took curruption to very dizzy heights and established the crazy 'settlement' culture which prevails to this day.

Flawed as he was, OBJ gets my vote as the best president Nigeria ever had.

Thank you, bruv, couldn't be better analysed and said. I agree with every word.

IBB is the architect of our downfall, Abacha is the executor. That is why we hard volumes of migration in their regime until OBJ reversed it.

Imagine under Abacha regime, lecturers in polytechniques were earning N24K per YEAR, let people go and find out how OBJ turned that around and how they earn far more than that per month now.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
jumobi1:

LOL. How do u answer a question with a question. Answer mine then I'll answer yours.

Cos i am a Nigerian
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Please tell me about the achievements.
I beg you, dont tell me he gave you GSM, cos that was IBB's idea and not that fool's

Bleep me, GSM is IBB's IDEA?

That is like saying electricity generation is a Nigerian invention.

That statement is what oyinbo calls an oxymoron.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Bleep me, GSM is IBB's IDEA?

That is like saying electricity generation is a Nigerian invention.

That statement is what oyinbo calls an oxymoron.

hahahahahahaha.
Dont be smart, i am sure you know what i am talking about.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hahahahahahaha.
Dont be smart, i am sure you know what i am talking about.

Mate, because IBB talked about GSM or what not does not mean you give him credit for it.

OBJ put it into implementation without much biase. For sure, I have no doubt that IBB would not have implemented it or, if he did, he would have sold it into a corruption quagmire and it would have ended up like Nitel as only few will benefit by stealing.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
Sagamite:

Mate, because IBB talked about GSM or what not does not mean you give him credit for it.

OBJ put it into implementation without much biase. For sure, I have no doubt that IBB would not have implemented it or, if he did, he would have sold it into a corruption quagmire and it would have ended up like Nitel as only few will benefit by stealing.

Like u said, he mentioned it, and i even give him credit for that.
Mind yu i am not from Minna oh, so i have nothing to gain from supporting his leadership instead of OBJ.
Nigeria is too big and wealthy to be naming GSM as an achievement.
If you reside outside Nigeria, you will witness the nightmare of calling the so called GSM, Nigeria is the only nation that the network is so terrible and yet pple have to pay for the service.
Yes, we have a service and that is a good start, but anything been done to make it work like a developed system? Nope.
there are so many things that OBj could have done, during his regime, he started EFCC, now do i give him credit for that? cos i am yet to see anything that the EFCC has done apart from arresting the yahoo yahoo boys, while the main culprit are dining with the leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rasheed Maina (Pension Task Force Boss) Diverted N21 Billion To His Accounts / FG Makes N909 Billion From VAT in 2017 / Two Muslims Cannot Head The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.