Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country (7525 Views)

Tiwa Savage Goes On Stage Almost N*ked, Puts Legs Up / Expel Obasanjo Now, Clark Tells PDP / Adulteress And Lover Stripped N*ked Publicly In Benue State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
C2H5OH:

obasanjo fa%&$d up the country? what about the crooks before him? he was happy to continue the legacy of his predecessors.

so do u agree that he not any better than all before and after him?
they are all thieves
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2009
oshkosh:

Abeg, OBJ tried jare. He was courageous and did much more than all past leaders put together.

@Sagamite,

Don't mind these IBB surrogates.
How was he courageous?

Are you ppl insane?

Infact, na sango go raid all of una that votes for Yar'adua in the next comming election
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by C2H5OH(f): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
you are trying to choose who's better among a herd of no good leaders?

he may have done some things better than others, i can agree with you on that much.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2009
C2H5OH:

you are trying to choose who's better among a herd of no good leaders?

he may have done some things better than others, i can agree with you on that much.

He did nothing and history will judge dem all
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by presido1: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

I disagree.

IBB was a military dictator. . . .his hands were tied.
Foreign investors were reluctant to do any business in Nigeria because of the political instability.
IBB and Buhari and Abacha can be excused.
He is an ANIMAL.
CLASSIC

Fhemmmy:

I dont agree.
Murtala was a military ruler but things weren't as bad as the other fools
During his days things were diff compared to IBB and ABACHA days. As in Human Right Campaigners and free press.

Thats not to say i support the two.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
There has never been freedom of anything under military rulership, and even now that we have democracy, go and TV and say nonsense about the FG and yu will know there is no human right still
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by CrudeOil2(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
Sauron,
although OBJ impressed Nigerians with some of his achievments like debt relief, GSM, etc his regime was a total disaster.
He ruined the Naira, increased fuel prices etc. Dont also forget the amount revenue Nigeria gained during his tenure, which he squandered on power projects.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sauron1: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I dont agree.
Murtala was a military ruler but things weren't as bad as the other fools

Murtala ruled for ONLY 7 months before he was shot in Feb. 1976.
Had IBB and Abacha ruled for the same period, we wouldn't have known a lot about their characters.
What is to say Murtala wouldn't have turned to a monster if he had ruled for 8 years?

Crude Oil:

Sauron,
although OBJ impressed Nigerians with some of his achievments like debt relief, GSM, etc his regime was a total disaster.

All these things come with Democracy. . . . . .I don't believe OBJ single-handedly achieved all those stuffs.
If Okadigbo had been our president in 1999, he would have those achievements on his report card as well.
Ghana and so many African countries were already using mobile phones before Nigeria. . . .so how is that OBJ's credit?

He ruined the Naira, increased fuel prices etc. Dont also forget the amount revenue Nigeria gained during his tenure, which he squandered on power projects.

U forget the Odi genocide?
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by CrudeOil2(m): 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
Obasanjo tried his best, but the people surrounding him were the cause of his woes.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

Murtala ruled for ONLY 7 months before he was shot in Feb. 1976.
Had IBB and Abacha ruled for the same period, we wouldn't have known a lot about their characters.
What is to say Murtala wouldn't have turned to a monster if he had ruled for 8 years?

Even within that 7 months, MKO was able to get rich.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by tboy1(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
Crude Oil:

Obasanjo tried his best, but the people surrounding him were the cause of his woes.
Pls can u name a few of the ppl u're talking about
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by sjeezy8: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
Crude Oil:

I agree with you some what but OBJ IS A BLOODY THEIF. He is also a puppet to the fulani oligarchy of sokoto but during his presidency he paid off foreign debt, increased Teachers salaries and doubled the economy. That is better then any other president
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2009
Crude Oil:

It takes a fool and sucking bastard to know what to do and how to do it and surrounds himself with fools.
I will tell you why he would do such, cos he is the biggest fool
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 12:55am On Aug 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

remember OBJ appointed yar'fool like u call it, so that means a fool only can appoint a fool.
does that means OBJ never did his home work well be4 imposing him on us/
or is there a motive behind it all?

He is human, isn't he?
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 1:06am On Aug 14, 2009
presido1:

OBJ met GSM in progress when he took over in 1999. He only finished what others started.

Which others?

presido1:

Pls remind us one person that is in jail or Ribadu EFCC prosecuted and i will remind you millions in the govt of today.

That is due to a weak judicial system but advanced corruption. He gets credit for the kickoff and I hope you don't expect one human to solve all of Nigerian problems in 8 years.

presido1:

5) Are you serious? Is it his work to choose how will replace him or the citizens.

Well he has a choice to have a preference and there is nothing you can do about that.

presido1:

hahahahahahaha call home and ask them when ASUU went on strike and why?

Hehehehehehehehehehehe, do you check your facts before you flap you mouth?

What has ASUU strike in 2009 got to do with OBJ?

OBJ is responsible for breakdown in negotiations?

Bleep me.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

SAGAMITE
You just made a fool of your self linking OBJ with tangible achievements
Now i hope you understand better grin cheesy

Mate, you are the one making a fool of yourself.

I am still waiting to hear you name the president that was better than OBJ but you are dancing like a jackal round that question. Did I catch you out by challenging you to name?
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 1:26am On Aug 14, 2009
After I read the first part of your response, I said I will ignore it and answer the rest. Then reading the rest, I find that majority does not make sense and is full of conjectures and lazy conclusions and analysis so I will brisk over this as I do not debate at this level.

Fhemmmy:

How much did he steal and how come Nigeria was owing all that much money, would it be cos he borrowed so much to give us power and never see the power generating nothing? could it be that he borrowed so much for agriculture, only for him to spend all on himself while trying to become the biggest farm in Africa? so would it be fair to say, he is begged to have the money he stoled to be forgiven, cos only him, IBB and Abacha borrowed more money than the world sef.

Silly conjectures and insinuations, lack of substance.

If you do not know the origins of our $35bn debt, please I don't debate at that level.

Fhemmmy:

tell me who they have been able to execute with the set up.
Would be a better thing to say, he set up something for the western world to think we were serious?
would even be better to say, he used it to fight those that opposes him?

All indicators showed corruption reduced.

If you do not know the law in nigeria does not include execution of corrupt people, I don't debate at that level.

Fhemmmy:

That is a lie, cos while he was in power, there are so many fake drugs that came into the nation and even the hausas knows that and they refused to be injected with water all in the name of treatment { not that i side with fulanis oh}

Bleep me, how the hell did you link fake drugs to some illiterate morons refusing polio drugs based on some anti-islam rumours.

Fhemmmy:

What an honorable man.
A man that some of the school in his states are still under the tree.
A man with no vission, nothing to offer Nigeria
Would it be better to say, he put a muppet there cos he wanna look good compared to Yar'fukc?

Try and understand the difference between honoruable and competent.

Fhemmmy:

restructure indeed and still people like Dopkesi is still able to take money anyhow and messed up a nation, and sell shares and still run the nation like a one man's biz.
Restructure that still has people like Dangote in the helm of financial leadership of NSE while he has so many coys listen on the exchange?
Small biz cant get loan.
Interest rate on loans still over 40%?

Here I laugh out of pity at the logic.

If you don't know that Nigerian financial industry has a lot of muscle now then you are not at a level to be debating with me.

Did one person (Madoff) not mess up $50bn dollars in USA? Does that mean the system is not strong?

Fhemmmy:

By ASUU going on strike all the time and a 5 years program lasting for 10 years, how come their own kids are not in Nigerian university/
Lemme guess, he did a good job by selling the nation into private schooling cos it is out of the reach of the masses that really needed education?
what he has done is increase the line btw the rich and the poor and no one can now cross, cos it is wider than ever.

Check the meaning of the word "better".

You expect him to solve 30 year rot in 8 years? . . . . . . . . . . . . Ridiculous.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by hollandis(f): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2009
Sagamite:

If you don't know that Nigerian financial industry has a lot of muscle now then you are not at a level to be debating with me.

Did one person (Madoff) not mess up $50bn dollars in USA? Does that mean the system is not strong?

LMFAO,I laugh in continuous tense.You feel Nigerian Banks are healthy?you really feel they are "muscular"?Young man wake up.I won't delve into the imbroglio called ''Nigeria Banks'' yet.It is a topic for another day.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 2:02am On Aug 14, 2009
hollandis:

LMFAO,I laugh in continuous tense.You feel Nigerian Banks are healthy?you really feel they are "muscular"?Young man wake up.I won't delve into the imbroglio called ''Nigeria Banks'' yet.It is a topic for another day.

If you look at my signature you will be aware that I don't entertain conjectures, son, put you facts on the table.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by hollandis(f): 2:12am On Aug 14, 2009
The issue of bank is a grand topic on its own.Unfortunately this thread has nothing directly to do with Nigeria banks.It is really another topic on its own.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by hollandis(f): 2:23am On Aug 14, 2009
Sagamite:

Bleep me, how the hell did you link fake drugs to some illiterate morons refusing polio drugs based on some anti-islam rumours.

Fhemmy was refering to the ''Pfizer Brouhaha'' and the hornet nest it stirred up north.What anti islam rumors did it cause? Some fucking drug company killed Nigeria babies in the north and you expect the largely conservative and uneducated northerners to trust your ''medical help'?
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Sagamite(m): 2:47am On Aug 14, 2009
hollandis:

Fhemmy was refering to the ''Pfizer Brouhaha'' and the hornet nest it stirred up north.What anti islam rumors did it cause? Some fucking drug company killed Nigeria babies in the north and you expect the largely conservative and uneducated northerners to trust your ''medical help'?

I am talking about fake counterfeit drugs being sold to people as original, he is linking, i believe, this to northerners refusing polio drug because they think it is a West attempt to make them infertile.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by Tugbaski: 3:00am On Aug 14, 2009
Regardless of what people think. I believe Obasanjo generally had the interest of Nigeria at heart. While i believe he tried his best and did everything he could do, there are big opportinites he missed also. But a leader is never meant to be perfect. I still believe he is the best President Nigeria ever had and i hope he is not the last.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by hollandis(f): 3:15am On Aug 14, 2009
Sagamite:

I am talking about fake counterfeit drugs being sold to people as original, he is linking, i believe, this to northerners refusing polio drug because they think it is a West attempt to make them infertile.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by hollandis(f): 3:38am On Aug 14, 2009
Sagamite:

Maybe we should call fhemmy to enlighten us more .However the issue of drugs is multi-faceted .
1. Akinyuli's eradication of fake drugs shouldn't be seen as a National success or an achievement of the Obasanjo's administration.
2. The suspicions,superstitions and fear raised by some northern quaters and their sbsequent rejection of polio drugs is not entirely their fault.
3. The court charade during the pfizer trial should be properly investigated.
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by yommyuk: 4:19am On Aug 14, 2009
Obasanjo bleeped up this country angry

Absolutely rubbish.
Without Obj this country would have collapsed politcallyl
Obj is a nationalist who was able to work with all the reigons in Nigeria
Most of his agendas was focus on Nigeria as a whole
Despite the fact that Awo did alot during this tenure as premier of the west
Awo was very tribalist and that was key to his failure of not winning the presidential election
Zik was  a sellout to the North - He made alliance with them and regreted it to his grave
Buhari tried to run the country like a millitary zone. who is to blame him the man was in uniform during his tenure
IBB should have done better. He introduced radical economical reforms but encouraged and facilitated the culture of corruption(CHOP AND CLEAN MOUTH)
Abacha was the worst of the bunch. Shagari,shonekan and Abdul were just appointees filling the gap.
OBJ was not a saint and probably should have done better but was still the best of them all.
Yaradua - No COMMENT

@Sagamite has asked the right question - Show us which president did better than BABA OBJ
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by ikeyman00(m): 4:47am On Aug 14, 2009
Obasanjo bleeped up this country

Absolutely rubbish.
Without Obj this country would have collapsed politcallyl
Obj is a nationalist who was able to work with all the reigons in Nigeria
Most of his agendas was focus on Nigeria as a whole
Despite the fact that Awo did alot during this tenure as premier of the west
Awo was very tribalist and that was key to his failure of not winning the presidential election
Zik was a sellout to the North - He made alliance with them and regreted it to his grave
Buhari tried to run the country like a millitary zone. who is to blame him the man was in uniform during his tenure
IBB should have done better. He introduced radical economical reforms but encouraged and facilitated the culture of corruption(CHOP AND CLEAN MOUTH)
Abacha was the worst of the bunch. Shagari,shonekan and Abdul were just appointees filling the gap.
OBJ was not a saint and probably should have done better but was still the best of them all.
Yaradua - No COMMENT

@Sagamite has asked the right question - Show us which president did better than BABA OBJ

only a slowpoke will believe that crap lipsrsealed

hmm more damage
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by ikeyman00(m): 4:50am On Aug 14, 2009
Maybe we should call fhemmy to enlighten us more .However the issue of drugs is multi-faceted .
1. Akinyuli's eradication of fake drugs shouldn't be seen as a National success or an achievement of the Obasanjo's administration.
2. The suspicions,superstitions and fear raised by some northern quaters and their sbsequent rejection of polio drugs is not entirely their fault.
3. The court charade during the pfizer trial should be properly investigated

the same way his kinmen;police cheif and avaition was appointed abi!!

trait?? hmm u can quote me ooo

believin what never took place
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by ikeyman00(m): 4:51am On Aug 14, 2009
if the truth has to be said

obj should rot in jail just like others

but we emm understand he is celebrated somewhere

but emm yea
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by ikeyman00(m): 4:53am On Aug 14, 2009
Regardless of what people think. I believe Obasanjo generally had the interest of Nigeria at heart. While i believe he tried his best and did everything he could do, there are big opportinites he missed also. But a leader is never meant to be perfect. I still believe he is the best President Nigeria ever had and i hope he is not the last

yes ahah he tried his best? hmm best in lootin lipsrsealed

but under Fashola Lagos is gaining weight

so oduduwa, patriotism should overshadow em criminality

thank u
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by ikeyman00(m): 4:55am On Aug 14, 2009
sagamite
Silly conjectures and insinuations, lack of substance.

If you do not know the origins of our $35bn debt, please I don't debate at that level.

plz tell us

we are waitin
Re: Obasanjo F@#ked Up This Country by ikeyman00(m): 5:01am On Aug 14, 2009
GSm

obj brought that to nigeria

hmmm what an achievement

na from his pocket moeny? ehh it not like na new invention hmm,

how many was realised from the liecense fees lipsrsealed

how many job was created throughout his tenure?

any reasonable improvenment in the standard of living in the country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! / 13 Aigs Retired ,aggrieved Officers Head For Court / See Imo First Flyover Beautifully And Magnificently Built In Owerri (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.