Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu (57960 Views)

Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo) / I’ve Accepted My Removal In Good Faith - Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 11, 2016
The devil u knw is better than the angel u dnt know....my problem with nigerians is that we aren't wise both the learned and non learned, we are so gullible to propanganda and apc knew that long ago. 2019 this same idiots will tell u they will make fuel sell for #40 and trust nigerians to fall for it again cos they knw hw foolish nigerians are with volatile memories

6 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Otunagum(m): 6:38pm On May 11, 2016
145 naira is too much angry

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by logica(m): 6:39pm On May 11, 2016
What I read says "the price will NOT be higher than 145". What I take this to mean is, they have pegged the maximum possible price at 145; not that PMS will be sold at a fixed price of 145.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by eph12(m): 6:39pm On May 11, 2016
The worst part is that the marketers have to source for their dollars themselves so the price could go up if dollar rises. We are finished

5 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by stagger: 6:40pm On May 11, 2016
The APC is now complete. Congrats to all those who voted for APC. They have now got what they were looking for.

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by eph12(m): 6:40pm On May 11, 2016
logica:
What I read says "the price will NOT be higher than 145". What I take this to mean is, they have pegged the maximum possible price at 145; not that PMS will be sold at a fixed price of 145.
Given the current circumstances.
But say dollar goes up then what happens?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
This govt is very insensitive to the plight of the suffering masses

Sorry....but this decision makes economic sense.

If you like...we can take a loan from the IMF to keep on paying for subsidy....and in the years to come you will pay heavily for it.

Nigeria needs the oil price to be at $123 per barrel.It is just hovering around $50. Unless you have the extra 73USD per barrel to pay to our treasury....I suggest you face reality.

And yes...GEJ was right to have wanted to remove subsidy. Most of us unfortunately did not see the benefits....we only saw that fuel was going to be expensive. I guess it is high time Nigerians stopped this daily bread thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Faru1(m): 6:42pm On May 11, 2016
Good move, I pray this step taken should be in good direction as envisaged.

To some of you who don't see anything good in this govt, i say sorry is your name.

And to some people that said APC should apologize to GEJ for not allowing him to remove subsidy then, I asked the dullard, was there APC that time? sorry is your name too.

What you don't know is that with GEJ on power, removing subsidy then was like doing good thing on a wrong time cos it's a regime that says stealing is not corruption!

5 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by SageTravels: 6:42pm On May 11, 2016
God bless GEJ

The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by tivta(m): 6:43pm On May 11, 2016
redcap:
My primary concern is exchange rate which Will eventually spike to above 400naira/$ in few weeks.

Someone in nairaland actually said since the budget has been passed into law, that dollars will fall, I just laughed at him

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by COMPAQ(m): 6:43pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

You have a point. But the main reason it was opposed it then was because people had no confidence in the ability of the government of the time to use the saved funds wisely. Also the economic conditions are very different. Even labour unions now must bow to the superior economic arguments. Personally I've always supported subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by gurunlocker: 6:43pm On May 11, 2016
Oh this government has bought both NLC and TUC, so nothing like protest.... Mehn, yahoo boys be learner for where these people dey
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by suxes2005(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

Because crude oil was expensive then !!!

Times are different sir
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by onac16: 6:44pm On May 11, 2016
TheDavidAbraham:
The removal of subsidies of any kind is always a smart economic move. We must not be short-sighted, and give in to the pull of immediate gratification.
was that your opinion when Jonathan wanted removing it?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 11, 2016
Kachikwu is mad!

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by shiimah: 6:45pm On May 11, 2016
Fashola come o, Tinubu, NLC and TLC, what of our well respected lawyers(falana etc) the artistes who took advantage at Ojota, Come see o.... Finally the Subsidy all of you Oppose 4years ago have been removed finally.

I expect all of U to start afresh in protest... Failure to do you amount to much shame on all of U. Where is Eedris Abdulkareem, Olamide, its time o

You called Jonathan and Okonji-Iwella all sort of names..... It has happened. Start afresh with d name calling... This time with Baba Go slow.

Chaii... APC... Chains, Chains... We are in for it.... Government of Kwarapshun and kpropoganda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by fotadmowmend(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2016
That's what I call branding ! GEJ did this in 2012 without 'branding'. I doubt if any1 would protest now ! I SMH for some gullible Nigerians who would gullibly belv dis nonsensical writeup ! Back in 2012, no one was ready to hear anythg this from govt as regards fuel subsidy. Back then, we were made to believe that fuel subsidy is the only way everyone benefits from government directly.
If NLC fails to do anythg abt this, then something is fishy ! The minimum wages remains the same while government removes subsidy . can someone tell me how logical dis is ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Marvinspeed(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2016
Congratulations to those who voted, believe and still in denial about this being a positive change, you have finally condemned Nigerians to slavery.

"Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change".

Proverbs 24:21-22.

4 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Sakaslim(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2016
This is so illogical.. The price of crude in the international market has dropped..gasoline is sold for less than a dollar per litre in the US, yet a top oil producer like naija wants to deregulate and sell for 145.Help me ask the minister what happens when the price of crude goes up..then we'll buy fuel for as high as 300..SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by bedspread: 6:46pm On May 11, 2016
abbey621:
What they should have done since! Now there can be free competition and surplus supplies but this is not the only part of the solution. We need all refineries working and maintained properly, we also need to diversify away from oil products. This is the true path forward!
bros all these Na Grammar!! THAT 145 IS TOO MUCH
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by iswallker(m): 6:46pm On May 11, 2016
yemmynoni:
Hmmmmm

Ka sha ma Dupe
I think Kachikwu and PMB are very smart. They make petrol scarce for one year then remove subsidy so, we are too tired to complain.

first of all, this move by buhari will worsen the naira exchange rate as oil marketers will increase the demand for the dollar....

i shake my head for this country.... sad

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by tyangel: 6:46pm On May 11, 2016
APC GOVT DOESN'T AV ANYTING TO OFFER NIGERIANS, JUST FOOLING THEMSELVES, FOUND THEMSELVES IN GOVT BY CHANCE

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by amaechi1: 6:48pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:

Nigerians were against the glaring corruption that was smelling to high heaven because of subsidy. Don't give excusses about GEJ tenure in money management.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Goddex: 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
[size=18pt]Buhari is a shameless liar[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Uncletony(m): 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
Keneking:
Sai Buhari

I dey on ban, but i borrow my friends NL to salute ur zombieness!. Collect am!!! U too much.

8 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by omolola15(m): 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
They won't listen

Etern:

The circumstances surrounding the removal of subsidy 4 years ago are not the same today.

APC was registered by inec in JUNE 2013. 18 months after occupy Nigeria. So tell me how does a party that does not exist lead the campaign 18 months earlier? How does the same party say subsidy doesn't exist when the party itself has not come into existence. No vex oooo. I just wan know ni.

subtle009:
Moral lesson, don't criticize people decision without even knowing why they took them. Apc, buhari complained ND complained, led the campaign at ojota, even went as far to say subsidy doesn't exit, so what now? Hypocrites in the glass house.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
onexile:
I have not seen a shameless country such Nigeria before!

**Spites on Nigeria**

Spit on APE PEE CEE and Buhari instead.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by abbey621(m): 6:49pm On May 11, 2016
bedspread:
bros all these Na Grammar!! THAT 145 IS TOO MUCH

Look at it this way, you are already buying it at 150 to 250 Naira right now with people even begging to see fuel buy and the world did not end, 145 Naira fuel in return for no scarcity and a better economy is not too much!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 11, 2016
COMPAQ:

You have a point. But the main reason it was opposed it then was because people had no confidence in the ability of the government of the time to use the saved funds wisely. Also the economic conditions are very different. Even labour unions now must bow to the superior economic arguments. Personally I've always supported subsidy removal.
I have always supported its removal too. But the issue was muddled up in 2012 for cheap political gains.
Nothing assures anyone that the money the removal of fuel subsidy will put in government coffers will be used wisely.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by luvinhubby(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2016
cckris:
PDP is far better than APC

Far better.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos From Mass Burial Of Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram / Buhari In Imo: Photos As President Buhari Steps Off The Plane / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.