Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu (57995 Views)

Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo) / I’ve Accepted My Removal In Good Faith - Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by engrhorla(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2016
redcap:
My primary concern is exchange rate which Will eventually spike to above 400naira/$ in few weeks.

And 3pcs of tomato will sell for #500, tfare will increase,a module of rice will become #800 and garri will sell for #300

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by ogmask: 6:52pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

Did you read where he said all stakeholders were carried along? He even went ahead to mention them. That is the game changer between then and now. GEJ engaged stakeholders after the removal while PMB had them in same room to deliberate and agree on the removal. It is called WISDOM.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by mascotman(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2016
[quote author=potbelly post=45528997]*singing which way nigeria which way nigeria I want to know* PMS now at #145. May God save us ooo!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Mydazz(m): 6:54pm On May 11, 2016
Maybe Economists in the house can tell me why a significant drop in global oil price can bring about a #145 per litre price of petrol in a petroleum producing country,... The effect of dollar has been hitting us so hard and now we have to add petrol...... So what exactly ate tge masses going to benefit for shouting Sai Buhari under the rain and in the sun like the Zombies that they are. To whom much is given, much is expected. When the Economic management team of a country being headed by a Professor of Law, these and many more should be expected.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Mydazz(m): 6:55pm On May 11, 2016
Maybe Economists in the house can tell me why a significant drop in global oil price can bring about a #145 per litre price of petrol in a petroleum producing country,... The effect of dollar has been hitting us so hard and now we have to add petrol...... What exactly are the masses going to benefit for shouting Sai Buhari under the rain and in the sun like the Zombies that they are. To whom much is given, much is expected. When the Economic management team of a country being headed by a Professor of Law, these and many more should be expected.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by amaechi1: 6:56pm On May 11, 2016
Marvinspeed:
Congratulations to those who voted, believe and still in denial about this being a positive change, you have finally condemned Nigerians to slavery.

"Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change".

Proverbs 24:21-22.

I never regretted voting out GEJ. If given the opportunity I do it over and over again. I guess you were comfortable with the level of impunity and corruption at that time, I am not. So you deal with that.

4 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by budosky(m): 6:57pm On May 11, 2016
#BringJonathanBack#

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Otunagum(m): 6:57pm On May 11, 2016
I want to cry but I don't know how cry

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by kachola: 6:58pm On May 11, 2016
SageTravels:
God bless GEJ

The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests.
Was Apc in existance that time?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 11, 2016
Yes I campaigned massively for Buhari/Osinbajo,I canvassed votes for APC at all levels.I was almost shot point blank on the election day enroute to Ikoyi to cast my vote.I wanted CHANGE desperately and not political office or patronage.Nigerians have suffered too much,oppressed and decimated by elected 'Rulers' who are driven by greed and corruption.APC this is NOT the change I voted for...It's unethical and unjustifiable to increase the price of petrol to N145.It's sheer wickedness!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by askari01: 6:58pm On May 11, 2016
subtle009:
Moral lesson, don't criticize people decision without even knowing why they took them. Apc, buhari complained ND complained, led the campaign at ojota, even went as far to say subsidy doesn't exit, so what now? Hypocrites in the glass house.

Please how much were they selling crude oil back in the days of jOnA? And now? Let's try to reason with ds Govt nah.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by potbelly(m): 6:59pm On May 11, 2016
My brother I dey tell you... The marketers will definately take advantage of this price because NNPC don't have the capacity to service the country with petroleum products. They will definately create artificial scarcity to ensure prices go above #200 to recoup their free subsidy money... My brother we are in for a long thing... 2019 is very far... [quote author=mascotman post=45529789][/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by tivta(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2016
ogmask:

Did you read where he said all stakeholders were carried along? He even went ahead to mention them. That is the game changer between then and now. GEJ engaged stakeholders after the removal while PMB had them in same room to deliberate and agree on the removal. It is called WISDOM.

Just don't dare complain when things in the market cost 10 times more
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 11, 2016
Bunch of cursed criminals!...ya'll pay some day!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Goddex: 7:02pm On May 11, 2016
Uncletony:

I dey on ban, but i borrow my friends NL to salute ur zombieness!. Collect am!!! U too much.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by opius: 7:04pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

They have succeed in deceiving us , honestly speaking i am highly disappointed , those who doesn't ve job hw re they going to survive this because the price of items in the market will increase , transport will increase etc.. May God help me ooo...

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by gboye1999: 7:05pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:

This policy actually goes beyond subsidy removal. Allowing any entity(not just a cabal) to import and sell PMS following the regulator pricing templates and quality spec may be a panacea to the corruption in the sector.

What I would really like to see is the refineries working efficiently, New refineries coming online and the pricing templates for locally refined products

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by logica(m): 7:05pm On May 11, 2016
eph12:

Given the current circumstances.
But say dollar goes up then what happens?
From what I read, no matter the exchange or price of oil, a marketer cannot sell above 145.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Chuksemi(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2016
Apc, what have we done to deserve this?? You promised 40naira. Now you are giving us 145naira. Woe hath come to stay till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by VEE2010(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2016
May hypocrisy not kill handlers of this present govt. I wonder where is Lie Muhammed, Fashola, Tinubu, Tunde Bakare. God will judge you all if you failed to "occupy Nigeria". It is a shame to note that, what the "clueless one" as you all labelled him envisaged 4 years ago could not be seen by so called wise ones. APC, scam!

4 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by uduigwomen(m): 7:07pm On May 11, 2016
This is govt that has come to inflict pains on Nigerian and believe the present crop of Rulers are sent to Nigeria from pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Marvinspeed(m): 7:07pm On May 11, 2016
amaechi1:

I never regretted voting out GEJ. If given the opportunity I do it over and over again. I guess you were comfortable with the level of impunity and corruption at that time, I am not. So you deal with that.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But if you had read carefully I never acknowledged a support for the former president neither did I mention your moniker.

But given an opportunity to vote again, I would do the same and vote for neither candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Yabaleft: 7:08pm On May 11, 2016
This is an outrage.
The current level of inflation will be nothing compared to what it will be in the near future.
The road is going to be very rough before it gets better.
I hope my Oga at work is reading this and should increase my salary and benefits sharp sharp undecided
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 11, 2016
The product was selling for between 120-130naira down here even when the official pump price was 86naira. Who knows how much they will sell at now. Little wonder once any politician loots funds, the next thing on their mind is petrol station. We'll survive.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by COMPAQ(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
I have always supported its removal too. But the issue was muddled up in 2012 for cheap political gains.
Nothing assures anyone that the money the removal of fuel subsidy will put in government coffers will be used wisely.

True, but you have to make choices based on what you see. If a had to choose between that government and this one managing the savings, I'd choose this one. grin
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by oz4real83(m): 7:10pm On May 11, 2016
Though fuel subsidey removal is a good move,why should fuel sell at #145/litre? Must Nigeria govt fix price? Are we not supposed to be expecting international market price? Is fuel not at a very low price now? I find it very difficult to understand our brand of Economics in Nigeria most times. Demand and supply laws don't work!

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by kaystick86(m): 7:10pm On May 11, 2016
For God's sake, what can I say am benefiting from a country that I pay my tax to. Electricity is zero yet I still pay a minimum of 10k per month. Fuel has now been moved from 86 to 145 instead of 40 as promised during campaign.
Nigerian s made the biggest mistake in 2012 by supporting APC and its cohort's in shouting against subsidy and funny enough, Nigeria was as very much OK then than now and am very sure we would get over it by now.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Chuknovski(m): 7:14pm On May 11, 2016
[quote author=bejeiodus post=45527879]The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.what a nightmare Nigerians have been scammed
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by logica(m): 7:14pm On May 11, 2016
Jezuz. Am I really that dumb or why is it nobody seems to me understand the statement the way I do?

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by basingstoke: 7:14pm On May 11, 2016
Ohammadike:

Your zombiesm has no cure
How the hell you glorify this guy by calling him Zombie. I am zombies in the cemetery will be ashamed of him
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by CaptPlanet(m): 7:15pm On May 11, 2016
How dumb is this? Something we would have moved on from long ago. Now they're dragging us back.

Mtcheww
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by COMPAQ(m): 7:15pm On May 11, 2016
Why is PPPRA still relevant in a deregulated environment? They should keep the best of them and let the others go.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PICTURES: Bauchi Residents Boycott President Buhari Today / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon / Nigerian Flags Sell For €7 In Poland As Others Try To Identify As Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.