Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu (57962 Views)

Buhari Receiving Cheers From Motorists On Fuel Queue In Kaduna (photo) / Fatima Ganduje Rants On Fuel Scarcity (Photo) / I’ve Accepted My Removal In Good Faith - Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by basingstoke: 7:16pm On May 11, 2016
Where is professor Sagay ?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by notindome(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by lookmangiw(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2016
even the current pppra template pegs price at 99.38, do why the 145 price peg.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by subtle009(m): 7:18pm On May 11, 2016
omolola15:
They won't listen

APC was registered by inec in JUNE 2013. 18 months after occupy Nigeria. So tell me how does a party that does not exist lead the campaign 18 months earlier? How does the same party say subsidy doesn't exist when the party itself has not come into existence. No vex oooo. I just wan know ni.

Why chase shadow, what's the analysis for, why defend the defendless. cos it's Apc, there is a certain "circumstances" to it. Even a toddler knows people who led the campaign are d core of apc, d fasholas, tinubus ND the likes...

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by phanshark(m): 7:18pm On May 11, 2016
willywasco:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=473905869466814&substory_index=0&id=448436902013711&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.473905869466814%3Atl_objid.473905869466814%3Athid.448436902013711%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1464764399%3A-4871739331966776313&__tn__=%2As
no comment on the nation oil refineries or even the duration of the price. Is he saying that the nation refineries wil be pack aside?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by ITbomb(m): 7:19pm On May 11, 2016
My issue is
The present template at 99/ltr is based on 199/$, so if you say they should source for petrol in the secondary market (nice name for black market) at 320/$ then, I'm seeing 160/ltr as the most comfortable price for marketers

But why were the soldiers destroying local refineries before?

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by onatisi(m): 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
There is nothing more to say . We the critics of this present government have been insulted and abused ,we predicted all these things . Good luck Nigerians ,enjoy your change

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by ichidodo: 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
Haaahaaa....Gullible Nigerians,Janjaweedes and a dumb old nepa certificate president.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by nwakibie3(m): 7:22pm On May 11, 2016
500samuel:
APC...chain!!!......where is our NLC.....revolution loading
Read the press release again, NLC and othe trade unions were part of the meeting so expect no strike or revolution from them
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 11, 2016
We've been scammed.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by subtle009(m): 7:23pm On May 11, 2016
askari01:

Please how much were they selling crude oil back in the days of jOnA? And now? Let's try to reason with ds Govt nah.
So we can actually reason the government now, when no one even give a damn about why the former government decided to remove it. They simply said subsidy doesn't exist ND simply embarked on a sweet campaign to make it look terribly bad. What if d former government envisaged what the crude oil price is going to be like now?

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by MeAboki(m): 7:24pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

The circumstances during Jonathan/PDP and now under Buhari/APC are not the same:
Jonathan had surplus earnings from crude (at over $150/barrel) to spend on subsidy when he was presiding over his corrupt wasteful govt; while Buhari/APC is only having about 1/4 of such earnings from crude (at about $40/barrel) and clearly do not enjoy the same luxury Jonathan had - there is therefore no cause for APC to apologize because they cannot be blamed for the fall in current crude price and therefore the attendant fall in revenue that could have otherwise sustained such subsidy - rather, the govt should be commended instead for taking this bold step.

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by onatisi(m): 7:25pm On May 11, 2016
Almajiri1:
This government is finished!
This government has always been clueless,directionless and totally confused from the day they assumed power. But the stupidity of Nigerians didn't allow them to see the danger signals . Now gej and pdp have been vindicated .
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by nwakibie3(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2016
bigtt76:
I will wait for them to issue a rejoinder... They always do anyway grin
In as much as they are known for that, I don't think it will happen because I believe this is the first truth from APC.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by TheDavidAbraham(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2016
onac16:
was that your opinion when Jonathan wanted removing it?

Yes of course.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by iamdapsyj(m): 7:27pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The statement was well worded. It was a euphemic way of announcing the removal of fuel subsidy. It is so disheartening that we would have long gone past this if today's proponents of subsidy removal had not opposed the policy four years ago. I hope Nigerians can see clearly how they were fed lies to stir up their anger against Jonathan.
It is the way to go, but Nigerians need to ask those who came up with the policy why they resisted the removal four years ago.
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives during the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.

Your comment is well worded as well but the issue people really had with the Jonathan administration was TRUST. Too much corruption here and there.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by nwakibie3(m): 7:28pm On May 11, 2016
Edunwa302:
Fold hands waiting for NLC and TUC comment on this by tomorrow or Monday then I will comment
Read the press release again, They were part of the meeting so expect nthn from them
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by DamieJos(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2016
Hmmmm ! This scam govt of PMB which proomised N40 per liter is doing to uus aany how ? They will see any how. Some elements of this govt opposed gej when he wanted to remove the subsidy thing. Indeed , pmb has medieval mindset $ does things in like manner. Even the u s whose economic ideology we are copying susidized agriculture toensure food securitty. Govt is ll about service $ not profit making. We buy water, send our kids to private schools kos public school are almost non exixtence, we cant access helth care in govt facilties but private etc. Haba ! Buhari, you are fir to the maasses of this country who voted enmass for you. You promised us change but we are in chain.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Geeweeny(m): 7:30pm On May 11, 2016
I will say it again...There is no Labour Union in Nigeria.....now fuel price will even get up to 400 naira
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by isnovic(m): 7:31pm On May 11, 2016
I have noticed GMB is always out whenever such announcement are to be made.

Deliberately absent, he should have personally made this announcement instead of handing over is responsibilities to a Junior minister for that matter.

Insensitive.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 11, 2016
Still hoping for 1$ equal to N1

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by billyG(m): 7:36pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
****was APC in existence then?
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by everozone: 7:36pm On May 11, 2016
Nigerians are disappointed by APC administrative style and they now regret voting d party into power.APC has reneged on virtually all d promises they made.This entails that APC doesn't have respect for Nigerians.We have to red card APC come 2019.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Hengineer: 7:38pm On May 11, 2016
jlinkd78:
The scam by this APC govt has become so humongous and legendary that they themselves can't even pretend about it again. I have always been a strong advocate of total subsidy removal cos I am convinced DAT in d end d interplay of demand and supply will stabilize prices cum availability and eventually drive investors in d direction of building refineries in Nigeria. It is painful DAT GEJ who saw this 4yrs ago was hounded, vilified and called unprintable names by this same actors who argued then that subsidy removal can only come up after refineries have started working at full capacity. They promised PMS cud sell at 40naira if voted in. A 67% increment (from 86.50 to 145 Naira per litre) can only come from an insensitive govt with a medieval economic mindset. Gej promised DAT with subsidy removal then when crude was above $100 we can buy PMS at 140 naira per litre so how come with crude less than $40 we are to be getting same product at 145naira. It is a universally known fact that when d cost of raw material is cheap (in this case d crude oil) , d tantamount price of d finished product will equally be more affordable. The most annoying part is DAT all those loquacious right activists have all activated their mute buttons, d state agents are intolerable to lawful protests and d zombies are congenitally fanatical. The govt is equally truthful by half cos u can't determine d selling price of a product when d marketers sourced their Forex as PMB can never stabilize d price of d dollar so this 145Naira upper threshold can't be sustained. Gej irked Nigerians with his new Yr 2012 broadcast but in this case d President never found us worthy of his state broadcast as his junior Minister has issued d fiat on a day he is far away in d UK. When all d the critics of this wicked govt with intransigent spirit were being persecuted some were happy but now we know why.
Exchange rate bro, the exchange rate has changed. As at 2012 January, it was N150 (or even less) to a dollar, today it is N320 and the importers would have to source their forex at this devalued rate.

Again, the N145 seems to be the upper cap set by the regulators to make sure unpatriotic independent marketers dont gang up and exploit Nigerians by making fuel scarce and increasing the price astronomically. From all indications, the NNPC would still sell fuel below N110 even with this development.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Jesusloveyou: 7:38pm On May 11, 2016
ufotty2001:
so this is the 40 naira per litre u people promised us
by the time the 3 refinery is working in full capacity with additional 3 new one by next year, plus private refinery, fuel wil not cost more than 50naira. pmb is working
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Ifeanyispace: 7:38pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria is a nation without sense of history. What has changed between 2012 and now. All those that are keeping mute now OCCUPIED NIGERIA for days and massively misinformed nigerians
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by 400billionman: 7:41pm On May 11, 2016
Keneking:
Sai Buhari

Sai Mumu
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 11, 2016
GEJ was once called a Trainee President, but still assembled the best manager of our behemoth economy while this Presiden had 16years to learn fron his predecessors mistakes but unfortunately his first trust in office was entrusting us with Trainee Ministers including in virtually all sectors of our economy especially Power, Energy and Finance. Unfortunately, the President himself is daily losing the peoples' trust. There is pain, groaning and suffering on the land and no one is listening. I don't agree that this will end when income remains low, unemployment remains high and manufacturing performance remains abysmal. Government has no basis for increasing petrol pump price, this is the easy part but what they failed to realise is that they are not elected/appointed to do easy jobs. Like Raji Fashola once said, if the kitchen is too hot, then it better to leave the kitchen.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by billyG(m): 7:44pm On May 11, 2016
onatisi:

This government has always been clueless,directionless and totally confused from the day they assumed power. But the stupidity of Nigerians didn't allow them to see the danger signals . Now gej and pdp have been vindicated .
u pple & yur luv 4 pdp is evil,no wonder 9jeria still remain like this after 16yrs.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by zikter(m): 7:46pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
The APC must apologize to Nigerians, particularly families of those who lost their lives dyeing the subsidy protests. It is the only way of showing contrition for misleading millions of people.
Was there anything like APC when subsidy was removed? If I can recall the then NLC TUC and civil society organizations were at the forefront of protest coordination. maybe someone shld educate me more on why the apology
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by precious1967(m): 7:47pm On May 11, 2016
i dont think blood runs in d veins of ds people. how do dey want civil servants to cope with N18,500 minimum wage? ibe katchikwu is not a nigerian.
Re: Press Statement On Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria, By Kachikwu by Ijaya123: 7:47pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:

Was APC in existence in 2012?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos From Mass Burial Of Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram / Buhari In Imo: Photos As President Buhari Steps Off The Plane / The Picture Of Olatunji Okusanya And Junior Okusanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.