Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos (30714 Views)

Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over / Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Celebrates His 53rd Birthday At SDA Hospital & Orphanage / IGP Idris Visits Abia State, Receives Made-In-Aba Good From Ikpeazu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by freeDR(m): 5:07am On May 15, 2016
YorubaHighness:
Some i**iots will come here praising this half-arsed projects.

In 2016, y'all are still building roads without sidewalks? or bike lanes?
I'm also Yoruba, but a reasonable one. Stop being stupid.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by meccone: 5:49am On May 15, 2016
freeDR:
I'm also Yoruba, but a reasonable one. Stop being stupid.
you will continue to be a wise person. what he did was completely unnecessary....

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by flokii: 8:15am On May 15, 2016
They'll rather blame Tinubu

Funny set of people

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by loomer: 8:18am On May 15, 2016
This na the first time I dey see this exact shape of sign for road since I know wetin signs mean

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by zizirecords(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2016
Intellect20:
Good work by the Governor. Aba must be restored to its original master plan!

Aba remains the most planned city in Nigeria in terms of street grid/road network...near perfect grid as seen with most western countries!

Aba google street grid image below!

I think you forgot that Aba is the fifth most polluted city on earth. Onitsha is number one globally.

4 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Armstrong34(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2016
may thunder strike Rochas WHReva he is.........for embezzling IMO state fund for his personal greediness and selfishness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by luciouscookie: 8:21am On May 15, 2016
zizirecords:

I think you forgot that Aba is the fifth most polluted city on earth. Onitsha is number one globally.
Yes we know. Tell us something new undecided
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2016
Ogadimma..BrownRoofRepublicans will not like this innovation..God bless this new working Governor Ikpeazu

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by FuroGintle(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2016
Intellect20:
Good work by the Governor. Aba must be restored to its original master plan!

Aba remains the most planned city in Nigeria in terms of street grid/road network...near perfect grid as seen with most western countries!

Aba google street grid image below!
seconded
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by buchilino(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2016
LoveMachine:
You people ruin every thread! Why can't it ever just be congrats to one another that our cities are finally receiveing proper care and governance? Instead it degenerates into a pissing contest of who's locale is worse.

I'm happy for my family in Aba. I see you shining.

MY BROTHER DIS IS D OUTCOME WEN PARENTS ALLOW CHILDREN ACCESS TO D INTERNET. THEY START BLABBING ABOUT

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by FuroGintle(m): 8:24am On May 15, 2016
But d gov should remember ph rd, dat place z in a state of dileama
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by LoveMachine(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2016
buchilino:

MY BROTHER DIS IS D OUTCOME WEN PARENTS ALLOW CHILDREN ACCESS TO D INTERNET. THEY START BLABBING ABOUT

I CONCUR!
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Generalyemi(m): 8:33am On May 15, 2016
nice.....some people in this country ...
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:36am On May 15, 2016
YorubaHighness:
Ibadan roads with sidewalk

fake pix spotted, the first pix is not Ibadan but ketu in Lagos. That building is a computer school at the ketu/ojota interchange. See the BRT lane

12 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by magicminister: 8:37am On May 15, 2016
[size=13pt]The roads don't look like they will last 5 years.
Anyway, quarter bread is better than none.
[/size]
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Abagworo(m): 8:38am On May 15, 2016
MyX1:
Is this not the same Aba that people said there is nothing to write home about?

A lot still needs to be done. Only those familiar with pre-2015 Aba can appreciate the work done so far.

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by nuelzy: 8:40am On May 15, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
fake pix spotted, the first pix is not Ibadan but ketu in Lagos. That building is a computer school at the ketu/ojota interchange. See the BRT lane
bursted grin gringrin

7 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Afrok(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2016
The truth of the matter is how can Nigeria develop and our leaders stop playing us like balls, if an ordinary thread can be filled with needless comparisons, hate and tribalism like this. I just dey shake my heads for some people that are yet to cross the boundary of their villages, if u cross Niger bridge often, from West to East and vice versa, u won't compare any development but hammer it into the ears of our leaders to do more.

It's a shame, the developments other countries have passed are what we decides to celebrate with hateful tribalistic words, spits and walks out of thread angry.

2 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:47am On May 15, 2016
nuelzy:
bursted grin gringrin
if you look at the pix closely, you will notice a signpost carrying heritage, its heritage park in Lagos where Tinubu and co carried out their protest when GEK removed subsidy in 2012. Some people can lie sha

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Afrok(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2016
Abagworo:

A lot still needs to be done. Only those familiar with pre-2015 Aba can appreciate the work done so far.
Well said...
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Nobody: 8:48am On May 15, 2016
meccone:
you will continue to be a wise person. what he did was completely unnecessary....

same here bro. I have cautioned him before, most of his posts make Yorubas look insecure. I am not happy.

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by meeky007(m): 8:49am On May 15, 2016
renowned biochemist, teacher and a highly acknowledged Public Servant, was born on October 18, 1964, to the family of late Pa Ishmael and Deaconess Bessie Ikpeazu of Umuebere in Umuobiakwa village, Isialaukwu, Mbato Autonomous Community in Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State, Nigeria. Dr. Ikpeazu attended Amaise Central Primary School, Umuobiakwa. In 1973, while in primary five, he gained admission into Eziama High School, Aba and later moved to Ihie High School, Isiala Ngwa where he took his School certificate examination in 1979. In 1980, at the age of 16, he gained admission into the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) to study Clinical Biochemistry and graduated with a B.Sc. (Hons.) Second Class Upper Division in August, 1984. From August 1984 to August 1985, Dr. Ikpeazu served as a clinical biochemist in the medical laboratory of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RS I WONDA HW MUCH IKPEAZU PAID U TO WRITE DIS RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Afrok(m): 8:50am On May 15, 2016
Abagworo:

My brother I can't forget my experience in 2014 at Faulks road after heavy downpour, no difference between the road and drainage and I fell inside the drainage that swallowed me up to my neck level, if I were to be short or a child, that would've been the end. I had to lift myself up, continued my journey with pitiful voices of sorry everywhere.

That's just one of the experiences out of many... what am trying to say is, if past administrations had done something like this, we won't be going back to square one like this gov't is doing now. I'll enter Aba sooner or later, to see things myself.

God Bless Abia State
God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Yseone(m): 8:50am On May 15, 2016
So even in this 21st century, this Abia state Gov Ikpeazu & Setraco doesn't know what is Innovation? Pls they should visit other states to see what a road project looks like...how can you construct road in this era yet no pedestrian path, the drainage system not even up to 4ft considering how clean Aba is & the population...sombori sud tell that man that he has done anything yet.

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by skinflint(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2016
I'm yet to see 'congrats to Abia State and his excellency Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu' from other tribes. Instead, you guys keep posting photos from your states in a bid not to be left out; that is sheer hate and jealousy. Really, ONE NIGERIA is a fraud. May God continue to prosper Abia State and strengthen their humble governor Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu.

3 Likes

Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by nuelzy: 8:52am On May 15, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
if you look at the pix closely, you will notice a signpost carrying heritage, its heritage park in Lagos where Tinubu and co carried out their protest when GEK removed subsidy in 2012. Some people can lie sha
gringrin....lmfao cheesy
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by M400(f): 8:56am On May 15, 2016
That change has not gotten to port Harcourt Road which is a major road.
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by Nobody: 8:59am On May 15, 2016
YorubaHighness:

I don't respond to noise. Major or non-major roads, new roads needs to start having sidewalks.

Will you be happy if government should demolish all the houses belonging to your family simply because they want to upgrade to 2016 standard of building road with sidewalks in streets that wasn't there at the original master plan.. Will you?
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by chimaobinelson(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2016
UNTILL PORTHARCOURT ROAD WHICH IS THE NUMBER 1 MAJOR ROAD WITH THOUSANDS OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES GOIN ON IN ABA IS CONSTRUCTED,THE GOVNOR N ALL D SENATES REPING THEM ARE BIG JOKES
Re: Current State Of Aba Roads, Credits To Governor Okezie Ikpeazu : Photos by InvertedHammer: 9:06am On May 15, 2016
/
Good initiatives.

Poor planning.

Poor delivery.

As much as I will like the government to patronize local contractors, most of them have no idea about the science and engineering of road construction. Arab Contractors or CCC would have delivered a good job. These Aba roads even though better than they were are shameful to behold.
\

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nenadi Usman Down With Breast Cancer, Begs Court To Travel / Yusuf Lasun: Picture Of The Day From Osun APC Direct Primary Election / "I Came Into Office In 2005" - Buhari Said While Addressing Ekiti People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.