Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? (29158 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

@ Fhemmmy, @ r231

I know you have good reasons to want to know! But I just dont want to say. Like I said in one of my posts, I'm confortable! I consider any man more comofortable than I am, a rich man. If I marry someone I'm better than, I'll always feel like he's not man enough for me. Not because I'm too rich, but because any guy I'm better than is . . . well, he's not rich. cheesy cheesy

As for dating . . . I dont even date rich guys, I go for the bastardly rich grin grin

Do u think there is any disadvantage in what you looking for?
Turn the table around, would u advice ur brother to marry a lady with such demand and prerequisite as you do for a wife?
be honest
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by gregoro(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dont you know how to use the 'insert quote' button. Your posts are confusing.

Well sorry madam Uju, can u skool me on that?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Turn the table around, would u advice ur brother to marry a lady with such demand and prerequisite as you do for a wife?
be honest

Honestly, I wont advise my brother to marry a lady better than him. I tell my Brothers everyday to go for girls they can take care of. If your wife earns 20k, you should earn 40k and if she earns 50k, u shd earn at least 80k. Its not right for a man to marry a woman that earns 20k when he earns 5k  cheesy
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

Honestly, I wont advise my brother to marry a lady better than him. I tell my Brothers everyday to go for girls they can take care of. If your wife earns 20k, you should earn 40k and if she earns 50k, u shd earn at least 80k. Its not right for a man to marry a woman that earns 20k when he earns 5k  cheesy

well said, but the only thing that is constant is change.
If the man has the potential and he is earning 100k today, with potential and a good wife on his side and behind him, he will surely earn more or even employ someone in the nearest future and pay the employee 100k
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

be honest

well it depends on what is being demanded,
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
Uju is just golddigging bitch. In every relationship, there is something would like but you have to deal with it. What happen if you find this man and do not have the quality in bed room, what you do. Break up and go to another sucker? Ashawo.

If you want to know who is this lunatic, I will tell you and this lunatic is you worst nightmare ashawo. So many people ask you questions and you are running/shying to answer them. NYC mayor is rich but do not have this things your are looking for so how do you expect 28 to 30 who still in school to have them. The man has be crinimal for you. I wish I know how to write in urhobo and I could have cause you tinny ass out in my language. you fuckin bitch is the one that make men to sacrify their happy not even in name of love. Nonces
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
r231:

well it depends on what is being demanded,

Then, break it down for me according to what you know and think
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

well said, but the only thing that is constant is change.
If the man has the potential and he is earning 100k today, with potential and a good wife on his side and behind him, he will surely earn more or even employ someone in the nearest future and pay the employee 100k

Yes! But how do you judge a man with a good potential? My cousin married a 36 yr old guy that was still taking a part time course in one of the Universities. She keeps saying he had potentials and all I can think is how? The guy's 36 yrs old for Christ sakes. What was he doing when his mates were going to school?

For me to see potentials in a guy, I need to know what you have on ground first  grin  grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

see you are wrong very very wrong, to you every thing is money and its not all about money so far he is bringing to the table and she is bringing to the table as well if married the whole money is all coming to one household anyways so try and rethink
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

Uju is just golddigging bitch. In every relationship, there is something would like but you have to deal with it. What happen if you find this man and do not have the quality in bed room, what you do. Break up and go to another sucker? Ashawo.

If you want to know who is this lunatic, I will tell you and this lunatic is you worst nightmare ashawo. So many people ask you questions and you are running/shying to answer them. NYC mayor is rich but do not have this things your are looking for so how do you expect 28 to 30 who still in school to have them. The man has be crinimal for you. I wish I know how to write in urhobo and I could have cause you tinny ass out in my language. you fuckin bitch is the one that make men to sacrify their happy not even in name of love. Nonces

You are a fine one to talk aint you? Why am I even dignifying your silly posts with a respones?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

Yes! But how do you judge a man with a good potential? My cousin married a 36 yr old guy that was still taking a part time course in one of the Universities. She keeps saying he had potentials and all I can think is how? The guy's 36 yrs old for Christ sakes. What was he doing when his mates were going to school?

For me to see potentials in a guy, I need to know what you have on ground first  grin  grin

With the kinda university we run in Nigeria, where only the one that are from rich dada and mama can afford to go to "functional" university, it is possible for someone to get his/her degree at an age older than usual.
Now the man at 36 that is doing part time schooling at university, what is he doing that he is not schooling full time, does he have a Job? else, what occupies his time while not in school/
if he has a job, why cant the wife, work with him and see how they can make him do something that will bring out the potentials in him, he can market stuff, he can start a small biz, there are so many opportunities in Nigeria.
However, there is a thin line between laziness and "waiting for my potential" and " God will provide"
I hate laziness, but dont be too quick to judge people.
So what can be on ground as you put it, doesnt have to be money in his account and landed properties, it could be skill, and contacts, cos with those well refined, it could turn into gold
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

cus your cousin LOVES AND BELIEVE IN D GUY, jus cus u don't believe in him don't mean nothing I am sure there is a reason why he is just going to school now so u can't blame pple for dat come on now
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

With the kinda university we run in Nigeria, where only the one that are from rich dada and mama can afford to go to "functional" university, it is possible for someone to get his/her degree at an age older than usual.
Now the man at 36 that is doing part time schooling at university, what is he doing that he is not schooling full time, does he have a Job? else, what occupies his time while not in school/
if he has a job, why cant the wife, work with him and see how they can make him do something that will bring out the potentials in him, he can market stuff, he can start a small biz, there are so many opportunities in Nigeria.
However, there is a thin line between laziness and "waiting for my potential" and " God will provide"
So what can be on ground as you put it, doesnt have to be money in his account and landed properties, it could be skill, and contacts, cos with those well refined, it could turn into gold

well said
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
r231:

cus your cousin LOVES AND BELIEVE IN D GUY, jus cus u don't believe in him don't mean nothing I am sure there is a reason why he is just going to school now so u can't blame pple for dat come on now

Some are lazy, i will admit, but at least, he has started doing something positive, but what is the dude doing while not in school, hope he has a job and not depending on the wife to feed him with food and nite duty too
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by gregoro(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
come uju dis one wey u just dey talk of so so money, make we even see ur pic sef so we go know if u realy worth the much talked about money or not, well i no blame u, afterall na so igbo girls be. dem too like money and anything dem see rich bobo na so dem eyes go dey bulge like say e wan fall from the socket like this shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
Uju or what should I call you I am sure you live in Nigeria underwise, your head is not corrrect. Since you do not date the rich but super rich, you are the kind of woman who make ordinary Nigeria go hungry and swim in high extreme poverty day and night because the money that meant for the mases, go into you bank account. You be dating only politician because they are the only one who can use the public money to satisfy you needs. Shame on you. You will surely get what you are bagaining for. Mark my word.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
gregoro:

come uju dis one wey u just dey talk of so so money, make we even see ur pic sef so we go know if u realy worth the much talked about money or not, well i no blame u,  afterall na so igbo girls be. dem too like money and anything dem see rich bobo na so dem eyes go dey bulge like say e wan fall from the socket like this  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

just tell the babe that u wanna do
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Some are lazy, i will admit, but at least, he has started doing something positive, but what is the dude doing while not in school, hope he has a job and not depending on the wife to feed him with food and nite duty too

we can't really judge on what she said, its only if the wife is complaining about it u knw pples situation are diff maybe he wasn't brought up with silver spoon in his mouth and he feels like now is time for him to do it and if his wife supports him 100% then no problem

what uju wants is , she don't want to craw, she just want to straight on WALKING.

@uju

whats your age range pls not the exact age but btw what and what 20-25, 25-30 or what
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

Uju or what should I call you I am sure you live in Nigeria underwise, your head is not corrrect. Since you do not date the rich but super rich, you are the kind of woman who make ordinary Nigeria go hungry and swim in high extreme poverty day and night because the money that meant for the mases, go into you bank account. You be dating only politician because they are the only one who can use the public money to satisfy you needs. Shame on you. You will surely get what you are bagaining for. Mark my word.

na fight?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
r231:

we can't really judge on what she said, its only if the wife is complaining about it u knw pples situation are diff maybe he wasn't brought up with silver spoon in his mouth and he feels like now is time for him to do it and if his wife supports him 100% then no problem

what uju wants is , she don't want to craw, she just want to straight on WALKING.

@uju

whats your age range pls not the exact age but btw what and what 20-25, 25-30 or what

I agreed with you and that is why i asked her what the guy does while not in school.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
OvieE:

hehehehehehe!!! I go die o!!! ur head is not correct LMAO!!!
when last have I heard that??
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
aysometin:

hehehehehehe!!! I go die o!!! ur head is not correct LMAO!!!
when last have I heard that??

same reaction when i read it.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by lbotus(f): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ Poster

Yes

Yes when u set that as a criteria for marriage cos u might bcome an old woman with lots of grey hair while waiting for the rich guy within the ages of 28-30 with landed property.am not saying,u shud settle for a poor church rat that isn't sure of 3 square meals a day,i mean good meal.
Atleast couples grow with time.the "average guy" u marry today can become a multibilloniare in future.so why not sow where u can reap and not reap where u didn't sow ?undecided
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by demure: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
well is not wrong but mind the type of richness u mean cos hehehe
whatever u do u ask God to help u to get a husband of ur desire. cool
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Fhemmmy

personally dis is what I think no offence intended to whom it may concern, the way she is talking like i want dis and dat. The pple dat normally talk like dat are pple dat have never seen money b4 and are looking for the best opportunity to get their hands on it and she feel like as a woman since I have 2 boobs, an ass then dat can bring the riches dat my family can survive on, PERIOD
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Even with our University system, a guy that's still in school at the age of 30, for me is not an average guy. He is below average. Of course there could be some circumastances that can be excused, but generally, its not acceptable to me.

@ 30, a guy should be looking to start his family (even with the Nigeria system) and how can he do that if he dosent have all those thinsg I listed. A guy that's still struggling to get there at 35 is a mediocre as far as I'm concerned. Not that I judge them, I just dont want to end up with them!

r231:

@Fhemmmy

personally dis is what I think no offence intended to whom it may concern, the way she is talking like i want dis and dat. The pple dat normally talk like dat are pple dat have never seen money b4 and are looking for the best opportunity to get their hands on it and she feel like as a woman since I have 2 boobs, an ass then dat can bring the riches dat my family can survive on, PERIOD

No, that's not the case here. Fine, I've been exposed to money, but my wants come from the kind of life I want to live. I'm going to take my husband places for sure, but I need to feel he's worth it to bgin with.

Contrary to what you guys think, I'm not and will never be a burden to any man. My family will survive with or without my hubbyu's money. I'll just feel better if he has the money.  wink
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by adaku123(f): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
r231:

You are exactly on point!!! The messages really make her sound like a never-had-money-grab-all-i-can-get!!! But i think she's just having a lafff!! grin grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

Even with our University system, a guy that's still in school at the age of 30, for me is not an average guy. He is below average. Of course there could be some circumastances that can be excused, but generally, its not acceptable to me.

@ 30, a guy should be looking to start his family (even with the Nigeria system) and how can he do that if he dosent have all those thinsg I listed. A guy that's still struggling to get there at 35 is a mediocre as far as I'm concerned. Not that I judge them, I just dont want to end up with them!

No, that's not the case here. Fine, I've been exposed to money, but my wants come from the kind of life I want to live. I'm going to take my husband places for sure, but I need to feel he's worth it to bgin with.

Contrary to what you guys think, I'm not and will never be a burden to any man. My family will survive with or without my hubbyu's money. I'll just feel better if he has the money.  wink

WHATS YOUR AGE RANGE PLS if i may ask
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
Uju dont answer the age question.

The response is already predictable.
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
adaku123:

You are exactly on point!!! The messages really make her sound like a never-had-money-grab-all-i-can-get!!! But i think she's just having a lafff!! grin grin

You are wrong. I'm not even asking for wealthy and you guys are blabbing!!

On the other hand, maybe you r right, maybe I'm having a laff right now  cheesy  cheesy

r231:

WHATS YOUR AGE RANGE PLS if i may ask

That's not important. Like I said earlier, I'm not asking for anything I'm not already. @ 30, I should be bastardly rich sef  grin  grin
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by OvieE: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
Uju what ever you are, so what would you say about people in their fifties that still in school in USA?
Re: Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? by r231(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ujujoan:

You are wrong. I'm not even asking for wealthy and you guys are blabbing!!

On the other hand, maybe you r right, maybe I'm having a laff right now  cheesy  cheesy

That's not important. Like I said earlier, I'm not asking for anything I'm not already. @ 30, I should be bastardly rich sef  grin  grin

if dats d case den u don't need no man den since u dat rich u can buy u any man you want at any time and dispose him wen u finish, lol

was jus asking bout the age thing cus i want to knw if i am talking to a girl or a lady

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? / What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help! / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.