Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Alleged Satanic Verses - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alleged Satanic Verses (9567 Views)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Quran Verses Appear On Miracle Baby In Dangestan Russia(pix Included) / Miracle Baby Born In Russia With Quranic Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2009
Tudór:

You muslims never cease to amaze me with your hypocrisy and gross ignorance. . . . .if salman rushdie was lying then why bother to place a fatuwa on him. It only shows he's speaking truth and it pains you islamists like hell just as it pains you that i'm asking this question. . . .ha ha ha ha

Your question doesn't pain me in any way.

I only wanna discuss issues in civil, matured and rational manner, i.e. without name calling, using swearing words, derogatory terms and the likes.

And I could continue with it if you would heed to that.

Thanks
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2009
muhsin:

Your question doesn't pain me in any way.

I only wanna discuss issues in civil, matured and rational manner, i.e. without name calling, using swearing words, derogatory terms and the likes.

And I could continue with it if you would heed to that.

Thanks
S pare me the undiluted crap abeg!
When i asked the question did i use any derogatory term?
It was simple and straight forward, all you could do was run with your tail in between your legs. . .ha ha

It's crystal clear you're pained and uncomfortable with the question even though you try to cover up with your self-righteous rant. . . .keep crying and you could declare a fatuwa on me. . . .i honestly don't care!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
Tudór:

S pare me the undiluted crap abeg!
When i asked the question did i use any derogatory term?
It was simple and straight forward, all you could do was run with your tail in between your legs. . .ha ha

It's crystal clear you're pained and uncomfortable with the question even though you try to cover up with your self-righteous rant. . . .keep crying and you could declare a fatuwa on me. . . .i honestly don't care!

If you really don't why did you care to read and reply to the threads.

Don't fool yourself, dude.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2009
muhsin:

If you really don't why did you care to read and reply to the threads.

Don't fool yourself, dude.
Is islam synonimous with illiteracy?. . . .yes it is and you are a testimony. . . .statistics even prove it.

I don't care if you declare a fatwa or cry i'll keep asking the question!

Why was there a threat on salman rushdies life if he was lying?
Stop shamefully evading this simple question. . . .why is it so painful for thee?
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2009
a liar who tells fantastic lie may receive fantastic anger from the person(s) who says the lie was hulled at him! imagine 1.5 billion angry people. ayatullah khomeini as far as i know was not the leader of the whole 1.5 billion people.granted he was the leader of his people, maybe that of the minority shia, worldwide, Islam is more than that!and people react to things in many different ways, extreme emotion, all the way to the mildest of process; patience and calmness. there is what we call follow the leader syndrome among man, and those who wanted salman's life snuffed off may be in that kind of process, anger and mindset.

look, the Quran that we all share, same text, and everything, some have a different personal meaning from it. a good example is the temporary marriage, which is practiced by the Shia, because they ignore the injunctions against sexual intercourse outside marriage that is not arranged based on lust, desire of ulterior motives! khomeini knew why he placed a bounty of Rushdie's head.

if i were in position to determine what to do, i will rather would have had a public forum whereby salman would have been forced to tell us what and where and which and how and when (about) the so called satanic verses? was it abrogated and how did he know about them? i thought it would have served a better purpose to have put salman to shame because his lack of proper answers would have had a different effect than what you came out with. if there is abrogation what was the original and what is the abrogation and where do they differ? if there was abrogation, we should remove the abrogation and for academic exercise put what was abrogated and consider if it fits like what you call "the replacement".

you know when i was told that some nigerians ran the young woman nigerian journalist out of the country, i was personally disappointed. the muslims in nigeria should have organised a forum where she should have been asked why she said what she was reported to have said? finally on that woman's issue, she herself probably had wished she was as pretty as the contestants and definitely good enough for Muhammad (AS), to marry her! my proof; afterall, ojukwu is not known enough beyond nigerian boundary, yet see how he was able to catch bianca without any real effort? the journalist is not as popular as bianca nor as pretty, I can snatch her just like that, yet am nobody, and neither is ojukwu, compared to the noblest of person, the leader of mankind, and that includes free, not free and even oppressed societies/worlds, the one who led Jesus and adam, etc and indeed jibril (S) in prostrating to the Creator, right from there, masjid Aqsa in jerusalem!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2009
Tudór:

Is islam synonimous with illiteracy?. . . .yes it is and you are a testimony. . . .statistics even prove it.

Stop shamefully evading this simple question. . . .why is it so painful for thee?

Who is illiterate? Funny, indeed.

What statistics? You atheists'? No wonder.

Better quit advertising your illiteracy while foolishly referring it to someone.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2009
muhsin:

Who is illiterate? Funny, indeed.

What statistics? You atheists'? No wonder.

Better quit advertising your illiteracy while foolishly referring it to someone.

Illiteracy reigns supreme in the muslim world. . . .google is your friend!

Pls answer the question and stop crying all over the place.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2009
Tudór:

Illiteracy reigns supreme in the muslim world. . . .google is your friend!

Pls answer the question and stop crying all over the place.

But I didn't know google can function like human!

Where is Nezan? You've been debating with google. LOL grin

BTW, let me re-iterate it once again: no religion on this earth condone blasphemy. Period!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by MadMax1(f): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2009
'Mo'? I don laugh tire. grin Really interesting thread.Muhsin and Nezan make good reading. Popped in cos I thought it meant Rushdie's book,but I've learned something new. I'll def be checking out this Al-tabari's writing. Evolutionary psychology might bear him out. It makes it easy to see which holy writings are genuine,and which patent fabrications. About time I read the Quran in full too.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2009
muhsin:

But I didn't know google can function like human!

Where is Nezan? You've been debating with google. LOL grin

BTW, let me re-iterate it once again: no religion on this earth condone blasphemy. Period!
Does that condone declaring for the death of a human being?
You people are such savage barabarians. . . .gosh!

The blasphemous movie da vinci code came out and christians didn't call for the death of the director, madonna made a mockery of the crucifiction of jesus during her concerts severally, no one made an attempt or threatened her life. . . . . Tell me, why are muslims so irked by salman rushdie that they had to threaten his life if he's not speaking the truth.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by akigbemaru: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
Islam "the religion of peace destruction. LMAO.

@Poster,
You made a mistake, you should have written in Arabic if you really want to pass your Isman- bad asses to grab your point, because I knew you hate anything Western which we love with passions. . tongue tongue tongue
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Daji31: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2009
Tudór:

To curb human excesses, Laws are made. There is no absolute freedom anywhere. It may be emphasized but not actual. Even the court holds people responsible if they give false allegations. People cannot just rise up to say things to mislead people.

Imagine a famous press house reporting the death of a president of a country falsely and when they made to face the law, they simply declare that the are exercising their freedom of speech.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2009
Daji31:

To curb human excesses, Laws are made. There is no absolute freedom anywhere. It may be emphasized but not actual. Even the court holds people responsible if they give false allegations. People cannot just rise up to say things to mislead people.

Imagine a famous press house reporting the death of a president of a country falsely and when they made to face the law, they simply declare that the are exercising their freedom of speech.

What are you blabbing on about?
Cant you read?
Question is why was salman rushdie's life threatened if he was not telling the truth and you're going on about law. . . .damn!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Daji31: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2009
If he was accused of blasphemy, it does not mean he was telling the truth. Blasphemy is defined as language expressing disbelief or disapproved beliefs, or ridiculing religious figures or symbols.

If one is guilty of blasphemy, then there are always laws to guide human excesses because we live in a society were some people are irrational, hence there are laws to check.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Daji31: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2009
Tudór:

What are you blabbing on about?
Cant you read?
Question is why was salman rushdie's life threatened if he was not telling the truth and you're going on about law. . . .damn!

May I kindly interprete your assertion to mean when people make false allegation seriously, no one should be concerned.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Daji31: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2009
@ Tudor

Awaiting your response for further clarification as I'll soon be out. Quite nice exchanging views with you.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2009
Daji31:

May I kindly interprete your assertion to mean when people make false allegation seriously, no one should be concerned.
Hmmm. . . .you're right to be concerned and air your greiviances in such cases. . . . The innocent and sensible thing to do is to point out the falsehood contained in the statements. BUT going to the extremes of ordering for the assasination of the "offender" is quite suspicious and smirks of a cover up. . .
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2009
Mad_Max:

'Mo'? I don laugh tire. grin Really interesting thread.Muhsin and Nezan make good reading. Popped in cos I thought it meant Rushdie's book,but I've learned something new. I'll def be checking out this Al-tabari's writing. Evolutionary psychology might bear him out. It makes it easy to see which holy writings are genuine,and which patent fabrications. About time I read the Quran in full too.

Jarir Al-Tabari is a renowned historian. Its just unfortunate that he reported that, although he openly distance himself from any falsity, fabrication or inauthenticity of the saying and refer them to his source. I mean to say he'd faithfully transmitted whatever he received.

And Allah, the Exalted, knows best.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
Tudór:

Does that condone declaring for the death of a human being?
You people are such savage barabarians. . . .gosh!

The blasphemous movie da vinci code came out and christians didn't call for the death of the director, madonna made a mockery of the crucifiction of jesus during her concerts severally, no one made an attempt or threatened her life. . . . . Tell me, why are muslims so irked by salman rushdie that they had to threaten his life if he's not speaking the truth.

Maybe Brown or Madonna had talked true and maybe not. And Christianity and Islam have different code and conduct, for they are two different things. Thus can't function in the same way and manner.

BTW, let me repeat what's being discussed here (for I realized you are so myopic, you are yet to read anything clearly): there are NO Satanic Verses. Thats why even the title of the thread reads Alleged Satanic Verses.

Thanks
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2009
akigbemaru:

Islam "the religion of peace destruction. LMAO.

@Poster,
You made a mistake, you should have written in Arabic if you really want to pass your Isman- bad asses to grab your point, because I knew you hate anything Western which we love with passions. . tongue tongue tongue

Are your words related to this OP? Wonder o!

Any way, let me ask you a question on the part (in bold) I get: how did you know?
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
muhsin:

Maybe Brown or Madonna had talked true and maybe not. And Christianity and Islam have different code and conduct, for they are two different things. Thus can't function in the same way and manner.

BTW, let me repeat what's being discussed here (for I realized you are so myopic, you are yet to read anything clearly): there are NO Satanic Verses. Thats why even the title of the thread reads Alleged Satanic Verses.

Thanks
You're such an embarrassing joke!
First you declared that NO religion tolerates blasphemy I brought out instances to expose your shameless two-faced lie then you divert to "they have different code of conduct"- what the hell is that?

From what we have seen in salman rushdie's case and in the muslim world in general it's quite clear the "code of conduct" of islam is to kill, murder, rape, behead and amputate. Also most religions attribute the aforementioned code as the forte of the evil one/ dark one/satan/devil/Esu/Ekwensu. . . . We do not need any satanic verse to show that Allah = Satan. QED
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2009
Tudór:

You're such an embarrassing joke!
First you declared that NO religion tolerates blasphemy I brought out instances to expose your shameless two-faced lie then you divert to "they have different code of conduct"- what the hell is that?

I still repeat it: no religion accept blasphemy. If is there (or Christianity, as you gave example) why the uproar after Dan Brown's novel? Why and why? No smoke without fire.

Tudór:

From what we have seen in salman rushdie's case and in the muslim world in general it's quite clear the "code of conduct" of islam is to kill, murder, rape, behead and amputate. Also most religions attribute the aforementioned code as the forte of the evil one/ dark one/satan/devil/Esu/Ekwensu. . . . We do not need any satanic verse to show that Allah = Satan. QED

Well. . .thats your forte I realized. Calling names, using swearing words and the likes. Keep it up.

You atheist are nothing other than mad people. And everybody knows that fact.

No Satanic Verses in the Qur'an, I repeat. tongue
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
muhsin:

I still repeat it: no religion accept blasphemy. If is there (or Christianity, as you gave example) why the uproar after Dan Brown's novel? Why and why? No smoke without fire.

They aired their criticisms reasonably by countering what dan brown said with the TRUTH no violence or threats.
Why go to the extent of ordering for the death of salman rushdie?
Like I said, it smirks of a cover-up to hide the truth. . . .so yes, the satanic verses do exist!

Well. . .thats your forte I realized. Calling names, using swearing words and the likes. Keep it up.

You atheist are nothing other than mad people. And everybody knows that fact.

No Satanic Verses in the Qur'an, I repeat. tongue
You got that right. . .Atheists are mad for the TRUTH!
We stand against savage and barbaric delusions spread by islam and the rest.
And oh, the satanic verses are TRUE. tongue
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2009
Tudór:

They aired their criticisms reasonably by countering what dan brown said with the TRUTH no violence or threats.
Why go to the extent of ordering for the death of salman rushdie?
Like I said, it smirks of a cover-up to hide the truth. . . .so yes, the satanic verses do exist!
You got that right. . .Atheists are mad for the TRUTH!
We stand against savage and barbaric delusions spread by islam and the rest.
And oh, the satanic verses are TRUE. tongue

Prove them. Simple. grin
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Muhsin;

While Muhammad was in Mecca, his followers were few, his movement grew painfully slowly and he, too, felt the pain of estrangement from his tribe. According to early and treasured biographical and historical accounts of Muhammad, authored by competent Muslim scholars (such as writings of at-Tabari and Ibn Sa’d), Muhammad longed for better relations and reconciliation with his community. Thereafter, the accounts continue, God revealed Surah 53 to Muhammad up to and including vss. 19, 20. These two verses read:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza
And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

Then, originally, the verses (known today as the satanic verses) followed:

These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries)
Whose intercession is to be hoped for.

The cranes whose intercession was recognized were, of course, the three deities. The same accounts tell us that after this revelation was completed, Muhammad, his followers and the pagan Arabs all prostrated. Tensions eased, reconciliation was at hand, and all were delighted.

But Muhammad soon retracted the reconciliation—how soon is not clear. For the account continues that Jibril (Gabriel), the angel of revelation, informed Muhammad that Satan had used Muhammad's desire for reconciliation with the pagan leaders to insert into the revelation of God the verses about the interceding cranes, otherwise called "the satanic verses". The verses which follow, not the satanic verses, serve as the proper sequence to 53:19,20 (above):

Are yours the males and His the females?
That indeed were an unfair division! (53:21,22)

In other words: When you Arabs have sons (whom you prefer to daughters!), how unfair of you to say that God has daughters! The idea of a plurality of gods or goddesses or sons or daughters of God is ridiculous. God alone is God. The three goddesses are false.

Two other passages from the Qur'an are considered to have reference to the compromise between Muhammad and the Arabs, and Muhammad's eventual rejection of it. The first reads:

And they indeed strove to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We (God) have inspired thee, that thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend.
And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little.
Then had We made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou found no helper against Us. (17:73-75)

The second passage is intended to comfort Muhammad:

Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened –Lo! the evil-doers are in open schism. (22:52,53)

On the basis of these verses especially, the contemporary designation "The Satanic Verses" arises.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Tudor6(f): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
muhsin:

Prove them. Simple. grin
ha ha ha. . . .don't tell me you havent read salman rushdies book the proof is all there in black and whhte.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Nezan: « #88 on: Today at 04:01:44 PM »
@Muhsin;

While Muhammad was in Mecca, his followers were few, his movement grew painfully slowly and he, too, felt the pain of estrangement from his tribe. According to early and treasured biographical and historical accounts of Muhammad, authored by competent Muslim scholars (such as writings of at-Tabari and Ibn Sa’d), Muhammad longed for better relations and reconciliation with his community. Thereafter, the accounts continue, God revealed Surah 53 to Muhammad up to and including vss. 19, 20. These two verses read:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

Then, originally, the verses (known today as the satanic verses) followed:

Cranes? Crane could only be bird, in those day, and not building equipments. No? Well then, we know that the type of birds in Makka were the small type, because it a desert, and it will be impossible for a large bird to exist in desert. My proof of what was in makka was the birds described in Surah of the Elephant as very tiny birds. So crane, a giant bird is not possible to exist in desert makka! Further, there was nothing that was on this earth mentioned in the Quran that was not made available to the makkans, exept your phanthon "Cranes!" So this disproves your hypothesis!

The cranes whose intercession was recognized were, of course, the three deities. The same accounts tell us that after this revelation was completed, Muhammad, his followers and the pagan Arabs all prostrated. Tensions eased, reconciliation was at hand, and all were delighted.
If Islam was to destroy adulatory, and speak strictly about One Singular God capable of all things, it behoves me and true believers that no sooner that it proposed that idea, which is the reason that his Uncle Abi Lahab became his enemy, because of this along with Abu Hisham known as Abu jahal than he will turn around and incorprated this same idolatory into the same religion?

Where is the sense in this, unless he was a hypocrite, always, a liar before. Neither of these qualities he emitted before his brand of Islam, and we do not read that he was after it, so your crane as deity for the individual idols of the pagan does not make any sense. By the way there is a surah known as Kafiruun, which addressed the issue of the pagans of Makka trying to get him to compromise his religion along with them coming to that same religion! This surah destroys single handedly the thought of what you posted above!

Islam destoys intercession of anything as intercessor, the same reason we argue with your concept of Jesus as a salvation or intercession person on your behalf. Finally, every where that prostration is required when you read the Quran is always ending with speaking about Allah directly. There are about 15 places like that, and none of them ends with such ambiguity as you had proposed. Everything is very specific in Islam and I wonder where you and the storytellers that you relied on including Salman Rushdie find this concortion of easy to challege story? Its a vile story, because it is not true. If it has been true then read my follow up below!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
But Muhammad soon retracted the reconciliation—how soon is not clear. For the account continues that Jibril (Gabriel), the angel of revelation, informed Muhammad that Satan had used Muhammad's desire for reconciliation with the pagan leaders to insert into the revelation of God the verses about the interceding cranes, otherwise called "the satanic verses". The verses which follow, not the satanic verses, serve as the proper sequence to 53:19,20 (above):
If this was true, is that not enough as a proof of his prophethood? Jesus received the whispering of Satan who asked him to go commit suicide, then worshipped him, etc. Also he drove him or his cousin John into the wilderness. satan also agitated Moses to kill an innocent person, the reason he ran away from Egypt before he received revelation! Others had the handwork of Satan; Jacob with the help of his mother deceived Isaac, Ibrahim from Islamic position had to stone Satan to get away from him so that he can fulfill the dream of sacrificing his son! I will not mention the son's name here because we will argue about it and thats left for other thread.

In other words: When you Arabs have sons (whom you prefer to daughters!), how unfair of you to say that God has daughters! The idea of a plurality of gods or goddesses or sons or daughters of God is ridiculous. God alone is God. The three goddesses are false.
Then I ask you how do you relate the above verses with the previous ones that you called satanic verses? Is it not true that women are prettier to be considered beautiful much more than males? Angels are described to be beautiful. Things that are good are given to Allah/God, but the pagans at the same time, took the positionthat Allah can take care f His weak beautiful females, while they take the stronger gender as their offsprings, the reason they buried their daughters alive before Islam!

Allah told them that to make choices is an unfair thing, compounding this fact is their saying that daughers belong to Allah while sons are theirs! But is interesting to note that you did not say that these verses were changed, to completely alter the male and female separations by the pagans, which I think is more direct in line of relationship with Allah, if one is to argue it, against the "CRANE" statement, which is clearly a bird, too big to ever existing in a desert!

Two other passages from the Qur'an are considered to have reference to the compromise between Muhammad and the Arabs, and Muhammad's eventual rejection of it. The first reads:
How did Muhammad reject it? Maybe by the very compelling Surah kafiruun!

And they indeed strove to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We (God) have inspired thee, that thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend.
And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little.
Then had We made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou found no helper against Us. (17:73-75)
I wish you pay attention to details. Muhammad was a human being, and though he was already been supported by Allah, he was however humbled as every human should be. On one hand, he was to say to mankind that he was only a human being and should not be looked at as anything more, except as a Human Messenger from his Lord. On the other hand, Allah used Muhammad to correct believers. For example, he shortened asr prayer one time, and when he was told about it, he stood up made 2 more rakah to complete it, then made Sadja saum (forgetful). He then said, Allah made me forget so that He can give you the legislation of how to correct your salah! It is the same thing as when one is corrected in recitation of Quran, during salah. It happened to Muhammad (AS) first, so that people can know what to do when it happens to others!

The second passage is intended to comfort Muhammad:

Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened –Lo! the evil-doers are in open schism. (22:52,53)
If it went as you have indicated, it is another proof that he was a prophet of his Creator, in the same line of all prophets, before him (AS)! Now a more praising statement by his Lord about him is in Surah Surah alamnastra. Allah says in it, about Muhammad (AS) "and you are raised ato the highest place of honor and remembered in the best of companies!" Is this a statement of comfort or just a statement of fact, distinguishing from all others in the community of man, as the leader whose actions are worthy of emulation? Rmember that in Surah baqarah Allah states that Muhammad is the worthy of emulations by the Muslims, while the Muslims by the disbelievers!

On the basis of these verses especially, the contemporary designation "The Satanic Verses" arises.
Which it were true, because what you have said and also like you have said dont make sense! Regardless, however you slice it, he was a prophet (AS), and the correction made by Jibril acording to you proved it so!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 2:06am On Aug 26, 2009
@Nezan and Company. Lets compare the below pieces, indentified as A and B and see which one of them flows, easily, from one line to the other line, give the impression that they are parts of the same story. We have to agree that the Arab pagans already identified the three idols, as daughters of Allah before Muhammad (AS) iconoclastcally began their destructions by the revelations in the Quran, verse by verse. With these in mind, lets begin the sincere analysis of the two portions and be sincere about the 4 verses that look as if they belong together. Thanks.

A). Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

B). Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza

The two last lines from each are different, one set from the other , while the first two lines are common in each set. Hence our concern is on the differences, in relationship with the common verses, the two lines above! The first two verses spea about three elements, idols, which have been deemed by the pagans as daughters, beautiful and hence given to Allah, whereby they themselve, the pagans take the males for themselves. We see that they bur their daughters alive, until islam began to change that culture! We also see that Islam came to destroy idolatory and there is no reason to then honor idols, per see.

But what is interesting about this is not just mentioning the idols in the first part of each set, but the first set was saying that their intercessions were desired, and also call them cranes, a big bird which must be unfamiliar to desert dwellers. However when you look at the second set, you see that it simply discourages the paganist attached high values to these idols and their tradition of killing daughters, and rejecting the females, thereby claiming that they passed on the weaker gender to Allah, and they keep the sons, the more stonger gender for themselves!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2009
@ Olabowale;
No true prophet of God was ever given satanic verses to utter. When Jesus was been tempted by the devil, He was not the one uttering those words, rather, the devil was uttering those words. In mohammed's case, he was overshadowed by the devil and was reciting satanic verses. In the case of Moses, he killed the egyptian before God appeared to him, in order words, he did this before his prophetic calling while in mohammed's case, he uttered satanic verses after his alleged calling(?). No need playing mind games here, alhaji.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2009
Olabowale, all your arguments against the satanic verses should be directed to Al-Tabari and Bin-Sa'd who were VERY renowned islamic scholars. I never authored any hadeeth, did I? It was what your scholars wrote that we are showing you. And I have repeatedly asked you, if the satanic verses saga was a ruse, why declare a fatwa on salman? and dont you start bringing up the topic of shi'te and sunni muslims,,,,,,,,as far as I am concerned, you people read and believe in the same koran and hadeeths.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2009
Thanks Nezan. I often say to people, that the scholars, were/are humans, with ability of humans. If Bukhari (ra) books are without flaws, then it will be rivalling Quran, and Bukhari will at least be as good as the Messenger (AS)! Both conditions are impossible, my reason for saying that what was said about Aisha (RA) age at marriage from her own mouth, without from Muhammad or his presence at the time she said it, could never be accepted as ahadith! I am a minority in this position, but is true, unless ahadith has a different definition, other than what we know it to be; the statement of the prophet, or what he permitted to be stated without any objection.

Tabari and Bin Sa'd, neither was the prophet! Its obvious to me that the word "Crane" will sound strange to the pagans, who are not familiar with from before, as a narrative for their gods that Muhammad (AS), from the get go was intending to destroy. Anyone who knew his life history, prior to the time of aleged "Satanic Verses," will know that it is full of miracles, starting from his father's birth, through his parents becoming husband and wife, through his being half orphan at birth and a full one at nothing older than 6 years old! What was reported of him was that he was always being secured and protected and different from the normal boys in Makka, and no one was surprised when he said he was a holder of revelation, except that they were angry with him for being uncompromising, destroying their paganic tradition only by what was being revealed to him (AS)!

There is no single proof that he bowed to any idol before he became a prophet, and it will be impossible that the same God Who prevented him from such bowing, will now make him do the bowing to idols with revelation in his hand, on his hand and enveloped his heart! One should ask the people who brought about this lie when was it, in the period of revelation that it did happen? Was it immediately he began to tell his people about One God or was it after the Surah Kafiruun was revealed to him, to actually tell the pagans in no uncertain terms that Islam will never comingle with paganism? Or was it after that? When exactly? You will find no time, no place and why and how it could have happened! Interesting that the liars are saying that the satanic verses are in the same surah which gave us vivid picture of his visit to heaven. How unreal, but it is a further proof against tthem as they lie and one can easily read their lies. If they had used Surah Jinn instead of Najm, at least we will have to argue harder than this, a cake walk!

I think I should write a Book titled, " A case against the alleged satanic Verses!"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Beginning To Hate My Husband, Help!!! / Categories Of Martyrs In Islam - Shayk Sulaimon Amubieya / COVID-19: Ogun Muslims To Mark Eid-El-Fitri Under Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.