Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Alleged Satanic Verses - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alleged Satanic Verses (9565 Views)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Quran Verses Appear On Miracle Baby In Dangestan Russia(pix Included) / Miracle Baby Born In Russia With Quranic Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sosisi(f): 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated: Magic was worked on Allah’s Apostle (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) so that he used to think that he had had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not. Then one day he said, "O Aisha, do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I asked Him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. The one near my head asked the other: ‘What is wrong with this man?’ The latter replied, ‘He is under the effect of magic.’ The first one asked, ‘Who has worked magic on him?’ The other replied, ‘Labid bin Al-Asam, a man from Bani Zuraiq who was an ally of the Jews and was a hypocrite.’ The first one asked, ‘What material did he use?’ The other replied, ‘A comb and the hair stuck to it.’"[[/b]14]

Ibn Ishaq also reports that "Labid bin A’sam . . . bewitched the apostle of God so that he could not come at his wives."[15][b] Guillaume adds a note saying that, according to tradition, "the spell lasted for a year."[16]

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/bewitched_prophet.htm
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

we then can deduce that he was under a spell while he wrote pages of all the al Koran
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sosisi(f): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
Nezan:

It is not different, what we are doing is to show that mohammed severally bewitched and uttered satanic verses,,,,,,no true prophet of God was ever bewitched.

Gbam!
and it's been proven already.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by reindeer: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2009
Quite like a classic 'DUI'
Driving Under Influence cheesy or more like writing under influence!WUI cheesy cheesy
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Abuzola(m): 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2009
Thank God the whole hadith was quoted, we saw that God healed his slave (Prophet Muhammad), suratul falaq and nas were revealed upon the incident, if the magic didn't work on the Prophet then suratul falaq and nas wouldn't have been revealed, suratul nas and falaq is a refuge from magic, evil forces and demon. None of the dark forces can near the reciter
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2009
It amazes me how muslims think undecided
Somebody was bewitched and you call him a prophet? It is only satan who bewitches his priests.
Allah allow mohammed to be bewitched, then heals him again,,,,,this implies that Allah is a devil.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 11:42am On Aug 28, 2009
Nezan:

@muhsin,
I told you to ask Ayatollah your framed questions, he was the one that declared a fatwa on Salman for revisiting the satanic verses.

@olabowale and muhsin,
If the satanic verses did not exist, why declare a fatwa on Rushdie?

Neither I or Olabowale is in any position to depend Khomeini's stupid fatwa declaration on Rushdie. And if you are very rational you should have understood that logic and try (I mean try) answering my simple five questions. We can then draw and reason to conclusion as we go on steadily.

Am waiting still for the answers of these five questions. Thanks
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2009
And to you, $Osisi, you are not, at least to me, much worth replying to, for your words are not exactly on the line of the thread. Let us presume he was (Allah forbid) tempted by Satan, why can't you then prove the existence, relevance and incident of the "Satanic" verses we have debating about?
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2009
@muhsin: how dumb of you. You are afraid of explaining Ayatollah's fatwa on Salman who was a muslim like you? how then do you expect me to answer your questions? am I a muslim? did I declare a fatwa on Rushdie? think man, ask your Imam to explain why a fatwa was declared on Rushdie.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2009
Muhsin is not Ayatollah, Nezan! Your action is similar to somebody asking me to explain why the yoruba man, Awolowo did what he did in the 60s, disrespecting many people, like putting his shoes on the head of prostrated Akintola! I cant explain what was in his mind when he did it, so it will be impossible for Muhsin to explain what Ayatollah was thinking to pronounce fatawa of death on Rushdie, a persian , I think, like him!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
Nezan:

@muhsin: how dumb of you. You are afraid of explaining Ayatollah's fatwa on Salman who was a muslim like you? how then do you expect me to answer your questions? am I a muslim? did I declare a fatwa on Rushdie? think man, ask your Imam to explain why a fatwa was declared on Rushdie.

Let me begin by thanking you for your kind sensible and rational first statement. Thats truly the biblical teaching of "love-thy-neighbor" and "turn-thy-cheek". Keep it up. I know other readers would have, before reaching this response of you, understood who really is dumb.

And regarding Khomeini, they man is not a Muslim like me.

Secondly, why only the fatwa declared upon Rushdie authenticate "Satanic" verses? Can you elaborate on that?

Wanna us to reason. Simple. If you can't do that simply, shortly; its not shame, concede/recant. Then the whole issue is finished. Thanks once again.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
@olabowale, the comparison is not accurate. See the scenerio unfolding ,,,,,,,

1. Islamic writers al-Tabari and ibn-Sa'd wrote about satanic verses in their hadeeths.

2. muslims later discredit al-Tabari and ibn-Sa'd's hadeeths for recording the saga of the satanic verses.

3. many years after, an islamic writer produces a fictional novel with the title 'satanic verses'.

4. a muslim supreme ruler in Iran declares a fatwa for revisiting the satanic verses saga and ordered copies of the book to be burnt.

5. islamic countries rose against the author and the fatwa is validated in all islamic countries and copies of the book burnt in all islamic countries and the author seeks and get assylum in a foreign non-islamic country.

How then are you dissociating muslims from Ayatollah's fatwa?
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
olabowale:

Muhsin is not Ayatollah, Nezan! Your action is similar to somebody asking me to explain why the yoruba man, Awolowo did what he did in the 60s, disrespecting many people, like putting his shoes on the head of prostrated Akintola! I cant explain what was in his mind when he did it, so it will be impossible for Muhsin to explain what Ayatollah was thinking to pronounce fatawa of death on Rushdie, a persian , I think, like him!

Only a rational mind could fathom that. Thanks
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
Nezan:

@olabowale, the comparison is not accurate. See the scenerio unfolding ,,,,,,,

1. Islamic writers al-Tabari and ibn-Sa'd wrote about satanic verses in their hadeeths.

2. muslims later discredit al-Tabari and ibn-Sa'd's hadeeths for recording the saga of the satanic verses.

3. many years after, an islamic writer produces a fictional novel with the title 'satanic verses'.

4. a muslim supreme ruler in Iran declares a fatwa for revisiting the satanic verses saga and ordered copies of the book to be burnt.

5. islamic countries rose against the author and the fatwa is validated in all islamic countries and copies of the book burnt in all islamic countries and the author seeks and get assylum in a foreign non-islamic country.

How then are you dissociating muslims from Ayatollah's fatwa?

Had it been you answered my earlier questions, I will straight away address these simple questions.

Olabowale, don't respond, pls. Thanks
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2009
I know you are running to consult your imam cheesy cheesy
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
Funny. I am right here. And my activities on the web could rightly prove it.

Wallahi, i.e. I swear with Almighty God I can answer all your questions right away.

BTW, I give you more than 48 hours to answer the same five (5) questions and you fail, yet you just write five questions whereupon I promptly made it clear had it you answered mine I would have answered them. More over you are falsely and childishly attributing I ran to my imam. What an unfair?!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sosisi(f): 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2009
muhsin:

And to you, $Osisi, you are not, at least to me, much worth replying to, for your words are not exactly on the line of the thread. Let us presume he was (Allah forbid) tempted by Satan, why can't you then prove the existence, relevance and incident of the "Satanic" verses we have debating about?

If Allah's prophet could be bewitched several times and he was under the influence of a demon/demons for a period which the Muslim writings say could be up to 12 months,what other evidence do you need?
Or do you have any proof that Allah suspended his revelations while Mohammed was under the influence of the demons ?
It is a fact that Mohammed was bewitched such that he didn't have control of his proper senses for a while,he hallucinated and imagined things that were not real.
It is therefore not a far fetched idea that Tabari's hadiths are probably correct regarding the satanic verses which you deny.

Was Mohammed ever under the influence of demons? Yes!,according to aisha and several people as recorded by Bukhari's hadiths.

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated: Magic was worked on Allah’s Apostle (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) so that he used to think that he had had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not. Then one day he said, "O Aisha, do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I asked Him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. The one near my head asked the other: ‘What is wrong with this man?’ The latter replied, ‘He is under the effect of magic.’ The first one asked, ‘Who has worked magic on him?’ The other replied, ‘Labid bin Al-Asam, a man from Bani Zuraiq who was an ally of the Jews and was a hypocrite.’ The first one asked, ‘What material did he use?’ The other replied, ‘A comb and the hair stuck to it.’"[14]

Ibn Ishaq also reports that "Labid bin A’sam . . . bewitched the apostle of God so that he could not come at his wives."[15] Guillaume adds a note saying that, according to tradition, "the spell lasted for a year."[16]

what other proof do you need?
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sosisi(f): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
If I were you,I would abandon this topic lest more revelatons be made.
Mohammed also attempted suicide several times proving his mental state
A suicidal man is usually one suffering from a major depression, he hears voices,sees things ,senses and behold thinks no one can.That is classic schizophrenia.
In that state he was capable of anything.
do you need the hadiths to prove the above claim?
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Dr. Osisi, since you are one in real life, what will you say about a person who went to the edge of a cliff, and start saying that he does not wanna tempt God, by jumping off it? This same person came back and said that he was talking to Satan. He later or before said that he does not live on bread alone. When he had an audience he told him Satan was having dialogue with him, again. Then at some point, he related that he had another dialogue with the devil making it the 3rd in a row where this evil being gave him an empty promise that if he bow down in worship to him, the whole world (already created by the Creator, much much earlier) shall be his. He said he refused and said man shall not worship God and marmor!

Now this man you called God. Let me ask you, what happened above to his normal without all the mental conditions that you mentioned? Finally, did you observe that that fellow did not say he was God when the devil said he should worship him to receive the ownership of the whole world that God created? If there were time and place for him to let people know that he was God, that was it and he did not say it, because he knew that Shaitan knew who he was! He was no god!

Osisi, the reason for my last scenerio is to say to you; all those who take him as "god/God", are suffering from all those medical conditions you listed, and on top of them, they are suffering from disbelief!

Wait a minute, Osisi, you call him go/God, and the adage 'physician heal the self does apply here!"
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Abuzola(m): 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2009
The perfect answer i can give to all ur baseless accusation is

Quran 9:51
'Say (O Muhammad) 'nothing shall ever happen to us except what God has ordained for us. He is our Helper and Protector. And in God let the believers put their trust''
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sleek29(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2009
@abuzola, yes allah allows his slaves to be possessed, that's why they marry 9 year olds, kill recklessly, have lots of women, and they even have a demon attache shocked
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 10:02am On Aug 31, 2009
Tempted by the devil is not the same as possesed by a devil.
Jesus was tempted by the devil.
Mohammed was possesed by the devil.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2009
@sleek29: #147 on: Today at 08:12:53 AM »
@abuzola, yes allah allows his slaves to be possessed, that's why they marry 9 year olds, kill recklessly, have lots of women, and they even have a demon attache
Jacob who overcame Biblical "God" and mankind at the time his name was changed to Israel, was possessed, along with his mother as they schemed and took the birthright from Esau. No? Jesus was only a branche in his house; the houses, tribes of people, nations of people under the "House" of Israel. Can we talk about Biblical Abraham who marriedhis half sister, sarah, if you think you can judge when Aisha(AS) a gift Allah to His Messenger (AS) was matured? You must be a funny guy, not realising that Aisha was special and a wife of the Messenger, she became the mother of her own father!

Thats still a child in your eye? And if killing recklessly was the hallmark of Islam, there would not have been a single non-muslim in the greater Middle East and or anywhere Islam dominated; Spain, etc for my illustration and examples. This was the tradition of Israelites, as they marched from city states to ethnic states, killing them all, including the livestocks and cutting down the trees. Just imagine if islam did that, at the time the prophet was dying, could have been a single non-muslim in middle east? Think, man and thats before you become so emotional that you are no making any sense. And today the Jewish tribes, under a common goal with the conservative born again christians wants to "build" Solomon's Temple or is it David's his fathar? Neither men have a wife but wives!

Solomon had 300 concubines, and his legal wives were 700, from your Bible! You are complaining about a man who married legally before he slept with his wives! I will summise that you guys dont even read each other's post when you are bent on attacking Islam. You posted first, but Nezan was bent to score cheap point(s) that he did not modify his post, considering that what he wrote about was already in your post, just above his!

@Nezan (m): « #148 on: Today at 10:02:24 AM »
Tempted by the devil is not the same as possesed by a devil.
Jesus was tempted by the devil.
Mohammed was possesed by the devil.
The common thread is the devil, and possession and temptation, both are at the time under the influence. Its like a person who completely drunk, and the person who is drunk but telling you that he wants to drive home. Both are lethal weapons. At least the one possessed is honest enough to say that he is under the influence, unlike the pretender saying he is being tempted only. I am educating you about the similarity in esence, since you continue to say that Muhammad (AS) was possess. I will say he was not. Magic is like charms/voodoos, and thats different.Many prophets experienced the same thing. Afterall, Job was sick under the influence of Satan/devil, since thats what you love o call it, but only that Allah permitted it for as long as He, Allah willed it!

Further. between Jesus and John, his cousin who "baptised him, I say Barmitva, since there is no baptism in Judaism tribal traditions", was possessed as the devil drove him to the wilderness. I hope you know that one of these two people had that experienc? If it was John, it was after it that he "baptised" Jesus, according to your Bible. Now chew on that Bitter leaf of Truth. And you have to swallow it.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by Nezan(m): 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2009
No true prophet of God was ever possessed by the devil.

Tempted and possesed are two different words with different meanings.

islam, violence, and mind games grin grin
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sleek29(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2009
@olabowale, tempted : incite somebody to transgression: to persuade or attempt to persuade somebody to do something considered wrong.

the devil tried(at[b]tempted[/b]) 3 times and failed to persuade(control or possess) Jesus

Possessed controlled: controlled or strongly influenced, especially by a supposed evil supernatural force or a strong emotion

Possession comes after temptation (attempt), and it means total control, do you understand English or what is your problem

the devil tempted and succeeded in persuading(controlling) mohammed
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2009
@Sleek29: I hope you are smart enough to know that one says he is just a human being. So it will not be a big deal that after he has been "Possessed", if it is true by just having your foe a moment in oredr to drive home my point, which you seem to not get, he is cured by his Lord; Allah The Almighty.

Now campare the scenerio to the God of the Christians being merely tempted by the devil. Now who created the devil and the angels? is it not this same Christian God, or you do not believe that the Christian God is the sole Creator? Can the devil tempt Angel gabreil? How about Angel Michael? If these Angels can not be tempted by the devil, how can their Creator be tempted by the devil who could not have temped them? Are we talking about the real God here, or the make belief God, without any aota of the fact he is God?

You see why you are a not worshipping a real God, from my point of view? Your God to have been tempted and the devil did not get annihilated by it shows that your God is no GOD, at all.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2009
$osisi:

If Allah's prophet could be bewitched several times and he was under the influence of a demon/demons for a period which the Muslim writings say could be up to 12 months,what other evidence do you need?
Or do you have any proof that Allah suspended his revelations while Mohammed was under the influence of the demons ?
It is a fact that Mohammed was bewitched such that he didn't have control of his proper senses for a while,he hallucinated and imagined things that were not real.
It is therefore not a far fetched idea that Tabari's hadiths are probably correct regarding the satanic verses which you deny.

Was Mohammed ever under the influence of demons?  Yes!,according to aisha and several people as recorded by Bukhari's hadiths.

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated: Magic was worked on Allah’s Apostle (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) so that he used to think that he had had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not. Then one day he said, "O Aisha, do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I asked Him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. The one near my head asked the other: ‘What is wrong with this man?’ The latter replied, ‘He is under the effect of magic.’ The first one asked, ‘Who has worked magic on him?’ The other replied, ‘Labid bin Al-Asam, a man from Bani Zuraiq who was an ally of the Jews and was a hypocrite.’ The first one asked, ‘What material did he use?’ The other replied, ‘A comb and the hair stuck to it.’"[14]

Ibn Ishaq also reports that "Labid bin A’sam . . . bewitched the apostle of God so that he could not come at his wives."[15] Guillaume adds a note saying that, according to tradition, "the spell lasted for a year."[16]

what other proof do you need?

Funny.

Let me tell you something: even the site you folks heavenly depend upon whenever it comes to defaming Islam does not include this hadeeth to support your false claim of "Satanic" verses in the Qur'an. Bewitched and tempted by Satan are two different things.

Although I don't expect you to see that difference, for it's wisely said; a mind sees what it wishes to see.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by muhsin(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2009
$osisi:

If I were you,I would abandon this topic lest more revelatons be made.
Mohammed also attempted suicide several times proving his mental state
A suicidal man is usually one suffering from a major depression, he hears voices,sees things ,senses and behold thinks no one can.That is classic schizophrenia.
In that state he was capable of anything.
do you need the hadiths to prove the above claim?

Or instead advise your cohort, Nezan, who fisrt of all triggered the OP to leave it, for he fails to build up his earlier assertuion of the existence of "Satanic" verses. I only ask him (and you or any body who thinks "Satanic" verses exist) simple five question, yet none of you so far has a try of them. Isn't that shamefull? I know you sometimes feel like telling truth, wish my question hits jackpot; and thus you are gonna answer it justly. tongue
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sleek29(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2009
@olabowale, Matthew 4:1, and then Jesus was led up by the Spirit to be tempted by the devil, the Spirit led the Flesh for the flesh to be tempted by the devil
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by sosisi(f): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2009
Nezan:

No true prophet of God was ever possessed by the devil.

Tempted and possesed are two different words with different meanings.

islam, violence, and mind games grin grin

Gbam!
Mohammed claims to be in the league of Elijah and all the other prophets and he is not.
The fact that a demon could inhabit him for months,perhaps a year is a clear indication that he's not of God.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 2:23am On Sep 01, 2009
I was correct and finally I know that Jesus was "driven" into the wilderness by Satan/Devil/Evil one. Considering that he was shown, in a single "showing" the whole world, as if it was a flatland and he was at the top of the highest mountain to see everything at a go. Guys, and you with the emphasising word "gbam" expression, tell me if this is possible except a complete possession that he was flying high? Call it it "temptation" if you will. Clean it up, dress it up and color it as you wish. A filth will stink in the long run, as soon as you remove the casing!

Driven into the wilderness wildly is no more temptation people. Thats real stuff. If it was John that experience this, and it is clear that it is not, to baptise your lord later speaks volume? Can anyone allow such a person baptise god? Does God need baptism/jewish barmitva? Guys, you are batting 0 each time you came up to the plate!

And about Muhammad (as), if he was not at the level of Eljah and co before Isra wa Miraj, that even made him equal to them and became their leader (AS), as he lead them in prayers at Masjidi Aqsa, in Ilya.
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 2:52am On Sep 01, 2009
Osisi, you studied some physics before concentration on human body. How is it possible that people saw the "heaven" opened up and saw that far a dove flying down and yet heard a "voice" proclaiming sonship of the your god, right there at river Jordan? Is river Jordan in Jerusalem, Galille or in Jordan, a country next to Palestine?

Osisi, you believe that people, ordinary people can see that far away? Heaven? That a head scratcher story right there! Gbam!
Re: Alleged Satanic Verses by olabowale(m): 3:04am On Sep 01, 2009
Is wilderness where good spirit will lead a preacher, sorry God to, to preach to human beings? Whats in the wilderness, except wild beasts, and blades of grass, vegetations?

Preaching to humans, you got to come to towns, civilization places, not wilderness! My people, you can continue to lead yourselves astray believing in some fairytales, when I read anything, I make it come alive in my mind!

God Shall not be led into wilderness preaching to people there, where there is no people, shouting and claims that thats to mankind! Was the intention was such that the wind carries it to the cities or the wild animals take it there? Wouldit not have been prudent, efficient that the preacher just come to the habitations and preach to the people at the town squares, the markets?

Osisi, you are in the hot sit on this matter by your audacity to say gbam! I will excuse Nezan because he has not answer and just playing possum!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things To Do Before Ramadan. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Husband, Help!!! / Categories Of Martyrs In Islam - Shayk Sulaimon Amubieya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.