Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:32 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616202 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sophy09: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2010
I want to find out which product can i use for under eye wrinkles
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2010
madlady:

@Mad_Max what do you think about Silicon Plasters?

I used one for a RAISED 2inch scar I had on my inner calf ( diy electrolysis) the scar's almost invisible. The plasters are very inexpensive.

A raised scar? Really? It works that well? Teetee, here might be the solution. I'm going to recommend this to a friend as well. Thanks.

sophy09:

You might try Neutrogena Healthy Skin antiwrinkle cream. It's the most effective over the counter retinol cream I know. Very cheap too. Less effective products want $45 for what Neutrogena sells for, I think, $9. You can use your regular face cream on top of it, but it shouldn't contain AHA.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
Mad_Max:

A raised scar? Really? It works that well? Teetee, here might be the solution. I'm going to recommend this to a friend as well. Thanks.

You might try Neutrogena Healthy Skin antiwrinkle cream. It's the most effective over the counter retinol cream I know. Very cheap too. Less effective products want $45 for what Neutrogena sells for, I think, $9. You can use your regular face cream on top of it, but it shouldn't contain AHA.

I'll see if I can find the packaging when I go to my mother's place tomorrow, I will give you the name or show it then. You need to use it continuously, I used it for about 6 months ,at bed time.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by jaybee3(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
hmmmmmm
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Evagreenfields: 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2010
@browncoco,i was able to finally get the exfoliating gloves (thank God) even though it took me sm time to.i also got olay quench(tough remover) and fair lady rosewater and glycerin.i hope that does the trick,in additn to dat,i got sport sunscreen spf 50.wat do u guys think abt d sunscreen?has ny1 used it b4?thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2010
sophy09:

sophy like madmax said u cld try any retinol product from brand names such as neutrogena, roc etc wat retinol does is basically exfoliates the skin to reveal fresh dewy skin & builds up collagen which we loose as we get older, it takes care of fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness etc, u cld also buy retin A cream in its purest form, u can get that here in Nigeria, ITS A MUST FOR ANYONE PAST 30.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2010
jay bee:

hmmmmmm

undecided.

Mad_Max:

The SILICON PLASTER comes in various sizes, it's called REJUVENESS, you normally get three in a box. You can buy it in large sheets also.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by davades(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Mad_Max plz i had dark spots all over ma legs 2d xtent dt i can't wear shots.Can Mederma work?n plz where can i get it n hw much does it cost?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2010
hi mad maxx,
i ordered for olay regenerist daily regenerating serum on amazon but i got the advanced anti aging regenerating serum.
please what is the difference?
thanks
please reply,its urgent
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 7:28am On Nov 17, 2010
Hi angels,i love this forum, it's da bomb,i 've learnt a whole lot from here.Pls does any one know where i can get pure retin A in naija?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by VENUSS(f): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
hi all,wat a good tread u'v put up here. Pls wat moisturizer can i use on my xtrmly oil face. Am also light skin. Pls help me.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by VENUSS(f): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
i v trd palmer's skin sucess, bodytreat nd neutrogena, neutrogena wuld v bin my best bet, but it made me dark.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
hello all,Nice thread and loads of wisdom showed some to my frend who has been battling wth acne since forever she said she"s got some results.

Here is my problem.i got dry skin from march to sep am ok.i use clear essence lotion and the lemon soap and it works great but from november i need to moisturize my skin cos its really dry.Pls house any recommendations.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by olgawilson: 5:21am On Nov 23, 2010
Try using this under eye wrinkles, it is It is ideal for mature skin but also for younger complexions as exposure to the sun and smoking can prematurely age the skin. It is safe and I am sure you will like the result.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 3:32am On Nov 24, 2010
andromida:

hello all,Nice thread and loads of wisdom showed some to my frend who has been battling wth acne since forever she said she"s got some results.

Here is my problem.i got dry skin from march to sep am ok.i use clear essence lotion and the lemon soap and it works great but from november i need to moisturize my skin cos its really dry.Pls house any recommendations.

Try the OLAY @MadMax recommended it earlier on this thread, I've just started using it a bedtime, it's nice and light.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2010
madlady:

The SILICON PLASTER comes in various sizes, it's called REJUVENESS, you normally get three in a box. You can buy it in large sheets also.

I sent this to someone, who was, frankly, over the moon about its prospects. Thanks.

hispinkolo:

hi mad maxx,
i ordered for olay regenerist daily regenerating serum on amazon but i got the advanced anti aging regenerating serum.
please what is the difference?thanks please reply,its urgent

Sorry if this took a while. I haven't been here in weeks. I've only used the dialy serum. I'm sure the ant-aging has its own strenghts. You might give it a whirl, buy the regurlar serum next time, and compare which wrks better for you.

betty002x:

Hi angels,i love this forum, it's da bomb,i 've learnt a whole lot from here.Pls does any one know where i can get pure retin A in naija?

Perhaps some of the larger cosmetic stores in Lagos?

davades:

@Mad_Max plz i had dark spots all over ma legs 2d xtent dt i can't wear shots.Can Mederma work?n plz where can i get it n hw much does it cost?

Is it hyperpigmentation? There are a great many pages back where the subject was treated. Perhaps you might take a look and see what might help? What's causing the dark spots? You need to eliminate the cause. Is it sun, a reaction to medication? Hyperpgimentation is easy. Look through the early pages for what will work for your skin type.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 4:10am On Nov 27, 2010
Mad_Max:

I sent this to someone, who was, frankly, over the moon about its prospects. Thanks.

A medical person did try to explain how it worked, I am not really sure that I understood fully.
It may be best if the person who wants to use it checks it out first, just to make sure it will do the job for them.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ajilete(f): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
Can anyone tell me where i can ger Diana Stalder Papaya and Kojic Acid soap in Lagos? Please, anyone?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ajilete(f): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
@Betty try Heathplus and Medplus at the Palms, Lekki. the have Retin a cream
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Kelycostarica: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2010
i have natural double eyelids, but every now and then if i don't sleep well the crease goes "funny" so i use a bit of eyelid tape to help correct it to its natural crease. I find that if you naturally have some crease there, then the eyelid tape isn't that noticeable,  at times you can't even see it at all.

איפור כלות
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
*bump*
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Chesca11(f): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
Skin Care Anti-Ageing Sets, Miracle Set (combination to oily) is a premium collection of age-fighting products that work together beautifully. The set utilizes the latest in skin care science to bring you the younger-looking skin you want with fewer lines and wrinkles, improved firmness, and more even skin tone. This set includes: 3-in-1 Cleanser, Age Fighting Mosturiser, New Day with SPF 25 and Night Solution

http:///3yymtxw
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Chesca11(f): 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2011
Firming Eye Cream
Just imagine a luxuriously rich eye cream so advanced it firms, brightens, provides intense moisturization, plus minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by lawums: 3:23am On Jan 07, 2011
Trying using Matriskin. You can get it on www.marketamerica.com/lawusia

•Visibly reduces the look of lines and wrinkles
•Contains hyaluronic acid and humectants to pull moisture deep into skin cells
•Advanced patented peptide technology proven to increase skin firmness
•Promotes collagen production leading to skin revitalization
•Texture and luminosity are dramatically improved
•Works well for all skin types, including delicate skin

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by lawums: 3:27am On Jan 07, 2011
This is the official make-up that is used in the Bravo tv show called the Fashion show and also during the miami fashion week, it is getting great reviews in the the US, it is called Motives by Loren Ridinger, the only downside is cannot be bought in the store, which explains the affordability of the product.

The consultant comes to your house and custom blends foundation, blush and bronzer for you, as you watch. How amazing is that! You get to decide on the finish you want (matte, shimmer or just a little bit of shimmer) for all of the products, and how dark you want your bronzer to be. All of the products are blended to your exact specifications, so you get exactly what you want. They can also blend a lip plumper for you. Their lip plumper is clear, and they can add pigments to it so that you have the exact colour that you want. It is fiiled with anti-oxidant and other minerals. What I love most about the custom blend it enhances your beauty and looks so natural.

The powder that are used to custom mix the foundation,bronzer and blush. (If you are interested please drop me a line @eakintayo@hotmail.com.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
wow!

the NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN FORMULAR WITH RETINOL, now thats a good facial cream, too bad its so small i cant use it all over my body .

i read all the reviews on here about neutrogena this and neautrogena that and decided to try the healthy skin formula with retinol , my God i cant believe my skin , my sister , my mom even my neighbours have been telling me that my skin is so beautiful ,

imagine , i've never received any compliment from my sister with regards to my skin ever until now,
and i only used it for just 2 weeks morning and night.

my skin is smoother , not one spot or pimple , it even got rid of blotches under my jaw region, my skin is just GLLLOOOOOWWWIING.

u know what , i'm just gonna save up and get as much as i can for my entire body .this product is just unbelievable.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2011
Good for you. Neutrogena products gives best value for money by far. I use its healthy skin formula and their spf 85 suncreen. NO need to use it on entire body though. The parts of your body exposed to the elements (face, feet, hands) need different care than the parts that are unexposed. Use for face alone, and get something else for your body skin that'll make it glow as well.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2011
@uzoo, is it the anti-wrinkle or anti-blemish cream you used?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
@mitchyy

its written NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN FORMULA (anti-wrinkle with retinol and salycic acid). on the tiny tube.

i never knew there was an anti-blemish one ,

@ Mad_Max
as much as i would like to use A for my face and B for my neck and C for my hands and D for my feet .and XYZ at night and , ok ok ok my point is ,everything sounds so complicated here that one just has to actually find a very very good product that will make my entire skin glow, believe me i've read every ones reviews on all the products here, and i'm confused.

Seems i just have to find what works for my skin, i still cant get over the neutrogena healthy skin fomular, i'm staring at my face in the mirror every minute even when the mirror is in my hand bag and i'm talking to clients in the office, i just take a peep.
its just unbelievable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.