Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,610 members, 7,770,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:08 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616209 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2011
butt pill, butt cream, whatever the poster is selling undecided

if you really want to have big butt follow the link below.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Butt-Bigger
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Shinatu: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2011
@Mad max

It is a sad thing with these fake products, i just got the Jergens lotion for abt $5 in Walmart, which will be about N800N@160, it is sold for about N1800 in Naija, which should not really be a big issue if you are getting the real thing but then you are not sure you are!

Please What is the best online shop for meladerm?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by teetee2(f): 10:06am On Jul 05, 2011
Mad-max, thnks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
You're welcome teetee.

shinatu, guess you'll have to search online for the best shops and bargains, but why do you want Meladerm? It doesn't work for many people. There are better products. Look thru the thread.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Shinatu: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2011
Thanks mad max, i had to scan through the thread to see if I had missed anything
The other products recommended contain hydroquinone, I would very much love to stay clear of that

I am taking a look at makari, the beautifying milk seems not to have hydroquinone or harmful steriods

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2011
Lol. No, there's not one thing recommended here that contains hydroquinone. There are warnings through the thread for ladies to steer clear of that. Have heard serious complaints from people I know about some Makari products, esp the Lightening Milk. The Caviar Face Cream is a good product though, and the only Makari product I can recommend. If you've dark skin you're lucky. Glossy, smooth, flawless black skin is very, very beautiful to me. I envy my dark-skinned friends and they know it. I'd trade for it in an instant. Instead of lightening it, bring out the spectacular beauty of dark skin with good nutrition, water, exercise and sunscreen.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Shinatu: 2:24am On Jul 08, 2011
I think some products for hyperpigmentation have been reviewed in previous pages. Nadinola is effective for quick short-term use, get rid of the pigmented area and stop. If it's on the face, Makari Caviar Face-lightening cream does wonders. [b]Obagi products work too, but given that they're touting hydroquinone, too dressed up and pricey jere.[/b]

Thanks for the details on Makari products.

I had to go back to search for this post despite the fact that I could barely spare the time.I know there has been a general warning against hash products on this threadwhich i greatly admire.

However what[b] I[/b] see from the above post is a recommendendation backed up with a warning.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
There are HUNDREDS of products on the thread, none containing hydroquinone.  You noticed there are strong warnings against it and other bad ingredients but went rhgough 21 pages of good products looking for the only glancing reference to hydroquinone in a product. I wasn't reviewing or recommending Obagi to anyone there, but was just making a remark.You're funny.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
@Mad-Max

i've been trying to fade 3 ugly dark scars on my legs (resulting from injury falling from the stairs) using the mederma scar gel but it didnt work for me. the scars stand out cause my legs are lighter than my face and the dark scars just stands out when i put on a skirt .
can you recommend something more effective in fading the color of the scars.

BTW , still loving my neautrogena clear skin formular , i also got their under eye cream recently ,i cant really comment on their eye cream for now cause i just started using it, but so far i think its getting there.

http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Healthy-Skin-Cream-0-5oz/dp/B001412R64/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1311163190&sr=8-5
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
I ve learnt a lot from this thread and there's no way i 'lld have posted semi nude pics of me on d net for security reasons,but d fact still remains that i used this cream and saw great results and i came on here to help people who might need it.I ve helped people and still doing so. whats d use being nasty and blarbing about wat u don't know?FYI uzoo the page u posted is just one out of thousands of websites that have glute enhancement workouts but fact is how many of these workouts produce satisfying results? Anyway no long stories and there's no use saying so much words the cream is made by ivorians and is called BOTCHO CREAM and another AWOULABA , for those who need it,pls feel free to google it and i can only help people that need it in Nigeria. @ mad max:sure there's no where i mentioned pills @uzoo after reading this pls use ur tongue to count ur teeth grin
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 5:27am On Jul 21, 2011
I love this thread and everyone in here, please if this info is not for fat people but just for ladies with average body sizes need curves or need a little more booty,please go check these stuffs out and grab some but feel free to contact me if you need any assistance. P.S:There's no use making mockery bout this if you don't need it cos i ve seen people that went extra miles to get this cream.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2011
@Mad Max
Still waiting for your reply,its not an old scar,am just desperate to go back to wearing skirts.i have resorted to using bio oil for now but i know that will take ages to get any results.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
products that work for me.

1)olay regenerist serum : extremely useful when i had acne breakout. it stopped it and cleared all spots
after the breakouts stopped and i ran out of the serum, i have not purchased any more since then . this happened about two years ago and i used two packs of the serum to get rid of the spots.

2) original unrefined/unadulterated shea butter (ori) mixed with bio oil: i use this during winter. veryyyyyyyyyyyy good. leaves my skin radiant and glowing

3) plamers cocoa butter WITH SPF 15: I use this during summer or very hot climate. veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy good. skin is radiant, spotless and glows   kiss kiss kiss kiss this cream is soooo good. now my mum, boyfriend, sisters and friends are all using this cream. please, beware there are different variations of the palmers cocoa butter. the best is the one with SPF 15

4) neutrogena 'visibly clear' blackhead eliminiating facial scrub: very good for maintaing my face. i use this about twice a week

5) neutrogena 'visibly clear' spot stress control facial cleanser: [/b]veryy good as well. i use this about twice a week or anytime i remember

6)[b]Dove exofiliating cream bar :
very good. sometimes i use dove [/b]shower cream

7) [b]okin soap (proudly made in naija)
grin  grin : verryyyyyyyyy good. has a strong smell and a funny green colour but gets rids of any rash on the skin. i also use a bar for an entire week in a month. if u have any rash or pimple that you want to get rid of asap, use this soap. It is cheap and veryyyyyy effective. it might leave your skin a bit dry afterwards but once you moisturize richly using any of the lotions mentioned above, your skin will glow

I also exfoliate my skin every month. i use any skin exfoliating body scrub product i find in the store (as long as it does not contain apricot, cos i noticed products with apricots tend to result in breakouts on my skin).

i get ''local rafia sponge'' (proudly naija)  grin grin grin grin and  using the exfoliating body scrub i, then scrub my entire body. I do this about twice or four times a month. the result is amazing   kiss kiss kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
Hey guys. Please I need your help. A friend wants to purchase clear essence under eye lightening serum for her dark under eyes. What do you think? Is it safe to use or it will cause more damage?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by TheBBF(f): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer spf 30

Diana Stalder Papaya Soap

These are the two staples I've used for years.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2011
BBF& size 12: Good choices, girls.

mitchyy, No idea. Never used it before.

uzoo, Eveything on skin has been treated time and again,including scars. Go thru the thread.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tishat(f): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2011
hi everyone,can i get a suggestion on what to use to lighten my knee and elbow
am in a county where i can get any prouct easily for now.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2011
tishat:

hi everyone,can i get a suggestion on what to use to lighten my knee and elbow
am in a county where i can get any prouct easily for now.

try MaMa lotion,i went through the this topic again and found where it was rrecommended for treating dark scars/discolouration on skin.

i just ordered mine.
by the way i think the new name is M2 lotion.

i hope it works.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Bisjosh(f): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2011
Hey guys really learnt a lot frm dis wonderful thread. ℓ̊ wld like U̶̲̥̅̊ to help ma frnd out. Afta using a body cream few years back she started having reactions on her hands and legs(it itches and when she scratches it gives rough surface and it really has caused blemishes on her skin) pls how can dis reaction stop and also clear d blemishes! For me pls ℓ̊ need a good facial cleanser (anti acne) ve got a normal skin. Thanks all
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by betty002x: 4:49am On Oct 24, 2011
Tell your friend to visit a dermatologist fast so she could be examined and probably a skin analysis would be carried out to determine the actual cause and extent of damage before possible treatment is carried out.Please tell her to act fast and avoid or stop any self or unprofessional prescriptions to avoid any complications till she sees a doc. Just mild disinfectants in water would do for now.
For you my advice would be to get a cleanser with no or very little alchohol.Alcohol in cosmetics strips moisture off skin and this causes over drying and sometimes skin irritation for some,ok for oily skin though but since your skin isn't problematic i ll advice you stay on the safer side.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Iamfab: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Why do you waste money on beauty products that dont work? Let our skins rest and age naturally like they are supposed to. A simple facewash, a bit of exfoliating a couple of times a week and thats it. Check out http://www.becauseiamfabulous.com/2011/10/fab-personal-stylista-of-day-denisio.html

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Emmy3(m): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2011
SB,
please recommend a gud bleaching/lightening cream/lotion that works with quick result. . . .
I urgently need it. .please. . .
{even if it contains
hydroquinone or
kojic acid or
gluthathione}
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
Em-my:

SB,
please recommend a gud bleaching/lightening cream/lotion that works with quick result. . . .
I urgently need it. .please. . .
{even if it contains
hydroquinone or
kojic acid or
gluthathione}

seriously,are you for real? shocked
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Emmy3(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
uzoo:

seriously,are you for real? shocked
ya,
nid it 2 blend my next movie role
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by zaibi1230: 6:18am On Dec 27, 2011
to get hair long and get tips how to long and how to keep it healthy, get hair care tips and trick on Hair Care
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
Happy New Year, y'all.

Will probably take a look at cosmetic surgery next.
If you've skin questions post and be a little patient.

@uzoo
Mmm-wah! kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
Mad_Max:

Happy New Year, y'all.

Will probably take a look at cosmetic surgery next.
If you've skin questions post and be a little patient.

@uzoo
Mmm-wah! kiss
smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Mad_Max
what can i say,we've missed you
here.

Happy New Year to you dear. kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by flos: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2012
hello mad_max, pease i have these scars which is bothering me, on ma legs. i read about the rejuveness and silicon sheets and i need to have them. pliz how can i get them. am in nigeria. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.