Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,476 members, 7,770,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:26 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (616204 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2011
Lol. I get your point. I don't do complicated beauty regimes either. Don't even use make-up most days. But there's facial skin, and there's body skin. They have different issues. You don't get acne on your hip or the back of your hand, and salicylic acid is the acne-buster. Retinol does great for face issues too. The earlier one uses it the better, as your face stays the same, as if you don't age. Using that formula for your entire body would be a waste, though.

I was suggesting a body cream that takes splendid care of body skin. I use Philosophy Hope in a Jar for body skin. Diet plays an important role in skin beauty, there's just so much that creams can do. But for me, the best skin moisturiser is Philosophy Hope in a Jar. It's a miracle worker. False modesty aside, I've gorgeous skin and its partly due to Philosophy. When I switch to another moisturiser, it actually tells on my skin. Don't know what I'll do if they ever go out of business. It's $60 for the 4 oz jar, which lasts 4-6 weeks. It's meant for the face, but it's what I use for my body. Try it and see.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
@Mad_Max

Philosophy Hope in a Jar, hmm, i saw the picture in the previous contributions on this particular forum, so i'll get it later this weekend .

fingers crossed , i hope it works for my skin.

thanks.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Kulcat(f): 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hello ladies.this site has really bin insightful.thank u all.uhm av got this bad a.ss scar, a canemark actually on my leg.got beaten by my mum a few days back.my skin is really delicate and at such the cane left me bleeding there.ts all healed up now but the mark is just too conspicious.its priti embarassing when people see it and ask me wat happened n i cant tell them that @ my age (21) am still been flogged.am due to go back to school by first week of march.cld anybody tell me wat to use on it inorder to get it off?av actually started off with betasol.thanks a bunch.
P.s am in lagos n pls let it be affordable
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by mitchyy(f): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
i think i'll get the neutrogena cream for my face and give it a trial. But am also confused on what to use for my skin. its extremely dry especially with the harmattan season.
by the way i have never seen any cream that actually makes my dark skin glow and also relieves the dryness.
HELP PLZZZZZZZ!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
^Vaseline Intensive or Curel Ultra Healing
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
Kulcat:

Hello ladies.this site has really bin insightful.thank u all.uhm av got this bad behind scar, a canemark actually on my leg.

Bio-Oil or Merderma.

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by auvera: 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
for me,i thought clinique was all a gimmick but trust me am practically chewing my words.my face is placed on the clinique 3 step regime and dont intend to change any time soon
for my body which happens to be dry, i use pure unrefined shear butter with bio oil and olive oil soap.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by auvera: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

^Vaseline Intensive or Curel Ultra Healing

i absolutely agree with you.curel moisturisers are absolutely unbelievable.did you know that curel is produced by the same company that produces jergens?

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Kulcat(f): 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Bio-Oil or Merderma.
kk thanks thief.how long before i start expectn results?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
auvera, I only like Clinique's mild facial liquid soap and 7 Day Scrub. Majoprity of their stuff has too much alcohol eespcially their toners

Kulcat:

kk thanks thief.how long before i start expectn results?

If you are able top get mederma, that would be faster. about 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
*done*
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:56am On Jan 16, 2011
*waves at tubabie* kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^*hugs* kiss kiss wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Kulcat(f): 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2011
Hi thief i cldnt get mederma in the market.cld u recommend a place i cld get it and pls how much does it go for?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
i got this amazing hair product "GROWITT" from a lady who travels to india, i've been using it for some weeks now , and i cant believe how long my hair has grown,

its a herbal hair treatment, for african hair,it added a lot of volume to my hair , my hair was really damaged after child birth and i needed something to help stop the breakage.especially from the base.

i was in the salon and someone recommended this product and where i could get it ,when you look at the small jar at first ,you'll think its one of those, , you know ,usual stuff ,but it really works , i'm amazed at the length my hair has grown, and still growing .
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^^
where and how can we get it?
how much is it?
spill girl,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 12:23am On Jan 21, 2011
@Browncocos,mine is almost finished,i called the lady to get some more but i was told she's out of the country until the end of this month,i've searched everywhere in lagos for it,couldnt find it,i went back to the salon (on the mainland in surulere)and they gave me her number. 08030563174 i bought it for N1,500.guess i"ll wait until next weekend to go and pick up some more.u can give them a call.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by VENUSS(f): 9:28am On Jan 26, 2011
@mad-max, plsss where can i get d philosophy hope in a jar, in lagos. I pray i really find hope in da jar lol.

1 Like

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Freesia(f): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2011
After spending loads of money on facial products and I'm not even talking about make up because I go without it
I made a decision to go back to the basics.I discovered this Indian soap called medimix from a beloved friend here on NL "Inked_Nerd" my mild acne is slowly going back to where it came from and I pray it stays there.

I had read so much about coconut oil and decided that the worst has already happened to my face so why not give it a try.It has been about 4 weeks since I started  using the virgin Coconut oil as a moisturizer on my face and so far so good.

My face is now experiencing a nice smoothness I discovered with coconut oil it needs to be cold pressed just don't buy any coconut oil.It works for some people and others have complained about it so it really depends.Now it's time to get that Aloe Vera & apricot to work in order to get the hyperpigmentation off my face.

Simplicity at it's best and it's all costing me less than £10 combined  smiley compared to the $$$ I used to spend on Dermalogica products
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2011
VENUSS:

@mad-max, plsss where can i get d philosophy hope in a jar, in lagos. I pray i really find hope in da jar lol.

Wish I knew, girl. Browse stores. Maybe you'll get lucky. Don't forget to add a good suncreen.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Glenny: 3:22am On Jan 29, 2011
@madmax n browncocos u re d bomb! been reading thru d thread n now am confused. What brightening cream can I use for my very oily skin. My arms n legs re darker dan my body n my face has patches close to my lips. Ve used makari beautifying milk- it was real nice but give me breakouts after d 2nd bottle, now am using QEI+ d harmione reparateur. Pls I really need help fast cos ma skin is a mess of even tones. Thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
Arms, face and legs get more exposure to the sun. You don't use suncreen. Careful with Makari; there are more serious complaints than breakouts. Only their Caviar Face Lightening cream is complaint-free and is their best product. You might try that for your arms and legs. An excellent high spf suncreen is crucial and will likely resolve the problem on its own after some weeks of use. I highly recommend the Neutrogena Helioplex suncreen range.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Glenny: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2011
@madmax. Thanks! I'll definitely get d sunscreen but after using d beautifying milk I dont want to use makari again. Pls is dere any other good cream dat I can use for d uneven patches n spots on my face nd body nd still continue aftrwards cos am a lil' darker than I used 2 be n would like 2 get my complexion back. Thank you.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2011
Max abeg quit mentioning things these people cant get in Naija

Glenny I assume they sell Mary Kay in Naija?

Get their Day Solution Sunscreen SPF 20.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Glenny if you really want to get your complexion back i suggest you get a higher spf(say from 50+).our ozone layer gets depleted as the year goes by that one cannot underestimate the importance of protection from the harmful rays of sun. For the spots and pimples try my new found love "Neutrogena healthy skin formular with retinol" it works.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Mad_Max you mentioned that you dont use make up most times,well i've come to realize that thats what the neutrogena healthy skin formular does for your skin,your skin is clearer that you dont need make up to conceal anything.last week i dumped my make up kit and just used johnsons baby powder,and lip gloss,one couldnt tell the difference.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Glenny: 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ɣ'all re life savers. I'll get the neutrogena, try it and ll definitely keep yu posted. Pls am still in need of a good cream for my body (my skin is oily). Thanks so much 4 yur help.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Don1Dee(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2011
Great job from good minds for no pay, unbelievable!

God bless u all 4 d great job. The thread is dominated with women, i want to ask if guys can as well used your highly recommended Neutrogena healthy skin formular with retinol and how much is the cost?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Don1Dee

its funny you should ask , i did come across the neautrogena healthy skin fomular for men in a big store off admiralty way lekki phase 1 its called EBEANO SUPERMARKET its actually a big store they have a cosmectics section , but the thing is that i saw it on their glass shelves when i went there in december before the christmas holidays , you might wanna go there and find out if its still available. the store is on the 4th or 5th turning on the left before you get to tantalizers on admiralty way lekki.

they also have a branch at ikota shopping complex vgc. ,i wish i could put up thier phone number on here but i lost their flyers

Good luck. oh , by the way, it goes for something around N2000 the last time i checked.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
Hola, Don1dee. Reviews of some men's products on the early pages. Sourced from guy pals.

Glenny,
Any skin lightener that uses licorice extract as its active ingredient is fine. Or Vitamin C. Be sure it's from a reputable US or UK company or brand, not one of those cosmetic 'labs' in Italy or France. But high spf suncreen is what you really need. It's the sun that darkens the skin and issues uneven patches and accelerates skin aging.

uzoo,
Started using Neutrogena Healthy Skin last year. Just retinol, no salicylates. Been using little or no make-up all my adult life. Spares my facial skin the telling stress of years of constant application and removal and breakouts from clogging and whatnot. I buy tons of make up though. Once in a rare while I break out the palette. Some clothes demand it. My, but you're really taken with this product.

TOH, I had the Neutrogena helioplex spf 85 in mind. Sun is the skin's worst enemy. Those products can be got. Maybe they could ask a store to get it. Preorder, that kind of thing. Bet it'll be overpriced by the time it arrives. Someone posted she bought Olay Regenerist in Lagos for 8000 naira. Darned thing is less than $20 on Amazon.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by uzoo: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Mad_Max

lol, like i said i still cant get over it, smiley

anyways i'm yet to start using the other moisturizer,still waiting for my sister in-law to arrive with my " philosophy hope in jar ".
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:37am On Feb 04, 2011
lol you are right wth Naija sun the higher the spf the better.

bad thing about very high spf is that it looks whitish/ashy on dark skin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.