Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,754 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (617602 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 06, 2009
~Sissy~:

i wouldnt suggest using all those peels at the same time. remember those are chemicals and they will definitely dry out your skin if used continuously and at the same time and more problems may arise. you may want to be careful with  that, before you get more than you bargained for.

This is important. . . . . I hope they read this and stay attentive sha

@Post

Love Caress, smells good, exfoliates the skin, leave you feeling silky instead of feeling the soap sods even after rinsing.
Me, I love all the different varieties from Caress kiss

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
You use MAC make up range. How does it compare with NARS and URBAN DECAY, esp its lipstick? Is it better? Aren't Mac products a little overpriced too, like Nars?

Peels come with instructions. Salicylic acid CAN be used continuously with no adverse effect whatsoever. They're in soaps and medicated lotions for daily use. There were no suggestions that multiples peels be used simultaneously.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by manikki(f): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
Hi poster, i`ve had pimples & blackheads 4 a while. I`ve used drugs: Clearex 10, Neo Medrol etc, but didnt get d desired result. I`m dark skinned & would want to leave it dat way. I also have oily skin. Creams make me perspire a lot, so i dnt use them. Wat do i use ( no cut-throat priced produts pls)
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2009
Get Tree-oil

Any product that is based off it
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Gamine
Tree oil? Is it something new?

@Manikki
Lol at 'leaving your dark skin that way'? Treating hyperpigmentation on parts of your skin does not make you an advocate of unhealthy skin 'bleaching'. Don't get funny ideas from previous pages. smiley

If you leave your skin un-moisturised, you're leaving it unprotected and dry, and you WILL have skin trouble and possible damage after years of that sort of thing. Maybe you're using 'heavy' creams, highly unsuitable for oily skin; try light lotions, esp those made for oily skin. Hopefully someone who knows more about those might recommend a few here.

A pimple is just a tiny patch of infected skin. When you pick at, if the tiny infected fluid touches healthy skin, that patch becomes infected as well and another pimple springs up. Salicylic acid works for it too. Try the 20% Salicylic acid peel, and dab twice weekly or as instructed in its leaflet. If you can't find it, or an acne product with a high percentage of salicylic acid, you might give browncoco's aspirin mask a try. Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid. There's a very old product that contains it in powder form: Alabukun. Prepare as she directed in the previous page and it might work just as well.

You might want to see a dermatologist to prescribe suitable antibiotics for the pimples too.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2009
Mad_Max:

@Gamine
Tree oil? Is it something new?

babe tea tree oil is nothing new o
a lot of big companies infuse it into their acne product
ill say to the enquirer try any product that has only tea tree oil
like body shop
they have a whole range for acne
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2009
[quote author=FL Gators link=topic=313268.msg4630007#msg4630007 date=1254181092]
Lol no dry skin. But I heard that Jergens works well.

have you tried curel?
my husband has exremely dry skin and he swears by curel anti -itch or any of them
so much so we basically have to buy enough to last him a year when we travel
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2009
ok ladies
thanks to you all madmax,gamine,spikedcylinder the list goes on and on

some one asked for a nice anti-perspirant
i got the secret clinical roll on in d mail a couple of days ago
and i must say it works like a charm and smells so darn good
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 19, 2009
bubble bath

just had a long soak and i feel so lazy and relaxed right now. Its been a while .

might not do it again soon however- it drained the energy out of me cos i used a massage jet as well.

i can barely walk and feel like dozing.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by platinumnk(f): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2009
^^^just where did you use your massager shocked shocked shocked grin

@topic- i use dudu osun soap for my face and nuetrogena face mostuirzer
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Hauwa1: 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2009
i am looking for this herbal soap where can i find it, what is the name sef, brb
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Secretz(f): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
These products are great for me . . wouldn't switch to anything else . . . the 'SIMPLE' products are good . . not harsh like some products . . . everything else is just fantastic FOR ME . . . might work differently for others . . . . . Give rembrandt toothpast 1 month, twice daily, you go see results . . .but VERY expensive for one tube. . . grin

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shushu(f): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2009
Thanks a lot for the product reviews.Mad max, i tried salicylic 20 % peel and it worked wonders for the severe acne bumps i had, its almost finished.I bought olay regenerist 2days ago and after using it for just 1night, i can already see that my pores are reducing and that it has smoothened my skin.
I am about to buy olay definity,neutrogena soap, apricot scrub and aloe vera, hopefully i will finally be rid of the acne scars.

I have used numerous products, someone asked about diana staedler papya soap-it does work, but is quite harsh, its better to use it in a sunny country.
thanks a lot laides, you reccomendations have been a life saver-especially the salicylic peel-this is after visiting the gp and using all sorts of drugs/antibiotics which didnt help.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2009
Can anyone recommend a fantastic lip tint for me?
I tested the one from Rimmel - crap!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Can anyone recommend a fantastic lip tint for me?
I tested the one from Rimmel - crap!

Have you tried the "Body shop " Lip Tint? It is easy to apply and not heavy on the lips.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by No2Atheism(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
@spiky and tubabie

Wat are you tinting . . . . abeg do not poison us oh since its supposed to end up in our throat and mouth at the end of the day . . . . grin grin grin.

@spiky

Na only person know how manys tints your man don swallow already . . . .
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
This works for me. I have this dry skin patch on my arm when am not getting enough moisture. But havent that patch it since I started using SHEER INFUSION. Really works, moisturizes and softens my skin. I'm in loveeeeeeeeeeeee kiss kiss

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 1:35am On Nov 17, 2009
No2Atheism:

@spiky and tubabie

Wat are you tinting . . . . abeg do not poison us oh since its supposed to end up in our throat and mouth at the end of the day . . . . grin grin grin.

It's not harmful but who says it has to end up in ur mouth and throat? Your choice tongue
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by KennyG6(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2009
tubabie:

It's not harmful but who says it has to end up in your mouth and throat? Your choice tongue
hmmm just wondering where else it could end up mouth, throat, --------? probably cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2009
@ tubabie
I tried it, wasn't too keen jare. You think its really good?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2009
This has to be the third time I'm posting this, but my posts aren't showing. All three might show later, which'll be very irritating.

shushu:

Thanks a lot for the product reviews.Mad max, i tried salicylic 20 % peel and it worked wonders for the severe acne bumps i had, its almost finished.I bought olay regenerist 2days ago and after using it for just 1night, i can already see that my pores are reducing and that it has smoothened my skin.
I am about to buy olay definity,neutrogena soap, apricot scrub and aloe vera, hopefully i will finally be rid of the acne scars.

I have used numerous products, someone asked about diana staedler papya soap-it does work, but is quite harsh, its better to use it in a sunny country.
thanks a lot laides, you reccomendations have been a life saver-especially the salicylic peel-this is after visiting the gp and using all sorts of drugs/antibiotics which didnt help.

That's fantastic shushu! These peels do work if you select the right one for your skin. So happy you got results. kiss You can't use the aloe+apricot scrub for your face though. It's too harsh. There are scar removal gels for the face.Even a medicated lotion is better than trying to scrub the scars off. The face is different.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2009
@Madmax, where ve u been? been wondering wat happened to this thread?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
I'm sorry yjay. I've been terrifically busy and when I do log in I tend to gravitate to the Movies section. No vex.

PROBLEM: THINNING SKIN.
Some ladies complained they have very thin skin. Some because of prolonged skin abuse with harsh chemicals, side effects of medication for certain conditions, or aging. In some cases the skin is so thin you can SEE THE NETWORK OF VEINS UNDERNEATH. It's not pretty.

SOLUTION: Now I don't know if these work, but I did investigate and these are the answers:

GLYCOLIC ACID DOUBLES THE THICKNESS OF THE SKIN EVERY SIX MONTHS. Use the proper strength peel. There are grades.
You might have to be patient. It will likely take a year or two to restore your skin back to the original thickness. For the veins to show means the skin was deplenished faster than it could regenerate, over and over. To have your skin back will take a while.

You may also add CO-ENZYME Q10 supplements (if there are lotions and it can be applied topically, that's fine too).

There is a new formula called SYENCE which was clincally proven to thicken skin. But its hideously expensive, a 15 ml bottle going for $46. If you can afford this regularly for a couple of years, along with the other two items, great!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2009
Mad_Max:

I'm sorry yjay. I've been terrifically busy and when I do log in I tend to gravitate to the Movies section. No vex.

no wahala! good to ve u back anyways & i really love this thread wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2009
Thanks! smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tubabie(f): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

@ tubabie
I tried it, wasn't too keen jare. You think its really good?

Yep,I think its good. . . looks and feels good . It also stays on for a fair amount of time.
The colours they have fit a range of skin types especially the Rose colour. . .

@KennyG
No comments. . . cool
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by spikedcylinder: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2009
I got it. Seems ok so far, but it doesn't really tint na. angry
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by desireoge(f): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
Please ladies where can I buy Meladerm in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.