Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair (44253 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / I Told My Female Friend That I Found Who To Marry And She's Now Angry With Me. / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Bimpe29: 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
While I support your view on ''Men who are suppose to be the head in terms of guiding and correcting them are the one encouraging their wives to wear trouser,leggies, backless, mini skirt, strapless,tight gown, tight skirt, spaghetti, dead women's hair, rubber hair, dread lock wig, afro wig, false eyelashes, lipstick, body hug. ''
I totally oppose cutting of hair by women/ladies, hair is either plaited or weaved without attachment, better still leave it undone.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by eyinjuege: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Please, everyone should just face their front, and their race.

Your salvation CAN NEVER save that your precious child or wife or husband.
It has never been by works anyway.

The deepest part of hell is reserved for hypocrites who come out to claim righteousness, and throw stones at those who don't keep natural hair, but would go back in the confines of their room to sleep and commit fornication, adultery with that other person in the choir.
Chop and clean mouth method.
Same people have no qualms of taking by crook/fraud what belongs to someone else, no qualms about carrying expo and cheating in exams claiming heaven help those who help themselves.

Just Kwontinu!

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by ObioraIkenna(m): 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
In summary, my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, misconceptions and self conceited. The human mind is one nasty thing. Your mind set; likening these stuffs u uphold as avenue for demon invasion into d human body..sha I wldnt knw.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by sheilak: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
You like to lie sha

Hair straightening is as old as God-knows-what. The caucasians have been straightening their already straightened hair before. I have also read that some African tribes use natural chemicals /metal irons and extension. I don't think they were trying to appear white.

UuzbaGuuzba:
The first woman to ever perm her hair was a black American woman. As you know, the black Americans, landed in America as slaves and were maltreated for over 400 years.

Just name it. All human rights abuses were meted upon them. Well, the black lady, in a bid to gain respect from the white folk, took 2 pieces of iron rods, heated them up in a fire and rolled them over her hair. The result was, straightened hair and the first pair if curling tongs.

Black women the world over have done nothing more than trying to make their hair look look like the white woman's hair. The straight long hair.

I happened to take a swim with some white women once. Well, I was swimming in the pool and the jumped inside (I'm a married man. So forget trash). These ladies jumped into the pool head-, line and sinker. I dey swim, dey look.

They finish, came use their hand to just pack their hair and went to change. None of them was shouting "oh my hair".

And I asked myself, Did God make us UNEQUAL?

Why do black ladies always want to have the white woman's straight hair, but the white woman doesn't give a s**t about black woman's hair? She does not want to copy black woman's hair?

The answer is simple- Deep down, black women STILL BELIEVE THEY ARE SLAVES like the blacks in USA. And hence the compulsion to suck up to white folk.

How can my wife or daughter feel they are a slave to white society folk? We are all here in Nigeria, eating rice and beans. What the f**k is wrong with you? You ain't nobody's slave.

They make their hair their way, you make your hair your way. Be proud of what God has given you.

If they look good leaving their hair natural, SO DO YOU. God didn't make ANY MISTAKE giving you kinky hair. That is how YOU look. If you keep trying copy someone else, that person WILL always be Number One. and you will be no 2.

Did you come to this world to be number 2? Be yourself. Number One.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by undigeh: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
God2man:
Nowadays, the world is fast becoming a terrible place to live. The enemy of the soul of a man, the devil, is out to pollute, defile and contaminate the lives of the children of men.

The hairdressing salon is another deadly strategy introduced by the old serpent, Satan to possess careless women.

How can six or seven girls be working on the head of one person in the name of hairstyles. Is it healthy? This is madness. Some of these girls or ladies are agents of darkness commissioned to initiate women into the demonic world.
Women will sit down for hours, while their God given virtues are transferred or replace with a demon.

It is so bad.

Another way of initiating women is this so called Brazilian hair, India hair refer to as attachment.
Attachment to the hair God had already numbered. The Bible says the hair has been counted. Why adding or attaching another dead hair from another country to God's counted hair. It is a shame. We are importing hairs from another country in the name of beauty. What a shame! What is wrong with my people? We say we are black and proud, how true?
It is a lie.

Move around the shop where they are selling these demonic, fake and dead hair rebranded as attachments, you will see girls demonstrating, I would like it to reach my back, I want it so long.

At home, men are in trouble, the economy is bad, they have money to sustain the family but not enough to play with, so men are very cautious when it comes to spending money.
Women don't reason like that they say " I want to do my hair, I want to do my hair"
This is the National anthem of women.

One day, I told my wife that I prefer the low cut to the demonic attachment. She struggled, I insisted. I thank God for my wife, very good wife . I can say boldly I am blessed with a wonderful wife. She eventually agreed.

For the first time, people queried her, they attacked my wife say why? You mean your husband said so.
Her colleagues mocked her.

After sometime she did the low cut again, then somebody said what a fine hair!
You see, I have examined women, one thing about them is that they are kinda unpredictable, they may not really know what is good for them.
Men who are suppose to be the head in terms of guiding and correcting them are the one encouraging their wives to wear trouser,leggies, backless, mini skirt, strapless,tight gown, tight skirt, spaghetti, dead women's hair, rubber hair, dread lock wig, afro wig, false eyelashes, lipstick, body hug.
They say,
I want you to look sexy. The question is ; Is your wife a prostitute?
If the answer is no, then do the needful.

Recently, women are now appreciating their God given hair, the natural hair.

What are you telling me?

Are you wiser than God?

God has given you a fine hair, no attachment, no wool, no rubber, appreciate it , make it neat, annoint it with oil, comb it.

What a marvellous God! You are wonderfully made.
You are beautiful.

This is simplicity. Humility, pure, spotless, gentle not rough with one dead hair from another country.

The head is the symbol of your destiny, your brain is very powerful. It is the control room.
Do not allow anybody to tamper with your head which is the symbol of your destiny.

Many women have entered into a strange problem because of attachment. Barrenness, dead baby in the womb, husband under seriuos attack. Untimely death of spouse, cancer, spirit husband and so on.

I pray for the present generation women that God will cause their spiritual eyes to open to understand exceeding greatness of what God has for them.
In Jesus mighty name.

This is the NARROW way that Jesus said lead to heaven and only FEW walk therein.
I can see MULTITUDE here on the BROAD way.

This world is a world of 2 kingdoms, the kingdom of God and Christ versus the kingdom of Satan and his demons, no neutral ground here on earth.

God2man.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
tearoses:
oga when you go to the barbers, do you pack up all your hair from the ground?
The person you are buying beans from do you know if she is a witch?

You have a choice.....Everyone has a choice
You can Live your life free or live in the bondage of constant fear of the unknown
crossing the road has its own dangers, but you still trust God and cross it.

Sambarry dear how are you?
Long time no see
How is Wura
Hope you are not smacking her or I will smack you tongue grin
o jare she's fine. grin
I flog her very well whenever she misbehave or doesn't take the first five positions top in her class or her teachers bring yeye report card say she dey sleep for class grin
isn't she a Nigerian child in Nigeria so why I no go flog.I no dey for all this sme sme oyinbo style abi them no flog you in primary school? grin
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by mickey226(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
I like ladies with their natural hair be it long or short, i detest any form of attachment, @ OP, no mind those that say your reasoning is shallow
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
God2man all i will say to you is GOD BLESS YOU. I pray our ladies have their eyes opened to know why many of them are having the issues they have. The problem of most ladies/men today do not need prayers. It only needs an action of taken off all the attachments,paintings,naked wears, etc.
God2man:
Nowadays, the world is fast becoming a terrible place to live. The enemy of the soul of a man, the devil, is out to pollute, defile and contaminate the lives of the children of men.

The hairdressing salon is another deadly strategy introduced by the old serpent, Satan to possess careless women.

How can six or seven girls be working on the head of one person in the name of hairstyles. Is it healthy? This is madness. Some of these girls or ladies are agents of darkness commissioned to initiate women into the demonic world.
Women will sit down for hours, while their God given virtues are transferred or replace with a demon.

It is so bad.

Another way of initiating women is this so called Brazilian hair, India hair refer to as attachment.
Attachment to the hair God had already numbered. The Bible says the hair has been counted. Why adding or attaching another dead hair from another country to God's counted hair. It is a shame. We are importing hairs from another country in the name of beauty. What a shame! What is wrong with my people? We say we are black and proud, how true?
It is a lie.

Move around the shop where they are selling these demonic, fake and dead hair rebranded as attachments, you will see girls demonstrating, I would like it to reach my back, I want it so long.

At home, men are in trouble, the economy is bad, they have money to sustain the family but not enough to play with, so men are very cautious when it comes to spending money.
Women don't reason like that they say " I want to do my hair, I want to do my hair"
This is the National anthem of women.

One day, I told my wife that I prefer the low cut to the demonic attachment. She struggled, I insisted. I thank God for my wife, very good wife . I can say boldly I am blessed with a wonderful wife. She eventually agreed.

For the first time, people queried her, they attacked my wife say why? You mean your husband said so.
Her colleagues mocked her.

After sometime she did the low cut again, then somebody said what a fine hair!
You see, I have examined women, one thing about them is that they are kinda unpredictable, they may not really know what is good for them.
Men who are suppose to be the head in terms of guiding and correcting them are the one encouraging their wives to wear trouser,leggies, backless, mini skirt, strapless,tight gown, tight skirt, spaghetti, dead women's hair, rubber hair, dread lock wig, afro wig, false eyelashes, lipstick, body hug.
They say,
I want you to look sexy. The question is ; Is your wife a prostitute?
If the answer is no, then do the needful.

Recently, women are now appreciating their God given hair, the natural hair.

What are you telling me?

Are you wiser than God?

God has given you a fine hair, no attachment, no wool, no rubber, appreciate it , make it neat, annoint it with oil, comb it.

What a marvellous God! You are wonderfully made.
You are beautiful.

This is simplicity. Humility, pure, spotless, gentle not rough with one dead hair from another country.

The head is the symbol of your destiny, your brain is very powerful. It is the control room.
Do not allow anybody to tamper with your head which is the symbol of your destiny.

Many women have entered into a strange problem because of attachment. Barrenness, dead baby in the womb, husband under seriuos attack. Untimely death of spouse, cancer, spirit husband and so on.

I pray for the present generation women that God will cause their spiritual eyes to open to understand exceeding greatness of what God has for them.
In Jesus mighty name.

God2man.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
jashar:
undecided

Just say you don't have the money to maintain the hair for now. We understand, the economy is harsh. undecided

But stop trying to bring some fake assed spiritual sentiments into this. That's where I have issues with the post.

God is a God of beauty and honour. Think I'm kidding, look how much thoughts and precious material went into the building of the ark, the tabernacle, the temple....

The challenge most people have is balance...because some people have blown some certain aspects of Christianity out of proportion doesn't mean that aspect is bad.
Fear and knowledge of God would drive you to bring honour and glory to His name in every ramifications.

As a Christian (male/female) you owe it to God to look good. So, if having a nice hair style makes you good why not? I don't mean flamboyance.

Don't lemme preach abeg.

cheesy

SAMBARRY af kee me ooo..... I'm just laughing so hard right now....

Cheeeiiiiii...... why na? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
I guess when you wear faded mega size t-shirts and Mary Amaka skirts you will enter the kingdom of God whilst all those looking good with tidy and proper looking hair will go to hell. The more scruffy and miserable looking you are the more your chances of going to heaven is

Infact you just reminded me of a clown who came to preach to me that makeup and body perfumes IS a sin that will take you to hell because theyre artificial and man made Of course I didn't hesitate to expose her stopeedity of grandeur.I said the skirt and blouse yOu're wearing including the bra and pant you're wearing. Is it God that made it.is it natural. Why didn't you take leaf and cover your breasts and vagina and be going about your buisness. Afterall leafs are God made.including the wool she used on her hair.that was the last time she preached to me

People like the ignoramus Op need to be exposed with their fanatism,illiteracy and extremism

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
My brother, whatever the bible calls sin is sin. No matter who modifies it. Check this scriptures. Ps 139:14, Jere 4:30, Gen: 35:1-6.
The only woman known to be in all those attires is Jezebel. And you know her end. May God Almighty help us
eyinjuege:

The deepest part of hell is reserved for hypocrites who come out to claim righteousness, and throw stones at those who don't keep natural hair, but would go back in the confines of their room to sleep and commit fornication, adultery with that other person in the choir.
Same people have no qualms of taking by crook/fraud what belongs to someone else, no qualms about carrying expo and cheating in exams claiming heaven help those who help themselves.

Just Kwontinu!

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by undigeh: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
eyinjuege:

Just Kwontinu!

The man spoke against sin and worldliness which God hates. Only sinners that can crucify he that stood against sin.

Christ came against sin and Satan, and he was crucified by sinners. Note that .

What women are doing is CONFORMITY TO THE WORLD. Christians should not be like the world in appearance and disposition .
Romance 12:1-2; 1John 1:15-17 etc

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by NonnyDot(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
until God open our eyes. It is not about money, it is about our lives. Thank you for this wonderful post. Recently, the popular nollywood actress voiced her encounter. keep getting adorned with such to take men eyes to u. they will all run on such event.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
SAMBARRY:
o jare she's fine. grin
I flog her very well whenever she misbehave or doesn't take the first five positions top in her class or her teachers bring yeye report card say she dey sleep for class grin
isn't she a Nigerian child in Nigeria so why I no go flog.I no dey for all this sme sme oyinbo style abi them no flog you in primary school? grin

Sambarry please stop saying these things
They give me the jitters grin grin grin
Dont let me beat you o!
Leave my Wura alone joor tongue

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by endove(f): 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
anonimi:

Is attachment your hair that you grow
she meant hair she managed ro grow with attachment
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Ezionye(f): 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=SAMBARRY post=4

I'm sure you must be one of this brokeass deeper life niggurs with one cut and sew wine faded trousers and a huge shirt.yeye dey boom undecided

And someone married this one undecided

Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by naniawini(f): 2:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
R u frm Ogoni?
SAMBARRY:
Is this one a man

What you need to be chasing is money not demons.you're not just broke but daft

You came here ranting about how daft women are and bad mouthing other people's buisness. I'm not a hairdresser but it's bad to ruin other people's buisness with your shallowness. IF YOU want your wife to look like a house girl that is your cup of tea but bringing others into your little level of ignorance and illiteracy is just the height

Fanatic.

I'm sure you must be one of this brokeass deeper life niggurs with one cut and sew wine faded trousers and a huge shirt.yeye dey boom undecided

Illiteracy and unexposure is a sin.try and leave your little village and you'll see beyond your nose.local champion. And someone married this one undecided

Lord have mercy undecided
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by fireforfire: 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op na inferiority complex dey worry u abi wetin?
See dis guy oh .
After bullying ur wife to submission ,she reluctantly agreed to cut her ,which even d bible says it's a woman's glory...... and u say she's a good woman.

U be nama I swear
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
eyinjuege:

The black woman's hair is very difficult to keep neat. It's hard, especially when exposed to air, painful when trying to comb. That's why a lot of black women use iron comb or relax their hair, and not because they want to look like white women. No matter the amount of relaxer you put on your hair, most black women's hair can never be as long as oyibo hair, but they can only be as soft.
People of mixed race have softer hair, and they don't bother with using relaxers/"perming".
Regarding the use of wigs and the weaves, some people enjoy variety, and the different looks the different hairstyles give them. Some do our traditional hairstyles like Ghana weaving, Bob Marley, corn rows etc which white women don't do, but need attachment/extensions for this to give the hair more volume and make it neater.
Even white women use artificial hair/extensions to add more volume to their hair. Few white women have full head of hair, and a lot have scanty unattractive hair, which also need to be made to look nicer by adding clip on extensions/weave on.
So black women using these hair products is not to be like their white counterparts cos that's not even possible but rather to make their own lives less stressful. They are just living their lives.
N.b- there are also hair extensions that come in the form of afro/African hair which women also use when they feel like.

The black woman's hair is very difficult to keep
- In the white woman's way.
I once allowed a white barber cut my hair. She cut it the white people's way and it was bullshit. I was able to get someone else to cut my hair, the BlackPeople's way.

The issue here is that you are copying.

White people have long straight hair. They use Combs, and tongs and chemicals to do "stuff" to the hair.

Black people have kinky hair. The white peoples combs and chemicals cannot work 100% the same way for us. Those were developed for them.

All Human beings came to this world about the same time. Black and White. And no race is inferior to another (despite Hitler's attempts).

Since the works began till barely 100years ago, black people being taking care of their hair the Black-People way. White people being doing the same the White-people way.

It is because you want to take care of your hair the White-People way, that is why you can justify combs and attachments and straighteners.

But they don't want to take care of their hair the Black-People way. No-no. In their lifestyle and culture, White people are always Right. And all black people ever do is copy them.... Niki Minaj, Michael Jackson,....

We had a culture. We HAVE our cultures. And in these cultures, we made our hair. And been doing that for thousands of years. It is slavery that brought about that necessity to comply - to fit it.

Check out Nat King Cole. A man who permed his hair. Why? Because the whites wouldn't allow him into their performances. Dude had to perm hair, smoke cigar and change accent... JUST to fit into whiteman's world.

If you wish to trash your culture, you will sha remember it during your traditional marriage.

If you wanna trash something, just trash it. Not f**king around trying to be white, and at the same time INSISTING on traditional marriage..

What f**king traditional?

My mother relaxed her hair through out here life. today, she is 70 and she is bald. All the hair don comot. Thank you.
My sister copied suit. Cold do catch her. Her hair was falling off. She don rethink the situation. She is 44. She no gree perm again.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by fireforfire: 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
blesoh:

You can say that again. Am sure he Looks at other women with their wigs on.
Exactly .

It's dis type of men dat flirt around like dogs. Anythin in skirt goes. Yet he's trying to protect his wife b cos of guilty conscience.

Yeye man . Chaii I pity ur wife . She married such a slow poke

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by fireforfire: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
emperortony:
so my wife should come out looking like ubeke, abi....you wife is urs to treat and so is mine.

Dnt mind d goat.
He thinks his useless write up will encourage other guys to follow his footstep.
He ended up disgracing himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by God2man(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Your hair style may cause hair loss.
Study
May 5, 2016.

Jonathan Zovoe

Certain hair styles may cause hair loss,
a new research has suggested.

19 Studies were reviewed by a team of researchers from Johns Hopkins School of medicine in Baltimore and published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, found a relationship between scalp pulling hair styles and gradual hair loss.

The research says it is common among African and African American women. Their hair styles causes damage to the hair follicle because of tension at the hair root.

It also determine that chemical straightening of hair increases the damage caused by these hair styles.
The hair begins to break because the shaft of the hair would have become weakened.

Extension, especially those which adhesive is applied directly to the scalp can also damage hair, leading to hair loss.

The research also added that use of straighteners on the hair, such as blow drying and use of flat irons, could also weakened the hair leading to thinning and balding.

A Professor of dermatology at Hopkins, Dr. Crystal Aguh, in a University news release said "some hair styles meant to boot our self confidence lead to hair loss and scalp damage".

Aguh said, " Hair is a cornerstone of self esteem and identity for many people but ironically, some hair styles meant to improve our self confidence actually lead to hair and scalp damage"

The researchers advised that extensions should be removed after six to eight weeks and braided hairstyles should not last longer two to three months.

However, untreated hair was found to be better at sustaining damage done to it during styling.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by jashar(f): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
SAMBARRY:
I guess when you wear faded mega size t-shirts and Mary Amaka skirts you will enter the kingdom of God whilst all those looking good with tidy and proper looking hair will go to hell. The more scruffy and miserable looking you are the more your chances of going to heaven is

Infact you just reminded me of a clown who came to preach to me that makeup and body perfumes IS a sin that will take you to hell because theyre artificial and man made Of course I didn't hesitate to expose her stopeedity of grandeur.I said the skirt and blouse yOu're wearing including the bra and pant you're wearing. Is it God that made it.is it natural. Why didn't you take leaf and cover your breasts and vagina and be going about your buisness. Afterall leafs are God made.including the wool she used on her hair.that was the last time she preached to me

People like the ignoramus Op need to be exposed with their fanatism,illiteracy and extremism

you af keeeeeeee me ooooooooooo................................ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In short, I'm short of words. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by HaneefahRN(f): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
You dislike attachments, good. So why bully your wife into cutting her hair, you didn't see hair on her head when you married her abi undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by byvan03: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Its his type of Nigga that would be fhucking one skank on the side who has longass fake & cheap Brazilian weaves and extensions, dresses in tights and tubes, wears pumps with 6 inch heels and is made-up to look like a 1 dollar hoe.

grin grin

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by eyinjuege: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

The black woman's hair is very difficult to keep
- In the white woman's way.
I once allowed a white barber cut my hair. She cut it the white people's way and it was bullshit. I was able to get someone else to cut my hair, the BlackPeople's way.

The issue here is that you are copying.

White people have long straight hair. They use Combs, and tongs and chemicals to do "stuff" to the hair.

Black people have kinky hair. The white peoples combs and chemicals cannot work 100% the same way for us. Those were developed for them.

All Human beings came to this world about the same time. Black and White. And no race is inferior to another (despite Hitler's attempts).

Since the works began till barely 100years ago, black people being taking care of their hair the Black-People way. White people being doing the same the White-people way.

It is because you want to take care of your hair the White-People way, that is why you can justify combs and attachments and straighteners.

But they don't want to take care of their hair the Black-People way. No-no. In their lifestyle and culture, White people are always Right. And all black people ever do is copy them.... Niki Minaj, Michael Jackson,....

We had a culture. We HAVE our cultures. And in these cultures, we made our hair. And been doing that for thousands of years. It is slavery that brought about that necessity to comply - to fit it.

Check out Nat King Cole. A man who permed his hair. Why? Because the whites wouldn't allow him into their performances. Dude had to perm hair, smoke cigar and change accent... JUST to fit into whiteman's world.

If you wish to trash your culture, you will sha remember it during your traditional marriage.

If you wanna trash something, just trash it. Not f**king around trying to be white, and at the same time INSISTING on traditional marriage..

What f**king traditional?

My mother relaxed her hair through out here life. today, she is 70 and she is bald. All the hair don comot. Thank you.
My sister copied suit. Cold do catch her. Her hair was falling off. She don rethink the situation. She is 44. She no gree perm again.

I can confidently tell you that hair relaxers were developed for black kinky hair. White people do not use relaxers.
They may use tongs or rollers to get waves and rolls on their hair .
Anything they use on their hair was created/man-made whether conditioners or whatever and not created by God, yet you find it acceptable for them to use these hair treatments and not for black people to use the same man-made products on their hair?
If its the issue of copying black Americans who relaxers were developed for, it's not a new thing. I'm sure you're using a phone that was not created by an African, most likely the body cream you use is not adiagbon or she's butter which we Africans have been using since time immemorial . Even if you're using Vaseline on your body, it was created by the white man and copied by us. You need to stop copying oyibo and stop using body cream , hair cream. Only use ori.
As per your sister's hair falling off, that's her. She's getting old, hair begins to thin at a certain age, even in oyibo. People react to different relaxers, she may just need a milder relaxer for kids or texturiser.
There are some other women who are in their sixties who are blessed with hair, and still have their hair full, relax it well and doing fine .
Like with fashion, it comes in different phases/waves , people are going natural again, but give it sometime, they go back. No big deal.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by Dom2020: 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Bros, have u heard the word. over spritualization of d spiritual truth, it seems u want to be holy than God, continue.
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by eyinjuege: 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chosen1984:
My brother, whatever the bible calls sin is sin. No matter who modifies it. Check this scriptures. Ps 139:14, Jere 4:30, Gen: 35:1-6.
The only woman known to be in all those attires is Jezebel. And you know her end. May God Almighty help us

I hope you know it's a sin to eat titus fish, cat fish and all other fish that don't have scales?
PS 139:14- If you are truly fearfully and wonderfully made, I dare you to go out into your street NAKED. That was how you were made, you didn't come out of your mother in clothes. Clothing, food are all parts of culture. Culture is ever evolving. Pls sociologists should educate us more on this culture thing, and how man in his daily sojourn has imbibed other cultures into theirs. Oyibo too don dey cook jollof rice btw, dem dey cook and chop Asian, Chinese meals too. Their culture too dey evolve.
Jeremiah 4: lets start from vs 4- circumcise yourself, and take away the foreskin from your HEART. We're talking of a mind renewal here, and not literally removing your heart's foreskin. Vs 30 isn't just talking and asking them not to wear a particular color, fine they won't wear crimson but blue clothes, they won't use gold but silver jewellery instead.
Gen 35:1-6: Do you think it's the garment Jacob was wearing then and asked to change into is the shirt and trousers you're putting on now? Regarding the use of jewellery specifically earrings being the only one mentioned in the passage you quoted, Can people be at least be allowed to wear nose rings, ankle chain and necklaces since those weren't mentioned in the Bible?

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by UuzbaGuuzba: 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
eyinjuege:

I can confidently tell you that hair relaxers were developed for black kinky hair. White people do not use relaxers.
.....relax it well and doing fine .
Like with fashion, it comes in different phases/waves , people are going natural again, but give it sometime, they go back. No big deal.

Na hear my own vex dey. What is this supposed to symbolise? Is this not the height to copy-copy?

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by graphiti: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
ladyF:
You did what!!!! angryIf I'm getting you right, your argument is women should cut their hair because of the demons in attachment? Hahahahaha!!! C'mon this is really shallow reasoning na... Or you want your wife 4 be looking unattractive so that men will not be eyeing her.. Talk true o OP. If this is the case, your insecurity has gone beyond the high heavens, God be with you Sir. grin

Abeg I go manage the demons and trust God to keep me. Hair that I suffered to grow. cheesy Ain't cutting any hair for anybody.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Good! Don't cut....... but what baffles me is attaching Brazilian/Peruvian/Ghanaian/Togolese hair/wig to ds same hair u #suffered~to~grow!

Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
naniawini:
R u frm Ogoni?
no

Next
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by SAMBARRY: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
tearoses:

Sambarry please stop saying these things
They give me the jitters grin grin grin
Dont let me beat you o!
Leave my Wura alone joor tongue
yes ma grin grin
Re: I Told My Wife To Cut Her Hair by eyinjuege: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=undigeh post=46171870][/quote]

What you term worldliness, is someone else's normal. Even the oyibo you claim African women are copying, will God judge them differently? Is he not a just God again? Will the yardstick he uses to judge them be different from Nigerians? Will it be different from Asians? Will it be different from Eskimos? Will it be different from man/woman? I hope you know Indian women wear saris exposing their Tommies? That's their traditional wear, are they all going to hell? They also wear trousers.
When we talk of Nigerian traditional wear, how many of you wear your traditional wears but only copy oyibo shirt and trousers.
God is more interested in the state of your heart. Who cares if you don't wear jewellery, makeup trousers and yet you cannot show love to that your neighbor? Your heart is nothing to write home about.
Like with a lot of hypocritical Sadducees and Pharisees, people ignore the most important commandment of LOVE and start chasing shadows since their hearts cannot comprehend the concept.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice / Traders Rescue Baby Gasping For Air After Being Locked Up In Car By Mum In Lagos / Getting Married As An Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.