Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola (34438 Views)

PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope / Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2016
rhektor:

I wonder why you decided to be this silly, do Muslim students wear hijab to public schools in the southwest? Which school did you attend that is a public school in the southwest that permits that?
For you to say that the Christian leaders are the one fanning the ember of chaos shows how shallow minded you are. My question to you is "is it the Christian leaders in Osun that started the hijab war?" the Muslims asserted that it is their fundamental right, if everyone is to claim such religious right do you think such a society wouldn't be plunged into chaos?
Just imagine the traditional worshipers ogun, oya Sango Ifa priests etc decided to ask for theirs too where or what do you think would have happened in Osun?
Guy you better know what to say before coming online to display your foolishness.

Quote me and see yourself in hell.
Mod ban me again it won't stop this, you can kill a messenger but the message lives forever

So much for being a gate keeper of hell.

most of you just hide under religion to do evil.

I attended attended 3 different missionary primary schools ( An Anglican , a Methodist and an Ansar us deen ) and that was the practice all through.

These schools were established by the missionaries of both faiths with the contribution and assistance of the host communities but later taken over during the military era and since been run . manage and financed by the government using the public resources.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Ms Beremx, what happened to freedom to dress as one pleases? Why is it difficult for us to tolerate and overlook what we don't believe in?
freedom of dressing in a school? really?
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by CandyDiamond(f): 11:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Those using America and Britain as yardstick for wearing of Hijab, Homosexuality(gays and lesbianism), that is been practice in America and Britain freely should also be practiced in Nigeria freely.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
Naijacitizen:
Why does wearing hijab by Muslim woman affect Christians? Do you people want our sister to go around half naked like your very own sister who are causing nuisance in our society ? Bunch of hypocrites and intolerant.
egbon...the issue here is in our school and not in the public, the school have rules and regulations which you signed as a parent before enrolling you child in the school, some of which include "every student must be on school uniform during school hours" and from what i can recall hijab is not a school uniform. So get your fact right before insulting other peoples religion because no religion in the world wants to associate themselves with muslims. That's why they're labelled "terrorist" in every inch and corner of the world.

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by anonimi: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Ms Beremx, what happened to freedom to dress as one pleases? Why is it difficult for us to tolerate and overlook what we don't believe in?

Thanks.
Religious intolerance by SINNERS who pretend to be holy holy will DESTROY our country if care is not taken.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3387272_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages944034101539392828963508174362134222353068n_jpeg9f14d18b22820e8aa84a71659b27ff28

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by rhektor(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

So much for being a gate keeper of hell.

most of you just hide under religion to do evil.

I attended attended 3 different missionary primary schools ( An Anglican , a Methodist and an Ansar us deen ) and that was the practice all through.

These schools were established by the missionaries of both faiths with the contribution and assistance of the host communities but later taken over during the military era and since been run . manage and financed by the government using the public resources.

What you just said did not answer the questions above or are you trying to dodge them?
Why beat about the bush? Anyway, it's a childish way to chicken out after all I don't expect you to answer logically, since you are blinded by hatred for Christianity. You are on your own

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by teepain: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Nigeria is supposedly a secular state therefore the issue of religion and religious uniforms shouldn't be entertained at all.

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2016
titilayur:

the schools are missionary schools, own by Christian, pls read the write up again

My Sis, they are like the normal public schools you see around everywhere from north to south. These schools were established by the missionaries in those but later taken over by the government. That's why you have all this St Mary's primary schools , Baptist schools . Ansar-ud-deen primarily schools etc.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2016
Till Aisha Buhari and her daughters start wearing hijab to public functions,then i will support wearing of hijab to schools in Osun state.

Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 11:46am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

The same way it is unlike Yoruba to be inciting religious intolerance.

Tell me none of classmates used hijab during your school days and if they did how does that affect your own religious believe. BRO, U RE FUNNY,BUT IS THE GOVERNOR THAT APPROVE SUCH.

The governor banned the use of hijab the Christians celebrate and instead of the Muslims to protest and cause disturbances they followed the legal path and the court ruled in their favour , how is that Aregbes fault ? why can't the Christian leaders appeal the judgement instead of overheating the polity ?

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 11:47am On Jun 16, 2016
HYPOCRITE.
Naijacitizen:
Why does wearing hijab by Muslim woman affect Christians? Do you people want our sister to go around half naked like your very own sister who are causing nuisance in our society? Bunch of hypocrites and intolerant.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by hamzeiy: 11:47am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

at last someone with brains on nairaland.
muslims for Godsake are known with hijab..they went to the level of geting a court order to legalze their position. CAN here is been very immature .they are the one looking for trouble where their is non. unfortunately alot of my xtain brothers here we go blind to facts just because CAN is mentioned and the governor happens to be a muslim..#stu.pidity

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by modath(f): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2016
anonimi:

The same way that many foolishly said that Nigerians don't do suicide bombs as we love life too much. Then Boko Haram terrorists showed us how WRONG we were. Not so
Keep hiding behind politics instead of calling out Aregbe NOW before it is too late.

Everything that should make sense inside of you has already either been sacrificed on the altar of inane photography or to pick crumbs of your political paymasters table.... so I know better than to expect civility/logic from you.. where did you see me supporting mixing religion with education? If not that bias has taken you hostage, you'd have seen I totally am against making religion focal point in schools..

If my opinion isn't enough for you, why don't you organise your fellow political thugs to Osun state govt house to beat him up!! Abeg swerve with your useless election loss bad belle, off points & poster colour! Iranu.. Mtcheew.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Maybe you should shot up!!!! How come it it only school started by missionaries and that had their traditions is being made to accommodate symbols of another religion What is Aregbe and those Muslims looking for? There is a federal school in Osun, why are Muslims there not insisting they should be allow to wear hijab? Una never talk wetin una dey fine

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Ninilowo(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2016
malele:
This arebgesola is just a nonentity
original one
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by aksule(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Religion tearing us apart. In the north or rather some part of the north religion has been a war that is fantastically tearing them apart. Killing and maiming a fellow human being simply because he or she does not believe in your religion. God should not have allowed human beings to control religion just as we have no powers to control the sun, moon, air etc. Why don't you practice your beliefs and leave the rest to the almighty God. Nobody died and came back. Even the two leading prophets refused to come back. Neither the handler of African traditional religion comes back once he or she is dead. So why don't you practice your beliefs peacefully and let the other peacefully after all non goes there and comes back to tell us what goes on beyond the earth. How we wear our clothes is purely our design whether a Muslim or Christian. We created clothes, TV, aeroplane, motor cars, lorries, trains, telephone etc so how we use the aforementioned items depends entirely on we the human beings.. The beautiful architectural built churches, mosques and shrines are for human comforts. In the village, we prayed in thatch houses so what are we talking about. There our children roam about naked or half dressed.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by murmee: 11:55am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

it is left for you to do your investigation on issues before joining any side as I don't have of the time educating elderly ones on what they suppose to do instead of involving themselves in mob mentality.

This issue has been on ground for more than a year but because the court ruled in favour of the Muslims and people started accusing him of influencing the judgement. An accusation which they can't even defend.

why can't the Christian leaders appeal the judgement and follow the legal path towed by their Muslim colleagues ? I don't know religious leaders start behaving like this sef.
You want christians to appeal a judgment that favors muslims in a Muslim state? My dear, you will be wasting your time and money because the judgment was biased in the first place. Everyone knows the meaning of Uniform. Check the dictionary or even Google.

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by murmee: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

it is left for you to do your investigation on issues before joining any side as I don't have of the time educating elderly ones on what they suppose to do instead of involving themselves in mob mentality.

This issue has been on ground for more than a year but because the court ruled in favour of the Muslims and people started accusing him of influencing the judgement. An accusation which they can't even defend.

why can't the Christian leaders appeal the judgement and follow the legal path towed by their Muslim colleagues ? I don't know religious leaders start behaving like this sef.

You want christians to appeal a judgment that favors muslims in a Muslim state? My dear, you will be wasting your time and money because the judgment was biased in the first place. Everyone knows the meaning of Uniform. Check the dictionary or even Google.

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Funjosh(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2016
salaksmana:
He shouldn't have merge schools, that was the genesis of all this crisis. He was warned but he didn't listen. Separate them now, he won't still listen.

That was where the confusion start from. Missionary schools that have their own standards are now forced to accept what they are not used to. If the missionary schools says they don't wanted hijab in missionary school respect their wish.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
ziccoit:

Look around you bru. You will see lots of people wearing hijabs over their dresses. How many people do you see in church garments? How many people put on church robes over, native, English wears, coats etc?

Church robes which hitherto only seen in churches are now good for schools! Even those who wear it in churches keep them inside their bags and only put them on as they enter their churches! What kind of logic is that?
Let the CAN approach court just like the Muslims did for interpretation of that constitutional provision as affects the church robes and let's see what will come out of that. The current position and stance of CAN is barbaric and archaic which is not compatible with current reality.
we're talking about christian secondary school girls here and using the dress mode of adult christians to make a point. I don't blame you.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by slapacha: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
aragbesola is an idiot.. a disgrace to southwest politicians
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

I am done with this issue. have a nice day bro.

quote me when you guys turn the state into chaos and burn down anything on sight in the name fighting the course of God and some of us will start taking you all serious
Actually you muslims are known for doing that'

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by EmperorTayo1864(m): 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
mike404:
shocked shocked :oAAAAH! EGBON YOU DON USE STYLE OLD O shocked OYA TRIPPLE TUALE TO YOU AGBALAGBI

no more tuale now its buate
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
rhektor:

What you just said did not answer the questions above or are you trying to dodge them?
Why beat about the bush? Anyway, it's a childish way to chicken out after all I don't expect you to answer logically, since you are blinded by hatred for Christianity. You are on your own

Hatred for Christianity you say lolzzz.

Some of you problems is the fear of unknown . Everybody not reason along your line must be a hater. for your information, I have no course to hate any religion . My mum is a strong MFM member, I have Christian in my nuclear and extended families so why should I hate any religion ? It is you guys advocating breaking down of law and order hiding over the hijab on Aliyah's head but mainly because the schools were merged that is practicing hatred and division through religion.

Have you ever lay your own foot in a mosque before ? to some of you it is a forbidden thing meanwhile the person you are accusing of hating Christianity have not step his leg in mosque for 2years now but I was at Cannan land some weeks ago on friends invite. it was their 35th anniversary and Pastor Adeboye was the invited minister . I was their for three services and even met Bishop Bisoye ( name not too sure but I learnt he is the second in command to Bishop Oyedepo.

I was lucky to have been trained in both religion and I have attended different churches more than a hundred times unlike some of you hiding under religion to hate on others. I will soon be getting married to wonderful Christian lady and will never stop her from practicing her religion because I can't carry her cross with mine on the judgement day. Are you tolerant enough to do all this ?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
you are viewing the issue sentimentally, that's why you can't seem to see that it's all an agenda unfolding.

First, aregbesola merged schools of different origin and beliefs. Why would a governor cancel an ancient land mark by bringing Islamic schools and merging them with Christian schools? The Muslim's that were used to wearing their hijab to school continued such which made the governor to ban it so as to seem like there wasn't an agenda.

Their next move was to go to court in the guise of fighting for their right knowing fully well they were going to be favoured judiciarilly cos the state government, who would be the defendant, would put up a weak defence. This led to the court favouring the Islamic people and hijab wearing, stating that it's is their religious right.

To show you that it is all an agenda, why would aregbesola threaten to expel any student wearing Christian robs or attire to school? Is it not also their Religous right as stipulated by Justice Falola? Why the preferential treatment if he wasn't part of the grand agenda?

There's no need for the CAN leaders to appeal the case cos they might not get a fair hearing. They have agreed for hijab to be worn to schools. So, Muslim's and the state government should allowed Christians and people of other religion to wear their religious attires if they do wish. Giving preferential treatment to the muslims is tantamount to saying they own the schools and the government. The law has been passed: Allow religious rights in schools.

cc beremx

This is the complete summary and pwrfect answer. Anybody who has a sense of justice and fairness in a multicultural society will see clearly through this post what is the crux of this matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
Laid2001:
The problem was any covering of the head was not allowed by the schools. No scarf allowed .
The muslim students went to court to exercise their fundamental Human right! and the court has ruled in their favour.

Do you know that the oyo state students were allowed to use ijab as well? but no one will hear the noice.!

Since even among the Muslims not all use it. It is when government decide to barn ijab that people will force it with them.

Since we want to encourage people to go to school, and the Muslim girls were wearing their ijab before school, then it sounds reasonable to allow them wear it to school.

As for those wearing robe and choir gown, na them go soon tire, since that is not their normal wears.

Every public school in Nigeria has beret for female students, it optional... So if you wanna cover your hair then use the school beret which is a school wear and not hijab which is not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by MKO4ever(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
you are viewing the issue sentimentally, that's why you can't seem to see that it's all an agenda unfolding.

First, aregbesola merged schools of different origin and beliefs. Why would a governor cancel an ancient land mark by bringing Islamic schools and merging them with Christian schools? The Muslim's that were used to wearing their hijab to school continued such which made the governor to ban it so as to seem like there wasn't an agenda.

Their next move was to go to court in the guise of fighting for their right knowing fully well they were going to be favoured judiciarilly cos the state government, who would be the defendant, would put up a weak defence. This led to the court favouring the Islamic people and hijab wearing, stating that it's is their religious right.

To show you that it is all an agenda, why would aregbesola threaten to expel any student wearing Christian robs or attire to school? Is it not also their Religous right as stipulated by Justice Falola? Why the preferential treatment if he wasn't part of the grand agenda?

There's no need for the CAN leaders to appeal the case cos they might not get a fair hearing. They have agreed for hijab to be worn to schools. So, Muslim's and the state government should allowed Christians and people of other religion to wear their religious attires if they do wish. Giving preferential treatment to the muslims is tantamount to saying they own the schools and the government. The law has been passed: Allow religious rights in schools.

cc beremx
You are a womanizer! why are you copying beremx?
On this matter. Please all those Christian students wearing church garments must ensure they wear the garment everywhere they go (including birthday parties and other events) if that is not done, then they are hypocrites.
Wearing hijab is a way of dressing for muslim women, why is it now bringing headache at this moment?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by rhektor(m): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Hatred for Christianity you say lolzzz.

Some of you problems is the fear of unknown . Everybody not reason along your line must be a hater. for your information, I have no course to hate any religion . My mum is a strong MFM member, I have Christian in my nuclear and extended families so why should I hate any religion ? It is you guys advocating breaking down of law and order hiding over the hijab on Aliyah's head but mainly because the schools were merged that is practicing hatred and division through religion.

Have you ever lay your own foot in a mosque before ? to some of you it is a forbidden thing meanwhile the person you are accusing of hating Christianity have not step his leg in mosque for 2years now but I was at Cannan land some weeks ago on friends invite. it was their 35th anniversary and Pastor Adeboye was the invited minister . I was their for three services and even met Bishop Bisoye ( name not too sure but I learnt he is the second in command to Bishop Oyedepo.

I was lucky to have been trained in both religion and I have attended different churches more than a hundred times unlike some of you hiding under religion to hate on others. I will soon be getting married to wonderful Christian lady and will never stop her from practicing her religion because I can't carry her cross with mine on the judgement day. Are you tolerant enough to do all this ?

All these has not answered the question you are just begging the question.
FYI I have been to mosque several times, infact inumerable times, my mother was a Muslim, all her family that I know are Muslims and I don't hate them, my younger sisters two of them are married to Muslims. I never objected their marriage to Muslims.
My brother your hasty generalization has nothing with me. Just answer the questions I asked earlier logically,simple.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by murmee: 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is not the time for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to keep quiet, if he, is indeed the Asiwaju of Yoruba land. He should intervene and save the South West from unnecessary chaos.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Mr noethnicity why do schools have "school uniform?"
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
Actually you muslims are known for doing that'

You see part of the problem with your judgement of other religion People from all walk of live have bad people among them but its bad blaming it on their religion. Its like saying Christians are drug pushers because bad eggs from some regions are into drugs . Are the Niger Delta Avengers Muslims too ?

darlingtonIIV:
we're talking about christian secondary school girls here and using the dress mode of adult christians to make a point. I don't blame you.

Those schools are public schools not missionary schools anymore . Any school that is public is open to people of different religion.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by idowusegun2016(m): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
I don't know what's wrong with this aregbe... he is behaving like an illiterate....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Customs Intercepts Combat-ready Drone, Military Hardware At MMIA (pic) / Nnamdi Kanu & His Father Meet With South-East Governors In Enugu / Oil Deal: House Throws Out Report Clearing Diezani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.