Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola (34449 Views)

PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope / Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by TheLastIdiot: 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Naijacitizen:
Why does wearing hijab by Muslim woman affect Christians? Do you people want our sister to go around half naked like your very own sister who are causing nuisance in our society? Bunch of hypocrites and intolerant.
Shut up ur teeth there!!!
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Beremx:
I remember my secondary school days in the north early 90's. the mode for dressing for Christians in my school was a beret,skirt and blouse. for Muslims it was kaftan and scarf. it wasn't compulsory though as Christians could wear Muslims dress code or vice-versa. Till now, that's the dress code. Imagine that in a federal school.

Why then should students wear hijabs in Osun state for crying out loud?

The problems of those trying to cause chaos in Osun state is not the hijab because like I say they been wearing that for God knows when. What you call scarfs then is now what is modernized or called hijabs around here because it is easier to use and you don't have to be tying and untying the scarf every time . it was down by the neck so they pull it on like a cap and can be removed at once. The type of hijab those students use that I am aware is short and mostly rhyme with their school uniform.

Their is a thread here already where Obama was pictured with an hijab wearing student in a mix school and people are already arguing if the thing on her head is hijab or scarf.

The main issue causing the headache is the merger of some of the public schools in the state. Anything public can't be restricted to people of other faith again but some are still claiming those schools are missionary schools.

I don't really support the merger myself because I don't really understand his reason for that but is it only Christian established missionary schools that he merged ? The same way he merged the Muslims schools he did to the Christian ones and that's when you start seeing all those new , beautiful and gigantic structures unlike the small dilapidated structures of the past . People are only hiding behind hijab which is actually not what they are fighting against.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Ephemmm: 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
[s]
Alphaoscar:

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

Edit *** To the bigots abusing me and calling those schools missionary schools please get your fact right . Those schools were established by the missionaries of Christian and Islamic faith but were later taken over by the government couple of decades ago.

The moment the government assume responsibility on them they ceased to be private schools but government schools . Students of whatever faiths or no faith are free to attend those schools.
[/s]

I don't know who is more confused between Aregbesola and you. From the history, each school has its own uniform which Aregbesola cancelled to promote uniformity and one identity throughout the state: is the use of hijab not an attempt to promote more segregations he claim to put an end to by cancellation of their respective uniforms?

The fool, call Aregbe did not even hide his fanatism: he was even harassing other religion who chose to practice their faith too: the question is - if muslim students have rights to practice their religion in public schools, what makes it an offence for other religions to practice theirs too?

Christianity and other religions too have their own mode of dressing, which they put aside when it comes to public school, but reverse is the case when it comes to islam all in an attempt to promote dominance.

Nobody is saying you should not practice your religious rite because answarudeen, tajudeen school etc are there for you to cater for your needs not in public school.

Get it right.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dvm*** Dvm***

I am very much in support of the use of hijab. If you are arguing for its ban, come up with intelligent arguments. Your mo..ronic argument is just what it is....MOR..ONIC
playboy19:

Look, invalids like you won't get responses from me. I gave you an opportunity to state your line of argument but what did you do? You were caught fuming all over the place. No single point laid out. I'd advice you shut your gob over this topic and forever hold your peace, or well you'd find dunces like you to have a go at.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by SuperS1Panther: 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Dvm** Dvm**

Do a Baptist wear garments every single day? tongue

They are both government-owned schools. Ansaruden can definitely not force all non-Muslims to wear the hijab or worship the Islamic way grin neither can Baptist ask Muslims to worship or not us ehte Hijab. If they want it, let them start funding their own schools!" Shikena!

Mufu get it right.

Wear your hijab,no one is complaining.

But that fanatical and financially reckless Governor does not have any right to expel any child that is''merely'' exercising his or her fundamental right to religion, as entrenched in the same constitution and in accordance with Justice Falola's ruling.

Xtians can wear any religious dress, traditionalists can wear any of their religious attire. AMORCs can wear what suits their religion, Rosicruscians can wear what allows them to exercise the right to religion and Ogbonis children equally have the same right to wear anything that he or she feels is their religious dress too.

If the goatie and scruffy looking corrupt Gov cannot allow others to exercise their right, then he should unmerge the schools and give back the schools to the missionaries of all faiths.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by MasterofNL: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ephemmm:
[s][/s]

I don't know who is more confused between Aregbesola and you. From the history, each school has its own uniform which Aregbesola cancelled to promote uniformity and one identity throughout the state: is the use of hijab not an attempt to promote more segregations he claim to put an end to by cancellation of their respective uniforms?

The fool, call Aregbe did not even hide his fanatism: he was even harassing other religion who chose to practice their faith too: the question is - if muslim students have rights to practice their religion in public schools, what makes it an offence for other religions to practice theirs too?

Christianity and other religions too have their own mode of dressing, which they put aside when it comes to public school, but reverse is the case when it comes to islam all in an attempt to promote dominance.

Nobody is saying you should not practice your religious rite because answarudeen, tajudeen school etc are there for you to cater for your needs not in public school.

Get it right.

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Government schools means PUBLIC SCHOOLS. EVERYONE HAS A STAKE IN THEM. EVERY SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS CANNOT EXCLUDE CERTAIN GROUP WITHOUT A GODDAMN GOOD REASON. THEY CANNOT ALSO CONTRAVENE THE CONSTITION OR JUDGEMENT

1) Your problem is that you fail to understand that using the hijab does not affect the uniform in a anyway
2) I have never seen my Anglican neighbor wearing his garment 24/7 or anytime he/she is going out
3) My family has roots in paganism. So I can tell you that you how I am yet to meet a pagan that does everything with his/her 'uniform'. Whatever that means undecided
4) Sikhs are allowed to use their turbans while Muslim ladies are allowed to use hijabs. Uhmmmm.....I am yet to see how it affects the uniform in the UK.
5) Banning hijabs restricts hijabites from practicing their religion. If you knew the significance of hijab for those that believe in it, you will realise how dvmb you sound. Your uniform does not restrict an Ifa worshiper or a Christian.
6) I don't see how its use is harmful to anyone. Well, it would be to a mischief maker tongue
7) I hope I have treated your ailment

1) Hijab is a private thing.Ii don't see how it affects you or a non-hijabite

2) Other countries do not teach religion the way we do in our schools yet hijab is allowed. What exactly is your problem?

Your comeback should be based on how banning of hijab does/does not limit freedom of expression and why it is necessary (or not) to ban it. Okay? undecided

darlingtonIIV:
Every school has "Rules and Regulations". Only School uniforms are allowed in School, hijab is not a school uniform, you're in school to learn. After school you can wear the hijab and move on with your religious life. No one gives an F.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
shala01:

Maybe you should shot up!!!! How come it it only school started by missionaries and that had their traditions is being made to accommodate symbols of another religion What is Aregbe and those Muslims looking for? There is a federal school in Osun, why are Muslims there not insisting they should be allow to wear hijab? Una never talk wetin una dey fine

how did arrive at such a brainless conclusion that it is only Christian established missionary schools that the court rulings will be applied.

They have been using their hijabs before Aregbesola merged the schools which is no fault of the students that the government merged them with some bunch of haters .
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mufu is a nice name though grin but Omo ale isn't. You are an OMO AL**

THEY WILL WEAR THAT HIJAB WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

You have been dismissed since Tuesday. grin. Please don't quote me again
SuperS1Panther:

Mufu get it right.

But that fanatical and financially reckless Governor does not have any right to expel any child that is''merely'' exercising his or her fundamental right to religion, as entrenched in the same constitution and in accordance with Justice Falola's ruling.

Xtians can wear any religious dress, traditionalists can wear any of their religious attire. AMORCs can wear what suits their religion, Rosicruscians can wear what allows them to exercise the right to religion and Ogbonis children equally have the same right to wear anything that he or she feels is their religious dress too.

If the goatie and scruffy looking corrupt Gov cannot allow others to exercise their right, then he should unmerge the schools and give back the schools to the missionaries of all faiths.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by playboy19(m): 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Dvm*** Dvm***

I am very much in support of the use of hijab. If you are arguing for its ban, come up with intelligent arguments. Your mo..ronic argument is just what it is....MOR..ONIC

You see that's where you are wrong and I wouldn't be surprise to know that you a teenager, cos well you write like a child. Plus you're too full of emotions and religious sentiments.

Not for a minute have i mention anything about banning hijab, I mean this thing has been around for like forever but my problem is with aregbesola threatening the other side for wearing their own religious garment or accessory. It's like saying, hey this freedom of religious expression law covers the Muslim to wear their hijab, but unfortunately, it can't cover the Christians and the traditionalist. Isn't that hypocritical? I wouldn't expect you to see it that way anyway. You are who you are.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Government schools means PUBLIC SCHOOLS. EVERYONE HAS A STAKE IN THEM. EVERY SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS CANNOT EXCLUDE CERTAIN GROUP WITHOUT A GODDAMN GOOD REASON. THEY CANNOT ALSO CONTRAVENE THE CONSTITION OR JUDGEMENT

I want you to tell me from your own sense of reasoning without being judgmental, "if wearing of hijab is right according to constitution, why is it causing this chaos and tension in osun?"
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
Confused man, read again. This time take it slowly.

I don't care what Areagbesola chose to do to schools HE funds. So far it does not restrict other people from practicing their religion, I am good with it smiley. And Baptist DO NOT WEAR ROBES OR GARMENT TO SCHOOL, neither do these robes and garments have anything to do with Christianity so there is no argument there at all. By the way, he was the one that banned hijab initially cool.

You really need to stop using that lame uniform argument. We can as well ask everyone to come to school with white bra and panties and everyone must comply because it is uniformed undecided.

I am through with your ass for today, i will get back to you when I have your time again.

Ephemmm:
[s][/s]

Get it right.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
He threatened them because garments and robes are not Christian like. The use of them is an attempt to cause mischief so he can do whatever he wishes to ensure they restrain themselves.

playboy19:

You see that's where you are wrong and I wouldn't be surprise to know that you a teenager, cos well you write like a child. Plus you're too full of emotions and religious sentiments.

Not for a minute have i mention anything about banning hijab, I mean this thing has been around for like forever but my problem is with aregbesola threatening the other side for wearing their own religious garment or accessory. It's like saying, hey this freedom of religious expression law covers the Muslim to wear their hijab, but unfortunately, it can't cover the Christians and the traditionalist. Isn't that hypocritical? I wouldn't expect you to see it that way anyway. You are who you are.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
THE CONSTITUTION DOES NOT NEED TO PUT IT DOWN SPECIFICALLY LIKE THE WAY YOU DID. Ask any lawyer around mister

darlingtonIIV:
I want you to tell me from your own sense of reasoning without being judgmental, "if wearing of hijab is right according to constitution, why is it causing this chaos and tension in osun?"
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by SuperS1Panther: 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Mufu is a nice name though grin but Omo ale isn't. You are an OMO AL**

THEY WILL WEAR THAT HIJAB WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

You have been dismissed since Tuesday. grin. Please don't quote me again

''Eleribu'' of international dimension.

OTHER FAITHS WILL WEAR THERE RELIGIOUS DRESSES AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU AND YOUR MISTAKE OF THE CENTURY OF THE GOV CAN DO ABOUT IT.

I have quoted you. DO your worst.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Omo Ale Yoruba

WOE BETIDE THEM IF THEY CANNOT SUSTAIN IT! grin grin grin

Don't quote me again

SuperS1Panther:

''Eleribu'' of international dimension.

OTHER FAITHS WILL WEAR THERE RELIGIOUS DRESSES AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU AND YOUR MISTAKE OF THE CENTURY OF THE GOV CAN DO ABOUT IT.

I have quoted you. DO your worst.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by CandyDiamond(f): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
He threatened them because garments and robes are not Christian like. The use of them is an attempt to cause mischief so he can do whatever he wishes to ensure they restrain themselves.

Why are you supporting bad thing, Osun state have been existing without chaos in it school system, why changing it now in name of enforcing Hijab by court order, Court appeal should restore a statue quo. no be only you be muslim, haba shocked shocked shocked shocked, each school should be left to guide it students according its school uniform regulation.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Charly68: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
The man indeed is from kogi ..no wonder he is bent to destroy Osun . .Very wicked destabilizer
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by JaaizTech: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
Why can't christians leave us to wear our Hijab What is the problem The Hijab would won on the heads of Muslims only, and only by Muslims who wish to. I don't get how that affects anyone
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by playboy19(m): 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:

Good now let's test your intelligence real quick. Regardless of what the intent behind the garments is, do you think the Christian students are covered by the same freedom of religious expression law which covers the Muslim students or not?

If yes, do you still think, he can still do 'whatever he wishes' to those students even with that law covering them?
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
It is very disrespectful to use those bolded sentences when you are speaking to me. Please respect yourself because it seems like you are also reasoning from your anu.s shocked shocked shocked shocked

This issue started because some mofos obviously hate Islam. Which would kill them if they don't change. Well, I hope they change wink

CandyDiamond:

Why are you supporting bad thing, Osun state have been existing without chaos in it school system, why changing it now in name of enforcing Hijab by court order, Court appeal should restore a statue quo. no be only you be muslim, haba shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by SuperS1Panther: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Omo Ale Yoruba

WOE BETIDE THEM IF THEY CANNOT SUSTAIN IT! grin grin grin

Don't quote me again

Eleriburuku ayeraye.

ETERNAL BLESSING SHALL REST WITH THEM FOR SUSTAINING IT AND ETERNAL DAMNATION AND GNASHING OF TEETH SHALL BE YOUR OWN PORTION.

I quoted you again, I repeat do your worse.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by solomonsly11(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
Have seen it coming that Governor Aregbesola will be the one bringing religious crisis to southwest if not caution on time.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
I don't need to test yours. Obviously, it is a single digit. smiley

Do Christian students wear robes and garments every fvcking day? Where in the Bible does robe wearing seem to be compulsory or encouraged?

Answer me real quick cheesy

playboy19:

Good now let's test your intelligence real quick. Regardless of what the intent behind the garments is, do you think the Christian students are covered by the same freedom of religious expression law which covers the Muslim students or not?

If yes, do you still think, he can still do 'whatever he wishes' to those students even with that law covering them?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by playboy19(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
JaaizTech:
Why can't christians leave us to wear our Hijab What is the problem The Hijab would won on the heads of Muslims only, and only by Muslims who wish to. I don't get how that affects anyone

Nobody is saying you should not wear it but don't wear it in Baptist school. But since you have a law that says anyone can have freedom of expression, they are saying, they'll go to your ansarudeen schools and wear church garment to school too. Do you think they should too?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by omoasero(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
ANY ONE IN SUPPORT OF RAUF AREGBESOLA (BABA HALFUSA) ON THIS ISSUE IS NNOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED A LITERATE.....

I wud call such person an educated-illiterate

#thatmesay

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Ephemmm: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Confused man, read again. This time take it slowly.

[s]I don't care what Areagbesola chose to do to schools HE funds. So far it does not restrict other people from practicing their religion, I am good with it smiley. And Baptist DO NOT WEAR ROBES OR GARMENT TO SCHOOL, neither does these robes and garments have anything to do with Christianity so no argument there at all. By the way, he was the one that actually banned initially cool.

You really need to stop using that lame uniform argument. We can as well ask everyone to come to school with white bra and panties and everyone must comply because it is uniformed undecided.

I am through with your ass for today, i will get back to you when I have your time again.
[/s]

Ignoramus! what right has muslim students have that other religions do not have? All your ranting here is just like the barking of a toothless dog: if Aregbe has two heads, let his arrest students of other religions.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by playboy19(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
I don't need to test yours. Obviously, it is a single digit. smiley

Do Christian students wear robes and garments every fvcking day? Where in the Bible does robe wearing seem to be compulsory or encouraged?

Answer me real quick cheesy

You see, I've said it before, you don't worth the time. I'm just someone who likes to give everyone no matter how stup!d a chance but heck, you are a nonentity.

You started this argument with me talking about law, but now that I'm towing the law lane with you, you don't want to go with the law anymore. Answer the questions I asked you or accepted that your parent wasted money sending you to school.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
What do you understand by literacy or illiteracy?

You are very pathetic. Reslove your frustrations before screeching at other people
omoasero:
ANY ONE IN SUPPORT OF RAUF AREGBESOLA (BABA HALFUSA) ON THIS ISSUE IS NNOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED A LITERATE.....

I wud call such person an educated-illiterate

#thatmesay
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Why are nonetities quoting me? cry

Ephemmm:

Ignoramus! what right has muslim students have that other religions do not have? All your ranting here is just like the barking of a toothless dog: if Aregbe has two heads, let his arrest students of other religions.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by omoasero(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Mufu get it right.

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by babajeje123(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
This should be a lesson to all Christians that it is not all the time these fanatics want to impose their beliefs that you will agree in the name of being tolerant and peaceful. If we resisted the merging process when that good for nothing man brought the process, I don't think we'll be in this mess. When they agitated for the use hijab with NYSC uniform, no dust was raised and they had their way. However, the deeper life & mfm members who never wore trousers in their lives were made to do so while serving. Up till now, no one is talking in that regard. No one is going to court to fight for theie right. Not quite long, they agitated for the postponement of NYSC camp because of Ramadan. They wanted to old the whole country to ransom because of their selfishness that oozes from their beliefs but it died a natural death when it was resisted. It is time to be wise.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer / Apostle Suleman: Jonathan's Government Stole A Lot Of Money / Ban Ki-moon Teaches Secondary School Students In Garki, Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.