Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola (34445 Views)

PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope / Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by mikeapollo: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Berem , Trust me this is not about Aregbe or no Aregbesola. some people somewhere are the ones promoting this rubbish to cause trouble. Aregbesola banned the use of hijab ( which in the first place is unnecessary ) but the Muslim communities took their to the court of law which ruled in their favour and instead of the opponents of the use of hijab to appeal the judgement they resort to self-help .

And the hijab they are talking about is not even all those long ones that is common with the northern Muslims but short hijabs that just covered the head and very common within the the corporate environment.
Check my update above to see my first comment above for more insight on the issue.

It is a lie, Aregbesola did not ban hijab. His govt. first introduced the idea and the Christians kicked against it. The Moslems, knowing that the idiot was in love with the idea, then went to an Osun State court!
All the nonsense started with Aregbesola himself whose govt. mooted the idea in the first place!
Why are the Moslems wearing hijabs just now? Why didn't they wear hijabs during the military and other civilian governors in the past? The reason is they have realized how fanatical Aregbesola is and we all know what fanaticism does to common sense!

The silly man cannot stop Christians from wearing their own church apparels too. It wont happen!

It is very sickening and irritating to say Moslems can wear hijabs in schools established by Christians, but deny the Christians the same right!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Bashir75: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Agbaletu:

There was nothing like hijab during my dys.

Yoruba are the most tolerant people i know. I'm a muslim but started my education in United African Methodist Church school. My muslim parents never for once complain about reading songs of praise all morning in assembly. In high school, we as muslims students had days we worshipped,mostly on fridays even my christian friends joined us and we all had fun. Now, it's different, intolerance is the order of the day. since we allowed the importation commercial churches into southwest, who are marketing their gospel and want more household as customers and creating discord between us. Both christians and muslim in the 70s,80s used scarf to cover their heads, It's show of morality then,not a muslim thing in southwest but now we have new doctrine that fight against it and tag it islamization but never tag the nuns who were all over our schools then.

Let's look beyond religion and show respect and love to each other. I'm from a family of four, my older sister is a christian, my two younger brothers one is muslim and last one is christian but we loved each other dearly and we are all religious in our own way. And I will fight to keep them safe. We enjoyed our relative peace to that tolerance, we celebrate together. We forget our religions when we meet and party together. Most muslim governors in southwest have christian wives. You will never see christians at that level marry a muslim.

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by adejaresalami1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
I am sure students wearing hijab r those from muslim schools before d merging. Now let me ask u this and not because am a muslim , do Christians wear their garment and choir robes everywhere they go as muslims do? Let us all b just in anything we. If not d idea of school merging all these wouldn't be happening. Looking forward to resolving..... God bless Osun state

I know xtain will feel naive with this comment..make una sha no quote me.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Naijacitizen(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
CHRISSANCHEZ:
HYPOCRITE.
Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Afritop(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

are you saying this practice happened and has long existed in baptist secondary school and christian missionary school in osun state
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Naijacitizen(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
CHRISSANCHEZ:
HYPOCRITE.
Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
rhektor:

All these has not answered the question you are just begging the question.
FYI I have been to mosque several times, infact inumerable times, my mother was a Muslim, all her family that I know are Muslims and I don't hate them, my younger sisters two of them are married to Muslims. I never objected their marriage to Muslims.
My brother your hasty generalization has nothing with me. Just answer the questions I asked earlier logically,simple.

If you ask a reasonable question relevant to the issue here I may answer you.

If truly you people of mix or different faith in your family and you are advocating for seclusion here then people should sleeping with eyes open . A good religious and God fearing man will be tolerant of others .
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by rhektor(m): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

If you ask a reasonable question relevant to the issue here I may answer you.

If truly you people of mix or different faith in your family and you are advocating for seclusion here then people should sleeping with eyes open . A good religious and God fearing man will be tolerant of others .
I must commend the way you you have tried to shift from the issue which you started. Buy then, don't pretend not to see my questions or are you related to uncle Lai Mohammed?
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by GoodSamaritan: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=Alphaoscar post=46606012]

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

[/quot

Shutup there! Is that the reason why he should combine Christian schools with Muslim schools, and ask the Muslims to be wearing hijab in the premises of Christian schools? Let's face the truth, Aregbe is looking for religious crisis
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by sweetjohn(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
I am an Igbo guy and i must say that this is kind of strange bc I ve never seen the Yorubas argue over religious matter talkless of fighting one another. I think the so call governor should be call to order by other yoruba governors and elder statemen before thing go over hand. I mean why bringing religion to the educational sector? must everything be about religion?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Naijacitizen(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
egbon...the issue here is in our school and not in the public, the school have rules and regulations which you signed as a parent before enrolling you child in the school, some of which include "every student must be on school uniform during school hours" and from what i can recall hijab is not a school uniform.

So, what happen to the freedom of expression as enshrined in our constitution?

So get your fact right before insulting other peoples religion because no religion in the world wants to associate themselves with muslims. That's why they're labelled "terrorist" in every inch and corner of the world.

I have read this same stuff on the social media. But realistically speaking, the story is different.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

You see part of the problem with your judgement of other religion People from all walk of live have bad people among them but its bad blaming it on their religion. Its like saying Christians are drug pushers because bad eggs from some regions are into drugs . Are the Niger Delta Avengers Muslims too ?
i only quoted you when you said "chaos and burning" which is unlike christians but will likely be committed by muslims. And you're calling Niger Delta Avengers, please explain how NDA is now a religion.

Alphaosca:
Those schools are public schools not missionary schools anymore . Any school that is public is open to people of different religion.

you're still escaping from the topic here, why comparing the mode of dressing by adult christians with secondary school girls? Because i've seen slutty muslims girls that use hijab to cover themselves but indoors they're something else, that's the highest level of hypocrisy.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Afritop:

are you saying this practice happened and has long existed in baptist secondary school and christian missionary school in osun state

The schools were established by the missionaries ( both Muslims and Christians ) in the old days with the help and contributions of the community members but the schools were later taken over by the military regime without changing their names.

The moment the government assume the responsibility of running, managing and financing them they seize to be missionary or religious school but public schools because they are been managed with the public resources some of who are Christians , Muslims , Traditionalist or atheist.

I attended 3 different public schools like that and we offer Christian prayer on Mon-Tue , you pray silent on Wednesdays while Thur-fri is reserved for Muslim prayers. one of the schools is an Anglican school , another one is a Methodist school while the last is an Ansar-ud-deen school.

nobody care which religion you practice in those public schools.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by playboy19(m): 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

No principal or headteacher have any right to send any student away if the government through the ministry of Education did not ban the use of hijab so fat it is of the same colour with the uniform.

The allegation of Governors promoting the use of hijab is totally unfounded and I will be the last person to buy into that . Ambode is a Christian governor in Lagos while Ogun is not experiencing this under Amosun who is a Muslim governor so please let the God fight his battle.

The Muslims have been cohabiting with the Christians in the SW without any quarrel now some of us are advocating for division among ourselves. God will not help them .

let's maintain the mutual respect and continue to live in peace or the two religions should be banned from the public.

I thought you all mostly accuse the Muslims of been extreme ? Your own stance too is extreme already. The judgement is based on hijab and anybody that feels like wearing robes to school should just go to court to get that enforced or face the consequences of their action.

And for the court rulings , if a state high gave a ruling you don't like you should proceed to the appeal court and from their you can head to the supreme and the last time I check we have only one supreme court in the land .

As it stands now the governor have no legal power to stop students using their hijab until the appeal or supreme court rule otherwise. doing so will amount to the contempt of the court which is a serious offence.

Dude, you are arguing like an illiterate. I'm sure you are thinking the court allowed Muslim students to wear hijab because you think there's a new law crafted out to allow them because they (the Muslims) went to court, hence you are asking the Christians to go do the same. If you were educated, you'd know that the same law that permit Muslims to wear hijab to school also allow Christians and traditionalists to wear whatever they deem fit to school. So if anyone, e.g aregbesola doesn't like this, he is the one to go to court seek an injunction to stop them. But as far as the law permit freedom of religion or religious expression, then nothing can stop the other students from wearing their own religious attires.

I believe we read something like this happening at the NYSC camp last year but was quickly resolved.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by booblacain(m): 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Naijacitizen:
Why does wearing hijab by Muslim woman affect Christians? Do you people want our sister to go around half naked like your very own sister who are causing nuisance in our society? Bunch of hypocrites and intolerant.

If unclothedness was a problem with God or Allah I'm sure he would have made Adam and Eve fully clothed in the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by hardbody: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
Beremx:
you sef. Good morning sir. grin

I hail. Sometime, someday, somewhere, somehow, some......

You will remember be.

Greetings.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by spiralwedge(m): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Stfu !!!!

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

Best is to remove religion from the public school. Extremists should go to Christian and Muslim schools. The governor is stupid for promoting one religion over the other. He should instead have focused on better education and advocate neutrality. He is a mess.

Some of your examples might have been happening, but they are totally wrong. Why are African traditional religions not given chances in those schools?
You want hijab, go to an Islamic school. You want to peacefully coexist, then obey simple dress code and mingle.
Yorubas have common sense even in their peaceful tolerance of religions.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
Whether you support it or not, hijab is not your headache and it can never be your headache. Aisha Buhari and her children do not represent the interest of all Muslims. Just because some Pastors believe that display of cleavages do not constitute indecent/immoral dressing does not negate the fact that the sight of is sexually arousing for most men. Neither does the excuse that pastors and some born again Christians cheat is an excuse to support adultery.

They will wear hijab whether we like it or not!

BTW, there are many full hijabites in public institutions, they may not be as much as those that tie scarves but there are many of them out there. You are in no position to tell a Muslim lady how to dress if she decided to dress according to her religion injunctions.

Thanks!

Beremx:
Till Aisha Buhari and her daughters start wearing hijab to public functions,then i will support wearing of hijab to schools in Osun state.

Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
Aregbesola, omo ale yoruba. Ako tile ta.
A thug and a misfit governor.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Naijacitizen:

So, what happen to the freedom of expression as enshrined in our constitution?
fine. Let's go with the constitution. Please kindly state where the constitution states that "every female muslim should put
on hijab in public school" or something similiar to that and we can continue from there
Naijacitizen:
I have read this same stuff on the social media. But realistically speaking, the story is different.
please educate me about the "different story" on how islam is considered as threat to other religion on earth.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
hardbody:

I hail. Sometime, someday, somewhere, somehow, some......

You will remember be.

Greetings.
I always remember you but you don't. you're yet to reply my whatsapp message and give me gift for my baby when i told you i gave birth. check your whatsapp chat history. grin
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by hardbody: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Beremx:
I always remember you but you don't. you're yet to reply my whatsapp message and give me gift for my baby when i told you i gave birth. check your whatsapp chat history. grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I will beep you later today. Cheers.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by ftplanet: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
I believed d most intolerant people in d world are Nigeria Christians. When no person compel the Christian students to wear ijhab in dat school why crying ignorantly when Muslim children decided to obey their Holy Quran {33:59}. And court had already ruled they are free to wear it while not wait for d appeal court to decide d matter instead of useless and unnecessary wailing.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by ftplanet: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
I believed d most intolerant people in d world are Nigeria Christians. When no person compel the Christian students to wear ijhab in dat school why crying ignorantly when Muslim children decided to obey their Holy Quran {33:59}. And court had already ruled they are free to wear it while not wait for d appeal court to decide d matter instead of useless and unnecessary wailing.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
doveda:
Whether you support it or not, hijab is not your headache and it can never be your headache. Aisha Buhari and her children do not represent the interest of all Muslims. Just because some Pastors believe that display of cleavages do not constitute indecent/immoral dressing does not negate the fact that the sight of is sexually arousing for most men. Neither does the excuse that pastors and some born again Christians cheat is an excuse to support adultery.

They will wear hijab whether we like it or not!

BTW, there are many full hijabites in public institutions, they may not be as much as those that tie scarves but there are many of them out there. You are in no position to tell a Muslim lady how to dress if she decided to dress according to her religion injunctions.

Thanks!

Are you female? from your comment you are likely. I no fight with you o! I am free to say my mind abi?
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by OBAGADAFFI: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Most of the commenters on this issue are even ignorant of the genesis of what they are commenting on.

The government passed are law banning the use of hijab in government schools but the Muslims went to the court to protest against the ban and the court ruled in their favour . how is that the fault of Aregbesola ? What stops the Christian leaders from appealing the judgement instead of constituting themselves to nuisance and threathing the peace of the state ?

Were you sleeping when, Muslim Students killed a teacher in Osun because of Hijab.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Alphaoscar:

The schools were established by the missionaries ( both Muslims and Christians ) in the old days with the help and contributions of the community members but the schools were later taken over by the military regime without changing their names.

The moment the government assume the responsibility of running, managing and financing them they seize to be missionary or religious school but public schools because they are been managed with the public resources some of who are Christians , Muslims , Traditionalist or atheist.

I attended 3 different public schools like that and we offer Christian prayer on Mon-Tue , you pray silent on Wednesdays while Thur-fri is reserved for Muslim prayers. one of the schools is an Anglican school , another one is a Methodist school while the last is an Ansar-ud-deen school.

nobody care which religion you practice in those public schools.
Do muslims have missionaries? If Yes, please elaborate.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Please stop arguing. Your argument is lame at best. Not every damn thing would be included in the constitution undecided

When someone mentions freedom of expression, you don't clapback with that lame line. Your comeback should be based on how banning of hijab does/does not limit freedom of expression and why it is necessary (or not) to ban it. Okay? undecided
darlingtonIIV:
fine. Let's go with the constitution. Please kindly state where the constitution states that "every female muslim should put
on hijab in public school" or something similiar to that and we can continue from there please educate me about the "different story" on how islam is considered as threat to other religion on earth.
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
hardbody:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I will beep you later today. Cheers.
after four months we chatted last, it was just yesterday i deleted our chat history on my phone. As if i know we go jam today for nairaland. I dey wait your beep sha. grin
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
1) Hijab is a private thing. i don't see how it affects you or a non-hijabite undecided
2) Well. some claimed that it was his ban on hijab that started this.
3) They don't teach religion the way they do in other countries yet hijab is allowed. What exactly is your problem?
spiralwedge:

Best is to remove religion from the public school. Extremists should go to Christian and Muslim schools. The governor is stupid for promoting one religion over the other. He should instead have focused on better education and advocate neutrality. He is a mess.

Some of your examples might have been happening, but they are totally wrong. Why are African traditional religions not given chances in those schools?
You want hijab, go to an Islamic school. You want to peacefully coexist, then obey simple dress code and mingle.
Yorubas have common sense even in their peaceful tolerance of religions.

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Yes you are smiley
Beremx:
Are you female? from your comment you are likely. I no fight with you o! I am free to say my mind abi?

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by doveda: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Really? Liar, can you tell us more?

OBAGADAFFI:

Were you sleeping when, Muslim Students killed a teacher in Osun because of Hijab.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi / Nnamdi Kanu & His Father Meet With South-East Governors In Enugu / Erhiatake Ibori Intensifies Campaign In Delta State (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.