Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? (14073 Views)

SEUN Is My Boss, But This Is Why I Hate Him — I'm Grateful. [PICTURE] / Is This The Real Seun For Real? PHOTO / Ivyy Is Not Guilty Of Plagiarism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Jambsupport(f): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
cheesy alright, good morning.
Good morning smiley
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2016
Jambsupport:
Good morning smiley
morning dear, how was your night?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Seun(m): 9:03am On Jun 16, 2016
The plagiarist should be disqualified in my view.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Fynestboi: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2016
cool
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2016
gossipfreak:
The girl cheated and clearly no one is happy about having a cheat as a role model. undecided
Ivyy is the raw deal. A contestant to beat, but resorting to smear campaign is nauseating.

Just deal with her stature. Haters can try harder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
lokito:

There's a very thin line between research and plagiarism. That's probably not plagiarism. Could be research in motion. Op, for instance if you're writing a textbook on Boyle's law and you state the one in Ababio have you plagiarised? No.
Also, it's your word against hers and I can put it to you that ivyy is the original author of that article on Naij.com. Yes, she could be a columnist there. If you present any Naij.com writer as the owner of those words I will also put it to you that he/she plagiarised ivyy.

N/B: Those words have no legal copyright restriction or an ISBN/ ISSN auspices. So you don't have a case. The only thing I need from y'all - respect an intelligent damsel whenever you meet one #shikena#

The uninformed can never understand you.

How many of the haters read widely?
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by mattonnairaland: 9:17am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
Good view but not when the question was not from the judges and organiser. I went through the pages of the interview for hours yesterday.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by EzePromoe: 9:18am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
Actually there isn't any plagiarist here. She didn't lift the whole idea but added it to her own. Her only mistake was not giving credit where due, and it could have been an inadvertent omission. It would have been plagiarism if she had aggressively own up to the statement which isn't hers. What the buster could have done was to pressure to admit that it wasn't hers, if she then insisted then it's an offence. So far Ivyy has said nothing, it could be her way of admitting the fact.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by senibo1: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Lezzlie(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
A fair penalty that suits the crime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:

It was not a case of Plagiarism

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
EzePromoe:
I don't know why this issue is being over flogged. Last time I checked, Ivyy didn't answer just one question, she answered other questions intelligently as well. I don't see any wrong in borrowing ideas to add substance to your post. What exactly do you call plagiarism? A three line comment? You guys should just grow up. I don't see anything so spectacular or captivating about the said borrowed line that will warrant this noise. Anybody can come up with that without having to do much brainstorming, and it becomes what it should be called. Coincidence?

Meanwhile, join us by 5:45pm to get the best of the mystic lady.

Remember, it's MYSTICGAL for Miss Nairaland.

Great mind.

Little minds discuss persons.

Average minds discuss events.

While great minds discuss inventions and achievements.

Their noise won't change the polarisation of the STAR...... IVYY

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:

If that penalty is to go by Mimzy would be Disqualified also....lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Lezzlie(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2016
EzePromoe:

Actually there isn't any plagiarist here. She didn't lift the whole idea but added it to her own. Her only mistake was not giving credit where due, and it could have been an inadvertent omission.
Are you by any means trying to redefine the word plagiarism on the pages of Nairaland ?

She doesn't have to lift the entire work or text. Copying a substantial part (phrase or unmodified clause) without permission or reference is outright plagiarism.

Have you forgotten, the well-worn scripting in copyright protection: No PART OF THIS WORK MAYBE COPIED......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
thank u sir, dis is just unnecessary noise making. d question dat was supposedly answered was not an official question. it was an open floor and no one deserves to be disqualified. dis is just an attempt to kick out a threat in d competition n I hope we see beyond d noise making

tosyntoomuch, dygeasy who again sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
EzePromoe:
I don't know why this issue is being over flogged. Last time I checked, Ivyy didn't answer just one question, she answered other questions intelligently as well. I don't see any wrong in borrowing ideas to add substance to your post. What exactly do you call plagiarism? A three line comment? You guys should just grow up. I don't see anything so spectacular or captivating about the said borrowed line that will warrant this noise. Anybody can come up with that without having to do much brainstorming, and it becomes what it should be called. Coincidence?

Meanwhile, join us by 5:45pm to get the best of the mystic lady.

Remember, it's MYSTICGAL for Miss Nairaland.

Exactly my thoughts
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
I'm afraid that will be too radical sir, even for me. However, I'll opt that points should be deducted from the contestant.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
If this be the case, she's not the only contestant that was caught plagiarising

If she'd be disqualified, the other plagiarist should also be disqualified

Copied post

https://www.nairaland.com/3058508/husband-short-story

Original post
https://www.nairaland.com/1186445/laras-faith

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
mattonnairaland:
Good view but not when the question was not from the judges and organiser. I went through the pages of the interview for hours yesterday.
u said my mind. thank u

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:
evil
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by senibo1: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
grin
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Lezzlie(m): 9:27am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

If that penalty is to go by M.imzy would be Disqualified also....lol
Oh, she wasn't in an exam, bro.

And she did give reference, the vultures just wouldn't let her sink before hovering for the kill. It boomeranged like it should. Stick with it!!!
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Monalisa185(f): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:

good morning.. With all due respect, that wasn't plagiarism...

If you take your time to go through the interview thread, you will see for yourself.. I think these people stressing the whole thing see the contestant in question as a threat, both in beauty and intelligence, she's in no way my candidate, but I think things should be thought through before being put into action...

Have a nice day!

6 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Exactly my thoughts
Sorry, your thought is gravely flawed!.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Speakdatruth: 9:30am On Jun 16, 2016
if d question asked was from any of d judges, I wud agree with Seun but from just a moniker, after d floor was declared open? I won't agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by joseph1832(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185:

good morning.. With all due respect, that wasn't plagiarism...

If you take your time to go through the interview thread, you will see for yourself.. I think these people stressing the whole thing see the contestant in question as a threat, both in beauty and intelligence, she's in no way my candidate, but I think things should be thought through before being put into action...

Have a nice day!
Tell me, what do you understand by plagiarism? I besiege thee with this question, because from what you wrote up there, you have absolutely no idea, what it is, or what it entails.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:
GO through the interview thread or rather SEUN go through https://www.nairaland.com/ivyy read through her interview question and then you will get to understand that people are only overflogging this issue becaus her brilliance is top notch and a potential threat to their contestants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by cindykaey(f): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:
Are you by any means trying to redefine the word plagiarism on the pages of Nairaland ?

She doesn't have to lift the entire work or text. Copying a substantial part (phrase or unmodified clause) without permission or reference is outright plagiarism.

Have you forgotten, the well-worn scripting in copyright protection: No PART OF THIS WORK MAYBE COPIED......

And what do we do to mimzy?

Cause she did worst stole another person's work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Smellymouth: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Mr Seun, please tell us where it is written that --"Contestants indulged in plagiarism will be barred from the contest."

For God/ whatever god you believe in sakes, take a chill pill y'all..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by Laveda(f): 9:33am On Jun 16, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

If that penalty is to go by Mimzy would be Disqualified also....lol

I just dey laugh.
Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Lezzlie:
Oh, she wasn't in an exam, bro.

And she did give reference, the vultures just wouldn't let her sink before hovering for the kill. It boomeranged like it should. Stick with it!!!

Lol I wouldn't want to go into arguments about a forgotten issue because I saw everything from the very beginning.

that aside, I dont think Ivvy commited any grave offence, because if you check all the answers to that particular question, it is actually the same thing...besides, it wasnt even an official question, why so much fuss about it.

1 Like

Re: Seun Do You Now Support Plagiarism? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Seun:

Dear Sir, most people dont understand that ...."No part of this work should be copied without the original consent of the writer"

Technically and Practically, she is guilty of the crime. and personally, i wont have a cheat as a Queen.

We love Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

See What The Girl Am Asking Out Sent To Me ... / My Experience (I Hope This Encourages Someone Out There) / I Warned My Bro That his girlfriends Big Booty Will Put Him In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.