Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze (33922 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Denying Her Husband Beat Her With Swollen Eye (Throwback Video) / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / OAP Freeze Shops For Crocodile Meat At Epe Fish Market (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 18, 2016
wildrose21:

I suggest you read your nairaland personal text and really understand what what it is all about...

I really should counter your logic by posting pictures of a woman who was stripped naked for allegedly kidnapping, another picture of a woman who allegedly murdered her husband in Ibadan, and yet another who threw her new born baby into a pit... And insinuate they are 'equal' to men (those dearest to you) or better still 'equal' to you...

But on a second thought, you are entitled to your opinion, and just maybe you really ain't worth the stress...

GO TO HELL!

I didn't address you so fck off with your nonsense!

You had to log in with your alt account to say that rubbish without even taking time to understand that post.

GO TO HELL!

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Shym3xx: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

And there's her Jackpot prize! A marriage proposal to reward her support for the oppression and neglect of her race. Well done.
All you women advocating the right to your own bodies, your property, equal opportunity and wages - no husbands for you. Whatever shall we do?!!

Her race? So feminism is now about race not gender, yes? Cray!

Anyway, can someone please educate me on what "feminism" is about cos I live under a rock and I have lost touch with the world lol.

5 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Shym3xx: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2016
Another husband/wife or lack thereof story meaning marriage.

Why are Nigerians so obsessed with marriage? You have people running from the same institution and advising younger folks to stay away from it cos it's misery. Yet that's the ultimate prize in naij lool.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Moneytize: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

And there's her Jackpot prize! A marriage proposal to reward her support for the oppression and neglect of her race. Well done.
All you women advocating the right to your own bodies, your property, equal opportunity and wages - no husbands for you. Whatever shall we do?!!
No she is not supporting any oppression. She is a virtuous woman who is like a crown to her husband(not a foot mat), for her price is far above rubies.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Sokoflow(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
And where exactly is our place??
A place where we are intimidated and forced to give up our dreams?
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.
isn't that what living is all about?
I seldomly leave a comment here, but in response to what you said and @dollyjoy did said too. I think she has said it all by saying "what matters most is
respect and understanding in any form of affair". By respect and understanding,i think she meant a man who respects his wife, support her to achieve her desires,potentials and goals. A man who treats the wife right, cherishes her. Who doesn't relegate the wife, he allows her have a say and her way when the need be, also who understands reason for actions taken by the wife. Above all a man that loves his wife and have good listening hear. I hope with this, you get where @dollyjoy is coming from(point of view).

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Owliver(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
Fine,I understand your perspective.

so,as a HEAD you don't want a follower that can wouldn't be a liability to you,that can support you in plenty ways to achieve a common goal.you don't want a follower that you can partner with and share all your losses and profits with,a productive and useful partner?seems you prefer otherwise.
if truly in the concept of marriage a woman is the helper,then I don't see any reason while she should be totally silenced to a point where she becomes redundant to even her own self.
no that is not the case here. feminists want equal right and that is what we kick against. there is nothing like equality in a society. osinbajo is vice president doesn't make him less a human. Buhari would break down if he does all the executive and ceremonial job himself. he "needs" his vice. you see? everyone is important but can never be equal. the moment equality comes in the picture there will be conflict of ideas. there will be war of words. no one submits to no one. and that is anarchy.

if you understand human psychology you'd know women are more powerful than men. but you don't use your power well, but are busy chasing a concept that breeds anarchy.

hope you get

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cr7lomo: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

I will mark ur handle cos its certain that you are naturally dull so as the people that liked the nonsense u put up... I dnt even know how to start with u cos....u are just dumb

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by marvelous000: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2016
zeeudenwa:

just look at
[size=13pt]
look at what? Bcs he opined that equality should not be brought in the family front
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cococandy(f): 11:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Retardd

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Her race? So feminism is now about race not gender, yes? Cray!

Anyway, can someone please educate me on what "feminism" is about cos I live under a rock and I have lost touch with the world lol.

Yes. Most words are ambiguous and therefore very versatile.

Race as defined thus,
1. Any people united by common history or trait. Eg. The Dutch race. Or
2. Any group, class, or kind, especially of persons: eg, Journalists are an interesting race.

In this case women were referred to as a race because I can think of things they share in common that other beings that aren't women do not have. The vagina, for instance.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by charlesu49(m): 11:16am On Jun 18, 2016
I dunno if you've carried out your researches but the tiring truth is... despite 40 years of feminism and this silly agitation, women have become increasingly unhappy. Our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers lived happier lives.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2016
Beehshorp:
Anytime I see OAP freeze I know dat waheva he says is rubbish whether he tries so hard to make sense... He and Lai mohammed and apc dey dsame category

abi oo ,,same freeze dt use 2 make sense wen pdp govern..now says rubbish since apc came on board ....even me my shit dey ova hard dis days ...n i knw it is buhari handiwork..
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2016
Sokoflow:

I seldomly leave a comment here, but in response to what you said and @dollyjoy did said too. I think she has said it all by saying "what matters most is
respect and understanding in any form of affair". By respect and understanding,i think she meant a man who respects his wife, support her to achieve her desires,potentials and goals. A man who treats the wife right, cherishes her. Who doesn't relegate the wife, he allows her have a say and her way when the need be, also who understands reason for actions taken by the wife. Above all a man that loves his wife and have good listening hear. I hope with this, you get where @dollyjoy is coming from(point of view).
Thanks,its clearer now.

Respect would also entail you accept her in all totality as well as understand why she yearns to be productive.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cococandy(f): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2016
kiss
Gerrard59:

Nobody is saying men have to wash dishes, however, leaving dishes unwashed and even clothes for your partner to come and wash when you could do it isn't fair. Saying that a lady who comes from work late in the night to come and cook even when you came earlier than her is not fair. What stops the man from cooking and keeping some for his partner? This transcends beyond feminism, it's about doing to others as you want others to do to you.

Furthermore, feminism has helped the world and obliterated useless misconceptions and culture. Why should a lady have a male as a sponsor before she can rent an apartment because she's single? That's what feminism has done to help the society. It has given rights to my sister, nieces, female cousins and definitely my future daughter(s) to do things hitherto they weren't allowed to do or achieve. Saying that women have to put up with terms like "men are polygamous by nature"; which gives you the freewill to cheat isn't fair whatsoever.

Nevertheless, there are fanatics in any system or movement. However, feminism, however you look at it has contributed to global development. It has given rights to those who don't have any, hope to the downtrodden, opportunities to those who didn't have any to grab, dreams to those who never had any, education to illiterates and many more.

I'm proud to be a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cr7lomo: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
And where exactly is our place??
A place where we are intimidated and forced to give up our dreams?
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.
isn't that what living is all about?

U must have complex issues...did anyone stop u from being an achiever... Is Genevieve, okonji oweala , omotola, deziani not from the same society or country as u are...mehn , gdfoh

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by TheSCRYPT: 11:21am On Jun 18, 2016
After carrying feminism for head like gala, at old age they begin to console themselves that it is not compulsory to get married.

I really feel sorry for some ladies. These lot end up bitter and never see anything good in happy people. Sadly, I know some, and these ones will never take correction. Always shouting equal rights equal rights like if they grew up in homes where equal rights was practiced there would have been peace between their parents.

A woman is created to be soft an pampered not hard and "emotionlessly" brittle like the male folks.

Nigerian women are beginning to learn bad things from west in the guise of westernization.

Oh well, it is none of my business, I can only but watch aloof.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2016
Owliver:
no that is not the case here. feminists want equal right and that is what we kick against. there is nothing like equality in a society. osinbajo is vice president doesn't make him less a human. Buhari would break down if he does all the executive and ceremonial job himself. he "needs" his vice. you see? everyone is important but can never be equal. the moment equality comes in the picture there will be conflict of ideas. there will be war of words. no one submits to no one. and that is anarchy.

if you understand human psychology you'd know women are more powerful than men. but you don't use your power well, but are busy chasing a concept that breeds anarchy.

hope you get
alright, still using your analogy. if equality is unattainable so therefore what prevails is inequality,from which stems up discrimination, unfair treatment and adverse effects of inferiority.

How do we attain a balance?

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by justmuhd(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2016
feminism propagates an atmosphere of having two captains on a ship or two kings ruling over the same land..a woman should find her self a good man and follow him-that my friends,is the only way she can get all she wants..a man will never truly give it all to a woman that's not submisive to him and that is a fact....nobody said a woman should become a slave to her husband-just don't raise shoulders to your 'king'.a true man would worship a woman that loves,respects and submits to him..the same western world that keeps crying out for gender equality and all,pls help me ask them about the rate of divorce and the number of single parents and infidelity over there.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by lonelydora: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

Who you be? I

I am a man. Forget the moniker. Seun refused to change it for me.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2016
cr7lomo:

U must have complex issues...did anyone stop u from being an achiever... Is Genevieve, okonji oweala , omotola, deziani not from the same society or country as u are...mehn , gdfoh
grin all you needed to do was to comprehend it.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cococandy(f): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2016
That's some women for you.

Instead of helping to secure the future for their daughters and grand daughters, they are more interested in winning the approval of men who actually consider them sub-human in comparison.

If our brave fore mothers that brought feminism to where it is today didn't do what they had to do and endure dislike for our own good, we would probably still be at the stage where we can't vote or go out without the approval of a man.

I wonder what's more important. Being liked by some faceless insecure men or doing what's important for the future generations.

The men will still turn around to label them fish brain. I wonder what kind of masochism makes some women single handedly uphold all the ideologies and traditions that oppress them.
I don't understand them.
People are really different. That I see now.

fellis:

The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:27am On Jun 18, 2016
cr7lomo:

you obviously didn't comprehend it grin
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Moneytize:
No she is not supporting any oppression. She is a virtuous woman who is like a crown to her husband(not a foot mat), for her price is far above rubies.

In truth she is! The position of a virtuous woman in society has never been in doubt and her ambitions are well understood.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Owliver(m): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
alright, still using your analogy. if equality is unattainable so therefore what prevails is inequality,from which stems up discrimination, unfair treatment and adverse effects of inferiority.

How do we attain a balance?
yes inequality must prevail in a society. think about the jungle where there's no society. no rich, no poor, no strong, no weak but just survival. society is a jungle but a jungle of deception. where one is a billionaire and another can't afford a bread. religion tells a poor man to remain hungry that god knows why. without this acceptance of inequality society cannot prevail.

inequality is part of life, struggle, deceive and fight to get to the top that's what we all do but when it comes to family society if you take it so dearly then you must conform to the norms of a society, knowing that that one will have to be down for others to be above.

why do you think god does whatever he likes? cos he's more powerful.

I believe I have passed a great message to you. hold it dearly. know when to fight and know when not too. choose your wars wisely. it's all vanity.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Mailerchidex: 11:32am On Jun 18, 2016
I don't support the idea of gender equality. A man and a woman cannever be equal. Women should stop rubbing off shoulders with men. They should stop contending with men, hiding themselves under the umbrella of fighting against women marginalization. period.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chccho(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:
My dear colleague Freeze is beginning to bore me.
because u r one of those he is refering to

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Sokoflow(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
Thanks,its clearer now.

Respect would also entail you accept her in all totality as well as understand why she yearns to be productive.
Yes, cos when she's productive,successful. This is a plus to the Man's name and the Society will respect him for giving the wife free-hand to develop its potentials. After all, a Wife's success is Husband's success too. Basically, i think it's insecure men who are the ones scared of women's success and thus want to relegate them to the back and make them feel inferior. Mind you because a wife is successful doesn't mean she shouldn't respect her husband and vice-versa. Respect is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cr7lomo: 11:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Gerrard59:

Nobody is saying men have to wash dishes, however, leaving dishes unwashed and even clothes for your partner to come and wash when you could do it isn't fair. Saying that a lady who comes from work late in the night to come and cook even when you came earlier than her is not fair. What stops the man from cooking and keeping some for his partner? This transcends beyond feminism, it's about doing to others as you want others to do to you.

Furthermore, feminism has helped the world and obliterated useless misconceptions and culture(s). Why should a lady have a male as a sponsor before she can rent an apartment because she's single? That's what feminism has done to help the society. It has given rights to my sister, nieces, female cousins and definitely my future daughter(s) to do things hitherto they weren't allowed to do or achieve. Saying that women have to put up with terms like "men are polygamous by nature"; which gives you the freewill to cheat isn't fair whatsoever.

Nevertheless, there are fanatics in any system or movement. However, feminism, whichever way you look at it has contributed to global development and advancement. It has given rights to those who don't have any, hope to the downtrodden, opportunities to those who didn't have any to grab, dreams to those who never had any, education to illiterates and many more.

I'm proud to be a feminist.

And gay as well

4 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 18, 2016
cr7lomo:

I will mark ur handle cos its certain that you are naturally dull so as the people that liked the nonsense u put up... I dnt even know how to start with u cos....u are just dumb

LWKMD
e pain am well well

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I

wat am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

wat kind of a person debates/argues fundamental facts n to make worse-worse kips criminals pix on phone ..a woman carrys a man name all thru her life,,its either ur hubby name or father name so whr is d equality..even there gender title ends wit fe-MALE,,wo-MAN,,nt 2 talk of evry month dey find men in there struation..abeg make we men nO pause 4 dem..

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by wildrose21(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2016
cr7lomo:

I don't know if she is dull or not... But I suppose someone who has passed through the four walls of a 'school' should be able to think logically. Her logic on the issue of what dolly-something posted is way off the point.

May we all see the light.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chinyere Wilfred & Human Statue That Looks Like A Robot / School Life No Easy, James Brown Laments Barely One Month Of Gaining Admission / Adesua Etomi Vs Toke Makinwa: Who Wore The Green Dress Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.