Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze (33921 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Denying Her Husband Beat Her With Swollen Eye (Throwback Video) / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / OAP Freeze Shops For Crocodile Meat At Epe Fish Market (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DivaFiva: 10:26am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
And where exactly is our place??
A place where we are intimidated and forced to give up our dreams?
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.
isn't that what living is all about?
Ask them.
The word "feminist" now has a negative connotation but everything you said are the struggles of a feminist.
It doesn't mean "death to all men!"
Like you, I want to be seen and represented.
I want to be able to speak and be heard rather than be silenced only because of my gender.

10 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikayboss(m): 10:26am On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad
muaaahh..i loff u very much for what you Jes said....a man pays mighty bride price on a woman yet they want equality,
if the man cant provide for the needs of his family he would be the obe ti receive the insults from society, if he can't take care of some household duties which men are supposed to do, he'll be branded useless....
YET THEY STILL WANT EQUALITY?

OYA the day women start paying GROOM PRICE , become responsible for all family needs, stop depending on men to foot their bills......then we can consider gender equality...

in Nigeria of date we only have girlfriend material....if one is married to a woman that doesn't know her responsibility, then ma bro you have a girlfriend not a wife.......

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by hopeforcharles(m): 10:26am On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad
Thank you my sweet heart for saying the truth, as for me i no get time to even date one talkless of marriage. If she doensnt understand that there is a need to have a leader in the home and that leader is the man then i no do. Simple

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by 4stylz: 10:27am On Jun 18, 2016
DivaFiva:
I believe in equality.
Freeze is most definitely an insecure man who spews rubbish to earn a living so I'm not surprised.

Women are just as valuable as men are. And we will get there.
Shebi na this Nigeria?

Oppressed men who have no say in the real world are looking for a woman to wait on them like the princes they can only dream to be.

Your mates are getting liberated from this worldview but not you because it's the only way you validate yourself as "a real man".

Just stay alone na, is it by force to have a man?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by ummeey: 10:27am On Jun 18, 2016
Just like nairaland has deprived some guys from growing up.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by ummeey: 10:30am On Jun 18, 2016
harsysky:
'If only women could understand that a man's second food is RESPECT, it will help them a lot. Men could become beast if respect and honor is stripped off them.

What a man can do, a woman can do better. Us, men no complain for that one but if a woman chuuk hand for our eyes, na big yawa o.
Really? Under which class of food? Well if it is your second food, cook it yourself. Do you have pot belly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by 4stylz: 10:30am On Jun 18, 2016
I don't even know the unequal right they are talking about , I am sure its washing dishes and cooking! Becos women are not cheated in salaries at the end of the month; some of them are just looking for ways to manipulate men...rubbish

5 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by ummeey: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2016
Chuksemi:
Or is it denying many men wives? It's a two way thing, as a lady stays unmarried, so is a man somewhere unmarried.

Husband is not an award. It's a commitment. Not everybody has that strength or time.
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by tosyne2much(m): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2016
MrPresident1:
The propagation of concepts such as gender equality, 'women empowerment', women liberation, etc is an insidious attempt by satan to destroy the family structure which is the bedrock of any society. Disfunctional families create dysfunctional societies which ultimately leads to dysfunctional nations.

The 'empowered' woman feels she does not 'need' a man to take care of her, and may find it difficult to submit

The quality of today's men also leaves much to be desired.

It is a dysfunctional world where satan rules.
Wooooow!!! This is awesome bro !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cao(f): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2016
Reading some of the responses on the first page, just proves the backwards thinking of some people, but alas everyone is allowed freedom of speech. I can't ever really take this freeze fella seriously, maybe he should just freeze & use his right to remain silent.

7 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikies(m): 10:36am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.

Ur place is beside ur man n not in front, n u bin beside means u shld b supportive n not run d man down with ur skillful tongue.
A sane man wld want u to b successful, I dnt mind marry a woman dat has more qualifications dan I do Bt as long as she knows dat she's not d hubby.....so she shld jst play her role as my wife n not as my "successful" wife.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikies(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2016
cao:
Reading some of the responses on the first page, just proves the backwards thinking of some people, but alas everyone is allowed freedom of speech. I can't ever really take this freeze fella seriously, maybe he should just freeze & use his right to remain silent.

I agree with ur dp.....nice
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by wildrose21(m): 10:39am On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.
I suggest you read your nairaland personal text and really understand what what it is all about...

I really should counter your logic by posting pictures of a woman who was stripped naked for allegedly kidnapping, another picture of a woman who allegedly murdered her husband in Ibadan, and yet another who threw her new born baby into a pit... And insinuate they are 'equal' to men (those dearest to you) or better still 'equal' to you...

But on a second thought, you are entitled to your opinion, and just maybe you really ain't worth the stress...

9 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 10:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Moneytize:
My dear, no sane man will prevent his woman from attaining her dreams, the matter in question is will she be that submissive wife and a mother to her kids when they need her?
I did mention something about submission,ofcourse she's aware of her role as a mother and wife,she's responsible enough not to neglect it,its all about prioritising and trying to create a balance, now that's where the spouse should be supportive,you just have to map out a way to combine it,in all you should be ready to make sacrifices too,its all for the better.
its not like you would be a nursing mother forever, or your kids wouldn't grow up.My mum was a perfect role model,I aspire to be better. if she could do it,then its very realistic.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by OBAGADAFFI: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Women who compete with men for equity, are always reminded of the womanhood when their body starts ringing bells.

Worked with most of them, when task becomes hard in workplace, they remind you they're women.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by doll912(f): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:

There's something wrong with that post. Men and women are equal but opposite. Man was incomplete without woman. We need each other. I'm no feminist and I believe in gender roles but please, men are women are equal. So you think a man is a better specie than you [/b]And remember it was only after the fall of mankind that wives were placed under their husbands. Read Genesis 3.[b]

6 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2016
kikies:

Ur place is beside ur man n not in front, n u bin beside means u shld b supportive n not run d man down with ur skillful tongue.
A sane man wld want u to b successful, I dnt mind marry a woman dat has more qualifications dan I do Bt as long as she knows dat she's not d hubby.....so she shld jst play her role as my wife n not as my "successful" wife.
you have a problem with success??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Owliver(m): 10:43am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
the concept of "society" is all about hierarchy. head and followers. this idea is imposed by law as societal morals or religious morals. with physical strength of survival we men have ruled over you for centuries and you have relied on us for centuries. now talking about marriage as a smaller society same thing applies. there must be a head and then followers. that's how it works. since time immemorial we men had taken that position either by force or by deception. we have made that our birth right even all religions invented by men dictated such structure. it's a psychological thing.

only the west have been able to deviate from such psychological order. we Africans are new to this, hence the reason for so much defence against such ideology.

so don't interpret in such manner. it's being a long time coming

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Moneytize: 10:46am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
I did mention something about submission,ofcourse she's aware of her role as a mother and wife,she's responsible enough not to neglect it,its all about prioritising and trying to create a balance, now that's where the spouse should be supportive,you just have to map out a way to combine it,in all you should be ready to make sacrifices too,its all for the better.
its not like you would be a nursing mother forever, or your kids wouldn't grow up.My mum was a perfect role model,I aspire to be better. if she could do it that its very realistic.
With that said you can go ahead and even rule my world. ;-)
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Emeka71(m): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:
My dear colleague Freeze is beginning to bore me.
You work with him ?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by doll912(f): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2016
lonelydora:
They never born any woman wey go claim equal right with me. We are Africans and have our culture.

They brought gayism, we all rejected it. They went back and brought this gender equality, we still reject it.

Who you be? I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2016
Owliver:
the concept of "society" is all about hierarchy. head and followers. this idea is imposed by law as societal morals or religious morals. with physical strength of survival we men have ruled over you for centuries and you have relied on us for centuries. now talking about marriage as a smaller society same thing applies. there must be a head and then followers. that's how it works. since time immemorial we men had taken that position either by force or by deception. we have made that our birth right even all religions invented by men dictated such structure. it's a psychological thing.

only the west have been able to deviate from such psychological order. we Africans are new to this, hence the reason for so much defence against such ideology.

fine,I do understand your perspective.

so as a HEAD,you wouldn't want a follower that can be useful to you,that can support you in

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by hardbody: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:

Wife material spotte6
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2016
Jobia:
lol. Cant stop laughing

lol

I just tire for some Nairaland women and their severe low self esteem.
Imagine the nonsense she wrote. Whether na PM and toasters she dey find sef I no know.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 18, 2016
therevelation2:

Babe are you married?

You are the type of woman I need abeg.

And there's her Jackpot prize! A marriage proposal to reward her support for the oppression and neglect of her race. Well done.
All you women advocating the right to your own bodies, your property, equal opportunity and wages - no husbands for you. Whatever shall we do?!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by mrnuur(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2016
wiringdpt:
Feminism, a movement designed for unattractive women with no discernible skills.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2016
Owliver:

Fine,I understand your perspective.

so,as a HEAD you don't want a follower that wouldn't be a liability to you,that can support you in plenty ways to achieve a common goal.you don't want a follower that you can partner with and share all your losses and profits with,a productive and useful partner?seems you prefer otherwise.
if truly in the concept of marriage a woman is the helper,then I don't see any reason while she should be totally silenced to a point where she becomes redundant to even her own self.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by smtx(m): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2016
lovat:
Being a talkative is making many marriage to crash.

Imagine in Africa a man suffering Spousal Violence

Is Freeze a man undecided

This guy talks more than a woman, geez! No wonder he couldn't keep his wife, he was playing her role.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Gerrard59(m): 10:58am On Jun 18, 2016
FlirtyKaren:

‘When you find yourself in a situation, you react to it accordingly. If you marry an African man, you should know that you shouldn’t tell him to do the dishes unless he chooses to help you out. I can mention quite a few feminists.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/being-feminist-is-denying-many-women-of.html

Nobody is saying men have to wash dishes, however, leaving dishes unwashed and even clothes for your partner to come and wash when you could do it isn't fair. Saying that a lady who comes from work late in the night to come and cook even when you came earlier than her is not fair. What stops the man from cooking and keeping some for his partner? This transcends beyond feminism, it's about doing to others as you want others to do to you.

Furthermore, feminism has helped the world and obliterated useless misconceptions and culture(s). Why must a lady have a male as a sponsor before she can rent an apartment because she's single? That's what feminism has done to help the society. It has given rights to my sister, nieces, female cousins and definitely my future daughter(s) to do things hitherto they weren't allowed to do or achieve. Saying that women have to put up with terms like "men are polygamous by nature"; which gives you the freewill to cheat isn't fair whatsoever.

Nevertheless, there are fanatics in any system or movement. However, feminism, whichever way you look at it has contributed to global development and advancement. It has given rights to those who didn't have any, hope to the downtrodden, opportunities to those who didn't have any to grab, dreams to those who never had any, education to illiterates and many more.

I'm proud to be a feminist.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by doll912(f): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2016
kikies:

I want to be a successful wife of a successful man. If you have a problem with that, then it's a case of inferiority complex. Why should I be made to live like a pauper because my husband doesn't have to zeal to strive and be better. I will strive to be successful in career or business and yet know my role as a wife and mother and that's a successful woman. Deal with that!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Paul Okoye Flaunts His Luxury Gold (Photos) / Chinyere Wilfred & Human Statue That Looks Like A Robot / School Life No Easy, James Brown Laments Barely One Month Of Gaining Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.