Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze (33924 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Denying Her Husband Beat Her With Swollen Eye (Throwback Video) / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / OAP Freeze Shops For Crocodile Meat At Epe Fish Market (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by oshaosha2014(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Receive sense in Jesus name. Those men you have their pix here have women at home that look up to them. This is pure insult to the lady. Why not post pix of responsible and well cultured men. No matter the level a man finds himself on the ladder of life, there's a woman there treating him like a king.

fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by oshaosha2014(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
They are husbands onto themselves.

Remii:
Husband for what na? Dem no need am na, they are equal and capable of standing alone.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Menzy86(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Africans will never fully grasp the basics or core of a concept before rushing to ridicule its entire essence. Unknown to many, the feminist movement was started by a MAN (need to look up his full name again) with advocacy for the BASIC RIGHTS of women to be respected as much as possible back then.

Here in Nigeria, I have seen SEVERAL successful women that fully understand what GENDER ROLES are and have perfectly internalized its essence and are living in very happy and successful marriages. These days we just have a band of little girls who know little or nothing about respect and mutuality contesting for primary relevance in peculiar roles only when it favours them. That is why more marriages are going sour these days and more thriftless children are been born.

The real women are strategists. They know men live for their ego and water it while furthering their courses unnoticed. Our parents lived like this and had successful marriages and bred intelligent (all round) children. No responsible and well bred man will want a confrontational and obviously competitive woman for a wife. Never works and thats what ALL WOMEN must understand and work on how to balance. I for certain would NEVER settle for dunce of a wife. That will translate to having dunces for children in many cases!

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by dollyjoy(f): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:

Never seen self esteem this low....
Thank you miss/Mrs high self esteem, my low self esteem keeps me going and place me at peace/ harmony with my dearest.smileysmileysmiley

6 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by dollyjoy(f): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Xano:

If you are a lady as indicated on your profile and wrote this from your heart, God enrich your marriage.
bless you too sirsmiley
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Gerrard59(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
cr7lomo:

Yes na...am very certain....infact u are the woman in ur gay relationship...so u people fight for equality too...lmao, nothing wey person no go c

Highly fallacious. I'm as heterosexual as the word denotes, and yes, I'm a feminist; a proud one at that.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chccho(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:

I guess you feel all ladies on Nairaland are unmarried. Remove that notion from your brain. Number 2, I didn't even bother reading what he wrote cos like I said, from his previous write-ups, he's really boring me. This site is quite faceless, don't jump into conclusions.
How did i conclude or say anything about being married or not? U should be very careful how u react/respond to topics cos it could directly or indirectly show ur stand.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by dollyjoy(f): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.
Now this is funny. Lmaooooooooooocheesycheesycheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chccho(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gerrard59:

Highly fallacious. I'm as heterosexual as the word denotes, and yes, I'm a feminist; a proud one at that.
Pls can u do me the honour of confirming this grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikies(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
you have a problem with success??
Nope I embrace it
I once had a gf who already had MSc n was doin her PhD in SA, I Neva for once felt inferior with my BSc n she made sure I Neva felt inferior n she also made sure I Neva did.....because she didn't stick it in my face
Dats wat I'm talking about.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by obamma: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad

God bless your marriage plenty. Those who have ear let them hear.

Those that choose to argue all the time will only reap fruits of argument which is not palatable.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by trilobite: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:

shocked shocked
This is the problem.
You lot refuse to understand what you are fighting against.
You have failed in this major law of combat. ... know and understand your opponent.

Look, I know how many "I will show him" kind of wives I have encountered. Some of whom married very good men.

I know there is a risk in surrendering your will for the good of the collective. That is why you need to choose carefully before settling down.

Because once you have entered that lane, you no longer come first. Your husband, kids, should be the priority.

You can be a feminist outside your home, but once you get home, the feminist cap gets dumped.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikies(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

I want to be a successful wife of a successful man. If you have a problem with that, then it's a case of inferiority complex. Why should I be made to live like a pauper because my husband doesn't have to zeal to strive and be better. I will strive to be successful in career or business and yet know my role as a wife and mother and that's a successful woman. Deal with that!

N dats exactly wat I'm saying,maybe u jst didn't read well n didn't catch my drift
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol, there's no point trying to make a simple word that follows a natural order of classification more ambiguous than it's. The word itself is self-explanatory and the definitions/examples you cited don't even agree with ya logic.

Anyway, how come feminists only exist in cyberspace and I don't see practising feminists in the real world? Every time I take chics out, they always expect me to pay...why is that? When are women going to start paying for themselves like guys do? I check the gender of lorry/trailer drivers and builders daily and I never see women...when are women going to start putting feminism into practice by doing these types of jobs? Why're they letting men cheat them in these fields?

Also, in the fields like Engineering and Surveying - there are hardly women there. And these days there are loads of incentives for women in these fields, yet women are still running from them. Etc.

So why don't you lot want "equality" in the right places? Why's this word "feminism" only relevant when it comes to disturbing sane men doing their own thing?

Those are Dictionary definitions & examples. But that's okay, you can limit yourself to what you're used to. The same way your limited world has sheltered you from women Engineers, women Truck drivers and women who pick up their own bills.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chinuz(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
If only nigeria accepted the same sex marriage i would so love to see the faces of feminist mothers when their daughters turn lesbian to avoid being mistreated by men. grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by oshaosha2014(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
You and I know you are speaking rubbish. I know your type. How many women you find in place of authority which is traditionally occupied by a man, that still submit themselves to any man.

How many of you can attain an enviable height in life and society and still respect your husband as the head and submit to his authority?. Hardly any of you, because you cant handle that level as a woman. Many of you are there old and single.. living as your own 'husband and wife.'

Mind you, not all men are beasts like you postulated, many men out there adore and cherish and respect their wives because she knows her place as a helpmate and not dragging authority with her man as many of you do today.

And these genuinely submissive women have more powers than many of you bimbos going about looking for powers you did not earn. Go and read about folorunsho alakija; the husband is almost nonexistent because he allowed her run all their business... was she able to achieve that by making so much noise like y'all do today? I think not. Men will naturally let go off the reins and take the back seat when they find themselves with a good woman/wife.

chiwetel:
And where exactly is our place??
A place where we are intimidated and forced to give up our dreams?
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.
isn't that what living is all about?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by HaneefahRN(f): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is this bororo married? undecided

I don't believe men are superior to women. In the family structure you can tell me the husband is the head of the home and above his wife. That is accepted in the family setting. We have varying but equally important and supportive functions.

Don't tell me every Tom, Dick, Harry is superior to me cos he has a dic. k swinging between his thighs. Mttchew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by nishola17(f): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
I don't believe in the gender equality or feminism movement , God created male and female with different roles therefore we can't be equal.
As a lady my bible and pastor tells me to be submissive to MY HUSBAND not to Everyman in the society .
In as much as ladies aspire to be CEO, MD ,GMD and the likes your primary role in the home as a lady shouldn't be neglected cos of career and challenging the authority of your HUSBAND is totally wrong even if the lady is the bread winner.
Many ladies feel when they are up there , they can challenge and compete with their husbands . It's wrong in the home
That's my take on the issue .

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by harsysky(m): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
ummeey:
Really? Under which class of food? Well if it is your second food, cook it yourself. Do you have pot belly?

To answer you:

1)Yes

2) Love building food ( cos wen you respect a man, he'll love and give you attention)

3) My gal friend just prepared respect for me now

4) No, I don't.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by dare2differ: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
He divorced his wife because she was abusive. grin

HaneefahRN:
Is this bororo married? undecided

I don't believe men are superior to women. In the family structure you can tell me the husband is the head of the home and above his wife, but not tell me every Tom, Dick, Harry is superior to me cos he has a dic. k swinging between his thighs. Mttchew

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Olabestonic001(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
And where exactly is our place??
A place where we are intimidated and forced to give up our dreams?
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.
isn't that what living is all about?

If you dt dear, you'll be married.
Wife is a role and husband is one too. The problem of those feminists is that they sought to emasculate the man just because some men are foolish and bad. I've seen bad women, but I believe women are naturally good. Most women get it wrong with their man because they go to marriage with a mindset of "partnership" and most men get it wrong because they go to marriage with a mindset of "Boss" and not leader. I daresay that most women will submit to a True Leader but are our ladies ready to be women again? Are they not seeing their hubby as rivals rather than true heads?
The day a man's headship and ego is bruised, the marriage begins to nosedive.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Odunharry(m): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
wiringdpt:
Feminism, a movement designed for unattractive women with no discernible skills.
lol.. many Nigerians, females especially are just following the bandwagon..trust me alot dont know what the movement is all about and many are hypocrites.
They want equal rights yet can't do what many men do for them.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Odunharry(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Breadmaker:

Exactly my point dear.

God outlines the roles of women and men as different but equally as important. He created us different physically, emotionally. Men and women can never be equal. You can say 2 + 2 = 5 if you want to, but the truth is intolerant... 2 + 2 will always equal 4.

What we ask for is that they(men and women) be given equal rights. Women should be allowed to do things they fell they can do and that is what the equal right movement was all about.

The Equal Rights Movements wanted things such as the right to vote and more equality in the work force, a law against domestic violence, maternity leave, equal pay and a law agains sexual harassment and sexual violence.

But Feminism?

Ahhhh!

That one tire me.

Feminism is no longer a movement for equal right for both genders. It is now a movement by people who want to be given everything on a earth because they have breast.

Gender equality is a noble goal, but feminism not it, rather, feminism perpetuates sexism.

It is now a movement by people who want to blame men for every little thing that goes wrong on earth. Who ridicules men to make a point.

It is now a movement by lazy women who thrown knives, scissors and chairs, etc at their man to try to get him to hit her so she could have something to hold over his head in court and claim half of everything he worked for.
Thieves and potential thieves that do not know that there are thieves yet.

Feminism is breaking up the traditional roles of the woman in a family and society. It also causes confusion among men and women as to where they stand in the family that's why you hear people say my husband is the head and I'm the neck. I could go on and on but lemme stop here.
A bottle of Andre and full chicken for you

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:
That's some women for you.

Instead of helping to secure the future for their daughters and grand daughters, they are more interested in winning the approval of men who actually consider them sub-human in comparison.

If our brave fore mothers that brought feminism to where it is today didn't do what they had to do and endure dislike for our own good, we would probably still be at the stage where we can't vote or go out without the approval of a man.

I wonder what's more important. Being liked by some faceless insecure men or doing what's important for the future generations.

The men will still turn around to label them fish brain. I wonder what kind of masochism makes some women single handedly uphold all the ideologies and traditions that oppress them.
I don't understand them.
People are really different. That I see now.

My dear, you need help.

Your logic on issue is always negatively skewed and dysfunctional. No need to take you seriously till you learn to have a balance perspective to life.

It's pretty amazing how you create all those illusions in your mind about some traditions that impede you and of men that assume a stereotypical role that you create for them out of nothingness.

One wonders why it is only the future of your daughters that you have deemed necessary to secure. What then should happen to your sons and grand sons?

Your life must be really sad and I can't but pity all the men you have around and hanging in for your type.

I have pleasure in informing you that your bitterness about men is needless. In case it might be the matter that you regret your natural condition, kindly note that medicine today offers you an escape route - that's why we have transgenders and we would have no hesitation to class in you in the category you belong.

What do you contribute to the world and why do you want society to answer to you merely because of the presence of a breast and a slightly bloated waist line?

The less of your nuisance we have in the world, the better for all us - and that includes your daughters and grand daughters!

You can only just be Cococandy! No more, No less.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by HaneefahRN(f): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:
He divorced his wife because she was abusive. grin

Lolz
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Shym3xx: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Those are Dictionary definitions & examples. But that's okay, you can limit yourself to what you're used to. The same way your limited world has sheltered you from women Engineers, women Truck drivers and women who pick up their own bills.

Lol. Now you're sounding more and more like an internet armchair feminist a la feminazi lol.

Apart from the fact that usage is wrong in context of women in general, it is also wrong in the context of feminism in which you used it. I bet you don't know that there are black feminists (Pioneer black feminists) who don't agree with traditional feminism cos they believe traditional feminism doesn't cater to them culturally as women of colour and it only caters to white women from an Eurocentric perspective lol.

Now, can you see the racial divide now? So why would you use race to qualify something as dysfunctional as that with so many divides?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by ogunaofor: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
A quick google search for those who don't know. Because i see alot of ignorance on display here

Gender equality is the view that both men and women should receive equal treatment and not be discriminated against based on their gender.
Gender equality is a human right. Women are entitled to live with dignity and with freedom from want and from fear. – See more at: http://www.unfpa.org/gender-equality#sthash.RZsZ5Fhn.dpuf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Olabestonic001(m): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gerrard59:

Nobody is saying men have to wash dishes, however, leaving dishes unwashed and even clothes for your partner to come and wash when you could do it isn't fair. Saying that a lady who comes from work late in the night to come and cook even when you came earlier than her is not fair. What stops the man from cooking and keeping some for his partner? This transcends beyond feminism, it's about doing to others as you want others to do to you.

Furthermore, feminism has helped the world and obliterated useless misconceptions and culture(s). Why should a lady have a male as a sponsor before she can rent an apartment because she's single? That's what feminism has done to help the society. It has given rights to my sister, nieces, female cousins and definitely my future daughter(s) to do things hitherto they weren't allowed to do or achieve. Saying that women have to put up with terms like "men are polygamous by nature"; which gives you the freewill to cheat isn't fair whatsoever.

Nevertheless, there are fanatics in any system or movement. However, feminism, whichever way you look at it has contributed to global development and advancement. It has given rights to those who don't have any, hope to the downtrodden, opportunities to those who didn't have any to grab, dreams to those who never had any, education to illiterates and many more.

I'm proud to be a feminist.

Sorry, Advocacies and Activism do not give hope, they give rights. And Rights do not help much to model humanity, it helps only to fictionalise. Soon, mark it, there'll be "men's rights" groups. Interestingly, any success gotten by brigandage will always create disharmony. Feminists have got men pissed off with such folks. Feminists only created a devil to counter another devil.
Men didn't treat women well in former dispensation but it seems Feminists are bent on treating and manipulating men in the present dispensation. Women dt promulgate Feminisms are always protective that their sons are not well treated by the other woman.
Feminist major agenda if you look at it, is to Control Men.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by mikolo80: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:
My dear colleague Freeze is beginning to bore me.
yet you're commenting on his thread

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Barywhyte(m): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad

Iwo Obinrin yi, it shall be well with you! Don't knw what to say to you
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
Thank you miss/Mrs high self esteem, my low self esteem keeps me going and place me at peace/ harmony with my dearest.smileysmileysmiley

If peace/harmony with your dearest is the ultimate you wish to achieve in life, then clap for yasef... you aff arrived.....

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Olabestonic001(m): 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

I think women that can't get any type of male attention in real life are the ones that rush to bring themselves down online so that men will praise them.

They are typically fat, ugly, smelly and dull so they go their whole lives not getting any male attention that's why they become so desperate to the point of turning themselves to footmats online so that men can notice them.

On the contrary, I think women who had a sour and bitter experiences with men are the ones who crave feminism. But, how do we blame such women? The heads were bad and it has affected them. Feminists deserves men's pity because a correct man will make the woman forget Gender Equality and Women's Rights. I lament daily that we rely on some dumb Advocacies to do Right.
A true man will let a woman reach her full potential (under GOD). Even when we have a gender-biased Israel's society, men like Lapidoth and Miriam's hubby let their women reach their full potentials without competing with them for Centre-stage.
And also, if a woman is destined for Centre-Stage, a True man will let her reach it without feeling threatened. But, we have a dearth of Correct Men in our world, hence, incorrect women abounds.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Juliet Ibrahim Shows Off Her Curves In Red Dress / Photo Of Tuface's Boys - Nino & Zion / Bbnaija: Nina’s Ex-boyfriend, Collins Laments Over Impostor Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.