Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze (33916 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Denying Her Husband Beat Her With Swollen Eye (Throwback Video) / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / OAP Freeze Shops For Crocodile Meat At Epe Fish Market (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by shaybebaby(f): 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
heykims:
Gender equality my foot
Even during sex, men re always on top..
Your sex life must be boring. undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
trilobite:

Look, I know how many "I will show him" kind of wives I have encountered. Some of whom married very good men.

I know there is a risk in surrendering your will for the good of the collective. That is why you need to choose carefully before settling down.

Because once you have entered that lane, you no longer come first. Your husband, kids, should be the priority.

You can be a feminist outside your home, but once you get home, the feminist cap gets dumped.

I don't know how one can be a good wife/mother if one is unhappy with the way one is being treated.
Feminism is not selfishness. Its simply says don't loose yourself.
Putting others first whether in marriage or out of it, a basic code of life.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by shaybebaby(f): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.
Brilliant! grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chinuz(m): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nairalander always.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Baylow25(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
i don't believe in feminism but i believe in equality in terms of women not being oppressed and being raped by men who feel they are superior. Men are superior to women but doesn't mean that if you have all that power you should oppress someone who is weaker than you. I know that this feminism isn't about gender equality but about women grievances about men they just want to be loved and cared for and they will submit happily to us. It's just common sense but if a man does all these things and the women is not appreciative of your efforts then she has serious problems but the thing about feminism is that they have forgotten the initial reasons why women actually were fighting it in the first place and they are using the term to brainwash young women of nowadays to behave in a way that they now fear us and we are termed as beasts to be tamed and that any small opportunity we will rape, kill, cheat e.t.c but when they do it it is totally cool

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by trilobite: 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:

I don't know how one can be a good wife/mother if one is unhappy with the way one is being treated.
Feminism is not selfishness. Its simply says don't loose yourself.
Putting others first whether in marriage or out of it, a basic code of life.

How? Two words: matured communication.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Arijude(m): 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad
Wooooow!!!!! Ugly women are usually sensible. Thanks for this your comment.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. Now you're sounding more and more like an internet armchair feminist a la feminazi lol.

Apart from the fact that usage is wrong in context of women in general, it is also wrong in the context of feminism in which you used it. I bet you don't know that there are black feminists (Pioneer black feminists) who don't agree with traditional feminism cos they believe traditional feminism doesn't cater to them culturally as women of colour and it only caters to white women from an Eurocentric perspective lol.

Now, can you see the racial divide now? So why would you use race to qualify something as dysfunctional as that with so many divides?

Smh. Why even try!
I ask: what color is this coat? You say: I don't like coats. Communication: failed!
Guy, just shift please, there's no redemption here. Taking on the different waves of feminism through time and across the globe is really beyond you. Find something relaxing to read. Suggestion: Green Eggs and Ham.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by aalangel(f): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
chccho:

How did i conclude or say anything about being married or not? U should be very careful how u react/respond to topics cos it could directly or indirectly show ur stand.

You're boring too...
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by aalangel(f): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
mikolo80:
yet you're commenting on his thread

Are you Freeze?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by ccffwx: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hey, no noise people. The TRUTH is that nobody is superior to the other regardless of gender, class or race. GOD loves us equally. So men and women live your lives freely and happily.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by mikolo80: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
aalangel:

Are you Freeze?
it is you who says I am

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Hades2016(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad
nice one my sister . Women can never be equal to men , God created men first and He knows what He was doing

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by eyinjuege: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
kikayboss:
hey sorry not after the fall of man....you where made to be helpers and supporters not the leaders.....when a woman supports her man in fulfilling his dreams it becomes a case of """*man cannot get to the husband except through the wife alone""* ....so , get your roles right ....

Can a woman not have her own dreams too? Doesn't she need support too in fulfilling her own dreams?
Are people really that selfish and self deluded to really think the world really revolves around them alone?
No wonder families are breaking up, when self is the order of the day.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by aalangel(f): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
mikolo80:
it is you who says I am
You're not, maintain your lane.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Afroconnect: 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
That ancient roman quote is apt, a word for the wise.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
I support Gender equality in the household men need to step up and not just exert power the fact that you are married or dating someone should never lead you to be violent. He is your husband She is your wife treat them with respect, love and understanding.

Feminism is termed anything that is pro women rights but doesn't a woman deserve peace and calm in her home. The economy is tight and employment isn't easy. I value good men not afraid to go for an intelligent woman. We all can learn from each other but no one is superior abeg

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by baba11(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'll never marry a feminist too cool

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Shym3xx: 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Smh. Why even try!
I ask: what color is this coat? You say: I don't like coats. Communication: failed!
Guy, just shift please, there's no redemption here. Taking on the different waves of feminism through time and across the globe is really beyond you. Find something relaxing to read. Suggestion: Green Eggs and Ham.

Lmao @ the chic who used race to qualify women. It must be the thick accent that made you turn human to woman lol.

For you to even use race to qualify an ideology that's divided along racial, religious, and social lines as a whole shows you're more obtuse than I initially thought. Typical of the internet feminists who hear or read about a word and think it's the next bandwagon in vogue to jump on. Clown with a befitting handle - brain and logic as raggedy as RaggedyAnn looool.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
trilobite:

How? Two words: matured communication.

And you think that's not part of feminism?
Being able to communicate your feelings to people around you is one of the tenets of feminism.
This is a society where what the man says is final. No communication, no further discussion, nothing. As a woman, just take what the man/husband says. Because female and male are not equal.
Women should be able to bodly let their husbands know that they do not want to be full housewives. That they want to pursue a career too. That they are unhappy with something. Question their husband actions if need be. Etc

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
shaybebaby:

Your sex life must be boring. undecided

I know right!!!
The sweetness that comes with the female riding on top. wink wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
baba11:
I'll never marry a feminist too cool
Like a feminist will even look at you once sef.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ the chic who used race to qualify women. It must be the thick accent that made you turn human to woman lol.

For you to even use race to qualify an ideology that's divided along racial, religious, and social lines as a whole shows you're more obtuse than I initially thought. Typical of the internet feminists who hear or read about a word and think it's the next bandwagon in vogue to jump on. Clown with a befitting handle - brain and logic as raggedy as RaggedyAnn looool.

Ok, I got you good this time. Your crudeness is showing.

"Than you initially thought", huh? Referring to the female group as a race was the post that started this tedious back and forth. If it took you this many posts to realize that you think the qualification obtuse, then............well, that's just slow.

Very slow.

Very, very..........slow.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by baba11(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:

Like a feminist will even look at you once sef.
They'll not even look at me once since they're far far below my status tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
baba11:

They'll not even look at me once since they're far far below my status tongue

Nah, based on the way you reason, you are intellectually below anyone and anything. This aint even about material possession.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Afroconnect: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ugly women wey no sweet,with bad character started this feminist movement-too bad the sweet ladies want to imbibe it-to their detriment.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Shym3xx: 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Ok, I got you good this time. Your crudeness is showing.

"Than you initially thought", huh? Referring to the female group as a race was the post that started this tedious back and forth. If it took you this many posts to realize that you think the qualification obtuse, then............well, that's just slow.

Very slow.

Very, very..........slow.

Lol, RaggedyAnn, why are you always doing this to yourself? This is what happens when you decide to name yourself after a cartoon character lol. The last time, I advised you to stop posting based on emotional impulses and told you to seek coaching under my tutelage, but you went ghost after that. Now, you're acting obtuse lol. Regardless, I like you and your utter long epistles...you're a tad talented when it comes to telling stories lol. Mini-Achebe right there lol.

The application of race in this context is wrong. Just accept you're wrong and move on. Or is being stubborn part of the new revised codes for internet feminism? Lol. And if you think I don't know more about feminism than you do, then you must be blinkered. Even shollypopz, the queen of armchair feminism on these boards, will never say that loool.

Anyway, I want to check ya feminism pass lol. RaggedyAnn, when was the last time you paid for yourself when you went out on a date? And do you practise equality when having sex cos most chics say they can only be submissive during sex and that isn't a good omen for feminism?

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Arsenate(m): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
Thank you miss/Mrs high self esteem, my low self esteem keeps me going and place me at peace/ harmony with my dearest.smileysmileysmiley
this, my dear, is your best post on this thread (much lovelier than that one that got all the nairaland men fighting for your love grin).
The fact that you held your cool and responded to those bitter ladies in a polite manner even as they intentionally tried to provoke you shows that you are truly at peace with your dearest cheesy
Just keep doing what makes you happy, dear.

1 Like

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol, RaggedyAnn, why are you always doing this to yourself? This is what happens when you decide to name yourself after a cartoon character lol. The last time, I advised you to stop posting based on emotional impulses and told you to seek coaching under my tutelage, but you went ghost after that. Now, you're acting obtuse lol. Regardless, I like you and your utter long epistles...you're a tad talented when it comes to telling stories lol. Mini-Achebe right there lol.

The application of race in this context is wrong. Just accept you're wrong and move on. Or is being stubborn part of the new revised codes for internet feminism? Lol. And if you think I don't know more about feminism than you do, then you must be blinkered. Even shollypopz, the queen of armchair feminism on these boards, will never say that loool.

Anyway, I want to check ya feminism pass lol. RaggedyAnn, when was the last time you paid for yourself when you went out on a date? And do you practise equality when having sex cos most chics say they can only be submissive during sex and that isn't a good omen for feminism?

I thought I recognized this mental decay from somewhere!!! We have communicated this ineffectively on NL before, haven't we. Years ago. At least you haven't changed - your commitment to garbage is still steadfast. And yes, I like people who are committed to their natures - no surprises.

But we'll agree to disagree on all issues.

I have always been someone who pays. I don't go into relationships unless I can contribute as much is I get, on all fronts; or I take as much as I'm prepared to give. You'll NEVER get any joy concluding I'm a leech.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Mujtahida: 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
We should understand not just feminism but the motives behind it. It was created, nurtured and espoused for a deep and mind boggling purpose. For starters:Jews are behind it. Men and women represent something deeply embedded in the nature of the universe. The penis is power, direction, order, precision, discipline and control (are this not the reason women love men?) the female part symbolises receptivity, submission, softness, grace, patience, accommodation, warmth, abundance. When the softness of a woman touches a man he becomes hard, and when the hardness of a man touches a woman she begins to know herself. This is the natural order. Yin/Yang, the active/passive, heaven/earth, positive/negative. They must combine to bring balance. Creation cannot happen without the happy combination of the two. Feminism has destroyed the feminine and has deprived the masculine of its shelter, it's comfort, it's support. Now everything is in chaos. Women generally cannot handle power. It frustrates them. Women should do work that aligns and corresponds with their innate nature. But they will never agree. They will shout, protest, cry, rebel. Men we must be strong. Very strong. Because it is in the nature of a woman to keep pushing until a strong man puts her in her place! Then she will be happy. Be strong as a man ooo. Be strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Leave them let 'me continue "I don't need a man" speech. Later when they turn 40 - above they will be the one to sponsor the whole wedding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Manda, Davido's New Atlanta-Based Girlfriend [PICS] / Debie-rise Pictured With Rashida Bello, Kogi First Lady / Bobrisky Dumps Nina For Cee-C (Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.