Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze (33918 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Denying Her Husband Beat Her With Swollen Eye (Throwback Video) / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / OAP Freeze Shops For Crocodile Meat At Epe Fish Market (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2016
Owliver:
yes inequality must prevail in a society. think about the jungle where there's no society. no rich, no poor, no strong, no weak but just survival. society is a jungle but a jungle of deception. where one is a billionaire and another can't afford a bread. religion tells a poor man to remain hungry that god knows why. without this acceptance of inequality society cannot prevail.

inequality is part of life, struggle, deceive and fight to get to the top that's what we all do but when it comes to family society if you take it so dearly then you must conform to the norms of a society, knowing that that one will have to be down for others to be above.

why do you think god does whatever he likes? cos he's more powerful.

I believe I have passed a great message to you. hold it dearly. know when to fight and know when bot too. choose your wars wisely. it's all vanity.
That was insightful.Thanks.
well,in a society where everyone has come to accept the status quo you would definitely be labeled a rebel if you crave something better.As for me,am looking beyond society,I hope to live life to it's fullest, finding my purpose and exploring my potentials,I would be sure to remember to align myself with people that crave the same.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chinuz(m): 11:45am On Jun 18, 2016
If i tok now one feminist wud jst bring in my mum nd sisters into it.. so lemme jst waka pass jare ..sme pple dnt understand what he is saying shaa no need to pay attention
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Gerrard59(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2016
cr7lomo:

And gay as well

So because I am a feminist, therefore, I am gay?

The reasoning of most Nairalanders. embarassed

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:
That's some women for you.

Instead of helping to secure the future for their daughters and grand daughters, they are more interested in winning the approval of men who actually consider them sub-human in comparison.

If our brave fore mothers that brought feminism to where it is today didn't do what they had to do and endure dislike for our own good, we would probably still be at the stage where we can't vote or go out without the approval of a man.

I wonder what's more important. Being liked by some faceless insecure men or doing what's important for the future generations.

The men will still turn around to label them fish brain. I wonder what kind of masochism makes some women single handedly uphold all the ideologies and traditions that oppress them.
I don't understand them.
People are really different. That I see now.

I think women that can't get any type of male attention in real life are the ones that rush to bring themselves down online so that men will praise them.

They are typically fat, ugly, smelly and dull so they go their whole lives not getting any male attention that's why they become so desperate to the point of turning themselves to footmats online so that men can notice them.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Speakdatruth: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2016
Debbime:
I quite agree with you, funny enough, I saw a lady whose husband is still in love with her and shows it at every given moment after 24 years of marriage and when i asked, she told me it's really simple. "she has accepted the man as the head of their home and she has taken up a 2nd position. How cute is that? I suggest all women read the book "The power of Being a Woman" by Michelle McKinney Hammond and "The Power of a Woman and the Men that Love Them" by the late Myles Munroe.

You're a fan of Myles Munroe?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by aalangel(f): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2016
chccho:

because u r one of those he is refering to

I guess you feel all ladies on Nairaland are unmarried. Remove that notion from your brain. Number 2, I didn't even bother reading what he wrote cos like I said, from his previous write-ups, he's really boring me. This site is quite faceless, don't jump into conclusions.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by wildrose21(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

GO TO HELL!

I didn't address you so fck off with your nonsense!

You had to log in with your alt account to say that rubbish without even taking time to understand that post.

GO TO HELL!
Chuckles
Madam, no one is going to HELL.
The least you could have done was try to make me see what you see...
I really will never squabble with anyone here.
Shalom
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by sparkwil(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad

Very nice post.

In addition men should learn to respect women and not bully them.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

hahahahahahhahahhaha.
I am crying...lwkmd
She dey find NL likes while acting out her script from the THE GOOD WIFE or maybe she is actually wired like that.

You deserve a spot on the Hollywood Walk of Fame... kiss

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by taiwoti(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=therevelation2 post=46683240][/quote]

Since i saw this picture you posted i can't stop laughing, can you kindly send it to my mail abeg, akinyemitaiwo42@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
I don't believe in equality, what matters most is respect and understanding in any form of affair. Women can never be equal with men,there is reason why God made man first. I think the sooner women accept their place in the society/men's life the better..sad
Never seen self esteem this low....

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Owliver(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
That was insightful.Thanks.
well,in a society where everyone has come to accept the status quo you would definitely be labeled a rebel if you crave something better.As for me,am looking beyond society,I hope to live life to it's fullest, finding my purpose and exploring my potentials,I would be sure to remember to align myself with people that crave the same.
hmm you have a lot to learn. when someone tags you a rebel be glad. who isn't a rebel? who isn't selfish? who isn't wicked? these words are codes implanted in us by society used as a tool to create negative feelings thus get things from us.

for example, someone begs you money and you refuse, you are tagged selfish. Lolz that's just a word to prick on your conscience just to make you feel a negative anxiety so you feel guilty of "bad"... but isn't the person asking too selfish? why does he want your money.... but really we all came to this world naked, so "your money" is not even yours, you deceived out of your selfishness to get it. and I ask again. who isn't selfish?

I could talk to you for days but let me stop before I bore you.

have a great day grin
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by iykedare(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
And where exactly is our place??
A place where we are intimidated and forced to give up our dreams?
A place where we are disrespected because we are seen as inferior?I could go on and on,that's more like an animal's place..
I am no feminist, wherever that word came from I just don't see any reason why I should subdue my potentials,and give up my dreams because a society of small minds doesn't tolerate otherwise.
I don't know about you,buh I want to be a successful wife,mother and individual and ofcourse am totally willingly to submit myself in wholeness to a man that not only knows my worth,buh is ready to support me to efficiently utilise my potentials.
isn't that what living is all about?

You are confused.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2016
Owliver:
hmm you have a lot to learn. when someone tags you a rebel be glad. who isn't a rebel? who isn't selfish? who isn't wicked? these words are codes implanted in us by society used as a tool to create negative feelings thus get things from us.

for example, someone begs you money and you refuse, you are tagged selfish. Lolz that's just a word to prick on your conscience just to make you feel a negative anxiety so you feel guilty of "bad"... but isn't the person asking too selfish? why does he want your money.... but really we all came to this world naked, so "your money" is not even yours, you deceived out of your selfishness to get it. and I ask again. who isn't selfish?

I could talk to you for days but let me stop before I bore you.

have a great day grin
you too.cheers.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cr7lomo: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Gerrard59:

So because I am a feminist, therefore, I am gay?

The reasoning of most Nairalanders. embarassed

Yes na...am very certain....infact u are the woman in ur gay relationship...so u people fight for equality too...lmao, nothing wey person no go c

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by chiwetel(f): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:

You are confused.
And you are sexily intelligent grin
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Shym3xx: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Yes. Most words are ambiguous and therefore very versatile.

Race as defined thus,
1. Any people united by common history or trait. Eg. The Dutch race. Or
2. Any group, class, or kind, especially of persons: eg, Journalists are an interesting race.

In this case women were referred to as a race because I can think of things they share in common that other beings that aren't women do not have. The vagina, for instance.

Lol, there's no point trying to make a simple word that follows a natural order of classification more ambiguous than it's. The word itself is self-explanatory and the definitions/examples you cited don't even agree with ya logic.

Anyway, how come feminists only exist in cyberspace and I don't see practising feminists in the real world? Every time I take chics out, they always expect me to pay...why is that? When are women going to start paying for themselves like guys do? I check the gender of lorry/trailer drivers and builders daily and I never see women...when are women going to start putting feminism into practice by doing these types of jobs? Why're they letting men cheat them in these fields?

Also, in the fields like Engineering and Surveying - there are hardly women there. And these days there are loads of incentives for women in these fields, yet women are still running from them. Etc.

So why don't you lot want "equality" in the right places? Why's this word "feminism" only relevant when it comes to disturbing sane men doing their own thing?

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by iykedare(m): 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
And you are sexily intelligent grin

Thank you.

Calm down and read what she wrote again.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikayboss(m): 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

There's something wrong with that post. Men and women are equal but opposite. Man was incomplete without woman. We need each other. I'm no feminist and I believe in gender roles but please, men are women are equal. So you think a man is a better specie than you [/b]And remember it was only after the fall of mankind that wives were placed under their husbands. Read Genesis 3.[b]
hey sorry not after the fall of man....you where made to be helpers and supporters not the leaders.....when a woman supports her man in fulfilling his dreams it becomes a case of """*man cannot get to the husband except through the wife alone""* ....so , get your roles right ....
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by trilobite: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Marriage is a union. The minute you are married you become secondary. Whatever you wanted to become, whatever you want to achieve become secondary.

Your family becomes primary, you start thinking about how your decisions will affect them not you.

Feminism is a single's line of thought. Its all about me, me, me. My kids, husband can rot. It should be discouraged.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by solidman59(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Women can never be equal to men, God made it so.
However, we men must learn to respect our women as our better halves.

Gender equality is not possible and will not be accepted just like lesbianism and gay.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
DivaFiva:

Ask them.
The word "feminist" now has a negative connotation but everything you said are the struggles of a feminist.
It doesn't mean "death to all men!"
Like you, I want to be seen and represented.
I want to be able to speak and be heard rather than be silenced only because of my gender.
You are speaking already and your position on any subject will always be well received so long as it represents superior knowledge.

That for you is the only the caveat! No one is giving you the cakes merely because you have a breast and this with all due respect, DivaFiva.

My advice for you and other female folks is to stir yourself out of the illusion that society or men seek to subdue you in all things.

Face up to your own existence, embrace your condition and assigned roles and try to live a little. This your illusion isn't worth a penny.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by charlesu49(m): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
chiwetel:
alright, still using your analogy. if equality is unattainable so therefore what prevails is inequality,from which stems up discrimination, unfair treatment and adverse effects of inferiority.

How do we attain a balance?

You attain a balance by knowing your place. 2 parties can't balance a seesaw by standing on one end, they have to take opposite ends, it doesn't necessarily relegate any of them to a position of less import rather they complement one another. It makes it possible for coexistence and happy living. Your just allowing yourself to be influenced by a complicated notion you don't fully grasp. WOMEN, NO ONE IS AGAINST YOUR SUCCESS! Ya'll keep dreaming up phantom foes that hold you down from achieving your dreams when in truth you either have no dream or you're just confused. Successful women will still be successful and happy with their husbands. The confused ones want to live freely, "do whatever they feel like", have kids, have a husband, but in truth having some of these comes with a responsibility meaning you can't just "do whatever you like". Ya'll just want it all, but you can't have it all. Don't you think the society has influenced men too?? We work hard, pay the bills, care for our wives and kids. Some of us want to do whatever we like as you women want to but we don't because we have a responsibility. Feminism is a fight against nature, you can't win.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by kikayboss(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
ummeey:
Really? Under which class of food? Well if it is your second food, cook it yourself. Do you have pot belly?
lol....some women be screaming "husbands are scarce" later when they get closer to 40yrs..... who wants to marry a woman that doesnt know her place and duties....if you cant respect your man then get ready for unhappy moments if you are involved with any man.....
no man likes bwing dissed by a fellow man ...talk less of a woman...

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by claremont(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by rowland545(m): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikombe:
True talk undecided

Fada fada remix ft buhari grin

Buhari part
"I win President I dey travel go obodo oyibo, na spacecraft remain 4 me baba u know, ndi Igbo biko bia n'ebe a take photo. E no easy 2 dey chill with presido Obama. Na teacher
figure d presido e b 2 me o, since I lost my senses na him cm dy help me eh...i say gone are days wen niger pple de c petrol.right now i de 2 make 1dollar 950.I thank asorock agu na echemba akanchawa o.Na bullet proof cars me nd my guys de journey o.... Oya Boko where you dee. Haha ram... ND avengers where you dee... Haha ram... Lollest.

u funny die I swear
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DollyParton1(f): 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
trilobite:
Marriage is a union. The minute you are married y shocked :oou become secondary. Whatever you wanted to become, whatever you want to achieve become secondary.

Your family becomes primary, you start thinking about how your decisions will affect them not you.

Feminism is a single's line of thought. Its all about me, me, me. My kids, husband can rot. It should be discouraged.

shocked shocked
This is the problem.
You lot refuse to understand what you are fighting against.
You have failed in this major law of combat. ... know and understand your opponent.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Xano(m): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:

If you are a lady as indicated on your profile and wrote this from your heart, God enrich your marriage.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cococandy(f): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
I don't think it has anything to do with looks or lack of offline attention.

Different people have different personalities and for some, it's hard to go against the popular opinion even to their own detriment.

fellis:

I think women that can't get any type of male attention in real life are the ones that rush to bring themselves down online so that men will praise them.

They are typically fat, ugly, smelly and dull so they go their whole lives not getting any male attention that's why they become so desperate to the point of turning themselves to footmats online so that men can notice them.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Lightening: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

You forgot to also upload pictures of ladies like those caught in shoplifting and stripped nacked or those caught in drug/child/women trafikking and those running baby factories to butress your points.
Mcheeeeeew, weak argument!

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
...and also denying men good wives. This thing is not one-sided.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by misreal(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
dollyjoy:
;Dsister can a man like me marry a woman likr you?? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Manda, Davido's New Atlanta-Based Girlfriend [PICS] / Debie-rise Pictured With Rashida Bello, Kogi First Lady / Bobrisky Dumps Nina For Cee-C (Screenshot)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71