Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria (50741 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by obaino860: 11:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
Twistaray:

Go to school una no go hear.

See ya life?

So, you IQ level is this low?

Lmaoooooo

Pained dude.

Above there,go and ask worldbank et al not me.
Yeye dey small.

Honestly, you are embarrassing. grin

You IQ level, eh? lipsrsealed make I no tok sef

from d information I got from ur post...da measured it with living standard.......
so is building not among d living standard...abi na car or cloths...
OK may be na brown roof standard...
OK....if brown roof is d standard da use,I will choose to be in a region with d highest poverty rate...
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Twistaray(m): 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
obaino860:

from d information I got from ur post...da measured it with living standard.......
so is building not among d living standard...abi na car or cloths...
OK may be na brown roof standard...
OK....if brown roof is d standard da use,I will choose to be in a region with d highest poverty rate...

Good for you then.
But remember? The more you see the less you know!
Sleep tight.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by obaino860: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Twistaray:

Oho, I see you don change the melody.

Does it matter? If I tell you and how great my state is you will cry tonight. But I won't honour your request.

Now, answer me, despite the fact that you are not from enugu, why is it the pride of the east?

Lmaooooo grin

Dude, I am done with you,thank you. You made my day. cheesy

l will answer you...I don't like abandoning questions even in exams DAT is y we always comes out with top scores....
every state has her purpose in d south east.....some are for making money....some are for relaxing and chilling down........some are for flexing.....while some are for agriculture and stomach affair.... at least I showed you d states and their functions from my earlier post
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by obaino860: 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
Twistaray:

Oho, I see you don change the melody.

Does it matter? If I tell you and how great my state is you will cry tonight. But I won't honour your request.

Now, answer me, despite the fact that you are not from enugu, why is it the pride of the east?

Lmaooooo grin

Dude, I am done with you,thank you. You made my day. cheesy

OneLov.
Outta here!

Sleep tight!

you can not run,,from Di's oh,,we must finish it today....
OK tell me d state you are from and let's compare d common man resident in d capital TO d houses in my village....are you ready
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
obaino860:

you said buildings are not used to measure poverty rate.....
so tell me what is used......at least I can learn..
I am waiting

The quality of housing of the people can be used to understand the standard of living of the people vis a vis the rate of poverty..

people who pay between 300k to 1.5m annually for rent(depending on the area and type and quality of house ranging from 2bedroom flats to 4bedroom to duplex all in suitr) or many who live in their own houses, such people cannot have the same standard of living with people who pay 75k to 300k annually for rent( ranging from face me I face you house with one toilet and bathroom serving all the tenants to one room and parlour house with outside toliet and kitchen to old dilapedating 3bedroom ) or many of them as fathers still live in their fathers house.

In lagos we know people who live like that.

yoruba majority live in the slum areas with pocket of igbos among them, while the new opening areas with newer buildings and quality housings are mostly occupied by the igbos.

It is common sense. Big income comes with better living standard.

When you go to an area and you see a cluster of dirty people with tribal marks, some wearing hijab backing their babies,or you see ugly women hawking agege bread and jedi concoction and their men standing at the junction of the street smoking weed as early as 6am, talking with husky voice,forming agbero OPC, extorting money from hausa okada riders, playing baba ijebu.......

You know what I mean..... grin grin

@pix, quality of cars in the compound when u have igbo tenants in lagos

@Pix2 & pix 3 the new lekki on the mainland..Amuwo odofin...All that is left is for government to come fix the roads....Some landlord associations are coming together to fix their streets though...Only igbos can do such.

Igbos Buy hectares of swamp land, sell in bits to retail buyers(95% igbos also), then the retail buyers sand fill the land which also an expensive venture anyways, and before u know it an expanse of swamp land has turned to a booming residential quarters before your very eyes...

Yorubas cannot beat that feat.....Never. The yorubaman is still battling hunger and poverty. Just a few privileged ones among them can muster such courage to go into such a venture.. first of all the cost of land alone is......

@pix 4 how we live both in lagus no man's land grin can your fathers beat this?

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by obaino860: 12:03am On Jun 22, 2016
Twistaray:

Building to access poverty rate?

I warned you,told you that you will embarrass yourself.

You had to result to posting selective pixs just to recover?

Hahahahaha

Lmaoooo grin

I will still do random posting.....there is nothing like selective picture in SE....it is only in SW ,you guys do selective one public house picture.....
OK check out Di's pics below to see if they are selective...... AWKA loading...

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by obaino860: 12:08am On Jun 22, 2016
xharder:

The quality of housing of the people can be used to understand the standard of living of the people hence the rate of poverty..

people who pay between 300k to 1.5m annually for rent(depending on the area and type and quality of house ranging from 2bedroom flats to 4bedroom to duplex) or live in their own houses cannot be have the same standard of living with people who pay 75k to 300k annually for rent( ranging from face me I face you house with one toilet and bathroom serving all the tenants to one room and parlour house with outside toliet and kitchen to old dilapedating 3bedroom ) or fathers who still in their fathers house.

yoruba majority live in the slum areas with pocket of igbos among them, while the new opening areas with newer buildings and quality housings are mostly occupied by the igbos.

It is common sense. Big income comes with better living..

When you go to an area and you see a cluster of dirty people with tribal marks, some wearing hijab with ugly women hucking agege bread and their men stand at the junction of the street smoking weed as early as 6am, talking with husky voice,forming agbero OPC, extorting money from hausa okada riders, playing baba ijebu.......

thank you so much for that lecture....DAT dude ran away and refuse to explain to me......
UN deceiving SW since 1960
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 22, 2016
@ pix 1These tenants already have mansions in their villages, in less then two years, they will be landlord in lagos grin

@Pix2 & pix3 Igbo gradual colonization and occupation of yoruba land and yoruba people..... grin chai I can see that someone is pained by these obvious realities..

The new trend now is while igbos build the houses and streets, hausa become the gate mans and merguard who opens the gate for igbo land lord and tenants,while the yoruba mans the entrance gate to the street harassing hausa illiterate okada riders who are not allowed to enter the street or estate. Meanwhile he hails the igbo chief,businessman or bigboy as igwe whenever they are leaving for business or coming back from work expecting the igboman to dash him some 20 to 50buck to use to smoke weed grin grin Anyways rent here is between 650k to 1.5M depending on the house type, ranging from 2bedroom flat to 3bedroom all in suite.

@pix4 Middle class igbo areas in lagus grin.. rent here is still 400k to 900k depending on the house type. Ranging from 2bedroom to 3bedroom all in suite. The are calling on government to come fix their roads. Reasons why we need an igbo governor or better still we maintain our hold the senate and house of rep post we currently hold in lagos grin

Rent no be beans,...igbos build and they occupy as tenants too cos they are the only ones in majority that can pay for such rent even in this harsh economic times..... they are the most dominant middle class...

Note that most of the streets are igbo names too grin
The people around speak igbo, even the baale speaks igbo...very soon, at most in 15yrs time, the governor will be speaking igbo grin and maybe we shall have igwe of lagos...... grin grin grin.

Chai somebody has been hit hard

will still post places where yoruba middleclass dominate too..old houses with terazo floor,one toilet serving the whole flat, mostly with well water and a recently fix borehole, that is if the house have boreholes....usually noisy, crowded, littered with dirty people ,Jedi, agbo and agege bread hawkers, naked children walking freely on the street with mucor dripping down from their nose,in some cases you will see their mothers bathing their children outside, you will hear names like alfa, taye, bola from the background grin grin to cap it all you will see gang of Agberos smoking hemp openly, playing baba ijebu.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 22, 2016
Prouldly 5% (ipob + avengers) giving agbero sleepless night.

Someone is asking why am I showing off with lagus property, is lagus(no mans land) in the yeast..

I dont even need to go to the yeast cos that one na total knockout....@obaino860 is incharge of the yeastern arsenal.. grin

Well am doing this to support mr common sense's submission of the yeast being smarter.

Smart people take away from unsmart people, because unsmart people have sleeping non working brains. grin grin (they suffer from chronic sycophantic dumbic zombiec zombism)

Smart people come to your land, beat you at your backyard, while they are fully in charge of theirs... how else can you describe smartness..

Chai just see their fustration

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867280_img20160620203455_jpeg5cfca4ac8ee605744f03dafca37366b4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867281_img20160620204030_jpeg55cbd89fc37fc40c9423e0d217c98157

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867282_img20160620205908_jpegc99cadfd0d15ef50b1b76253813bdaa3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867215_img20160620201434_jpegf6be12956785116c017a12870282b83c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867216_img20160620201715_jpeged60b800247d092fcdf10ce6ee72633e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867217_img20160620202901_jpegdc48adeb977981c149fcec9d768a4f8c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867218_img20160620203243_jpeg853e28b3b8a0a9ff53474f67136459ff
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by gbaskiboy: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2016
kaeforum:

He said the smartest states, who told you that enugu people are smart, imagine 5 cattle herdsmen held your state to ransom.

Na only okpa una sabi produce. cheesy
grin grin na wa for u o
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2016
xharder:

Someone is asking why am I showing off with lagus property, is lagus(no mans land) in the yeast..

I dont even need to go to the yeast cos that one na total knockout....@obaino860 is incharge of the yeastern arsenal.. grin
Well am doing this to support mr common sense's submission of the yeast being smarter.

Smart people take away from unsmart people, because unsmart people have sleeping, non working brains. grin grin (they suffer from chronic sycophantic dumbic zombiec zombism)

Smart people come to your land, beat you at your backyard, why they are fully in charge of theirs... how else can you describe smartness..
shocked shocked shocked shocked
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE loading. . . .

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by MrGerald(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2016
ITSAWRAPWORLD:
Only educational growth? Using majorly educational growth is insufficient

Of what use is educational growth without a proportional economic development?
Read and comprehend... he said both educational and economical growth, which is true
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by MrGerald(m): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2016
You'll never see Yorubanews and yorubahighness in this type of thread, they'll avoid it as if it has something to do with Ebola disease
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
xharder:

The quality of housing of the people can be used to understand the standard of living of the people vis a vis the rate of poverty..

people who pay between 300k to 1.5m annually for rent(depending on the area and type and quality of house ranging from 2bedroom flats to 4bedroom to duplex all in suitr) or many who live in their own houses, such people cannot have the same standard of living with people who pay 75k to 300k annually for rent( ranging from face me I face you house with one toilet and bathroom serving all the tenants to one room and parlour house with outside toliet and kitchen to old dilapedating 3bedroom ) or many of them as fathers still live in their fathers house.

It is common sense. Big income comes with better living standard.

When you go to an area and you see a cluster of dirty people with tribal marks, some wearing hijab backing their babies,or you see ugly women hawking agege bread and jedi concoction and their men standing at the junction of the street smoking weed as early as 6am, talking with husky voice,forming agbero OPC, extorting money from hausa okada riders, playing baba ijebu.......

@pix, quality of cars in the compound when u have igbo tenants in lagos

@Pix2 & pix 3 the new lekki on the mainland..Amuwo odofin...All that is left is for government to come fix the roads....Some landlord associations are coming together to fix their streets though...Only igbos can do such.

Igbos Buy hectares of swamp land, sell in bits to retail buyers(95% igbos also), then the retail buyers sand fill the land which also an expensive venture anyways, and before u know it an expanse of swamp land has turned to a booming residential quarters before your very eyes...

Yorubas cannot beat that feat.....Never. The yorubaman is still battling hunger and poverty. Just a few privileged ones among them can muster such courage to go into such a venture.. first of all the cost of land alone is......

@pix 4 how we live both in lagus no man's land grin can your fathers beat this?

Chest beaters. I know lots of Yorubas that own property in the locations you're trying to claim.

It's funny how you can't replicate this supposed feat in your homelands.

Ibos keep claiming Yoruba success for themselves.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
xharder:

Smart people take away from unsmart people, because unsmart people have sleeping non working brains. grin grin (they suffer from chronic sycophantic dumbic zombiec zombism)

Smart people come to your land, beat you at your backyard, while they are fully in charge of theirs... how else can you describe smartness..

Smart people indeed. Claiming to develop another man's land while your land is retrogressive.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
quid:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE loading. . . .

same fake report by someone in Zambia.

The study you quoted mentioned both Yorubas and Igbos.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:

Chest beaters. I know lots of Yorubas that own property in the locations you're trying to claim.

It's funny how you can't replicate this supposed feat in your homelands.

Ibos keep claiming Yoruba success for themselves.

E dey pepper you for body like yerekpe..shey?
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
xharder:

E dey pepper you for body like yerekpe..shey?

Your lies are outstanding. Hope it makes you sleep at night.

Be ready to pack your 2x2 shops back to the east when the country breaks apart.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:

Your lies are outstanding. Hope it makes you sleep at night.

Be ready to pack your 2x2 shops back to the east when the country breaks apart.

The way you packed yours to yorubaland from Accra,london or even cotonu. shay?

Mumu dey worry u.

When we achieve biafra, lagos will be our offshore land the way it is our eight state in Nigeria. grin grin

The worse you can do is to tax us but indirectly its the final consumer that bears the burden..

I dont want to think that you will chase all igbos away from lagos. The implications are numerous...

Lagos will loose its taste, investor will leave and it wont be better than cotonu...asides it will be an advantage to the igbos. but I doubt yorubas have that courage cos they themselves are not foolish enough to make such a decision...cos they will be the biggest looser..it will only help ugwe ocha, anambra and abia overtake lagos within a short time in biafra..

You already know....dont say I didnt warn you....

Meanwhile lets continue to enjoy one naijariya and continue the economic colonisation of lagos lands as a no mans land and a slowly but steady gradual political colonisation of lagos till we change that Oba of lagos to Igwe of lagos grin grin...

If the fulani can have ilorin, the igbos can have lagos also...what is good for peter should be go for paul also..Chai..i dont hit person bone ooo grin grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
samobo:

The way you packed yours to yorubaland from Accra,london or even cotonu. shay?

Mumu dey worry u.

When we achieve biafra, lagos will be our offshore land the way it is our eight state in Nigeria. grin grin

The worse you can do is to tax us but indirectly its the final consumer that bears the burden..

I dont want to think that you will chase all igbos away from lagos. The implications are numerous...

Lagos will loose its taste, investor will leave and it wont be better than cotonu...asides it will be an advantage to the igbos. but I doubt yorubas have that courage cos they themselves are not foolish enough to make such a decision...cos they will be the biggest looser..it will only help ugwe ocha, anambra and abia overtake lagos within a short time in biafra..

You already know....dont say I didnt warn you....

Meanwhile lets continue to enjoy one naijariya and continue the economic colonisation of lagos lands as a no mans land and a slowly but steady gradual political colonisation of lagos till we change that Oba of lagos to Igwe of lagos grin grin...

Chai..i dont hit person bone ooo grin grin

The same way South Sudan packed. The same way Ethiopians packed. This aint the 60s nicca.

All the Yoruba infrastructures and success you've been falsefully claiming aint going anywhere with you. This is why I'm helping you to agitate for biafra.

We'll soon create a "Biafrans-Must-Go" bags grin wink

Let Lagos lose its taste lmao. This one doesn't know Yorubas are the ones spicing up Lagos. Abuja has been a capital since...... e no reach Lagos level because Yorubas no plenty for that side.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:

The same way South Sudan packed. The same way Ethiopians packed. This aint the 60s nicca.

All the Yoruba infrastructures and success you've been falsefully claiming aint going anywhere with you. This is why I'm helping you to agitate for biafra.

We'll soon create a "Biafrans-Must-Go" bags grin wink

At the end it is the brains that can use those infrastructures provided to make productive engagements and activities happen that matters most...

By the way what infrastructures do you have?

Many countries have good infrastructures with docile and lazy citizens...u know what I mean.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
samobo:

At the end it is the brains that can use those infrastructures provided to make productive engagements and activities happen that matters most...

By the way what infrastructures do you have?

Many countries have good infrastructures with docile and lazy citizens...u know what I mean.

I laugh whenever your likes who hawks fanyo on Lagos street corners come and claim hardwork of Yoruba people, foreign investors, and other Nigerians. I guess the debts Lagos Yoruba leaders took to build up Lagos will be given to Biafrans to pay off.

Yeye mosquitoes.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by manchy7531: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:

I laugh whenever your likes who hawks fanyo on Lagos street corners come and claim hardwork of Yoruba people, foreign investors, and other Nigerians. I guess the debts Lagos Yoruba leaders took to build up Lagos will be given to Biafrans to pay off.

Yeye mosquitoes.

xharder:

Well the bad news is that we are not ready to pack out of lagos until we have biafra

We are enjoying the devidents of One Naijeria..

The economic colonisation shall continue and progress gradually to political colonisation of lagos grin grin till we make you total second class citizens in lagos which has already started anyways.

Yorubas are the only ones with hausa people that have full abled women (mothers at 45 to 60yrs) that hawk from house to house...

The igbos that hawk in lagos are very young hustlers (usually between 20 and 25yrs) and they do it on the highways to sell to commuters
By the time they are 30 to 40 years they would have had a plot of land in lagos grin that is the difference between yeribaa and Igbo grin grin grin

most of The youth yoruba between the ages of 20 to 35 are still smoking igbo,some doing yahoo and partying upandan by the time its late and there is nothing to do, they become apprentice mechanics at age 40..while that igbo street hustler years back had became or is almost becoming a landlord with a beautiful,healthy and neat family.

You see, the difference is clear
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
The same people colonizing Lagos are the same ones getting deported and losing political positions in Lagos.

Please don't end your chestbeating online. More Yorubas need to hear this stories.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by manchy7531: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:
The same people colonizing Lagos are the same ones getting deported and losing political positions in Lagos.

Please don't end your chestbeating online. More Yorubas need to hear this stories.

Losing political position in lagos, really? That means you are admitting we are already in the mainstream politics in lagos shey?

I guess u mean losing commisioner's portfolio...

What of controlling 5 to 7 seats in the state house of rep and two seats in the federal house of rep grin grin which one will you prefer? yeye de smell

xharder:

Meanwhile

Yorubaman will continue to man the street entrance gate for igbos and also hawk agege bread and agbo drinks perhaps if the igbo residence allow street hawking inside their estates, streets or close.. grin grin.chai thats painful for yoruba to swallow..blame it on laziness

Am sure you/ your father have sold all ur family land including your burial grounds to igbos.. keep selling until there is nothing left for your fourth generation unborn...

You wonder why igbos have left you guys to remain in the slums while they have moved to developing new site/settlements with quality housing and better standard of living despite bad roads and neglect by lagos state government?

https://www.nairaland.com/3179098/ben-bruce-reveals-smartest-states/7

By the way, the real owners have no say in lagos again...ask the hausa peeps at ketu and mile 12...."Lagos is a No Man's Land" cos we are all strangers including you grandfather...
Go back to osun and ekiti. Go and claim those states. That is where u came from.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
manchy7531:

Losing political position in lagos, really? That means we already in the mainstream politics in lagos shey?

Is that what you think? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Street hawking fanyogo boys claiming estates and residents.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by manchy7531: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:

Is that what you think? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Street hawking fanyogo boys claiming estates and residents.

You should even be ashamed that u are here draging shoulders with the same igbos that your fathers stole their properties and gave 20pounds years back..

You know chinua achebe told you guys about the igbo burst of energy instead of showing understanding, your leaders and fake oluwole intellectuals wrote articles in the dailies to attack the messenger instead of the message.

Now this is it..that burst of energy that made the igbos surpass u guys in the early 50s and made zik even won in lagos is repeating itself
The increase was so exponential in such a short time that within three short decades the Igbos had closed the gap and quickly moved ahead as the group with the highest literacy rate, the highest standard of living, and the greatest of citizens with postsecondary education in Nigeria
and this time we are wiser, we will fight for our rights and surly take was belong to us grin grin

Yoruba ro nu oooo

I have written in my small book entitled The Trouble with Nigeria that Nigerians will probably achieve consensus on no other matter than their common resentment of the Igbo,” he wrote under the heading, A History of Ethnic Tension and Resentment. He traced the origin of “the national resentment of the Igbo” to its culture that “gave the Igbo man an unquestioned advantage over his compatriots in securing credentials for advancement in Nigerian colonial society.”

He observed that the Igbo culture’s emphasis on change, individualism and competitiveness gave his ethnic group an edge over the Hausa/Fulani man who was hindered by a “wary religion” and the Yoruba man who was hampered by” traditional hierarchies.”

He therefore described the Igbo, who are predominantly Catholic, as “fearing no god or man, was “custom-made to grasp the opportunities, such as they were, of the white man’s dispensations. And the Igbo did so with both hands.”

He delved into history with his claim, asserting that the Igbo overcame the earlier Yoruba advantage within two decades earlier in the twentieth century.

“Although the Yoruba had a huge historical and geographical head start, the Igbo wiped out their handicap in one fantastic burst of energy in the twenty years between 1930 and 1950.”

He narrated the earlier advantage of Yoruba as contingent on their location on the coastline, but once the missionaries crossed the Niger, the Igbo took advantage of the opportunity and overtook the Yoruba.

The increase was so exponential in such a short time that within three short decades the Igbos had closed the gap and quickly moved ahead as the group with the highest literacy rate, the highest standard of living, and the greatest of citizens with postsecondary education in Nigeria,” he contended.

He said Nigerian leadership should have taken advantage of the gbo talent and this failure was partly responsible for the failure of the Nigerian state, explaining further that competitive individualism and the adventurous spirit of the Igbo was a boon Nigerian leaders failed to recognize and harness for modernization.

“Nigeria’s pathetic attempt to crush these idiosyncrasies rather than celebrate them is one of the fundamental reasons the country has not developed as it should and has emerged as a laughingstock,” he claimed.

He noted that the ousting of prominent Igbos from top offices was a ploy to achieve a simple and crude goal. He said what the Nigerians wanted was to “get the achievers out and replace them with less qualified individuals from the desired ethnic background so as to gain access to the resources of the state.”

Chinua Achebe in his memoir There was a country 2012
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
manchy7531:

You should even be ashamed that u are here draging shoulders with the same igbos that your fathers stole their properties and gave 20pounds years back..

You know chinua achebe told you guys about the igbo burst of energy instead of showing understanding, you leaders and fake oluwole intellectuals wrote articles in the dailies to attack the messenger instead of the messege.

Now this is it..that burst of energy that made the igbos surpass u guys in the early 50s and made zik even won in lagos is repeating itself and this time we are wiser, we will fight for our rights and surly take was belong to us grin grin

Yoruba ro nu oooo

You posted a chestbeating excerpt written by an Ibo man about Ibo people, especting a non-biased view. You're more slow than I thought. Before Achebe met his waterloo in hell, he was bitter against the Yorubas. No matter how much you hate the Yorubas, they will always keep winning. When Ibos can replicate what Yorubas have done in Lagos and Ogun, I'll begin to take this "closing the gap" seriously. wink
We'll allow the division of Nigeria once we're ready, then Ibo immigrants will be deported back to their bushes.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by manchy7531: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yorubanews:

You posted a chestbeating excerpt written by an Ibo man about Ibo people, especting a non-biased view. You're more slow than I thought. Before Achebe met his waterloo in hell, he was bitter against the Yorubas. No matter how much you hate the Yorubas, they will always keep winning. When Ibos can replicate what Yorubas have done in Lagos and Ogun, I'll begin to take this "closing the gap" seriously. wink
We'll allow the division of Nigeria once we're ready, then Ibo immigrants will be deported back to their bushes.

What has the yoruba done in ogun and lagos?

Is it the foreign and igbo owned companies?

It is the oil monies or the federal infrastructures, the brigdes or what...?

yoruba man lets talk about osun, ekiti, oyo, ogun and ondo if you want to compare wit igbo..

there are many threads that have answers to that. I wont engage you in that.

As you can see yorubas are in pains..they fear of their tomorrow especially without the igbos grin grin

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
And your men are monkeys. Eternal Mugu!!
SirJeffry:
Anambra and Edo, I can believe but Abia, IMO and Rivers I don't believe especially Rivers. Their men are as lazy as baboonsundecided
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Yorubanews: 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
manchy7531:

What has the yoruba done in ogun and lagos?

Is it the foreign and igbo owned companies?

It is the oil monies or the federal infrastructures, the brigdes or what...?

yoruba man lets talk about osun, ekiti, oyo, ogun and ondo if you want to compare wit igbo..

there are many threads that have answers to that. I wont engage you in that.

As you can see yorubas are in pains..they fear of their tomorrow especially without the igbos grin grin

Yorubas have managed to control the "ibo-domnated" markets in Lagos. Yorubas have made businesses out of "Ibo ideas", the same way Yorubas have made Lagos a megacity, they're making Ogun state a runner-up.

Let Ibos talk about Enugu, Anambra, etc. Which of these states can hold a light to Lagos and Ogun n terms of commercial and business activities? I'm talking business, not 2x2 corner shops.

I don't need to even dig up info on SErn states...you Ibos do a great job of talking down each other's states. Just go on any Owerri thread and watch them tear each other apart like animals. grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Enahi(f): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
facelessangel:
Even in Edo and Rivers that are mentioned, you will find out that it's the factor that made those state to appear in the list.

Igbos in Rivers are in majority why we have a lot of igbos living in Edo.

Proudly superior tribe

And your point is, there aren't much Igbos living in Edo state please. Edo people are naturally bright don't come and igbonize our Edo people, stick to your East. I am from Edo State, we aren't dull at all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos / The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each / Kwankwaso Writes President Buhari Over Kano Mysterious Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.