Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria (50742 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by MrAnalyst: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2016
buharisbae g=46775303:
I quite agree with that of anambra buhh that of abia and IMO joke of the century cheesy abia people that have never seen tarred road in their life grin
What on earth does that have to do with passing Wassce exams? Don't be offended but your statement lacks sense.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2016
Haba Sen Bruce. You want to give some people heart attack over this news. They move with Propaganda, Igbos move with Facts. Can A propaganda stand the test of time? HELL NO

8 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Olasco93: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2016
State Checkers Association of Nigeria (SCAN), Zamfara State Branch.
Alhaji Idrisu Arafat
Acting Secretary.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
– Senator Ben Bruce has revealed the smartest states in Nigeria

– Ben Bruce says Abia, Anambra, Rivers, Imo  and Edo states are the smartest

– He used their educational growth as yardstick for measurement

phemmyutd post=46774187:
Then Ben Bruce is not smart by sitting his business headquarter in an UN-SMART state like Lagos.
Don't make it hard on yourself Senator Ben Bruce did not even mention his State. He is simply telling the truth. He is making common sense.
Though I doubt the inclusion of Abia State because the previous govts. took that state backwards except the Current Govt. I still have high hopes in him.
I am in support on anyone impacting positively on the masses wink #Team Progress

http://www.naij.com/866751-controversy-ben-bruce-read-said.html?source=index_main

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2016
SirJeffry:
Anambra and Edo, I can believe but Abia, IMO and Rivers I don't believe especially Rivers. Their men are as lazy as baboonsundecided
how can a living being with brain say abians are lazy? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2016
I have written in my small book entitled The Trouble with Nigeria that Nigerians will probably achieve consensus on no other matter than their common resentment of the Igbo,” he wrote under the heading, A History of Ethnic Tension and Resentment. He traced the origin of “the national resentment of the Igbo” to its culture that “gave the Igbo man an unquestioned advantage over his compatriots in securing credentials for advancement in Nigerian colonial society.”

He observed that the Igbo culture’s emphasis on change, individualism and competitiveness gave his ethnic group an edge over the Hausa/Fulani man who was hindered by a “wary religion” and the Yoruba man who was hampered by” traditional hierarchies.”

He therefore described the Igbo, who are predominantly Catholic, as “fearing no god or man, was “custom-made to grasp the opportunities, such as they were, of the white man’s dispensations. And the Igbo did so with both hands.”

He delved into history with his claim, asserting that the Igbo overcame the earlier Yoruba advantage within two decades earlier in the twentieth century.

“Although the Yoruba had a huge historical and geographical head start, the Igbo wiped out their handicap in one fantastic burst of energy in the twenty years between 1930 and 1950.”

He narrated the earlier advantage of Yoruba as contingent on their location on the coastline, but once the missionaries crossed the Niger, the Igbo took advantage of the opportunity and overtook the Yoruba.

“The increase was so exponential in such a short time that within three short decades the Igbos had closed the gap and quickly moved ahead as the group with the highest literacy rate, the highest standard of living, and the greatest of citizens with postsecondary education in Nigeria,” he contended.

He said Nigerian leadership should have taken advantage of the gbo talent and this failure was partly responsible for the failure of the Nigerian state, explaining further that competitive individualism and the adventurous spirit of the Igbo was a boon Nigerian leaders failed to recognize and harness for modernization.

“Nigeria’s pathetic attempt to crush these idiosyncrasies rather than celebrate them is one of the fundamental reasons the country has not developed as it should and has emerged as a laughingstock,” he claimed.

He noted that the ousting of prominent Igbos from top offices was a ploy to achieve a simple and crude goal. He said what the Nigerians wanted was to “get the achievers out and replace them with less qualified individuals from the desired ethnic background so as to gain access to the resources of the state.”

Chinua Achebe
in his memoir There was a country 2012

Yoruba ronu ooooo...

Asi ko ti to lati ji lati orun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=phemmyutd post=46774187]Then Ben Bruce is not smart by sitting his business headquarter in an UN-SMART state like Lagos.
Don't make it hard on yourself Senator Ben Bruce did not even mention his State. He is simply telling the truth. He is making common sense.
Though I doubt the inclusion of Abia State because the previous govts. took that state backwards except the Current Govt. I still have high hopes in him.
I am in support on anyone impacting positively on the masses wink #Team Progress
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2016
Hmm, they are not only smart, they are the lords of the west....

For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don’t forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed.

Yoruba ronu grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2016
There's a State in Nigeria that has been producing the highest number of graduates by a very wide margin for the past 25 to 30 years. It is by far unarguably the most educated State in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by dunkem21(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2016
zeb04:
lol what part of abia state are you from?
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by okpor2(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2016
Are we sure dis senator get rdinary common sense?with all dis miracle centres all ove d country?How can he say they are smart?or is he sayin they are smart to go t miracle centres?it Is dat then dis senator nor get sense at all not to talk of common one
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by RickyTan: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2016
The great Anambra and Abia people, market traders and industrialists are well known all over Africa.
There is no difference between Imo and Rivers State. SO I understand. Nigeria, bc of oil politics drew an imaginary line but the people are the same - IGBOS. The lesson is that the great IGBO republican spirit is alive and well.

That Edo and Lagos - former Nigerian federal capital (6th) are there is not surprising at all.

Una well done!

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by meteor(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2016
buharisbae:
I quite agree with that of anambra buhh that of abia and IMO joke of the century cheesy abia people that have never seen tarred road in their life grin

Pls read with sense; Common Sense Senator is not measuring tarred road. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by jude90(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2016
true talk but u will see how they will start attacking the messenger instead of looking at the message

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Deputyvictor(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
Then Ben Bruce is not smart by sitting his business head
quarter in an UN-SMART state like Lagos.

Oya mi reenuu

probably those states were lacking behind then...

but now he should take the headquarter of his company back to one of those Smart States

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by kernel501: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2016
buharisbae:

I don't need to insult you, but check it... the whole 5 Eastern states made first 10, the only Western state that came in was Lagos as 7th. Go ahead and believe anything.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by hitleraldof(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
Then Ben Bruce is not smart by sitting his business headquarter in an UN-SMART state like Lagos.
Lagos is a no mans land...dats all
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by iamDiabolic(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2016
Well people from dat region are trying,I won't be like them nd start ranting.gad it been bmb mentioned s.west nd north states now,they would have been ranting.
People with low self esteem
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2016
daamazing:
kai this man don talk Wetin pass am.kai bashers go kill person here o.climbs mango tree and watches how events unfold!
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by caracas: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
that's in aba, and the aba of TA Orji not that of ikpeazu. Umuhia is ok
I work with a football club in nija n so hav the opportunity to travel round Nigeria almost on a daily basis .
So believe me when i tell u that an yet to see a place in Nigeria with good roads like umuahia .
Almost every street is neat n well tarred .
The general serenity is so cool that u wonder if u are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by asha90: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2016
Anambra should be the smartest of them, haven represented and keep representing Nigeria at every international academic debate, leading in Unity schools, WAEC, NECO etc..
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2016
ITSAWRAPWORLD:
Only educational growth? Using majorly educational growth is insufficient

Of what use is educational growth without a proportional economic development?
Oga stop hating nau, yes he said educational growth, which is true. When other economic development arise then we'll see what he has to say about that. Haba. Some people sef...

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Aspireahead:
Tribalist will spoil this thread now...Seun Mbok your forum promotes ethnic division.... I never knew Nigerians were this divided until I started frequenting your politics section
Yes ooo! One girl even mentioned it this morning!i have been twitting NCC, this website should be shit down it actively promote ethnic division!
If you watch closely the topics are deliberately selected and edited to invoke inter tribal slurs all the time.
@seun should be caution by the NIA
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by gurujoe(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2016
South East top waec ranking 2015

1 Abia
2 Anambra
3 Edo
4 Rivers
5 Imo
6 Lagos
7 Bayelsa
8 Delta
9 Enugu
10 Ebonyi
11 Ekiti
12 Kaduna
13 Ondo
14 Abuja
15 Kogi
16 Benue
17 Akwa Ibom
18 Kwara
19 Ogun
20 Cross River
21 Taraba
22 Plateau
23Nassarawa
24 Kano
25 Borno
26 Oyo
27 Niger
28 Adamawa
29 Osun
30 Sokoto
31 Bauchi
32 Kebbi
33 Katsina
34 Gombe
35 Jigawa
36 Zamfara
37 Yobe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nayok(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2016
kaeforum:

He said the smartest states, who told you that enugu people are smart, imagine 5 cattle herdsmen held your state to ransom.

Na only okpa una sabi produce. cheesy

grin grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2016
jide219:
Everybody is entitle to his or her opinion another person can come out and say borno and kano are the smartest,for ben to say those states are the smartest that his is own business,no hating though but edo and abia will not come out from 1 to 20 smartest states i know this because i ve lived in both states.
Read – Senator Ben Bruce has revealed the smartest states in Nigeria – Ben Bruce says Abia, Anambra, Rivers, Imo and Edo states are the smartest –
He used their educational growth as yardstick for measurement
Zombie.
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by jkarmstrong(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2016
SirJeffry:
Anambra and Edo, I can believe but Abia, IMO and Rivers I don't believe especially Rivers. Their men are as lazy as baboonsundecided

Usually I no dey comment for this kind thread, and certainly not in this kind of tone, but how do I address this your stupidity? Imo state you no believe? If you no believe Imo state which one you wan come believe? Rubbish!!
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Qmerit(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2016
Then some one would say Ohio is not working.
I rep Edo jare.. he saw Other big state with big fed allocation before saying this.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by possibilita(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2016
I 4 bash am but Edo dey #proudEdoBoy

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2016
dunkem21:

Lekwa nwanne mu o..

Isuikwuato..

God bless my people
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by nkowaputa(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2016
kaeforum:

He said the smartest states, who told you that enugu people are smart, imagine 5 cattle herdsmen held your state to ransom.

Na only okpa una sabi produce. cheesy

grin[color=#006600][/color] u get bad mouth men!
Chai!
Re: Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria by Aspireahead(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

Yes ooo! One girl even mentioned it this morning!i have been twitting NCC, this website should be shit down it actively promote ethnic division!
If you watch closely the topics are deliberately selected and edited to invoke inter tribal slurs all the time.
@seun should be caution by the NIA

mbok let them not pull it down o...Seun should just adopt a more radical avenue for tackling this nonsense...unless it is deliberate..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Cost Of The 8 Statues Rochas Okorocha Built In Imo Is N500,000 Each / Kwankwaso Writes President Buhari Over Kano Mysterious Deaths / Presidential Result: APC UK Mocks Atiku With Video Of Atiku Crying, PMB Laughing

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.