Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. (57736 Views)

Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
Breadmaker:
Do I look like someone you can blackmail emotionally?

That trick of using someone's mom or sister to shut him or her up online doesn't work on Me.

The heading of the posts says some ladies.

The body focused on women on media and people that copy them so where exactly is the generalization?

Please just pass.
Until you answer that question urself, u will keep generalising things.

Talking abt jst passing, why will i wen you're standing on a narrow lane. cheesy Leave ppl to their choices.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
herbie27:

Talking abt jst passing, why will i wen you're standing on a narrow lane. cheesy Leave ppl to their choices.
cc dauntless15
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
Breadmaker:
cc dauntless15
she totally gets it
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Op just wanted to show us some firm breast not that slippers type we saw some days ago.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2016
dauntless15:
she totally gets it
Don't you think you contradict yourself a bit bro?

Earlier, you said that should be corrected in the appropriate manner now you're saying that they should be left to their choices.

Let me state that my post not in anyway denying people their freedom of whatever they they wish but they should equally accept the consequences of the choice they made.

Are you away that every wrong choice we make affects the society? Too much freedom of choice is crippling us, trust me because choice can also foster selfishness and a lack of empathy because it can focus people on their own preferences and on themselves at the expense of what is good for society as a whole.

These people that I am talking about in my main post do not ask themselves who am I in this attire, how do I present women and how will all the people that see me respond?.

If they feel ok after giving themselves honest answers to this questions then should gladly accept the few consequences that comes with indecent exposure, which are disrespect and degrading.

Good morning sir

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 7:03am On Jun 28, 2016
Hipsofagoddess:
Op just wanted to show us some firm breast not that slippers type we saw some days ago.
Lols.

Is that what you can deduce from the whole article?

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 7:09am On Jun 28, 2016
Oh come on.

If it wasn't the way women dress you'd be finding anothet reason to disrespect women.

Look at what happens in Saudi Arabia. Women there cover up in bed sheets and still get raped. Women are wholly disrespected for no explicable reason.

Once upon a time, swimsuits for women were head-to-toe because knees were considered rude and offensive.

Now it's individuals who determine what offends them, a knee or a breast or what. So it's impossible for women to dress to please everyone and earn their respect.

Maybe treat every woman as an individual and don't go painting all of them with the same brush, look inside instead of at the clothes.

How would you like it if someone judged your ENTIRE character by your clothing choice?

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 7:10am On Jun 28, 2016
herbie27:

First thing first, the question isn't necessary because I didn't generalize.

The heading of the article says why men degrade most ladies. This shows that there are exceptions.

The focus of the article itself is on women on media and the ladies that copy from them.

So what are you saying?

Are all women on media?

Does every lady copy from them?

I really don't you when you talk about generalization.

We have no problem leaving people to their choices, our major problem is their inability to accept the consequences of their choice.

You can't disrespect yourself and other women and still clamour for respect because you're a woman, this has always been my main point.

If you wish to be respected then make choices that will earn you respect.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=Florblu post=46989033]Did you called those ones woman?Not everyone with a hole at their middle part of the body, perforated ear or answers to the pronoun "SHE" is a woman.There are some xteristics that differentiate us biko

lovely to hear that from you, you have concluded the whole matter, there's nothing to say again

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 7:28am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:
Oh come on.

If it wasn't the way women dress you'd be finding anothet reason to disrespect women.

Look at what happens in Saudi Arabia. Women there cover up in bed sheets and still get raped. Women are wholly disrespected for no explicable reason.

Once upon a time, swimsuits for women were head-to-toe because knees were considered rude and offensive.

Now it's individuals who determine what offends them, a knee or a breast or what. So it's impossible for women to dress to please everyone and earn their respect.

Maybe treat every woman as an individual and don't go painting all of them with the same brush, look inside instead of at the clothes.

How would you like it if someone judged your ENTIRE character by your clothing choice?
Morning dear.

Well, I firmly believe that my decisions define me. When I go shopping for instance, I only buy what I like, and when I wear it, I advertise that fact. So I show off my personality and reveal my character to those who see me.

When I make a conscious decision to put an article of clothing or something of the sort on myself, I always ask myself how people will see me because choice of my clothing speaks Louder than the talk.

The motives of my character is always seen by what I wear. People will always judge me by the looks.

I believe What we wear is a true reflection of the heart. Because it is from out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.

We always sell ourselves by our looks, hence the saying that seeing is believing and actions speak louder than words.

When a person dresses himself or herself, then their character is expressed by their choice of clothing. Anytime a person puts on clothes, they are expressing something about themselves.

How do you recognise a madman? First by his rag attire and then actions.

So you see? Our dress makes all the difference. A person's choice in all things reflect their character, even down to the details of their clothing

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 7:31am On Jun 28, 2016
Good morning sir@Lalasticlala
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 7:44am On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
Morning dear.

Well, I firmly believe that my decisions define me. When I go shopping for instance, I only buy what I like, and when I wear it, I advertise that fact. So I show off my personality and reveal my character to those who see me.

When I make a conscious decision to put an article of clothing or something of the sort on myself, I always ask myself how people will see me because choice of my clothing speaks Louder than the talk.

The motives of my character is always seen by what I wear. People will always judge me by the looks.

I believe What we wear is a true reflection of the heart. Because it is from out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.

We always sell ourselves by our looks, hence the saying that seeing is believing and actions speak louder than words.

When a person dresses himself or herself, then their character is expressed by their choice of clothing. Anytime a person puts on clothes, they are expressing something about themselves.

How do you recognise a madman? First by his rag attire and then actions.

So you see? Our dress makes all the difference. A person's choice in all things reflect their character, even down to the details of their clothing

So you believe clothes make the person.

That's fine, but in the case where a man tells his wife wat to wear?

Either bedsheets like in Saudi Arabia, or "dress up hot for me so I can show you off".

Woman is supposed to respect her husband wishes. I know I did.

Also clothes never show you the HEART and SOUL of a person. Rhianna dresses like a slag, but she might be really nice person who cares a lot about injured animals. Michelle Obama dresses nice, but she might be a complete freak that likes cutting herself? I'm not saying that's the case, just examples because who can tell what's inside?

I don't believe in judging books by their cover that's all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 7:56am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

So you believe clothes make the person.

That's fine, but in the case where a man tells his wife wat to wear?

Either bedsheets like in Saudi Arabia, or "dress up hot for me so I can show you off".

Woman is supposed to respect her husband wishes. I know I did.

Also clothes never show you the HEART and SOUL of a person. Rhianna dresses like a slag, but she might be really nice person who cares a lot about injured animals. Michelle Obama dresses nice, but she might be a complete freak that likes cutting herself? I'm not saying that's the case, just examples because who can tell what's inside?

I don't believe in judging books by their cover that's all.
Rihanna dresses like a slag. Judgement passed already.

But maybe, just maybe, she may be good inside.

Is alright.

If our looks doesn't define us then how can we have the attire of a slug?

How can you say that she dresses like one?

Well, the cover of a book speaks a volume about the content.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 7:59am On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
Rihanna dresses like a slag. Judgement passed already.

But maybe, just maybe, she may be good inside.

Is alright.

If our looks doesn't define us then how can we have the attire of a slug?

How can you say that she dresses like one?

Well, the cover of a book speaks a volume about the content.

I'm going by societal standards, not my own judgements.

I reserve judgement for God is all.

I can't assume to know someone based on one glance alone. It gives only a rough idea which may then be proved false.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 8:04am On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
Don't you think you contradict yourself a bit bro?

Earlier, you said that should be corrected in the appropriate manner now you're saying that they should be left to their choices.

Let me state that my post not in anyway denying people their freedom of whatever they they wish but they should equally accept the consequences of the choice they made.

Are you away that every wrong choice we make affects the society? Too much freedom of choice is crippling us, trust me because choice can also foster selfishness and a lack of empathy because it can focus people on their own preferences and on themselves at the expense of what is good for society as a whole.

These people that I am talking about in my main post do not ask themselves who am I in this attire, how do I present women and how will all the people that see me respond?.

If they feel ok after giving themselves honest answers to this questions then should gladly accept the few consequences that comes with indecent exposure, which are disrespect and degrading.

Good morning sir
lol you're very right, but am not contradicting myself at all, am with you on that thought about what your attire says about you to the society, dressing ungodly doesn't speak good of anyone but what am saying is correct them in an appropriate manner with RESPECT, that respect will increase your chances of being listened to. But without respect they wont like to hear what you're saying at all, do you get me now

My other point is, if you finish advising them, Dont force them to take it, that should totally be thier Choice to take your advice or not, your work is done, just allow them choose wether to listen or not, if they choose to continue dressing that way let them be, its thier life, if they listened to you fine you've saved a life, dont force them in anyway and don't try to embarrass them most times you end up embarrassing yourself, such girls dressing this ways mostly come from loose families and they can make you wish to disappear with only thier words, they have this corrosive tongue and you'd do well not to piss them of.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2016
dauntless15:
lol you're very right, but am not contradicting myself at all, am with you on that thought about what your attire says about you to the society, dressing ungodly doesn't speak good of anyone but what am saying is correct them in an appropriate manner with RESPECT, that respect will increase your chances of being listened to. But without respect they wont like to hear what you're saying at all, do you get me now

My other point is, if you finish advising them, Dont force them to take it, that should totally be thier Choice to take your advice or not, your work is done, just allow them choose wether to listen or not, if they choose to continue dressing that way let them be, its thier life, if they listened to you fine you've saved a life, dont force them in anyway and don't try to embarrass them most times you end up embarrassing yourself, such girls dressing this ways mostly come from loose families and they can make you wish to disappear with only thier words, they have this corrosive tongue and you'd do well not to piss them of.

Some gals like showing off their assets. It doesn't mean they aren't worthy of respect.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 8:12am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Some gals like showing off their assets. It doesn't mean they aren't worthy of respect.
everyone is worthy of respect ok? Put yourself in thier shoes, and try to figure out why they dress that way and you'll understand it isnt entirely thier fault, it might be as a result of peer pressure, she's into prostitution, its ok to dress that way in her family she think its normal, she came from a broken and ungodly family, she needs attention there are a million reasons and you just don't judge people like that, instead of judging you try to have a closure with such person get to know her a change her life, but don't force her to change people are not animals so you just don't invade thier life and try to control them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 8:15am On Jun 28, 2016
dauntless15:
everyone is worthy of respect ok? ..., but don't force her to change people are not animals so you just don't invade thier life and try to control them.

Word.

Also maybe she likes the clothes she wears. She's doing no harm by wearing them. It's none of anyone's business anyway.

When someone has ever said to me "i dont like your shirt", i say "well thank God u din buy and wear it".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Word.

Also maybe she likes the clothes she wears. She's doing no harm by wearing them. It's none of anyone's business anyway.

When someone has ever said to me "i dont like your shirt", i say "well thank God u din buy and wear it".
exactly glad you totally get what am trying to say, shes comfortable in it even if it calls her slut, dont force her to take it off, you're not the one the cloth is condemning and I've met alot of girls who dress indecently but inside there are good people even better than some people who dress fine, so don't judge a book by its cover.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:
Oh come on.

[s]Look at what happens in Saudi Arabia. Women there cover up in bed sheets and still get raped. Women are wholly disrespected for no explicable reason.[/s]

Don't bite off more than u can chew. You don't know shiits about S.Arabia. The way you pull stories out of your sorry ass just to make flimsy points should be checked.

8 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 8:22am On Jun 28, 2016
dauntless15:
exactly glad you totally get what am trying to say, shes comfortable in it even if it calls her slut, dont force her to take it off, you're not the one the cloth is condemning and I've met alot of girls who dress indecently but inside there are good people even better than some people who dress fine, so don't judge a book by its cover.

Amen. Best thing we can all do is stop labelling women bu what they wear. Stop saying "sIut" about women when u don't even know them.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Don't bite off more than u can chew. You don't know shiits about S.Arabia. The way you pull stories out of your sorry ass just to make flimsy points should be checked.

I do. I've been there and I read a lot, honey. What exactly is wrong with my point?
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 8:26am On Jun 28, 2016
dauntless15:
So, we should just throw caution and modesty to the winds and leave the naive youths to continue razing in craze?

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 28, 2016
Op continue disrespecting them okay?

One day, they will show you pepper!

I bet you disrespect em in your mind, I doubt you actually voice any feelings towards em in person- because you sound like a coward. 0_o.

It is their body, they're not your daughters. Smh!

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

I do. I've been there and I read a lot, honey. What exactly is wrong with my point?
Every single thing, the concept and the approach. . . Im concerned about the Arabia ish tho...S.Arabia to a great extent is free from sexual immoralities when compared to neighboring West. It is literally free from it. When u talked about women abuse, what dya mean, the fact that women ain't allowed to ride cars is the only shiit u might probably have on em! If ur rape allegation were to be hurled at India, I might still say well, right. But S.Arabia? No, No.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
So, we should just throw caution and modesty to the winds and leave the naive youths to continue razing in craze?
what else are you gonna do besides advice them, tied them up and beat them up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 8:35am On Jun 28, 2016
evegran:
Op continue disrespecting them okay?

One day, they will show you pepper!

I bet you disrespect em in your mind, I doubt you actually voice any feelings towards em in person- because you sound like a coward. 0_o.

It is their body, they're not your daughters. Smh!
team skimpy skimpy, afaar nah
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Every single thing, the concept and the approach. . . Im concerned about the Arabia ish tho...S.Arabia to a great extent is free from sexual immoralities when compared to neighboring West. It is literally free from it. When u talked about women abuse, what dya mean, the fact that women ain't allowed to ride cars is the only shiit u might probably have on em! If ur rape allegation were to be hurled at India, I might still say well, right. But S.Arabia? No, No.

My point is that no matter what women wear, they still get raped and disrespected.

When I was in Saudi, I was spat on for not covering my face. They have extreme rules when it comes to women's permission to lead life. Driving, going out, being in male company etc. because women aren't seen to be worthy of respect and autonomy. This exists in a lot of countries, but Saudi was just my example.

Women get raped everywhere! Everywhere! Regardless of what they are wearing.

If women were all covered up amd wore the same clothes, people would find reasons OTHER than their clothes to disrespect them.

That was my point.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
team skimpy skimpy, afaar nah

When was the last time a pretty girl slapped you?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

My point is that no matter what women wear, they still get raped and disrespected.

When I was in Saudi, I was spat on for not covering my face. They have extreme rules when it comes to women's permission to lead life. Driving, going out, being in male company etc. because women aren't seen to be worthy of respect and autonomy. This exists in a lot of countries, but Saudi was just my example.

Women get raped everywhere! Everywhere! Regardless of what they are wearing.

If women were all covered up amd wore the same clothes, people would find reasons OTHER than their clothes to disrespect them.

That was my point.

Well said!

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by chigoizie7(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Triczchic:

U are predictable. Did u also read my personal message?

Isn't it quiet pathetic that u would want him to read beyond your DP, but wouldn't also want to read beyond his topics?

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2016
evegran:

Well said!

I try. Some ppl need logic injected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Bails Out On Bills After His Date Came With Her 3 Kids (pics/video) / My Boyfriend Invited Me To His Church, What The Pastor Said About Him Shocked Me / Kenyan Lady Dumps Lover Because Nigerian Man Buys Girlfriend A SUV (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.