Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. (57739 Views)

Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2016
dauntless15:
lol you're very right, but am not contradicting myself at all, am with you on that thought about what your attire says about you to the society, dressing ungodly doesn't speak good of anyone but what am saying is correct them in an appropriate manner with RESPECT, that respect will increase your chances of being listened to. But without respect they wont like to hear what you're saying at all, do you get me now

My other point is, if you finish advising them, Dont force them to take it, that should totally be thier Choice to take your advice or not, your work is done, just allow them choose wether to listen or not, if they choose to continue dressing that way let them be, its thier life, if they listened to you fine you've saved a life, dont force them in anyway and don't try to embarrass them most times you end up embarrassing yourself, such girls dressing this ways mostly come from loose families and they can make you wish to disappear with only thier words, they have this corrosive tongue and you'd do well not to piss them of.
Sorry, I misunderstood you

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
So, we should just throw caution and modesty to the winds and leave the naive youths to continue razing in craze?
Lols.

My brother, whoever doesn't consider the effect his or her action has on the society needs to have his or her brain checked.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2016
evegran:
Op continue disrespecting them okay?

One day, they will show you pepper!

I bet you disrespect em in your mind, I doubt you actually voice any feelings towards em in person- because you sound like a coward. 0_o.

It is their body, they're not your daughters. Smh!
You don't sound like a reasonable adult truly

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
You don't sound like a reasonable adult truly

And you think you sound reasonable or even educated?
Not realising as an educated or "reasonable adult", you should respect the views and decisions of others?
It is in Nigeria you'd see so called educated persons who act uncivil, then you'd wonder what cave they're from. 0_o

Can't blame you though, it is Nigeria where even villagers accuse highly educated individuals of being illiterate because one doesn't agree with your ancient ways of thinking.

I'll resist the urge to attend a conversation with you again. I'm not a fan of guys with incredibly low IQs.

Tata! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dauntless15(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
Sorry, I misunderstood you
thanks for understanding

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 10:07am On Jun 28, 2016
evegran:

And you think you sound reasonable or even educated?
Not realising as an educated or "reasonable adult", you should respect the views and decisions of others?
It is in Nigeria you'd see so called educated persons who act uncivil, then you'd wonder what cave they're from. 0_o

Can't blame you though, it is Nigeria where even villagers accuse highly educated individuals of being illiterate because one doesn't agree with your ancient ways of thinking.

I'll resist the urge to attend a conversation with you again. I'm not a fan of guys with incredibly low IQs.

Tata! smiley
Low IQ?

Oh really?

So all you could make out from the entire story is that I disrespect women.

Even with all the IQs you have?

It is only a person with zero IQ that will attack the messenger instead of addressing the message.

The best thing to when you come across a post that is far beyond your comprehension is to pass.

I never said that you're illiterate, read my comment again, or do you have incurable problem with comprehension?

I said that you don't sound like a reasonable adult. And just so you know, every living person on earth is in one way or the other an illiterate.

Let me tell you what my post is about, hopefully you will make sense in your next comment.

Do you watch music videos?

Do you notice how ladies expose their body and dance half unclad so that the music will market?

Do you know that those who make all the money are the well dressed gentlemen that are with the ladies?

Doesn't this tell you that those ladies present women as something to be used?

Now how does this amount to me disrespecting women or being a coward?

For the last time, you don't reason like a responsible adult and it has nothing to do with your literacy.

Miss Book.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Maamin(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2016
Evegran at it again, hmmm!...pls we want a nation with decent and modest women, sisters, mothers, aunties. is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 10:19am On Jun 28, 2016
Maamin:
Evegran at it again, hmmm!...pls we want a nation with decent and modest women, sisters, mothers, aunties. is that too much to ask?
Lols.

That girl matter tire me.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2016
chigoizie7:

Isn't it quiet pathetic that u would want him to read beyond your DP, but wouldn't also want to read beyond his topics?

Na..its more pathetic that u think ur making a point just cos ur typing in English but ur just chirping..

FYI.. I read everything he wrote. He has a point only when referring to those who dress indecently. He has edited his topic. The previous seemed like he generalized his opinion.

Pls ask questions b4 diving into silly conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

My point is that no matter what women wear, they still get raped and disrespected.

When I was in Saudi, I was spat on for not covering my face. They have extreme rules when it comes to women's permission to lead life. Driving, going out, being in male company etc. [s]because women aren't seen to be worthy of respect and autonomy.[/s] This exists in a lot of countries, but Saudi was just my example.

Women get raped everywhere! Everywhere! Regardless of what they are wearing.

If women were all covered up amd wore the same clothes, people would find reasons OTHER than their clothes to disrespect them.

That was my point.
All those rules that seemed extreme to you are in place to PROTECT their women. However stringent those rules may seem , that society still a relatively happy and tension subdued; That's essence to me!

You talk about being spat at in the face and I tell u that's a very big fat lie! If u didn't cross some boundaries no fukcing body will humiliate ya like that.

Yes, rape happens everywhere cos there are assholes everywhere, but when you're to measure the success level of Saudi against other places where morality has been fed to the dogs, the difference is clear! ... I mean, whats bad is bad, we should not rid the apparel its function of protection of human dignity just because we wanna preach the gospel of freedom! They two different things!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
All those rules that seemed extreme to you are in place to PROTECT their women. However stringent those rules may seem , that society still a relatively happy and tension subdued; That's essence to me!

You talk about being spat at in the face and I tell u that's a very big fat lie! If u didn't cross some boundaries no fukcing body will humiliate ya like that.

Yes, rape happens everywhere cos there are assholes everywhere, but when you're to measure the success level of Saudi against other places where morality has been fed to the dogs, the difference is clear! ... I mean, whats bad is bad, we should not rid the apparel its function of protection of human dignity just because we wanna preach the gospel of freedom! They two different things!!

Bolded is my point - you have illustrated that women are seen as property and not humans.

I was spat on, for not covering my face. As I said. Maybe that was "crossing a boundary" because I'm not protecting myself adequately from rape and dishonour?

I pose it to you that women shouldn't bear this unfairness. That men should stop raping, rather than womenhaving to constantly defend themselves against it. That men should be blamed for rape, rather than blaming women for failing to adequately protect themselves from it.

And in addition, that women should not be seen as dishonoured for being raped. That the dishonour should lie 100% squarely on the man/men who raped her.

For your second point: dignity and modesty lies in the eyes of the beholder. As I said before, there is no way a woman can dress that will live up to the different moral standards of each different man. So she may as well dress the way she wants... because she deserves happiness and comfort and the freedom to express herself WITHOUT JUDGEMENT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
evegran:

When was the last time a pretty girl slapped you?
Who told u that lie? You're just there missus, more reason why you have to do yourself the favor of pegging down that butterfly pride inside of your head so that you can reason straight with that big head. If reasoning straight and seeing the opulence and class in modest dressing is too much for u to grab after that, then, keep up with the disturbing apparels. Just know that the price for a stubborn goat na korekt baton. grin

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Who told u that lie? You're just there missus, more reason why you have to do yourself the favor of pegging down that butterfly pride inside of your head so that you can reason straight with that big head. If reasoning straight and seeing the opulence and class in modest dressing is too much for u to grab after that, then, keep up with the disturbing apparels. Just know that the price for a stubborn goat na korekt baton. grin

I have decided to apply your signature here.
Enjoy! smiley
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Bolded is my point - you have illustrated that women are seen as property and not humans.

I was spat on, for not covering my face. As I said. Maybe that was "crossing a boundary" because I'm not protecting myself adequately from rape and dishonour?

I pose it to you that women shouldn't bear this unfairness. That men should stop raping, rather than womenhaving to constantly defend themselves against it. That men should be blamed for rape, rather than blaming women for failing to adequately protect themselves from it.

And in addition, that women should not be seen as dishonoured for being raped. That the dishonour should lie 100% squarely on the man/men who raped her.

For your second point: dignity and modesty lies in the eyes of the beholder. As I said before, there is no way a woman can dress that will live up to the different moral standards of each different man. So she may as well dress the way she wants... because she deserves happiness and comfort and the freedom to express herself WITHOUT JUDGEMENT.
1. You were not spat on because you weren't covering your face! I got a friend there whose wife doesn't wear the 'niqab' ; apparel that covers the face. So, stop telling me about a lie u read in a book written by some bloody Islamophobia!

2. Rape is a disease of a perverted mind that is not visible to the human eye or even to a microscope, so, If Saudi govt is making laws aimed at quarantining the vulnerable (women) against these diseased, then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be singing their praises of being sensitive . Yes stigmatizing rape victims any day anytime is a bad habit. Personally, I have a principle that frowns at mocking others unless on an objective inclined motive . That said, women should at least try to always shield up and make emselves less inviting to the vicious, diseased and perverted minds, That's why the old saying you're addressed by the way you're dressed is there to feed on. First impression matters most of the time ykno?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
evegran:

I have decided to apply your signature here.
Enjoy! smiley
lol. It would be so clownish of me to wrestle with a young , naive soul. That aside , I don't wrestle with women, I play with them or talk sense into them when they start feeling like a bird. Have a nice day wink
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
1. You were not spat on because you weren't covering your face! I got a friend there whose wife doesn't wear the 'niqab' ; apparel that covers the face. So, stop telling me about a lie u read in a book written by some bloody Islamophobia!

2. Rape is a disease of a perverted mind that is not visible to the human eye or even to a microscope, so, If Saudi govt is making laws aimed at quarantining the vulnerable (women) against these diseased, then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be singing their praises of being sensitive . Yes stigmatizing rape victims any day anytime is a bad habit. Personally, I have a principle that frowns at mocking others unless on an objective inclined motive . That said, women should at least try to always shield up and make emselves less inviting to the vicious, diseased and perverted minds, moreover the old saying you're addressed by the way you're dressed. First impression matters most of the time ykno?

Women should try to shield up? Make themselves less inviting?

I just got finished telling you women get raped no matter what they wear. Women that wear full niqab etc. still get raped.

Excuse me if I don't subscribe to your backward views. You can have your views, I'm keeping mine.

And I'm not am islamophobe - I am an extremophobe. Extremism in any matter is dangerous, religious and otherwise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Women should try to shield up? Make themselves less inviting?

I just got finished telling you women get raped no matter what they wear. Women that wear full niqab etc. still get raped.

Excuse me if I don't subscribe to your backward views. You can have your views, I'm keeping mine.

And I'm not am islamophobe - I am an extremophobe. Extremism in any matter is dangerous, religious and otherwise.
If preaching the gospel of dressing moderately ( not necessarily the Islamic way) is extremism to you then I think u deserve a whole ward to yourself at the psychiatric hospital.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
If preaching the gospel of dressing moderately ( not necessarily the Islamic way) is extremism to you then I think u deserve a whole ward to yourself at the psychiatric hospital.

It's like you can't read.

Standards of modesty are different for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

It's like you can't read.

Standards of modesty are different for everyone.
Its like you can't understand simple notion... When yo standards starts turning heads, jutting mouths open involuntarily, then its extreme hence toxic; that personal standards needs to be checked

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Its like you can't understand simple notion... When yo standards, starts turning heads and jutting mouths open involuntarily, then its extreme hence toxic; that personal standards needs to be checked

Turning heads and jutting mouths could be for any reason. Like you have really pretty face despite having your body covered. Or you could be dressed in niqab, but you're unbelievably fat, like 300kgs. Or you could have something covering your body totally but it's a very bright color.

It's not up to a woman to read everyone's minds and dress according to a bunch of strangers unknown minds. It is up to men to control themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Breadmaker: 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Its like you can't understand simple notion... When yo standards starts turning heads, jutting mouths open involuntarily, then its extreme hence toxic; that personal standards needs to be checked
You really have time bro.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Maamin(m): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
Lols.

That girl matter tire me.
dont mind her, always forming Margaret Thatcher without simple reasoning.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Turning heads and jutting mouths could be for any reason. Like you have really pretty face despite having your body covered. Or you could be dressed in niqab, but you're unbelievably fat, like 300kgs. Or you could have something covering your body totally but it's a very bright color.

It's not up to a woman to read everyone's minds and dress according to a bunch of strangers unknown minds. It is up to men to control themselves.
The way you feign ignorance at full blown oddity amuses me I must confess, Keep it up! wink And don't forget to dress up well so that people won't start mistaking u for a woman who's got few bolts unknotted against their will up there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Monalisa185(f): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
The way you feign ignorance at full blown oddity amuses me I must confess, Keep it up! wink And don't forget to dress up well so that people won't start mistaking u for a woman who's got few bolts unknotted against their will up there.

Alobam!
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Breadmaker:
You really have time bro.
Someone just have to play along, stoop so low and beat her at her own frequency of thoughts flow bruh!

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Monalisa185:

Alobam!
Elloo bae! grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Monalisa185(f): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Elloo bae! grin

Thanks for your support during the contest, you be correct alobam! wink wink
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
Monalisa185:

Thanks for your support during the contest, you be correct alobam! wink wink
Issokay dear, I was actually just catching fun ni oh grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Monalisa185(f): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Issokay dear, I was actually just catching fun ni oh grin

Of course, we were all catching fun, Buh we put a smile on someone's face in the process
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Monalisa185:

Of course, we were all catching fun, Buh we put a smile on someone's face in the process
if you ask me to be honest , I wasn't concerned about putting smile on anybody's face cos in an attempt at doing that, another person is feeling sad. So, essence to me was that we all were playing mock politics; Naija style. It felt surreal so that you can actually feel what it feels like to be a Nigerian politician; everybody was truely selfish grin. I offered to send a tipping over because I was elated u guys played that game so well you came out victorious. Perfect mockery of Naija politicking!. That reminds Laveda, dou operate a GTB acct ? That's the one close by for us to drop the token...
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Monalisa185(f): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
bitchcrafts:
if you ask me to be honest , I wasn't concerned about putting smile on anybody's face cos in an attempt at doing that, another person is feeling sad. So, essence to me was that we all were playing mock politics; Naija style. It felt surreal so that you can actually feel what it feels like to be a Nigerian politician; everybody was truely selfish grin. I offered to send a tipping over because I was elated u guys played that game so well you came out victorious. Perfect mockery of Naija politicking!. That reminds Lav.eda, dou operate a GTB acct ? That's the one close by for us to drop the token...

Lol...yeah right, I agree with you to an extent, Buh lemme not drag it...grin

Thought you two were talking in private..?
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by bitchcrafts: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Monalisa185:

Lol...yeah right, I agree with you to an extent, Buh lemme not drag it...grin
Thought you two were talking in private..?
She wasn't getting my msg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Invited Me To His Church, What The Pastor Said About Him Shocked Me / Kenyan Lady Dumps Lover Because Nigerian Man Buys Girlfriend A SUV (photos) / My Ex Wants Us To Be Having Sex Few Weeks After Her Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.