Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. (57690 Views)

Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Ghost447(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
One look at your dp revealed why you're being over all defensive.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by engrhorla(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Is there anything you own that is truly personal?

Hey bro..

I like ur article..nice one
These ladies need to help thmselves

But pls don't go personal with this lady

U'll derail your write-up...enough said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by purplekayc(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
It's a pity embarassed

I apologize on our behalf cry
before nko?
This will get ur di*k up at the same time make you angry.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Rubyventures: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2016
@ OP we live in a free world, that means the anybody any sex can express themselves through their speech, dressing, works. As long as it is in the right place and occasion then that's fine. That doesn't make them less human than you.

Who are we to judge?

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by EOOJ(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
It's a pity embarassed

accepted embarassed It is really tiring and diacouraging
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Eureka123(f): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2016
bitchcrafts:
All those rules that seemed extreme to you are in place to PROTECT their women. However stringent those rules may seem , that society still a relatively happy and tension subdued; That's essence to me!

You talk about being spat at in the face and I tell u that's a very big fat lie! If u didn't cross some boundaries no fukcing body will humiliate ya like that.

Yes, rape happens everywhere cos there are assholes everywhere, but when you're to measure the success level of Saudi against other places where morality has been fed to the dogs, the difference is clear! ... I mean, whats bad is bad, we should not rid the apparel its function of protection of human dignity just because we wanna preach the gospel of freedom! They two different things!!

So, you're saying that men are such animals without self-control or respect, that women now need protection from?? I'm just asking cheesy grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by EOOJ(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:
Disrespect and downgrade those who give u reasons to do so and respect every other woman who stays decent. Stop with your generalization already!
wat are u saying Cant u see he wrote "some" in the topic Calm down jare grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by foolinlove(f): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
I understand you but you still didn't get me. all you are saying is right. from a social point of view. society through concept of morals have been able to subdue the true nature of man. good thing cos I'd probably have been eaten by mungo pack's grand daughter.

but that true nature never dies. it's hidden within. it pops once in a while, to others its their way if life. there are some tribes in igbo people who still eat humans till date(so I heard). what do you make if that? to you it's bad, oh damn those victims got rights Lolz well not to the tribes.

am not saying rape is good. no it's bad. but if you were to see the true nature Of man it's not bad. it's survival(Trade between pain and comfort). those days homosexuals were killed even by the whites. "witches" were burnt to death even by the whites. slavery was "good" and done even by the whites.

things change agreed. and people are subject to knowledge of their time. just like women of olden days accepted second and third wives and it was good then but today what do you have? women can't share d!cks anymore. it's now bad.

while the majority has accepted changes and reforms. the true nature lies in many. triggered by something or somebody. I repeat, for every reaction there's an action(you should be familiar with cause and effect theory)

I don't even know your name.

Ok but even in the animal kingdom - look at lions, gorillas etc. - there exist rules which determine behavior. A lioness will protect her children. Lions will fight over a mate and protect the mate thereafter. It is primitive but right and wrong still exist. Good and evil behaviour have reactions in these primitive situations.

Humans have (mostly) evolved beyond this primitive lifestyle. So society is a way to control behaviour and protect the vulnerable. An attempt to make things "fair". Even though it doesn't function *all* the time, at least we have evolved to the point where people are able to (somewhat) control their destinies.

I understand you, but I don't think it stands. It is all theoretical and pragmatically speaking, what a woman wears should be her own choice rather than the choice of others. And a woman's clothing should not be a justification to treat her badly.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2016
What a very senseless topic.

I guess it is also ok for women to disrespect and degrade most men because men are the ones that commit crimes the most among the two genders.

Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Checked86: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2016
MEN DISRESPECT WOMEN BECAUSE IF YOU RESPECT THEM, YOU LOSE RESPECT. Women do not want to be respected. They have always wanted to be at the receiving end. The sexual positioning talks volume about where you should put women and they will respect you.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Rubyventures:
@ OP we live in a free world, that means the anybody any sex can express themselves through there speech, dressing, works. As long as it is in the right place and occasion then that's fine. That doesn't make them less human than you.

Who are we to judge?
free what? you kidding?

There's no freedom in "Society" morals and constitution are for what?

OK I crave your fried blokos. that's what I want and need. don't even try to tell me it's bad. I want it. it's good for me.

Lolz good and bad are relative. subject to environment, knowledge(religion, morals)...
you think Clifford orji was stupid? think again.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Shewe shewe everywhia you go,i thank God for my sisters everyday...i wonder if this ones get brothers or papa.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by EOOJ(m): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:
I see u have edited ur topic. That is much better.
oh..he edited d topic My bad wink
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 29, 2016
Eureka123:

So, you're saying that men are such animals without self-control or respect, that women now need protection from?? I'm just asking cheesy grin

Don't mind him, I don't even understand the reatarded way some people reason.
So instead of teaching men to control their urges and not rape or harm women we should devise ways of limiting women's freedom to 'protect' them from the men?!!?

Mad people on Nairalanded are just increasing everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by mamachizzy(f): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2016
We are sorry for misbehaving. We promise to change!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 11:48am On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Men must die regardless of how they protect themselves but holding two live wires or jumping out of a speeding vehicle makes it faster.

Indecent exposure isn't a justification for rape but it contributes to the cause.

Finally, saying that someone's line of thought is stupid because it doesn't tally with yours is very wrong so I am bowing out of this argument.

You win.
I just read a number of points and argument on the issue, and I decided to pitch my tent here. This response is apt, factual and impressive. I don't see some ladies changing their obnoxious stand on issues like this. They tend to mislead some men into hasty generalisation of womenfolk. There are so many classy and elegant ladies out there who see this form of dressing as being trashy and not sexy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Joelchris(m): 11:48am On Jun 29, 2016
dauntless15:
ok lets get this straight

Not everyone listens to advice no matter your manner of aproach i get it, but most people listen because of your manner of aproach, imagine seeing a girl wearing a see through dress, you just dont say, hey you look slutty, you say hey can i talk to you? You're asking for her consent, she says yes and you say your outfit is kinda showing whats beneath, i dont think it looks good on you, but if you're comfy in it fine. If she isn't crazy she wont blow you off and don't impose your ideas on people its annoying and no one listens to people who tries to control them.

If they are comfy in it fine its thier life, Dont force people to be like you. Like me for instance i hate deeper life members way of dressing but you can't see me laughing at them or making fun of them or forcing them to dress my way, because its thier life, they are comfy in it so be it.

Dont address her that way brazenly it amounts to disrespect, if you can't call her and address her in a gentlemanly manner then let it be, someone wears trousers and a short top and you see her and say hi slut what does it say about you and your upbringing?

More than 60% of ladies out there don't listen to advice, I have to quarrel with my sister or threaten her before she cooperate with me. Most ladies picks offense in advice.

How many ladies have you correct successfully using this your gentle man theory. It's even difficult trying to correct your wife talk less of strangers who will look you like a bigger,

The way you look determine how I will treat you, If you deserve respect, you will get it. Respect is earn

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2016
mamachizzy:
We are sorry for misbehaving. We promise to change!!!!!
good girl.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Richydos(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

I'm not pained. Just tired of ur desire to generalize this issue. Some guys just don't understand that all women cannot be labelled same.
Majority of d girls I see daily tend to dress indecently n only few get to dress upright.. Isn't d majority enuf proof to generalize... N besides u can't exempt urself from the wrong fallacy too dt all men are dsame??

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Ghost01(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2016
Oh! And when Iyanya and Flavour expose themselves from waist up, you don't see that as indecent dressing, do you? Shouldn't women too disrespect men because of that?

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by izzou(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2016
I have been reading all the comments here and i still dont understand how almost all the females here manage to squeeze in RAPE

Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion sha

But when a lady dresses indecently, the first thing that comes to my mind is either she needs attention or she is a slut

Its not a judgement. Its just the thought that comes first

We can all hide under the umbrella of freedom, but we know what is right.

My opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by javispj(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2016
men don't disrespect women because of their indecent dressing.. in fact I respect some of those women on the above pics.. they have achieved what many men couldnt...the women we should refer this to,r those once with suger cube sized brains.. that think the only thing they can offer is sex..n am talking about 80% of Nigerian girls today,, those can u take care of me category...women n mother's of yesterday where strong n hard working.. their daughters just refused to learn..lazy girl who hate hard work, but rather get f-ed hard to get the money..to them it's the easy way out
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2016
foolinlove:

Ok but even in the animal kingdom - look at lions, gorillas etc. - there exist rules which determine behavior. A lioness will protect her children. Lions will fight over a mate and protect the mate thereafter. It is primitive but right and wrong still exist. Good and evil behaviour have reactions in these primitive situations.

Humans have (mostly) evolved beyond this primitive lifestyle. So society is a way to control behaviour and protect the vulnerable. An attempt to make things "fair". Even though it doesn't function *all* the time, at least we have evolved to the point where people are able to (somewhat) control their destinies.

I understand you, but I don't think it stands. It is all theoretical and pragmatically speaking, what a woman wears should be her own choice rather than the choice of others. And a woman's clothing should not be a justification to treat her badly.
and the food lions eat how did they get it? killing looooolz.

a hawk comes down steals a chicken. go feed her children which she dearly loves looooolz.

a lioness goes hunting kills a baby deer to feed her children she dearly loves looooolz.

we humans kill animals, slaughter them, you could even see the fighting, struggling. we put their flesh in pots and fry. feed on them. you think they got no feelings?

your point about society is because of where you come from. the ideology is different. have you ever imagined living under Sharia law? sorry that's the ideology that will spit on your rights without no remorse.

like I said, there is no justification for rape but knowing what I tell you will make you safer. we are all citizens of planet earth but hey take a trip to Saudi Arabia. you'd be forcefully wrapped in black.

and if I am right, the west don't allow polygamy. why?

hey is marijuana allowed in your place? why not. if it's harmful, it's me Dieing not my neighbour.

there is no freedom in "Society"

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Blackfire(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2016
foolinlove:

Lololol. Care to join the debate? Could be I fall in love with your brain too smiley

no not my brain... Ok my brain , no , yes ....no ... Maybe

*covers my face*
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by ayindejimmy(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Chill sister, I am not here to attack or disrespect women.

If you feel pained then talk to your sisters.
she has a valid point.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Reference(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
foolinlove:

Some gals like showing off their assets. It doesn't mean they aren't worthy of respect.

They are not worthy of respect, period. Everyone puts his best foot forward most of the time. If this is the best they have to offer then.....

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Eureka123:

Is there any way you can align the moral values of all men to be the same? There is no gain saying that the thought process of men are different one from the other. Some will look away indifferently, even when they see a lady in bikini walking down the street, while others will ogle, giggle, whistle, laugh or throw tantrums at such a lady. Son how you minimize this? Self respect
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Do their lives revolve around guys and what they want? Do they live their lives to please guys? If yes then that's exactly what I am saying and it is pathetic.

I think it's a little bit deeper than this. It is true that women generally APPEAR to need more affirmation than men however you also need to recognize that while revealing dressing may appear to pander to men it is also a means to taking control of the narrative. When a man's nucleus accumbens ( frontal lobe) is activated by desire ( sexual desire)or a possibility of high gain ( gambling) it stops complex logical processing an reverts to a simple cost/gain measurement. In the latter state even the wisest of men can be temporarily "stupid."

Many women recognize and use these means to get better deals, concessions even in serious business transactions. In many cases it creates a level playing field for the woman who is unsure of her logical argument/persuasion. The woman using this age old method of persuasion is not looking for sex. Sex in fact ends the control temporarily as dopamine floods the brain creating relaxation which is the precursor of calm thinking. Control begins again shortly afterwards.

So in this case, who is the victim?

No sir, women are not trying to please men they are attempting to gain control. This is good for even the most serious of business meetings.

To avoid a wrong polar answer or attitude to women, please reference the word APPEAR that I began with. Not all women are expressly calculating. Some do it out of intuitive reflex ( " I didn't do anything to him!"wink while others have high emotional intelligence and decide intentionally to appeal to man's reason.

No I am not a psychologist just a lawyer with training in behavioral finance.

Respects.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by muhamadnur: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Ever since the creation of the world, men have always seen and treated women As something to be used for sexual satisfaction.

Though there were, still is a few men who know the true value of women but they were and have been in minority since time immemorial.

Now, there was a time some learned women looked into this and realised that the way men treat Women is very wrong so they organized themselves and challenged men.

They fought hard to see that every woman gets the respects she deserves, that every woman should be treated as a human being first before gender.

fortunately their mission was successful but today's women actually want that old treatment.

It is clear from all indication that they wish to be treated like sex Objects. At least, that is what everything about them says.

Just take a look at these pictures.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A_xq5281fE0/U7CeuDGFbqI/AAAAAAAA9Ik/_QiF-oRTJks/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

What do you see?

The problem with these people isn't that they exposed their body[at least they wore it to an event which we all know is a place for indecent exposure] but that they are people's role models.

The reason I stopped watching Nigeria music videos is because what they show there is unclad senseless dancers who do not know that they can influence how people view women.

Who do not know that they portray how women are viewed, how they view themselves, and turning women into sex objects.

The New Women in the media are responsible for the degrading of women in our society because when their fans see them and copy from them, they present themselves as something to be used.

The funniest thing is that these women on media are the ones who always scream that women should be respected.

For what? Having breast?

They are the same people who not refer to women's beauty as intelligence, how good of a mother or a wife they are but how big their breasts and butt is.

Any attempt to correct them will get you responses like "Only God can judge me, you can’t”, “Leave them alone”,
“Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion”;
“Mind your business”.

I will mind my business truly but I cannot respect you.

Good dressing is good business. It will elicit respect from your fellow female folks and male folks.

Now Look at this picture.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-nTYb52_m6m4/V3EDLFlO_JI/AAAAAAAJs_c/vJZUzXje6TkhscCwcImU214Dpb3q5rxswCLcB/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

Who among them deserves respect?
islam already dealt with that. No single muslim. #islamrespectwomen

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by jozee8: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Breadmaker:
Do I look like someone you can blackmail emotionally?

That trick of using someone's mom or sister to shut him or her up online doesn't work on Me.

The heading of the posts says some ladies.

The body focused on women on media and people that copy them so where exactly is the generalization?

Please just pass.
Truth is so bitter my dear, those block heads would always come for you just for saying the truth.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by iamord(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
tchijay:
boob's everywhere... guess d guys love it dat way...
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by iamord(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
It's a pity embarassed

No. No. No. On your knees!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Types Of "Lights" Ladies Show To Guys / Father Stops Son From Marrying Lady Who Also Had An Affair With Him Years Ago / Is It Emotionally Healthy Being Just Friends With A Mature Lady ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.