Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. (57667 Views)

Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
transient123:

And which group do you belong? The respected or disrespected?

Maybe your Dp could give a judgement.

Are u foreign to art? My DP is a classic art work with the signature of the artist boldly inscribed on it.

Are u blind? Or u just want to make a dumb comment? undecided
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Blackfire(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
foolinlove:

It doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
@owliver please don't ever fix igbo tribe as people who eat human flesh.. Se owa alright?
@ari3l how far.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin

Oya forgive am... grin

Lolz... I no get issue with am b4.. grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
Blackfire:

@owliver please don't ever fix igbo tribe as people who eat human flesh.. Se owa alright?
@ari3l how far.
na igbo person tell me. e say na for abia or so.
just like I indicated (so I heard)
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nduchucks: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
This is one of the reasons why wise philosophers of old recommended public flogging and stoning for acts such as depicted by the OP. embarassed
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Izonpikin: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

Lolz... I no get issue with am b4.. grin
the truth na be say inside all this seriousness we responsible men still like to see cleavage once a while...The heart of man sha .....even the OP if we use xray scan him heart e go like bomb shorts abi bum short for women body.... grin grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
Richydos:

Majority of d girls I see daily tend to dress indecently n only few get to dress upright.. Isn't d majority enuf proof to generalize... N besides u can't exempt urself from the wrong fallacy too dt all men are dsame??

Majority can never be the same as Everybody. Majority gives no one the right to generalize. How many women have u or anyone come across to think they have the right to generalize? Mtscheeeeww..abeg!

Dunno who u are..don't care to know since u cared not to ask my take on the fallacy..rather u chose to label me.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Blackfire(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
na igbo person tell me. e say na for abia or so.

just like I indicated (so I heard)

igbo people like creating a myth, and allow u to propagate it for them.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Time2Smile(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
hey ISIS lady I know where you coming from. I can agree with you today but another day am against you in advance.

got my eyes on you mehn
That's very rude and uncalled for. May you be guided

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
Blackfire:

igbo people like creating a myth, and allow u to propagate it for them.
Oga go sleep jo. an abia person also told my brother... I don't care if it's a myth or not. they eat humans in abia (so I heard)
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Owliver(m): 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
Time2Smile:
That's very rude and uncalled for. May you be guided
she understands. no need to be a hero.

waka pass.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by lemolemo: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
No be today o !

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
Izonpikin:
the truth na be say inside all this seriousness we responsible men still like to see cleavage once a while...The heart of man sha .....even the OP if we use xray scan him heart e go like bomb shorts abi bum short for women body.... grin grin

Its a truth we know...but let's let them wallow in self deceit. cool
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by shaqhead: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Domislaz:

You are right my dear. I hope he gets your point. Women don’t cause rape by what they wear. Asking about correlation between clothing and rape is tricky, though. To make clear, sexual assault is never the victims fault. Someone has to act to commit rape. No one forces that choice. If seeing an enticing woman led men to conclude, “I’ve got to rape her,” all men would be rapists. Yet few are. And plenty of assaulted women are not dressed sexily, including women draped in head-to-toe burqas.

Interestingly, veiled women are blamed, too: “He must have seen a bit of her ankle, wrist, hair, neck… Who could resist!?”
Strippers are the most sexually “provocative” of all, yet patrons manage to contain themselves. Yes, bouncers provide security, but they aren’t stationed with blinders blocking their sight. And who’s watching them? Male customers aren’t physically restrained. The men are actually controlling themselves.

Sociologists who have interviewed rapists, read their accounts and looked at the circumstances of their crimes have learned that they have a variety of motives . Here are a few:
Some rape to feel powerful, others gang rape to demonstrate their “manhood” (defined as powerful, dominant, violent, virile, and not gay) to each otherhand fraternally bond, some become aroused by sadistically bringing sex and violence together, others seek to harm an entire race, community or nation by using sexual assault as a political weapon, still others seek revenge against someone other than the rape victim. And some misread cues.

Rapists who misread cues believe the following: men are naturally assertive and women are naturally passive. There are “good girls” and “bad girls.” Bad girls secretly want sex but can’t admit it, so they trick men into forcing sex. In a nutshell, the number of assaults will not go down if women make sure to cover up. The cue-reading rapist has decided to attack someone, and is seeking justification. He will rape and he will find something to blame other than himself. By placing women in charge of his sexuality he abdicates responsibility (it’s her fault). How convenient for him!

And while different rapists have different ways of
thinking, they are all sexist. At the least, they believe
they have more right to a woman’s body than a
woman does, herself.
A poll was carried out in 2013 in Nigeria on the prevalence of rape by NOI which clearly disagrees with your position

"Furthermore, in view of the debate that often arises about the cause(s) of rape in the society respondents were asked the following: What do you think is the prevalent cause of rape in the society?From the result, the majority ofrespondents (34%) were of theopinion that most prevalent cause of rape in the society is “Indecent dressing”; followed by 18% of respondents that cited “Unemployment”. Also, “Lack of moral values” and the “Inability to control sexual urge” were each cited by 9% ofthe respondents as the prevalent cause of rape. Other reasons mentioned by respondents include “Faulty upbringing” (7%), “Ungodliness”, “Illiteracy aboutwomen rights” and “Bad Company” (all with 5%)."

http://www.noi-polls.com/root/index.php?pid=152&parentid=14&ptid=1
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Agmohd008(m): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:
Disrespect and downgrade those who give u reasons to do so and respect every other woman who stays decent. Stop with your generalization already!

If am with you, then those in Hijabs will have my respect.
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
Agmohd008:

If am with you, then those in Hijabs will have my respect.

Why shouldn't they? OP isn't talking about the person deep within..her character or her moral values. His only concern is the dressing.. So u should respect those fully covered in their Hijab.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Blackfire(m): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
Oga go sleep jo. an abia person also told my brother... I don't care if it's a myth or not. they eat humans in abia (so I heard)

*i take insult once*
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by nortcentrallord(m): 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
Owliver:
I identify with Catholic, I was born free of cos but grew up a Catholic. yes in Catholic churches they now wear sexy cloths. I saw one last Sunday in coka parish with a short gown oh damn. I was like oh damn it. her booty was tweaking. who wouldn't notice that booty. even married men had a glimpse.

can't she see mother Mary dress properly? even the mothers encourage them.

I guess she was feeling fly. well, who are we to judge

Well, that's a shame! I thought catholic churches has church wardens that check such excesses in dressing mode. What has gone wrong?
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Jayjay0(m): 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

I'm not pained. Just tired of ur desire to generalize this issue. Some guys just don't understand that all women cannot be labelled same.
Same way women dont understand that all men are also not the same
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
Jayjay0:

Same way women dont understand that all men are also not the same

Yeaaahh... It sucks doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by daviddagreat: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
indesent dressing is a no no for me Buh dat doesn't stop me from banging the hell outta em cos in the end dats Wat they are gud for

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by skywalker001(m): 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
It's a pity embarassed

I apologize on our behalf cry
Apology not accepted till u change ur mode of dressing... I rest my case grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by daviddagreat: 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

Why shouldn't they? OP isn't talking about the person deep within..her character or her moral values. His only concern is the dressing.. So u should respect those fully covered in their Hijab.

I think I nw agree with the OP y u being over defensive ?

n don't say it cos of the generalization shit
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
daviddagreat:

I think I nw agree with the OP y u being over defensive ?

n don't say it cos of the generalization shit

Lolx.. Y did u disagree with the OP? He is right. There is no decency portrayed when a woman dresses that way and it might lead to insults.

So what was the reason why u disagreed with the OP?
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Domislaz(m): 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
shaqhead:

A poll was carried out in 2013 in Nigeria on the prevalence of rape by NOI which clearly disagrees with your position

"Furthermore, in view of the debate that often arises about the cause(s) of rape in the society respondents were asked the following: What do you think is the prevalent cause of rape in the society?From the result, the majority ofrespondents (34%) were of theopinion that most prevalent cause of rape in the society is “Indecent dressing”; followed by 18% of respondents that cited “Unemployment”. Also, “Lack of moral values” and the “Inability to control sexual urge” were each cited by 9% ofthe respondents as the prevalent cause of rape. Other reasons mentioned by respondents include “Faulty upbringing” (7%), “Ungodliness”, “Illiteracy aboutwomen rights” and “Bad Company” (all with 5%)."

http://www.noi-polls.com/root/index.php?pid=152&parentid=14&ptid=1

It is worthy of note that the poll you brought to my attention is a product of people's opinion. However, since their opinion were based on standards, I think the right question to ask is who made the "standards?"

Young ladies in the 1960s era used to tie wrapper over their chest, their belly button exposed and just a few piece of clothe to cover the lower part. That style was never a problem! It was the most decent way of dressing. A girl in the city dresses along this pattern in form of a top and skirt, in a different fabric, and all hell let’s loose. What exactly is the problem? The (imported) fabric?

Once we had a discussion with our grandmother and she said every girl wanted to flaunt her belly button as it was a means of attracting prospective suitors. I also inquired if that style of dressing ever attracted sexual harassment; she said NO! Interesting, I thought!

Presently, some grandmothers (of that era as previously mentioned) also see girls in mini-skirt and make an unfriendly side-rolling eye or gesture. Why have things suddenly changed?

I am not making excuses for unnecessary flaunting of bodies, however, I feel women should be given a break with the issue of “indecent dressing!” Should rapists used “rape” as a punitive measure? Someone who is “indecently” dressed based on your own standards should be raped to correct? Oga sir, who has committed the worst crime?

To be honest, you have no right whatsoever to judge how someone else dresses. What makes you feel your own mode of dressing is more honourable than your neighbours’? Aunty, your iro and buba without underskirt inside is what? Decent? Or brothers, those shirts you wear, which you refuse to button with your (extremely dirty/bushy) chest being bare is decent? So I ask again, who set the standard for “decent
dressing?”

PS: my opinion though. You are free to criticize. #noinsultsplease

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by divineappo(m): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
great post. am enlightened. dis should make fp
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Triczchic(f): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
daviddagreat:
indesent dressing is a no no for me Buh dat doesn't stop me from banging the hell outta em cos in the end dats Wat they are gud for

My bad.. Forget I ever engaged u in a discourse. I see where ur priority lies.. Don't bother responding.

Cheers! smiley
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by adahib: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
I share the OP's point of view. You can't dress like the ladies in the pictures and then expect me to respect you. People are always quick to say "don't judge a book by its cover" but the cover carries the summary of the content of the book. You must go through the cover before deciding whether to read the book or not.

Others will say "she may dress like a slut but is actually a good person ". For goodness sake,I can't go around asking people if their hearts are good or not. We all will only approach who we are comfortable with their appearance. Nobody here will approach a group of young men with axes and guns,smoking weed because we believe they may be decent.

You can't see a person in military uniform and start thinking "oh, he may be a soldier,or perhaps he is a teacher. I need to approach him first to know if he is really a soldier"

My point,don't wear a police uniform if you are not a policeman because you will be seen as such. Just as you have the right to dress the way you feel comfortable, I also have the right to regard you in the way I feel comfortable .

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by daviddagreat: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Izonpikin:

of cos every man wants dat well every straight man cos u can't be sure dis days. anyway the point is no man wants to share dat view (the cleavage and all)with another man let alone the public, except it's a three way or an or.gy dats a whole different case.

if you must dress slutty let it be in private for dat lover

FYI am not against indesent dressing as a matter of fact I have no problem with it
so I don't have any speech to talk out a gal from dressing indesently.
who doesn't want some eye candy
Buh u wud never have my respect dats for sure
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by dubemivan(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
It's a pity embarassed

I apologize on our behalf cry
Thats cool....But it is not APOLOGY but about changing the trend!
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
lilmax:
one of them grin

Silence is the best answer to a big........ ?
Re: Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. by daviddagreat: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Triczchic:

My bad.. Forget I ever engaged u in a discourse. I see where ur priority lies.. Don't bother responding.

Cheers! smiley

yeah me too

Talking about priorities wat Oda priority wud a guy have wen he sees an almost naked gal in public. first she comes across as a loose gal n the only priority he'll be having is Hw to get her to bed n notin else. think about it any how u want buh it is wat it is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why A Guy Should Not Marry A Girl His Age / Nigerian Woman Marries Her Only Boyfriend Years After She Asked God For It / "Sub Delivery Man Asked For Sex As I Visited Him I Refused, He Treated Me Badly"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.