Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? (29444 Views)

Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
johnson232:

smh for u
Ba wahala
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
hotspec:
When i married my wife, d pastor said ure now Mr. and Mrs. X, not X-Y. If she wants to go back to her maiden name Y, she needs to divorce me first and go back to marry her father
So people who bear their father's surname are married to their fathers? Nice thinking. So how is ur husband? Ur father I mean

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
love4rent80s:

Easy.....u are on a public forum
And no matter how a penissss small reach, when e enter, u must moan
Who is the babe that deceived you abeg? No be only moan. Hahahahahaha! Finger better pass sef
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
edbor:
my mum dropped her maiden name which is a very prominent name to answer my dad's which no one knows . . let me see the lady that will voice that nonsense of keeping her maiden name, let it be dangote self.
See this one. So we must all be like ur mom? Wetin u fit do sef?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
uupgrade:
i don't wana say something trashy to u.. But hey don't u ever use that same mouth to tarnish d dignity of anyman becuase u don't agree with dem. I just hope u r a NUN.
If any man chooses to be a caveman in this century, I'll tarnish their dignity as much as I like

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
uupgrade:
God bless u for that sentence.. Can u imagine? My choice gini? Na u d marry me abi na me d marry u? I don't just know when this immature creatures will stop calling theirselves women, its an insult to d real women out there.
When will you people have sense for crying out loud. What is ' na u d marry me abi na me d marry u'? Didn't we marry each other abi ur the only one who said 'I DO'? Is it not my choice? Am I a child that you'd just make decisions for me? When will you people grow up? Better know the kinda girls you carry that rubbish mentality to o

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ralphdan:

Hmmmm nawao na xo e pain u rech?
Pain me ke? Have you seen the no of she males crying on top my comment?
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
OlafenwaMoses:

It remains just a bit of sense for you to attain wisdom.. I wonder what genitals has to do with name issues....
Small peniss equals low self esteem which equals the need to control another person. See?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
OlafenwaMoses:

As it is wrong asking a prospective husband for Bride price... Or is she a being bought like a ram? or paying for traditions?
Why you dey carry this bride price matter on your head like stale bread? In my place, bride price is 5 pence only. Do the math and sit ur azzz down somewhere n keep shut. Ki lode?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
enoch273:

Suffering from bore hole pussy syndrome, just stay in your fathers house and get old with his properties.
Hahahhaha! Nah I think ur mistaking me for ur mom.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Randy91:

GO AND DIE JOOOOR!!!!!!!!!
One guy with SPS sighted. Pele
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by hotspec(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

So people who bear their father's surname are married to their fathers? Nice thinking. So how is ur husband? Ur father I mean
RECEIVE SENDE
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by hotspec(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

RECEIVE SENSE
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
dinachi:

You are extremely silly! The surname you are keeping is it not your father's own name? So that means your father is also suffering from small penis syndrome abi? If you really want to show your independence and lesbian feminism why don't you keep your mother's maiden name too? Or convince your mother to keep her own father's name.
You are an IDIOT. If I decide to keep my surname, how is that your business? Are you the one marrying me? GOD FORBID. In your under developed brain, this is about independence and feminism? You're as dumb as they come I swear. Why should I keep my mother's maiden name? Is her father my father? Mstchewww

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
elsomm:

Smh
As if she's not working hard where she is laying a strong foundation for her own family too? You made it seem like you're doing her a favour. Like the family revolves around you. If my wife (the future wife I dey eye) chooses to add her father's name then let it be. You forgot that her name does not comprise only of her first name but includes her father's name and which she can simply add urs to get her new full name.
Men should learn to loosen up. Happy wife...Happy life!
While you're laying those foundations, leave a few blocks for her to add so that you give her value and cherish her. Your marriage will be better if both contribute no matter how small and this little is genuine appreciated.
You are a man indeed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
SWITANN:

Yes dear. Thank you too

thank u joy...
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
doll912:

*Rotfl oh gosh, u even had to go check my dp, u are so jobless and pained. Maybe I should place a dp with my ring. I'm not even gonna check your profile to ascertain if you are male or female... you are that worthless. Last time I checked one out of 7 billion is very insignificant... yes your opinion is.
Choi! See correct fine geh. Ignore that retard abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Awwww! I hope u feel better about urself soon. Having a small peniss is nor the end of the world..... or maybe it is grin grin grin

Likewise, hopefully you can get a gynecologist that knows about cave exploration that'll work on that putrid disease infected oozing hole between your kwashiorkor bow legs grin
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
vodutive:

How would you feel if your husband bought a property and never told you about it after all it's his money he uses to buy the house. Would you not begin to think he is up to no good? What if your husband decided he wants to change his religion, I guess he doesn't have to consult you because by your logic, it's his religion not yours abi? I guess your husband doesn't have to tell you if he is traveling, after all traveling is a small thing and he will be back home in a few days....abi? It's clearly a big deal to you otherwise you wouldn't make a big deal about it or be offended if he insists on you changing your name, if keeping your name is not a big deal, then why would you jeopardize a marriage based on a "small thing"? You really don't understand what marriage is about!!!! So please stop trying to play mind games by saying "every little thing". Your comment "Who is the one bearing the name? Is it not me?" shows you don't get what marraige is about, that you are one of those who enters a marriage for "I" not "us". Every decision you make affects your partner, if you don't know that and are not ready to think for 2, you aren't ready for marriage!

Like I said the problem is not keeping the name but the attitude and I must say although I don't know you, this kind of attitude is a recipe for a problematic marriage. What's in a name, it's not a big deal but you make it a big deal with an attitude that says "my name is my business and not my husband's", because you reveal more about yourself, the direction and your attitude towards your marriage.

Just as women don't have to change their names, I hope you know you don't have to be married...it's not by force! Whether you keep name or change name if you enter with the attitude of "me", "my", "I" , that I am seeing, your marraige is dead even before it starts whether your husband has no problem with name change or not.....and that dear Women is the real issue!
Oga you're going too far. His religion will affect both I and our children. Who will my refusal to change name affect?
Secondly you can't compare my husband buying property without my knowledge to the case at hand. That's a very different ball game.
But I see your point. It all really depends on his manner of approach. If he acts like I have no choice in the matter, I'll definitely put my foot down. But if he goes 'babe I know you'd like to keep your surname but it's really important to me that you bear mine because it feels as of my surname isn't good enough for you or it feels as if you're expecting a divorce in the future. I can assure you that you and I are in this forever. I'll never give you any cause to regret marrying me. This is really important to me'. Do you really think I could say no if he puts it like that. You see all these small boys crying 'my wife had better not try that nonsense with me', if I were married to any of them, let the heavens fall I would not change my name. So my dear approach matters a lot o. What do you feel about hyphenation of surnames tho?
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's what's called a change of assets.

I have a new younger and hotter wife wink

Besides, I'm in very good company with Prince Charles, US vice preside al gore, millionaire Donald trump, etc

Go mount your corner on Allen avenue grin
You must have had a lot of experiences there huh? I mean Allen avenue.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Don't worry, I live in a progressive country not that piss hole where you live. Here we don't carry divorce on the head like shame.

Yep, I'm twice divorced like I sad and very proud of it cheesy

I'm a real man who talks the talk and walks the walk, my way of the highway.
Real man? Hahahahha! Please never let those words escape from your mouth again. I know your type. You reek of low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
hotspec:

RECEIVE SENDE
So your logic doesn't make sense? See how stupid most of you are

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Likewise, hopefully you can get a gynecologist that knows about cave exploration that'll work on that putrid disease infected oozing hole between your kwashiorkor bow legs grin
Ummmm! Try again mister. And try not to let your bitterness show

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Real man? Hahahahha! Please never let those words escape from your mouth again. I know your type. You reek of low self esteem

You can't smell stuff on the web do how do you justify using the word reek?

That's what you get when you're a half educated dweeb.

Not to worry, some okada rider guy will make a good 3rd wife out of you grin
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Ummmm! Try again mister. And try not to let your bitterness show

Me, bitter? cheesy grin

I just arrived at work in Los Angeles after a wonderful ride cheesy

Try again. Iyawo sara.
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

You must have had a lot of experiences there huh? I mean Allen avenue.

How's business today or market dey dry? grin
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

How's business today or market dey dry? grin
I think you should direct that question to ur mama as per na she be the madam na

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Me, bitter? cheesy grin

I just arrived at work in Los Angeles after a wonderful ride cheesy

Try again. Iyawo sara.
Yeah and I just got off a long flight to new York to do my mid year shopping. Life's great isn't it? But then again, you may not know

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Joy1706(f): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You can't smell stuff on the web do how do you justify using the word reek?

That's what you get when you're a half educated dweeb.

Not to worry, some okada rider guy will make a good 3rd wife out of you grin
Don't expect you to understand. This is what I get for exchanging words with a retard. #sigh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Don't expect you to understand. This is what I get for exchanging words with a retard. #sigh

You're right.

We shouldn't be exchanging words because apparently I'm having an issue translating your gibberish and lunatic ramblings.

But you'll tire yourself soon and pleasure your self to sleep as usual or run out of data grin
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

Yeah and I just got off a long flight to new York to do my mid year shopping. Life's great isn't it? But then again, you may not know

Una no go kill pessin with outlandish fantasies grin

I think you just got off a Peace Mass Transit bus in Onitsha grin
Re: Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
Joy1706:

I think you should direct that question to ur mama as per na she be the madam na

How dare you? My dear old mum is a staunch church member grin

Have you kids picked your father out of the gutter this evening as he fell drunk. Again wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Behaviors To Avoid While Waiting To Marry / My Neighbor Beats His Wife And Kids Daily, What Can I do? / And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.