Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,599 members, 7,837,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (79796 Views)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Everyday Seeing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by eldee(m): 12:38am On Sep 18, 2009
Krayola2:

no worry. . . e be like say me sef go find one for this side sample am  grin

Pick carefully . . . choose the wrong one and u'll end up cuffed to a bed and robbed cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by chic2pimp(m): 12:39am On Sep 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Keep deceiving urself o cheesy

No be u talk say u dey gag? undecided

That definitely means my koboko is doing the job I paid it to do.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Krayola2(m): 12:39am On Sep 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

Wetin u think U.K stand for ehn? undecided

United Koboko.
grin grin haha. u don kolo!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Sauron1: 12:40am On Sep 18, 2009
eldee:

Pick carefully . . . choose the wrong one and u'll end up cuffed to a bed and robbed cheesy cheesy

Yes o. . . . . . .I heard they are after Blackberry phones these days.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TOPE20001(f): 12:40am On Sep 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

No be u talk say u dey gag? undecided

That definitely means my koboko is doing the job I paid it to do.

gag as in puking duh tongue grin
your koboko aint doing shyte grin

b.t.w love-vendor evidence of what we argued abt: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-325213.0.html grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Krayola2(m): 12:42am On Sep 18, 2009
eldee:

hahaha. Is that experience talkin?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by eldee(m): 12:46am On Sep 18, 2009
Krayola2:

hahaha. Is that experience talkin?
Hehehe . . . nah, just word on the street cheesy

~Sauron~:

Yes o. . . . . . .I heard they are after Blackberry phones these days.
Blackberry?? I heard that they take no prisoners . . . they even steal clothes and cards
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by chic2pimp(m): 12:50am On Sep 18, 2009
TOPE2000!:

gag as in puking duh tongue grin
your koboko aint doing shyte grin

b.t.w love-vendor evidence of what we argued abt: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-325213.0.html grin
You and I know that was not what u meant.

My koboko is working wonders jare.

I reserve my comments until he tells us how long the thing is. He clearly said extra large. For all we know that might mean '20inches'  wink grin grin

Krayola2:

grin grin haha. u don kolo!
Na wetin TOPE dey say for bed be dat ooo.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by tboyjnr(m): 1:31am On Sep 18, 2009

4. Money: I know you guys don’t want to hear this but it’s the fact! My BF (poorer or richer than I am) pays for my hair and my clothes. Now I don’t expect him to take up totally financial responsibility of me, but if I’m throwing my B/day party, he shd pay for it or at least pay for most of it. He should at least once in a very blue moon, take me and my ladies out! He should pay for some lil things that I need and he should contribute, no matter how small, in anything I do!!

Heh, I avoid girls with your mentality, I love it when I take a girl out and we argue a little about who pays the bill, "pays for ur hair and clothes, nah wah oh, i hope you found that guy tho, wink
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:49am On Sep 18, 2009
how about just unconditional love and trust!! smiley
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by chiogo(f): 2:58am On Sep 18, 2009
Totally disagree with the poster on most of her points. sheesh, it's just a boyfriend not a freaking fiance or husband.
These are the type of girls who later complain about "cooking and cleaning for that asshole" and still getting their asses dumped. coulda saved yourself the hassle, abi who send you message? I'm not even done cleaning my own house, psh.

Agree with Michellin89. Yes, guys like those "domestic" things but it doesn't mean he's not going to leave you for another chica who doesn't even do any sort of housework. It happens all the time, don't try too hard to impress is the whole point. who cares if he's a pig? not my job to clean up after anyone, too young lipsrsealed wouldn't even have anything to do with such a person to begin with. like duh.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by denny4ril: 4:00am On Sep 18, 2009
ladies have a way of feeling that a lady need not be calling a man frequently and dat is why they end up losing their men to anoda lady. Uju take note and really need to read romance-gists for more romantic details.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Homonide: 4:45am On Sep 18, 2009
nice post, though i've got my reservations.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by tonyissey1(m): 6:51am On Sep 18, 2009
i partially agree wiv most of her b/f's duties depending on the schedule of the b/f anyways but paying for your hair and sponsoring your parties hell noooooo a guy wud do wat a guy ought to do at the rite time without being told so it is not a DUTY ok if the girl likes let her keep her hair for more than 6mths when its starts smelling she would take note its a lady's duty to look good and admirable even when my girl goes to do her hair and she looks sweet at times i ask her how much it cost her to look this good and i would appreciate her by refunding her the money which she sometimes REJECT. usu it would have been better you included in the g/f's duties that she takes the guy for a hair cut and pedicure and manicure and she pays for it EQUAL RIGHT AND JUSTICE.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2009
Too strict commitments.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2009
If u take a look at the antonyms of the word duty u will find out why this is not such a bad thing.

For example Thesaurus.com reports the antonyms of duty as: disregard, irresponsibility, faithlessness, inconstancy, treachery

I say this tells u alot about not doing these tins.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by arewabirin(f): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2009
[/font]i beliv we are meant to be there for each other, dat's just it, but deff. we both got roles to play, but it must not be a "DO OR DIE TIN"  cool
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2009
Nice arewa u read ma lip.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by modele2: 11:32am On Sep 18, 2009
Michellin89 thank you, thank you, thankyou

U took the words right out of my mouth.

Am i his maid? arrant nonsense!!!

I never cooked, cleaned, or laundered for my hubby before we got married.
I am positive he loves me for me and not my cooking, cleaning or laundry skills.
He calls me the best thing that has ever happended to him.

Thats why at the end girls feel cheated, 'after all i did for him blah blah blah, 'who sent u. pshewu
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by r231(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2009
TOYOSI20:

dats not in uju's dictionary,,,,,,,,,,,lol
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
Lord_Reed:

If u take a look at the antonyms of the word duty u will find out why this is not such a bad thing.

For example Thesaurus.com reports the antonyms of duty as: disregard, irresponsibility, faithlessness, inconstancy, treachery

I say this tells u alot about not doing these tins.

I assumed people will look up the word in the dictionary before talking! undecided

TOYOSI20:

r231:

dats not in uju's dictionary,,,,,,,,,,,lol

Now why would I want to comit myself to someone I dont love and trust undecided
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Easybaby(f): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
It’s not just the guys that want sex, we want it too[/

You can say that again kiss kiss kiss
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2009
chiogo:

Totally disagree with the poster on most of her points. sheesh, it's just a boyfriend not a freaking fiance or husband.
These are the type of girls who later complain about "cooking and cleaning for that asshole" and still getting their asses dumped. coulda saved yourself the hassle, abi who send you message? I'm not even done cleaning my own house, psh.

Agree with Michellin89. Yes, guys like those "domestic" things but it doesn't mean he's not going to leave you for another chica who doesn't even do any sort of housework. It happens all the time, don't try too hard to impress is the whole point. who cares if he's a pig? not my job to clean up after anyone, too young lipsrsealed wouldn't even have anything to do with such a person to begin with. like duh.

Well, nobody's forcing anybody to do anything and c'mon people do 'arranged' marriages. But if you dated your hubby for at least 3yrs b/4 marrying him, then u r a liar if you say you never cooked for him!!

Personally, there's nothing I'll do for the man I'll marry that I wont do for my BF except have his children of course

If marriage works out, okay, if it doesen't . . .  at least I know he's done his own part too. You wont expect me to wash for a man who wont even come when I have a flat tire!!  undecided

You know there's a difference between what you should do and what you have to do!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by r231(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

I assumed people will look up the word in the dictionary before talking! undecided

Now why would I want to comit myself to someone I dont love and trust undecided

how long would take u to fig dat out,,,,,,,,have u heard of d saying YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE. Why should I be trying to make u happy, doing things for you and all u do is keep asking and don't do nothing
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
modele2:

I am positive he loves me for me and not my cooking, cleaning or laundry skills.

Thats why at the end girls feel cheated, 'after all i did for him blah blah blah, 'who sent u. pshewu

You act like its only the girls that feel cheated after the r/ship ends!  undecided

Dont compare an arranged marriage to a marriage that came from a relationship!! So wat if your hubby thinks the world of you, does that make him love you anymore than most guys love their GFs?

I have a friend whose BF does everything I listed and more for her. Theirs is a perfect relationship that does not have marrige in the picture. They are happy, they love each other. Husbands cheat on wives, but her BF will rather die than cheat on her! That's love!! That's a committed r/ship, that's what I mean by BF/GF.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by r231(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

Well, nobody's forcing anybody to do anything and c'mon people do 'arranged' marriages. But if you dated your hubby for at least 3yrs b/4 marrying him, then u r a liar if you say you never cooked for him!!

Personally, there's nothing I'll do for the man I'll marry that I wont do for my BF except have his children of course

If marriage works out, okay, if it doesen't . . .  at least I know he's done his own part too. You wont expect me to wash for a man who w[b]ont even come when I have a flat tire!!  undecided[/b]

You know there's a difference between what you should do and what you have to do!

d man will get u a driver den u don't have to worry about the flat tire,,,,,,,,,,lol
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by jidealex: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2009
the issue of ur b/f chilln n allowin someone toast u shouldnt be that conclusive,some guys lyk me av so much confidence in 'emselves n dont bother abt wat tha other is sayn cos eh knows that he's got all the tym to reconfig. tha gal's brain.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by whitelexi(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2009
modele2:

Wait till he jams that busybody that will do those things and more for him, u will watch in awe how your possession will become another woman's in broad daylight grin grin grin

At that stage, u will be able to differentiate between love and appreciation grin cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2009
r231:

how long would take u to fig dat out,,,,,,,,have u heard of d saying YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE. Why should I be trying to make u happy, doing things for you and all u do is keep asking and don't do nothing

Why are you blabbing
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2009
jidealex:

the issue of your b/f chilln n allowin someone toast u shouldnt be that conclusive,some guys lyk me av so much confidence in 'emselves n dont bother abt wat tha other is sayn cos eh knows that he's got all the tym to reconfig. tha gal's brain.

That was just an instance. The idea is that I should feel protected that someone special is beside me undecided

That incidence I mentioned happened with a guy I wasnt even dating. He was a 'chyker' and I followed him to a mutual friend's wedding. I mean how can you just remain passive when a fellow guy totally disregards you. Are you a weakling or what?

It's just like allowing a girl, who I know is not related to my BF in anyway to sit in the front of his car when I'm going out wiv him. Even if she sat there before I came, I'll simply ask her to come down and go to the back. You dont flirt with my man when I'm dere . . I'll simply ask you to back off!!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by r231(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ujujoan:

Why are you blabbing

I ON'T KWW
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by deezah(f): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
This issue has been over flogged enough, methinks. Everyone has expressed their opinion, whether they made sense or not. Some even went away from the topic of discussion for a while, which I found rather refreshing, until some others yanked us back. Okay, everyone has his or her own way of dealing with his/her relationships. To each his/her own.

Now, moving on,

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Young Lady Over Cucumber (photos) / She Shot Her Shot (and He Said Yes!) Pictures included / Husband Holding On To His Wife's Big Backside (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.