Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (79751 Views)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Everyday Seeing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

What are you undecided undecided undecided ing for? I'm not allowed to differ from your quixotic realities?

Of course you are. But I dont have to swallow yours either!  tongue

erm erm . .  what's quioxotic!   cheesy

michelin89:

I am actually calmer in real life. Internet just aliments and increases my aggressiveness.

I get that, it happens to all of us. I guess its the 'hiding behind a screen thing' eh?  cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ujujoan:

I get that, it happens to all of us. I guess its the 'hiding behind a screen thing' eh?  cheesy

Not that. I speak my mind even in life but I am more sarcastic and laugh at it rather than getting worked up like someone had just snatched my meal.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Yumi(f): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
mystics:

I have not taken tym to read thru the various post but i dont think i expect all that from a girlfriend. If she is  a wife, different ball game. My girlfriend should not cook, clean wash, and bla bla bla for me. I wont allow. Also if a girl is dating me because she thinks she is female so she needs to have a guy who can pick her bills then i would be disappointed. I know what been responsibility is. Problem is most women think they were born to have their needs met by a man, their father, then their boyfriends and then their husbands. with this thinking, it sure reduces the productivity. Afterall what men can do, women can also do abi!

Thats not really how I look at things.  I don't expect a man to pay my bills but I do expect him to treat me with respect.  Thats a huge thing for me.  I don't mind cooking and cleaning for someone when they respect you, however I agree that a man shouldn't expect it. Rather it should be offered.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
mystics:

I have not taken tym to read thru the various post but i dont think i expect all that from a girlfriend. If she is  a wife, different ball game. My girlfriend should not cook, clean wash, and bla bla bla for me. I wont allow. Also if a girl is dating me because she thinks she is female so she needs to have a guy who can pick her bills then i would be disappointed. I know what been responsibility is. Problem is most women think they were born to have their needs met by a man, their father, then their boyfriends and then their husbands. with this thinking, it sure reduces the productivity. Afterall what men can do, women can also do abi!

So why should it change when you get married?

And yes, I think I need a man in my life, why else would I want to get married  
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by r231(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ujujoan:

And yes, I think I need a man in my life, why else would I want to get married  

u think
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

No, I only cook for my parents and myself. On special occasions, I can cook for my boyfriend.
He's my boyfriend not my life support machine.

true talk. i knw this guy that would call his girlfriend and tell her his cloths are dirty, he house needs to be cleaned and give her money to go to the market and cook for him. It was becoming too much so i had to call the babe and talk some sense into her head. The guy got wind of it and got really angry at me, to him, he gives her money. Thats is his responsibility and her responsibility is to cook, clean and have sex with him. They broke off and are no longer today but one thing i know is, the babe recognizes her worth. Worth more than cooking and cleaning and sexing, a woman worths far more than these.

1 Like

Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ujujoan:

cos status has changed. And sincerely, i dont expect my wife to wash for me. As to cooking, now we live together, she has to cook for herself and it will only be resonable for her to share with me abi. As a wife, those are her covenant responsibilities.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2009
mystics:

true talk. i[b] knw this guy that would call his girlfriend and tell her his cloths are dirty, he house needs to be cleaned and give her money to go to the market and cook for him.[/b] It was becoming too much so i had to call the babe and talk some sense into her head. The guy got wind of it and got really angry at me, to him, he gives her money. Thats is his responsibility and her responsibility is to cook, clean and have sex with him. They broke off and are no longer today but one thing i know is, the babe recognizes her worth. Worth more than cooking and cleaning and sexing, a woman worths far more than these.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well thats outrageous!
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2009
r231:

u think

Yea, that's if Nlders dont succed in changing my mind! cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ujujoan:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well thats outrageous!

Why aren't those her duties? undecided
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2009
michelin89:

I'll tell you things I have done before. Very annoying things I did just to help out like translating pages and pages of documents from Italian to English and tranferring datas from sheets to computer. I had to compile numbers and numbers. Annoying.

Of course I had homework and other hobbies to face but I did it.

Just to mention it: I cooked each time my bf visited and I also did it when I went visiting. But I wasn't doing it out of duty but simply because I wanted to treat him right.

The fact dat the OP called it a duty doesn't suddenly make it wrong. These things should flow from the heart. That she wrote it in black n white is not to say that they can't flow from a loving heart.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
Check this out.

Am single and Lazy, i dont do house chores, i inherited lots of wealth from my late father, i have money. I need a cook, someone to wash my cloths, clean my house, entertain my friends and be my shag mate. she will bear the title MY GIRLFRIEND. Her rewards are enticing, i will in return shower her with money and gifts, pay for her cloths and make sure she has all she wants that money can buy. Please if u meet my specifications hurry and apply.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2009
absolutely unbelievable shocked

Didn't know GF/BF's now had duties. . . . . when did this start

@ Ujujoan,

What are the duties of your "friends"
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
anyone can cook, clean, have sex and even cuddle the man like a baby in the name of being his girlfriend but it doesnt mean it'll automatically lead to marriage.

So whoever is doing such should just do it because they like pampering the guy they're with, regardless if there's a commitment or not. And shouldnt complain in the event the relationship ends.

Wasnt there a thread where a guy was complaining Nigerian girls are too motherly? That they take on the duties of a mother whenever they're in a relationship. Some men prefer that but you still have to be sure that's what he really wants.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
RuuDie:

@ Ujujoan,

abi oh
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2009
RuuDie:

absolutely unbelievable shocked

Didn't know GF/BF's now had duties. . . . . when did this start

@ Ujujoan,

Tell me u don't get angry wen ur friends don't do sometin they are supposed to?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TheSeeker(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2009
Who dey find Michellin tyres trouble?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2009
TheSeeker:

Who dey find Michellin tyres trouble?

You really get time to dey decorate your posts. Colour+bold+italic---pele ooo
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by mystics(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Tell me u don't get angry wen your friends don't do sometin they are supposed to?

So tell me you would get angry if she does not clean or cook for you
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by LordReed(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
mystics:

So tell me you would get angry if she does not clean or cook for you

Answer the question first.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TheSeeker(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
michelin89:

You really get time to dey decorate your posts. Colour+bold+italic---pele ooo
Did I strike a nerve?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by C2H5OH(f): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2009
LOL grin grin grin grin grin very hilarious post at best.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
TheSeeker:

Did I strike a nerve?

Uhm  undecided
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TheSeeker(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
michelin89:

Uhm undecided
So you're still a pikin at 20? grin grin
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2009
TheSeeker:

So you're still a pikin at 20? grin grin

No I was thinking it was a real turn off to see a guy take care of his posts that much. shocked

Write and post jare. Which one be the decoration?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TheSeeker(m): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
michelin89:

No I was thinking it was a real turn off to see a guy take care of his posts that much. shocked

Write and post jare. Which one be the decoration?
Don't mind me. It's the Libra in me. Always wanting to be artistic or a perfectionist.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by osasp(m): 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
lol can u imagine

taking u and ur ladies out. . . lwkm
will u take me nd my boys out?? abegi

i so luv myself. . if i jam babe like dat, she go suprise d way i go take laff comot for dere
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Princek12(m): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
mystics:

Check this out.

Am single and Lazy, i dont do house chores, i inherited lots of wealth from my late father, i have money. I need a cook, someone to wash my cloths, clean my house, entertain my friends and be my shag mate. she will bear the title MY GIRLFRIEND. Her rewards are enticing, i will in return shower her with money and gifts, pay for her cloths and make sure she has all she wants that money can buy. Please if u meet my specifications hurry and apply.
You need a housegirl aka omo odo.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by ritaNL: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
Dont think I have any duty until I'm married to a man but whatever I do now ,I do it because I enjoy doing not becos I see it as my duty.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by TOPE20001(f): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
rita@NL:

Dont think I have any duty until I'm married to a man but whatever I do now ,I do it because I enjoy doing not becos I see it as my duty.

BINGO cool
I think ppl are having a go @ uju because she used the word duty
many ppl blv u have duties when married which is somewat true.
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by kellorah: 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
The title of ur thread says it's ur duty. . . now ur saying u don't do it cos it's a duty? ? ?
Re: Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? by Yumi(f): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2009
Princek12:

You need a housegirl aka omo odo.

LMAO dats funny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Between This Man And His Fiancee’s Backside In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart / Unofficial Valentine NL Match-up Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.