Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:06 AM

Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) (128337 Views)

Are The Japanese Descended From Ancient NIGERIANS? / Nigeria: Lessons From Ancient Benin / B Haram Saga; The Real Truth About Islam.(quoted Facts From Ancient History) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2011
CULTURAL CONTINUITY FROM EGYPT

In Ancient Egypt, Leopard skins were worn by individuals who possessed great spiritual knowledge and power, thus members of the priesthood and the pharaoh who was a high priest, wore them.

Such is the same in Africa today with shamans or so-called "witch doctors" who wear leopard skin.

Ancient Egyptian collar bar

[img]http://3.bp..com/_ZE250vHIH9c/TPKrs3PXMmI/AAAAAAAABpk/IMjgP2oX9Dc/s1600/1773655208_e12bc7c70e.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cfa.ilstu.edu/lmlowel/THE331/images/Egypt/EgyptBeadedDress&Aprons.jpg[/img]

South African Collar Bar (Xhosa ethnic group)

Mpondo Collar

Masai Collar

Ancient Egyptian Headrest:

[img]http://images.onlinegalleries.com:8080/gfx/45598.jpg[/img]

Ethiopian Headrest:

Ghanaian Headrest:

Shona headrest, Mozambique

Chopi headrest, Mozambique

Somali Headrest:

Ancient Egyptian Comb[/b]s

Traditional combs from:

[b]Ghana

Ivory Coast

Angola

Mozambique

Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by THEMOOR: 3:20am On Mar 22, 2011
ROSSIKE

Hey Guy go here for Egyptian and Watusi hair sytle. you may have seen these images.
http://www.white-history.com/earlson/rameses.htm

Although I do not agree with this guy Karl Earlson my point is to show the simularities between the Egpyt and african hair style. I personal believe Pharaoh Ramses II(left) and a modern Watusi(right) are very simular. The Watusi hairstyle can only be achieved with wooly hair. The small circles that appear on the statue would indicate the wooliness of the Pharaohs hair himself.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:39am On Mar 22, 2011
THEMOOR:

ROSSIKE

Hey Guy go here for Egyptian  and Watusi hair sytle. you may have seen these images.
http://www.white-history.com/earlson/rameses.htm

Although I do not agree with this guy Karl Earlson my point is to show the simularities between the Egpyt and african hair style. I personal believe Pharaoh Ramses II(left) and a modern Watusi(right) are very simular. The Watusi hairstyle can only be achieved with wooly hair. The small circles that appear on the statue would indicate the wooliness of the Pharaohs hair himself.

lol, you realize the link that you posted destroys your argument/premise, right?

Smh @ all the Afrocentrism. What's the point?

There were some black/African elements in ancient Egypt's culture, but the kind of claims in this thread and all over the web are a stretch
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by birdman(m): 4:03am On Mar 22, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

lol, you realize the link that you posted destroys your argument/premise, right?

Smh @ all the Afrocentrism. What's the point?

There were some black/African elements in ancient Egypt's culture, but the kind of claims in this thread and all over the web are a stretch

Umm, no they are not a stretch. There are reams of documentation to back ROSSIKE up. Do the research and stop shaking your head. And what is wrong with Afrocentrism. Since when did it become a blight to celebrate yourself?
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:07am On Mar 22, 2011
Yeah, okay. Believe what you want.

But I'm not Egyptian in any way, shape or form, so what's this about celebrating myself?
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 22, 2011
^^did anyone here say you're egyptian?
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:46am On Mar 22, 2011
He didn't imply or suggest that I was not included in "yourself" (by which he means [b]our[/b]selves (blacks), since he couldn't have been referring only to himself given the context in which he wrote that phrase).

And how could he have excluded me? His statement was clearly about blacks/Africans in general.

Which of these Afrocentrists are actually linked to ancient Egyptians that they should consider celebrating their (ancient Egyptians) achievements as celebrating themselves?
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by birdman(m): 7:25am On Mar 22, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

He didn't imply or suggest that I was not included in "yourself" (by which he means [b]our[/b]selves (blacks), since he couldn't have been referring only to himself given the context in which he wrote that phrase).

And how could he have excluded me? His statement was clearly about blacks/Africans in general.

Which of these Afrocentrists are actually linked to ancient Egyptians that they should consider celebrating their (ancient Egyptians) achievements as celebrating themselves?

I didn't suggest you were included either. If you are not interested in historical FACTS, no sweat of anyone's back. If you are going to suggest to anyone to discard the facts in this thread, you should at least back it up with proof. Your opinion is not proof. Otherwise, let those who want to celebrate themselves do so.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2011
PhysicsMHD said:

You do realize there is overwhelming evidence of migration from north Africa/Sahara to the west, and central areas of Africa in antiquity?

You do realize that the major groups in Nigeria trace their migratory paths to the north/Saharan and East of Africa in ancient times?

Thus, it is fair to say that a great many present west and central Africans, as well as their diaspora cousins, are descended from ancient Nile Valley inhabitants.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by birdman(m): 8:56am On Mar 22, 2011
btw pele for derailing thread with pointless argument smiley
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 22, 2011
http://www.philosophos.com/knowledge_base/archives_13/philosophy_questions_1320.html

In what ways can the ideas of the Akan, Bantu, and Yoruba be traced back to Ancient Egyptian
philosophy?

============

In a search for the roots of the Yoruba religion one can look to the Egyptians. One has to remember
that religion and philosophy are very difficult to separate in some of these early civilizations. What can
be deduced from archeological and historic records is that the Yoruba people migrated from east to west.

J. Olumide Lucas in his book The Religion of the Yorubas traces their history as a civilization back to
Egypt. "A chain of evidence leads to the conclusion that they must have settled for many years in that
part of the continent known as Ancient Egypt." (Cook, 1974, p. 184) In his work Lucas shows that
there were similarities in language, religion and customs between these two groups of people.

"Abundant proof of intimate connection between ancient Egyptians and the Yoruba may be produced
under this head. Most of the principle gods were well known, at one time, to the Yoruba. Among these
gods are Osiris, Isis, Horus, Shu, Sut, Troth, Khepera, Amon, Anu, Khonsu, Khnum, Khopri, Hathor,
Sokaris, Ra, Seb, the elemental deities and others. Most of the gods survive in name or in attributes
or in both" (Lucas, 1948, p.21).

In comparing the religions, we find that the Yoruba had a moon deity known as Osu (moon) which is
the Egyptian lunar god Khonsu. To find the conclusive proof of this similarity one has to look at the
etymological development of the Yoruba language. In the Yoruba language Kh does not exist. By
following the consonant—vowel rules in Yoruba the vowel is dropped and you are left with the word
Osu from Khonsu. If we follow this etymological analysis we find that "Amon exists in Yoruba with the
same meaning it has in ancient Egyptian: hidden. The god Amon is one of the first deities known by
the Yoruba and the words Mon and Mimon (holy and sacred) are probably derived from the name of
that god, according to Lucas. Troth would become To in Yoruba" (Cook, 1974, p. 185).

Following this lead we can see that the development of a monotheistic religion had it roots in the land
of Egypt. Although many have claimed that the religion of the Egyptians was polytheistic in fact it was
not. Moses even went so far as to declare that Yahweh, like the God of Egypt, was one (Deut. vi.4).
The idea of an all powerful god was developed in Egypt and spread with the migration of the Yoruba people. This
spiritual conception of god and the universe was begun in the Nile valley 4000 years before the
Christian era.

Lucas recalls that ''all the ontological notions of the ancient Egyptians, such as the Ka, Akhu,
Khu, Sahu, and Ba are found in the Yoruba" (Cook. 1974, p. 186). We see in the Egyptian Ka
transformed into the Guarding spirit of the Yoruba. The final cement for an Egyptian and Yoruba
connection is the existence of Yoruba hieroglyphics. "To conclude, let us note that Pedrals mentions,
on page 107, the Kuso Hill near Ife and the existence of a Kuso Hill in Nubia, near ancient Meroe,
west of the Nile 'in the heart of the land of Kush'" (Cook, 1974, p. 187). From this we can thus
consider that a historical connection of facts joins the Egyptian and the Yoruba civilizations together.

The labyrinth of religious development is long and complex from its root beginnings at the dawn of
civilization to its numerous forms in the present day. Its importance for the peoples of Africa was to
keep them secure through out their long history. Whether as rulers of great civilizations or as slaves
in foreign countries the Yoruba maintained their identity and life blood throughout their religious
convictions and heritage.

Selected Bibliography

Cook, M. (1974) The African Origin of Civilization (Chicago)

Lucas, J. O. (1948) The Religion of the Yorubas (Lagos)

References

Mbiti J.S. (1975) Introduction to African Religion (New York)

Noss, J. B. (1949) Man's Religion (New York: Macmillan)

Wippler, G. M. (1989) Santeria, The Religion (New York)
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by THEMOOR: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2011
Posted by: ROSSIKE

You do realize there is overwhelming evidence of migration from north Africa/Sahara to the west, and central areas of Africa in antiquity?
You do realize that the major groups in Nigeria trace their migratory paths to the north/Saharan and East of Africa in ancient times?
Thus, it is fair to say that a great many present west and central Africans, as well as their diaspora cousins, are descended from ancient Nile Valley inhabitants.

This is so true. Unfortunately Africans and and their diaspora cousins love to play this divisionary game. Many in the diaspra will came they have no connection to the home land. There is much division in Africa also. East claiming they have no connection with west and vice versa. So much ignorance. I am married to an lady from central african and she is completely ignorant of her tribe past. Three yrs ago I went to her village in Africa and talked to the elders there. They told me all they know is that their tribe migranted from noth Africa to escape Islam.

So I am well aware of this migration. Diop wrote books about this long ago and he demostrated this by noting the linguistist simularities between East, Central, and west Africa. One other note which I know many will be upset about is that there was many migrations of Jews out of Egypt into the interior of Africa as well. This occur before and after the fall of ancient Kmt.

Anyways good info Rossike keep it coming.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by kabna(m): 4:01am On Apr 25, 2011
Care to read the book THE AFRICANS WHO WROTE THE BIBLE. It showa clearly linquistically and otherwise that ancient egypt was a black civilisation and their descendants are very much alive today al over sub saharan africa notably Ghana ( with specific tribes like AKan, Ewe, Ga, Hausa), Nigeria (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa) Lembe people in Southern Africa, and others. Wolof speaking people of Senegal and others. Its the racist West that wants to paint ancient egypt as anything except black. and yes the racist present day egyptian arabs also support this theory.

for now I just want to talk about the this symbol in ancient egypt which some egyptologist have deciphered as ANKH meaning Life. Well it goes like this,
This Ancient Egyptian cross is the earliest and most ancient sacred symbol of religion. Egyptologist that believe they have successfully deciphered Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics say it is called the ANKH, meaning LIFE. The meaning is correct, however, that is not what the Ancient Egyptians called it. The original Ancient Egyptian word that Egyptologists tried to decipher was NKWA. The language from which this word originated is Akan and it actually means LIFE. This symbol was the Ancient Egyptian sacred religious symbol that reinforced the cross on which Jesus was crucified, as a sacred Christian symbol. How did this happen? The early Christian Church of Ancient Egypt adopted the NKWA symbol as the symbol of their Church and called it Crux Ansata. From here, it was taken to Rome, and there it became a Christian symbol with only a slight variation in design. The symbol of NWKA below was excavated from the tomb of the Akan King Tutu Ankoma, the boy king of Ancient Egypt whose name Europeans have corrupted to Tutankhamun. He ruled from 1336-1327 B.C." (Nana Banchie Darkwah, Ph.D.). Picture of The NKWA (ANKH-CROSS) -Picture of Akan King Tutu Ankoma-Boy King of Ancient Egypt(Name Europeanized to Tutankhamun)- -Ethnic (Tribal) Groups and Intelligentsia of Ancient Egypt- Nana Darkwah (The Africans Who Wrote The Bible) says that the intelligentsia of Ancient Egypt was headed by such ethnic groups as the Akan, Ewe, Ga-Andangbe, Hausa and Ibo. However, he asserts that the Akan was the main ruling class in Ancient Egypt since the majority of Ancient Egyptian kings had Akan names. He gives an example of the Egyptian king of the fourth dynasty who built the Great Pyramid was "Akuffu" and not "Khuffu". Also, Nana Darkwah gives the correct Akan name of the younger son of Akuffu as "Dade Afre" and not "Djedefra", and his elder son was"Okyere Afre" and not "Chephren". He goes on to cite the western scholars incorrect naming of the Ancient Egyptian city Memphis. He says Memphis was an ancient African city and it is still a modern African city called Mamfe. He says Mamfe is located today in the eastern region of Ghana of the Akuapem people. "These are the people of Ancient Egyptian kings Akuffu, Dade Afre, and Okyere Afre and others" "

now the symbols/pictures

Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by kabna(m): 4:19am On Apr 25, 2011
I have read excerpts of the book : THE AFRICANS WHO WROTE THE BIBLE. INFACT BLACK AFRICANS ARE CLOSELY RELATED. I know of a tribe in ghana Ga. Its is widely known that they came from ancient Isreal through Nigeria ( IFELIFE OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT) then finally Ghana. Infact the former isreali prime minister's name benjamin netenyanhu is actually Ga tribe name from ghana. the two names forming the name netenhaynho names are Natey and Nyaho. Infact in my school days in Ghana, some of my mates had the names Natey and Nyaho as surnames who were from this Ga tribe. I really want to read the book. Its very expensive though. If we as black Africans were not the centre of this civilization, does that mean we had always been at our present location? definately not.we are the ancient egyptians with great ability. We ARE THE REAL JEWS BEEN PERSECUTED.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Rossikk(m): 4:35am On Apr 25, 2011
Interesting info kabna.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by kabna(m): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
this is the cover page of the book, from time to time i will be posting excerpts from the book as i find them.

Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2011
Great. Awaiting. cool
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by kabna(m): 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
Africans Wrote the Bible

The Africans Who Wrote The Bible: Ancient Secrets Africa and Christianity Have Never Told

Judaism is the African way of life. Judaism was the religion developed in Africa by African people. It was adopted and adapted in a similar fashion to the Yoruba Orisha worship (Vodoun, Santeria, Lacumi, Condomble, etc) and is still being co-opted and altered by non-Africans today. To speak of an African influence on Judaism is like speaking of an African influence on Orisha Worship. It is not an African influence. It is still African and represents an African way of life.

Along with Cheikh Anta Diop, Alex Darkwah also traces Ancient Egypt to geographical Africa. Darkwah has DNA on his side; whereas, Diop used archeological artifacts, culture, and documentary text to prove his research. He was still challenged by "Europe" and his findings were labeled "untrue" by the scientific world. Darkwah proves that Africans wrote the Bible even though your personal "King James" Version of the Bible may have pages laced with White Greek characters and distributed throughout the world. I thought that the following excerpts were extremely interesting. A website visitor suggested that I read the Darkwah's book. Thanks to the website reader who suggested that I limit my research to Sub-Saharan Africa. You’ve started a greater quest to delve deeper into Europe's concealment of our history and to shed more light on how the global world exists in its current state.

The word Israel itself is an Akan word (Ghana). Darkwah points to the story of Jacob in Genesis 32:24-29, where the angel renames Jacob calling him Asrae or the European version, Israel. Asrae, Darkwah declares, is not the name of a nation, but instead means "the first one who visited."

According to Darkwah, if you as a Christian question the Bible, you were led by your pastor to believe that you were blaspheming God. Here there is a faith versus reasoning quarrel. Now he has been able to reason into faith. Originally, he just had faith. But, as he learned more, he began to reason himself into faith.

It is almost impossible to understand the significance of many Old Testament events and themes apart from the geographical, cultural, and historical situation that existed during the Old Testament times. First of all, the name “Africa” was given to the Continent by Romans. Africa was also called Kemet, Libya, Ortegia, Corphye, Egypt, Ethiopia and/or Sedan, Olympia, Hesperia, Oceania, and Ta-Merry. The ancient name for Africa was “Akebu-Lan” (mother of mankind) or “Garden of Eden.” This name was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Hadddans (Carthaginians), and Ethiopians. Genesis 10:6-20 describes the descendants of Ham as being located in North Africa, Central Africa and in parts of southern Asia. Psalm 105:23 mentions the "Land of Ham" in Egypt, and Psalm 78:51 connect the "tents of Ham" with Egypt. In Genesis 10, Nimrod, son of Cush (whose name means "black"wink, founded a civilization in Mesopotamia. In Genesis 11, Abraham was from Ur of the Chaldees, a land whose earliest inhabitants included blacks.

Ethiopia and Egypt are mentioned more than any other countries in the Bible. Ethiopia is known in the Bible as Cush. Egypt is known as Mizraim. Mizraim and Cush are two sons of Ham. Mizraim is translated--Egypt and Cush Ethiopia. Many readers of this website have contacted me to argue that Egypt is a land of White people. They write, I know your view is common among African American studies-types, but it doesn't seem to be borne out by historical record. The pharaohs and their priests were certainly not Black. Here goes faith vs. reasoning again. The Romans didn't get to Egypt until 300 BC. We are talking 6000 years before that. There weren't any white people present before the Rome invasion. The original Christianity of Egypt was established by the apostle Mark in AD 42 in Ethiopia (Coptic Church--Coptic Orthodox Christianity). We have been told Christianity came from Rome. Does everything come from Europe? That is what we have led to believe.

LAND OF THE BLACKS--LAND OF THE BIBLE: Ancient Egypt was known indigenously as Kemet (Land of the Blacks). Ancient Egyptians have pinpointed their own ancestral origins to Mount Rwenzori Range in the east African cradle, otherwise known as "Mountains of the Moon." Some accounts state Egyptian civilization came out of Ethiopia, which as a term was used to designate the land south of Egypt (the Upper Nile Valley), or alternatively used to refer to the entire African continent. Chronologically, Egypt’s southern neighbor Nubia, which had its own distinct civilization, was the Nile Valley predecessor.

Jews believe they are God’s Chosen People because of a theological idea the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (known in Biblical times as Israelites, later known as Jews) are the chosen people. It comes from the book of Genesis in which God chooses Abraham and his descendants for a unique covenant. The covenant involved certain obligations on the part of the people and promised certain things on the part of God. European Jews believe this covenant is still in effect today—Jews are still a "chosen people." It may also answer the question why the Jews have been classified White, even with their kinky-bushy hair, swarthy skin, and broadened noses.
The main points of his book are:

Americans and Europeans assume that the Bible is about them, but the Bible is about my ancient ancestors and me…, Alex Darkwah

Modern-day Jews see the Bible as a record of their history because the King James Bible is centered on the history of Israel.

The Jewish people of Europe and America still carry African Tribal names. They carry the names of their ancestors who were Africans.

Statistically, the Lemba people from Southeast Africa are more Jewish than European Jews. In a particular Lemba Clan known as the Buba Clan, 53 percent of the males carry the unique DNA signature of Jewish priests. Males form the Lemba Tribe carry a higher incidence of the Jewish priestly DNA signature than the European and American Jewish population.

When the police have the fingerprints of a wanted man, they know the man whose prints match. The same thing can be said here.

The early Roman Catholic Church portrayed Jesus and his mother in the original Black images of the Jewish people at that time--The Black Madonna. What African tribe were they from?

The time period of the early Catholic Church is closer to the Jews leaving Africa and going to Europe than the Renaissance Painters who painted Jesus White.

What Europe did not count on was that Africans would still know their past.

Darkwah states that ancient Egypt was geographically in Africa and that so called European experts do not know the Ancient Egyptian story because they are not familiar with African tribal names. They do not have the linguistic and cultural backgrounds to identify Egyptian names and have simply transposed the African names of people and places in Ancient Egyptian history into European languages to make it possible for them to claim expertise. Darkwah traces the ancient past of African tribes from the Middle East through Ancient Egypt to inner Africa. He reveals the African tribe that historians gave the fictitious names the Sumerians, Akkadians, and the African Tribes that were the Ancient Egyptians.

Africans are the indigenous Native Hebrews (Jews). The greatest secret of Africa has never been told, and Christian Europe has been seeking to conceal for the past two thousand years is the African origin of the concepts, doctrines, sacramental practices of religion, and the documents that became the foundations of Christianity in Europe. Did you know that the names of Abraham, Isaac, Esau, and Jacob were all derived from African tribal words and names? Did you know that the earliest “Hebrew” name for God, Adonai, was derived from an African tribal word? Did you know that other name of God, Yahweh, was derived from an African tribal God? , Did you know that the names of the authors of the Old Testament are not “Hebrew” or “Jewish” names, but transposed African tribal names? Christian Europe has never known these because it has never known the African linguistic and cultural side of the biblical story.

The indigenous African tribal name of the most popular Ancient Egyptian king the west was Tutu Ankoma—not Tutankhamun. Not only do we know the indigenous African tribal name of this Ancient Egyptian king, but we also know where the modern dynasty of his ancient dynasty is today. We know in Africa that the Ancient Egyptian king who built the middle pyramid in Giza was called Akufu and not Khufu as the experts have told us. We also know that his two sons completed the procession of pyramids and placed a lion in the front of the procession. These sons were Dade Afre and not Djedefra as the experts transposed this name; and his brother was Ochere Afre and not Chephren as the experts have told us. The modern dynasty of these ancient kings is the Akuapem Dynasty that can be found today in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Conservatives, liberals, and all in between can go to check these people out and verify the royal names among these people.

The book is about the Africans who wrote the Bible as well as Ancient Egypt. It is the untold story of the African tribes that were the Ancient Egyptians. It is the untold story of the people from these African tribes that left Ancient Egypt for it to become the biblical Exodus. It is about the untold story of these people that later went to Europe to become the Jews and Hebrews. It is about untold story of the Africans who actually wrote the documents of the Bible before Afrim (Jewish) scholars translated these documents for the Greeks in Ancient Egypt and claimed that their people in Israel wrote those documents.

We in Africa even know the indigenous African tribal name of the people of the Exodus before they went to Europe to become the Jews and Hebrews. A review of a DNA study of Jewish people African tribes discovered one of the African tribes from which some of the people of the Exodus originated. Check it out in the New York Times of May 9, 1999. What does this prove? It proves the Ancient Egyptian and biblical stories were all Black people’s stories.

The Ancient Egyptians were Black people and their modern descendants are alive and well in Africa. Real evidence of the modern descendants of the Ancient Egyptians in the tribes of Africa and the language and culture these people left behind in Ancient Egypt is the most powerful evidence there is about the Black racial origin of the Ancient Egyptians.

In the 1960's and 1970's there were Jewish scholars who were secretly traveling around Africa researching African Tribes to find out from which tribe they belonged. They studied the Akan Religion of the Asante people to find out the similarities between Judaism and Christianity. The word Israel was derived from an African Tribal meaning. Most "Jewish" people still carry their African Tribal names of origin.

The Sinai peninsula is clearly in Africa and is where the Israelites claim to receive their oral and written law. Geologically speaking all of the adjacent Arabian peninsula clear up to Syria is part of the African continent. The Great Rift Valley extends from Mozambique to Syria. The continental drift of tectonics shows the Arabian plate breaking off from the continent and colliding into the Asian plate to create the mountain ranges of Turkey and Armenia (University of Moscow).

POLITICAL PALACE: Original Hebrews Were Black

(Submitted by: R. Mosley)

To Judah, B Real & the rest of my already racially enlightened Brothers & Sisters in this forum, I just want to warn you that most so-called White Jews with genuine Hebrew bloodlines are not ready to accept neither the fact that their Hebrew origins/bloodlines are Black, nor the fact that all of Mankind descended from the so-called Negroid Race.

I once had a Jewish online "friend" that was just the sweetest thing this side of Heaven until I hit him with the news that his curly hair & dusky features were genetic indicators of his Negroid decent. He freaked out on me in such an ugly fashion that it reminded me of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.

You see the stigma attached to being Black is so unpalatable for some folks that it causes them to spazz. But, according to Jim Crow, Willy Lynch, the government, the Catholic Church, European standards, etc, despite appearances to the contrary caused by recessive genes, if there is one drop of Black blood in your lineage you are considered Black.

Elaborate caste systems were created by "society" for mulattoes, quadroons, octoroons, (Jews), etc. Which explains why so many people of color are still stuck, "color struck" in their slave mentalities today. Light vs. darker complexions meant certain privileges.

But Negroid Jewish ancestry has been a well-known, documented, & accepted fact among educated Caucasians for centuries. Famed scholars, historians, philosophers, scientists, archaeologists, have been known to refer to Jews as sand niggers, mongrels, & other semi Negroid terms.

Such mentality helped to justify their indentured enslavement/employment and use as tax collectors, accountants, bankers, money lenders, overseers, financial watch dogs, slum landlords, foremen, etc to keep track of money for the conquering elite, which included the Romans, then much later & now, the British.

Which is why Austrian born Hitler had little problem victimizing them as he masterminded the German Revolution known as the Holocaust. The German people were sick of working for slave wages in their own highly industrialized nation under the leadership of Jewish watchdogs while their resources were being commandeered & pocketed by the British. Since they couldn't reach the Brits, (as usual) they attacked the emissaries (overseers).

Over the centuries, due to the race mixing among the Pharisees & Sadducees with the conquering Romans & Asiatic peoples the bloodlines & semi-Negroid (mongrel/chop suey) appearances of the Hebrews & Arabs evolved to become what we see today.

By polite social standards, Yeshua was considered a Black bastard…a militant rebel, of lowly birth that did not meet the social nor political criteria required to be The Messiah.

I guess that when you have been raised to feel smugly & condescendingly superior to someone not even considered HUE-MAN then find yourself in the same boat it is rather mind blowing. When folks prefer to live in a state of denial, their minds are reprobated & they will not be moved. They will twist your words, intentionally take things out of context, and vilify you in an effort to hold onto their delusions of superiority rather than embrace the Black Man as "brother", or equal. Cain will continue to destroy Abel until God's day of reckoning.

When asked by Whites what difference does it make whether Jesus was black or White, I simply smile & reply, If it doesn't make any difference, why did you make Him white? Can YOU handle the Truth?

The Physical Appearance of Ancient Israel
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by merge(f): 4:47am On Sep 15, 2011
Awesome Thread.

I wonder if there been a book written about the connection between Igbo Traditional religion, Odinani, and the ancient Egyptian religion. Even a mention in a book. I know there must be. I want to practice our real religion. Anyone?
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by tlops(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
revived!
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by resw77: 4:00am On Jan 19, 2012
It's so funny how the media and racist historians indoctrinate people with the SAME images of the fake Nefertiti bust, the fake Nofret and Rahotep and the image of Liz Taylor as Cleopatra, over and over again, as if there was no one else in KMT's 5000 year+ history!

The fact is that there are more images of Amenhotep III and Queen Tiye, who are undeniably African, than any other leaders in KMT's history, yet the media and history books NEVER show them, never!!! This is propaganda to the highest degree!
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 10:14am On Jan 19, 2012
Heh. I regret my earlier comments in this thread (under the moniker PhysicsMHD). They may have given the impression that I believed that the ancient Egyptians were not originally a black African people, which is not the case. They were black originally or at least the earliest groups were, but they were one of those Sudanic/North African/East African black groups that often have so-called "Caucasian" features that arise naturally from the genetic diversity of that area.

I should point out that Egypt had a fundamentally unique and different culture and history from West African cultures, and claiming them as being of the same "race" (race is a social construct, more or less invented (or most greatly promoted) by Europeans, not a real biological concept) does not have any effect on the "glory" or "greatness" of one's own West African ancestors. Claiming them as being technically "black" (although often with so-called "Caucasian" features) is more of a semi-counter to western propaganda than a statement with any direct relevance to West Africans' own history. The same Egyptians that everyone is so interested in would have looked down on West Africans had they ever encountered them, just like they looked down on the Nubians and most of their other neighbors.

@ Resw77, Cleopatra was of Greek descent. She was white. The reason for the promotion of Cleopatra probably has more to do with her turbulent and tumultuous political history than her whiteness. She was an inherently interesting character about which there is a lot of surviving information.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by resw77: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
@PhysicsQED

It is your opinion that Cleopatra was white (I could care less, bc she didn't do anything of significance, and there are far more images of Queen Tiye than Cleopatra or any other woman in Kemet). I don't deny Cleopatra's Macedonian thieving ancestry, however HER MOTHER WAS AFRICAN , http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/also_in_the_news/7945333.stm

If you knew anything about "Egyptian" culture, which you clearly do not, then you'd know that there are many similarities between it and cultures ALL ACROSS AFRICA, "Egyptian culture" however is the complete opposite of your ancient European cultures

If you knew anything about West African history (and archaeology), which you clearly do not, then you'd know that they migrated from East Africa (most of whom after the invasion of Kemet by Greeks, Romans, Persians, etc.). People like you are so desperate to claim Africa's history, you will fabricate anything, !
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by resw77: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
@PhysicsQED
"Nubians" (an invented word by fake "Egyptologists"wink were depicted on the walls of Kemet WITHOUT any "Caucasian features" (whatever that means). And they were most often depicted with leopard skins, ostrich feathers and gold, (important symbols to the ancient people of Kemet), they were not "looked down on" by anyone. Maybe you should research more before engaging in such stupid notions.

Just because certain leaders went to war with certain "Nubians" in the short Ramesside era, does not mean they were ever "looked down on." If you took the time to read the texts that they wrote, you'd see that the reason for such wars was due to the "Nubians''" rebellion against certain Ramesside leaders (and alliance with foreigners from Eurasia).

Now, the Eurasians were definitely "looked down on" by the people of Kemet, would you like some specific quotes to prove it?
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
First off, I'm not white. I'm Nigerian. What is your ethnicity anyway and why are you so interested in Egypt?

Second, my opinion that she was "white" was based on her appearance: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/6357311.stm

There are other opinions, of course: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1095043/Sorry-Liz-THIS-real-face-Cleopatra.html\

But the truth is that her (Cleopatra's) legitimate mother is not actually known. And for the record, the article you posted means nil. Princess Arsinoe was her half-sister and only had the same father, but is known not to have had the same mother. Whoever her mother was, it wasn't the same woman who birthed Arsinoe. Could be African, could be something else. Not particularly clear yet.

As for where the Egyptians migrated from, what would that have to do with West African history (and archaeology)? Try and actually think before you post.

I don't debate idiots, so don't confuse me for someone who's interested in debating lazy individuals like yourself on the issue of Egyptian racial identity. I merely pointed out that the promotion of Cleopatra probably has much more to do with her tumultuous and controversial life than her appearance. I've already given my opinions on Egypt here:    https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191038.416.html#msg9231930

But what I don't care for is all this Egyptian-worship, sometimes from people who I haven't seen post anything in depth about their own cultures, when these same Egyptians, while they were around, wouldn't have cared about anything but Egyptians.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
If you knew anything about "Egyptian" culture, which you clearly do not, then you'd know that there are many similarities between it and cultures ALL ACROSS AFRICA, "Egyptian culture" however is the complete opposite of your ancient European cultures

There are similarities between many cultures. I'm talking about more than just similarities, however. When I look at virtually any West African culture I see a totally different and unique cultural matrix and worldview. Whatever similarities might exist, these are fundamentally unique and distinct cultures and they do not owe their major cultural ideas and practices to Egypt.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by resw77: 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
First, my background is irrelevant in this conversation. And you are right not to try to debate me, because you will lose, I know history much better than you, which is apparent by the comments you've posted on this page (I don't care to see rubbish that you've posted elsewhere)

Read your own ignorant statements, like: "white based on her appearance" which is SUBJECTIVE, and Cleopatra's "legitimate mother is not actually known" yet you call her Arsinoe's "half sister", How the hell can you make such a statement if YOU don't know Cleopatra's mother LOL

As I said, if you knew anything about your own West African history, then you'd know that West Africans migrated from East Africa, just like all humanity. Please provide proof otherwise!

"whatever similarities might exist, these are fundamentally unique and distinct cultures and they do not owe their major cultural ideas and practices to Egypt"--that is another of your opinions (not fact). It is documented history that the people of Kemet traveled and settled all over the world 5000+ years ago, whether you know it or not. Then after the fall of Kemet to the Greeks, Romans and Persians, large waves moved throughout Africa (including to the West). To suggest no Kemetic influence is just plain foolish.

I'm not negating any distinguishing attributes that many West African cultures have, but the influence of Kemet (which is but a culmination of East Central African culture and knowledge) INFLUENCED not just West Africa but the entire world.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 7:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kid (you are obviously a child), you've got me misread completely, but I'll humor you. I wanted to know your background, because I'm usually disappointed when I see Nigerian Egypt-freaks, obsessing over Egypt, but with a very limited range of knowledge about their own cultures. But if you're from some other group, it might be more excusable if you know so little of your own culture that you have to start obsessing over Egypt. There is a lot written about the majority of the different Nigerian cultures, however, so it's not really excusable for a Nigerian to obsess over Egypt while not gaining knowledge about his own culture and history.

1. Now on Cleopatra, let's take this logically.

a) Cleopatra was in Rome at one point (that is not opinion).

b) The Romans were perfectly capable of depicting her as non-Caucasian looking (as F. Snowden showed with his work on depictions of Africans in Greece and Rome), but they completely failed to do this or even note her supposedly non-white appearance.

c) The claim that Arsinoe had a so-called "African skeleton" as stated in that article you posted is conjecture and is no doubt based on ignorant European stereotypes about black African physical characteristics, not unlike those that led European researchers to claim that so-called "Caucasoid" physical features on certain Egyptian skeletons could not be black African, when some East Africans have those features naturally without admixture with outside groups.

d) A simple search turns up the following information on Arsinoe:

"The skull was lost in Germany during World War II. However, Hilke Thuer examined the old notes and photographs of the now-missing skull,[16][17] and concluded that it shows signs of an admixture of African and Egyptian ancestry mixed with classical Grecian features[8] – despite the fact that Boas, Gravlee, Bernard and Leonard and others have demonstrated that skull measurements are not a reliable indicator of race.[18][19] Afrocentrists have accordingly claimed that Cleopatra VII was black, in spite of the facts that:

The skeleton is not proven to be that of Arsinoe;

The shape of the skull is no indicator of a person's race;"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsinoe_IV_of_Egypt

But I"m sure you'll counter that pseudo-scientific racial-cranial classifications made up by ill-informed dead European "scholars" are indeed a valid basis to claim that Arsinoe was part African. Of course, to resort to such a silly argument would be subtly undermining your whole purpose, so if you have a brain you won't go this route.

2. "As I said, if you knew anything about your own West African history, then you'd know that West Africans migrated from East Africa, just like all humanity.  Please provide proof otherwise!"

When did I say that West Africans didn't migrate from East Africa?  That West Africans migrated from East Africa thousands of years ago has almost no bearing on the fact that the cultures West Africans developed are very distinct from those in Eastern and Southern Africa. Most of you Egypt freaks don't know much about the non-Egyptian African cultures in detail, so I understand why you would be silly enough to suggest that an early migration from a certain place thousands of years before these West African kingdoms and communities were even established would make that place the total source of their culture.

3. "that is another of your opinions (not fact).  It is documented history that the people of Kemet traveled and settled all over the world 5000+ years ago, whether you know it or not."

Give a complete breakdown on the influence of Egypt's cultural ideas and practices on those of specific West African cultures (that is, if you know anything about the cultural ideas, beliefs and practices of any West African cultures).

I don't give a damn where they traveled to in 3000 B.C. or earlier, since the West African cultures I am talking about do not date to 3000 B.C. or earlier and are separated from that time period by millennia.

If you had at least referenced a later period of time, you would have a more cogent argument.

4. "To suggest no Kemetic influence is just plain foolish."

And where did I claim no Egyptian influence? What's wrong with you?

The cultural ideas and practices of West African cultures are overwhelmingly West African. I am aware of Egypt-West Africa links, so don't get out your soapbox for all that. I'm making a point about why West Africans (Nigerians are included in this set) shouldn't be Egypt-obsessed.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2012
PhysicsQED:

But what I don't care for is all this Egyptian-worship, sometimes from people who I haven't seen post anything in depth about their own cultures, when these same Egyptians, while they were around, wouldn't have cared about anything but Egyptians.              

Excellent point. It is a shame though, that most of Africa still lack the strong institutions to unearth and safeguard the local histories in a way that modern Egypt/Italy/Greece/China/India/Mexico/Peru etc. . .  can. Ethiopia, Mali, Kenya and Zimbabwe to an extent are making strides though.

But Nigeria, which has so much local history is not doing well I feel. Places like the fortifications of the old cities like Benin(among others) are being lost because there is no one to really care for them. Religious places however, fair better(the ones that still exist anyway). Either way it is such a shame people are busy focusing on Egypt when there is still so much to be discovered. Maybe the proceeds for all these books about black Egyptians and even Israelites actually goes to Archeology in Sub Saharan Africa but I doubt it.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
resw,

You obviously believe the Nubians and Egyptians were the same people, and that the distinction between them is an artificial creation by Western historians. Fine. I've already come across that claim before (on egyptsearch and elsewhere) and I was never convinced by it. Let's agree to disagree on that. I think (from what I've read by Bruce Williams) that the Nubians were a rival civilization even older than Egypt and that because the locus of power shifted northwards to Egypt and stayed there for so long, the Nubians were written off as imitators of Egypt by later historians until the archaeology of Kerma and work by Williams on Qustul came out. I think more and more archaeology will establish that the Nubian civilization is older and the source for a significant part of Egyptian culture. But some of the kind of claims about Egypt (not Nubia/Ta-Seti) I read from some Afrocentrists, such as the stuff about Cleopatra being black are embarrassing in their desperation and bizarreness. And I think Egypt had non-black North African elements in its society from very early times, not just black Africans. I think I remember reading or watching something by S.O.Y. Keita on this a while back.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
http://knol.google.com/k/peopling-of-the-nile-valley#

^^^^
An interesting compilation of information there, for anyone interested in a northeast African society.

Those interested in West African cultures can check out the culture section of this forum, where there are a few threads about certain West African societies.
Re: Tomb Art From Ancient Egypt: A Black African Civilization (pics) by resw77: 2:26am On Jan 22, 2012
You've been proven wrong repeatedly, so attempt to justify your answers with irrelevant notions (and name-calling, LOL).

1) If you could read , I earlier stated, "I don't deny Cleopatra's Macedonian thieving ancestry" so why are you debating me about her whiteness? All I did was point out that her mother was African, which is more likely than not, if you knew anything about the Ptolemaic dynasty and ancient Kemet's royal bloodline. I also said that she's an "insignificant" figure in Kemet's history who appeared after the conquest and made no great contributions, and she's not worthy of any discussion.

2) Yes, you clearly stated its distinction and minimized its connection to Kemet, which I proved to be inaccurate due to waves of migration from the Nile valley at different parts of history, including most recently in AD times, AFTER THE FALL of Kemet to the Eurasians (which you conveniently seem to disregard) and as late as 650 AD, following the first Islamic invasion.

3) The similarities are too much to list here, but one example is that some Akan peoples have matrilineal customs, practice circumcision, use the leopard skin in the craft, use the carved headrest, believe in an incommunicable & all powerful god who manifests through nature, just like the Ancient Kemetians, need more examples?

Concerning your comments on the "Nubians." First, the word, "Nubian" was invented by modern "Egyptologists" to describe the very stereotypically African features that appear throughout Kemet. The word, "Nubia" was a geographic term invented by cartographers in the 1500s. Please show me some evidence where any so-called ancient "Egyptian" distinguished themselves from so-called "Nubians" (and better yet, please find just one instance of the term "Nubian" in any ancient kemetic text).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex. Pics. / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made / Nigerian Military Unleashes Full Weaponry Against Boko Haram (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.