Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? (29188 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2016
wirinet:
Kingebuka is being dishonest as usual. The question is dead on arrival.
Now let me ask counter questions;
How many known atheists do you known during the medieval period?

How many atheists can live to tell the public they were atheists during the medieval era?

How many heretics ( people who question church doctrines ) were killed during the medieval age? For God sake it was only recently in 1992 that the catholic church apologized for persecuting Galelio Galelei for simply saying the earth resolves around the sun against church doctrines, and you expected someone to announce that God does not exist?

Most of the so called Christians did not make scientific research and breakthrough because of Christian doctrines, but because they went against Christian doctrines. Even if they had atheist thiughts, they dare not announce it.

All these are cavils honestly - I proved so on this very page , see my responses to weah96 .

Which Christrian doctrines exactly were gone against ?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by CoolUsername: 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

*** holds laff . Over 3 000 views and 15 pages of comments . The aim of this thread has been achieved but you guys are blind or not smart at all to see that . It was never about the argument ... Hehe hehe .

Dude, you're a grown man. Comments and likes on a social forum just don't count for much in the real world. Fine, your thread was popular. You have a lot of popular threads. Congratulations, but do they ever make much sense? That's another story, you rehash arguments that have been defeated several times and churn out logical fallacious like it's your job.

You'll probably come back to revive this thread sometime later in order to milk more views but that would never make it a quality post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
CoolUsername:

Dude, you're a grown man. Comments and likes on a social forum just don't count for much in the real world. Fine, your thread was popular. You have a lot of popular threads. Congratulations, but do they ever make much sense? That's another story, you rehash arguments that have been defeated several times and churn out logical fallacious like it's your job.

You'll probably come back to revive this thread sometime later in order to milk more views but that would never make it a quality post.

And yet again he misses the idea - I'm glad you did . Pheew ! . And no , I won't tell you how and why .

You atheists are angry at this thread and all you did was to attempt to detract the quality of this thread but it never worked .

It's like the popular card trick - you are busy watching the left hand while the magic is happening at the right .
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
I'm still waiting for the prominent achievements made by atheists for 1 000 years - 5th and 15th century .

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by oaroloye(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
SHALOM!

felixomor:

Abeg, which book u dey read? shocked

More than 20 years' Research.

Nothing funny about it.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13am On Oct 02, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

More than 20 years' Research.

Nothing funny about it.

20 years ? shocked shocked
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by JackBizzle: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Truth!!!

Guy, you should be a prophet.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Truth!!!

Guy, you should be a prophet.

The dude goes to every Christian thread making the same claim - our posts are not quality or they are fallacious . Have you noticed that he never points out these logical fallacies or prove that the thread indeed lacks quality ? grin

It should tell you a lot about him wink

Anyway , its fallacious to ridicule people's argument - its called pooh-pooh .

Most times I point out logical fallacies in an argument , with the appropriate names of those fallacies . You guys hardly or never do such .
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by JackBizzle: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The dude goes to every Christian thread making the same claim - our posts are not quality or they are fallacious . Have you noticed that he never points out these logical fallacies or prove that the thread indeed lacks quality ? grin

It should tell you a lot about him wink

Anyway , its fallacious to ridicule people's argument - its called pooh-pooh .

Most times I point out logical fallacies in an argument , with the appropriate names of those fallacies . You guys hardly or never do such .

Sharrap!

You are projecting your folly on him.

You go to every thread and post these fallacious nonsense-
-Atheism is communism, hence atheism killed million of people
-North Korea, Soviet Russia and Communist Vietnam (2 of those govts do not exist anymore) are the best examples of atheistic countries
-Atheism is a religion
-Atheists have no morality
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 1:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Sharrap!

-North Korea, Soviet Russia and Communist Vietnam (2 of those govts do not exist anymore) are the best examples of atheistic countries
-Atheism is a religion

Remind him that China and Russia are still communist countries today.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by JackBizzle: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
Weah96:

Remind him that China and Russia are still communist countries today.

Russia is not communist anymore.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Russia is not communist anymore.

Huh, they're calling it a dictatorship or totalitarianism. Somebody missed me with the memo. I've been under the impression that they still were communists. There is no free press and no political opponents. The government assassinates journalists in the streets like dogs.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by JackBizzle: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Weah96:

Huh, they're calling it a dictatorship or totalitarianism. Somebody missed me with the memo. I've been under the impression that they still were communists. There is no free press and no political opponents. The government assassinates journalists in the streets like dogs.

Yes, dictatorship but not communist
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Sharrap!

-Atheism is a religion

King of strawman , so you have arrived eh ?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Yes, dictatorship but not communist

I stand corrected.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
Akintom
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by jonbellion(m): 12:20am On Nov 21, 2016
What kind of a thread is this
Why did people even comment
So this boy you can stoop so low
How would you be an outspoken athiest in the middle ages
What kind of imbecilic argument is this
*facepalm*
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:31am On Nov 21, 2016
jonbellion:
What kind of a thread is this
Why did people even comment
So this boy you can stoop so low
How would you be an outspoken athiest in the middle ages
What kind of imbecilic argument is this
*facepalm*

Young man , there were outspoken atheists in the middle ages . I had to post their names to save the atheists the embarrassment . You just reiterated what have been said and of course it was refuted . There were so many interesting arguments made here - so take your time .

Plus if you study the origin of atheism , there were "atheists" during the time of Ancient Greeks . "Atheists' is in quote because those who were seen as atheists actually rejected the gods worshiped by the larger society . And we all know that the deists also reject gods who were worshiped . So deists were called atheists which is sad and pathetic .
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by jonbellion(m): 1:03am On Nov 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Young man , there were outspoken atheists in the middle ages . I had to post their names to save the atheists the embarrassment . You just reiterated what have been said and of course it was refuted . There were so many interesting arguments made here - so take your time .

Plus if you study the origin of atheism , there were "atheists" during the time of Ancient Greeks . "Atheists' is in quote because those who were seen as atheists actually rejected the gods worshiped by the larger society . And we all know that the deists also reject gods who were worshiped . So deists were called atheists which is sad and pathetic .
the argument was still unfair
Especially when the hub of discovery was Europe and the middle east at the time. And atheism didn't really start to gain grounds until the age of enlightenment.
There were almost zero prominent athiest achievements. A lot if people weren't athiests at the time
Even people that weren't christians practised other religions or belief systems in secret in fear of the catholic church. Not to mention during the end of the medivial period you wont want to be caught preaching heretical doctrines or doctrines that were against the church before the inquisition your ass
Would Richard Dawkins have survived
He'd have had his skin flayed and impaled on a spike through his anus. Her be impaled in such a way that his vital.organs wont be hit and he'd die slowly
Or he'd have been stretched to the point of cracking his bones
The medivial ages in Europe was a bad time to not be a christian not only athiests
in general
The athiests could have never survived this
And you knew it
But you went along with the thread anyway huh
I award you the scumbag hat

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by JackBizzle: 3:15am On Nov 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

undecided

I will now be ignoring your posts.

I mean, how can someone be so deliberately be so silly? Origin of atheism with ancient Greeks?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 8:52am On Nov 21, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Young man , there were outspoken atheists in the middle ages . I had to post their names to save the atheists the embarrassment . You just reiterated what have been said and of course it was refuted . There were so many interesting arguments made here - so take your time..
old man..and how many can you name?
Millions?
Thousands?

what a shame!
Old man..even the christians were regarded as atheists by the greeks...
So what point are you trying to prove?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by raphieMontella: 8:55am On Nov 21, 2016
jonbellion:
the argument was still unfair
Especially when the hub of discovery was Europe and the middle east at the time. And atheism didn't really start to gain grounds until the age of enlightenment.
There were almost zero prominent athiest achievements. A lot if people weren't athiests at the time
Even people that weren't christians practised other religions or belief systems in secret in fear of the catholic church. Not to mention during the end of the medivial period you wont want to be caught preaching heretical doctrines or doctrines that were against the church before the inquisition your ass
Would Richard Dawkins have survived
He'd have had his skin flayed and impaled on a spike through his anus. Her be impaled in such a way that his vital.organs wont be hit and he'd die slowly
Or he'd have been stretched to the point of cracking his bones
The medivial ages in Europe was a bad time to not be a christian not only athiests
in general
The athiests could have never survived this
And you knew it
But you went along with the thread anyway huh
I award you the scumbag hat
outright dishonesty brother...
I even know a lot of atheists who were killed because of it..
I have laws outlawing atheism in those days..
Laws infringing/slashing the rights of atheists...
Even books which atheists wrote to publish were burnt and forbidden to be read by the public(put on index)...
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2016
MrMontella , Jonbellion

https://www.nairaland.com/2940727/atheism-ancient-roots-not-modern

The link above though cool
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by JackBizzle: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
MrMontella , Jonbellion

Whats your point? We all know that atheism is old....older than your religion.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by MrMontella(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

i wonder..
I dont understand his point.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by MrMontella(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
MrMontella , Jonbellion

ebuka...i will only take whatever point you're trying to prove with that link serious...if you can disprove this fact..
raphieMontella:

outright dishonesty brother...
I even know a lot of atheists who were killed because of it..
I have laws outlawing atheism in those days..
Laws infringing/slashing the rights of atheists...
Even books which atheists wrote to publish were burnt and forbidden to be read by the public(put on index)...
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

How did this elude you ? You just proved my point . So what did those atheists achieve Care to tell us .
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
MrMontella:

ebuka...i will only take whatever point you're trying to prove with that link serious...if you can disprove this fact..

All these were discussed on this thread . There are so many parts of the world Atheists were which were not affected by the Inquisition , please what were their prominent achievements ?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by MrMontella(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

All these were discussed on this thread . There are so many parts of the world Atheists were which were not affected by the Inquisition , please what were their prominent achievements ?
they were not discussed anything...
other parts of the world?..
Really?..okay Care to tell me how many atheists you know from nigeria in 947?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
MrMontella:

they were not discussed anything...
other parts of the world?..
Really?..okay Care to tell me how many atheists you know from nigeria in 947?

I'm sure my response disconcerted you .

I posted a link to prove that atheism has been for aeons , so if you know any achievement by the atheists during that time please tell me .

The hellenic polytheists made prominent achievements and there were atheists during the worship of the Greek gods .

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

The Unrevealed Truth Of The Antichrist / Bishop Oyedepo: 'Nigeria Not Fulani Republic' / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.