Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? (29374 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
oglalasioux:
Science was actually promoted by people who were ready to rebel against religion.

Copernicus and Kepler actually hid most of what they found out about the universe for fear of the church. Prior to this, the general belief was that the earth was the center of the universe.

Galileo will later put a nail on this when he invented the first space telescope. He died under house arrest for confirming the ideas of Copernicus about the nature of the universe which is a total opposite of what religion has taught over the ages.

Newton came under great attacks and was accused of occultism because of his experiments with elements. The church nearly ostracized him from society.

Though Faraday and Maxwell were devout Christians they too came under attack for daring to explain the phenomenon of thunder and lightning and duplicating them here on earth.

The Indian and Arabic mathematicians that the world owe most of the system of measurement actually built their knowledge from Egyptian and Babylonian philosophers who existed thousands of years before the Abrahamic religions.

Religion, especially Christianity, actually wanted to decimate science and free thinking if not for the bravery of Galileo Galilei who refused to back down about the truth of the real nature of our universe.

Enough of those dirty lies .... I'm still waiting for the prominent achievements made by at the atheists during the medieval era .

Let me drop one fact because loads of them will come later : Medieval [size=14pt]Catholic[/size] mathematicians and philosophers such as John Buridan, Nicole Oresme and Roger Bacon were founders of modern science

cc : Strawman

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hahn(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Does this nonsense look familiar : " Christianity hindered development " "Religion stops us from thinking" "Christians within the medieval age stopped knowledge from increasing "

That's why I want to know what atheism or atheists achieved during that time .

Atheists dare not voice their opinions in public in order to resist being hanged by "peaceful" Christians. So it is safe to say that they all kept their personal opinions to themselves.

Europe experienced "the dark age" under the jurisdiction of the church. Why is that? Why wasn't there a record of economic growth during the age that was ruled with the bible?

You make it sound like the medieval age was a period of great scientific discovery or any profound leap in the history of mankind.

Dark Ages is an imprecise term of historical periodization which was once used to refer to the Middle Ages but is latterly most commonly used in relation to the early Mediaeval period: ie. the centuries following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Weah96: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmaoo ... please stay on the topic bro . No digressions smiley

Are you okay? How do you know that your Christians WERE Christians? Your claim must be supplemented by evidence showing their sinlessness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by oglalasioux(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Enough of those dirty lies .... I'm still waiting for the prominent achievements made by at the atheists during the medieval era .

Let me drop one fact because loads of them will come later : Medieval [size=14pt]Catholic[/size] mathematicians and philosophers such as John Buridan, Nicole Oresme and Roger Bacon were founders of modern science

Please read Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose. I think your opinion about Roger Bacon will change. All these people you mentioned have the fears of burning at the stake if they came out as atheists. This shows you that religion's blackmail didn't start today. To really know what scientists were actually thinking about religion vis a vis the threat to their life if they said anything bad about religion, read the book I mentioned above and James Michener's The Source.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Atheists dare not voice their opinions in public in order to resist being hanged by "peaceful" Christians. So it is safe to say that they all kept their personal opinions to themselves.

Europe experienced "the dark age" under the jurisdiction of the church. Why is that? Why wasn't there a record of economic growth during the age that was ruled with the bible?

You make it sound like the medieval age was a period of great scientific discovery or any profound leap in the history of mankind.

Bro enough of this rigmarole and provide names for the topic .

Here are Christians who contributed to science and technology within that period

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

These are people who made prominent achievements and these are the people whom you excoriate and mock . Its the second page of comment and you have not mentioned just 1 atheist who made any reasonable contribution .

Christians laid the foundation of modern science and it was done in the medevial age . The little contribution atheist scientists have made can never be compared to what Christians did and are doing .

Enough of these dumb claims you people make . Full of lies and deceit angry

But I have a solution ...

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
oglalasioux:
Science was actually promoted by people who were ready to rebel against religion.

Copernicus and Kepler actually hid most of what they found out about the universe for fear of the church. Prior to this, the general belief was that the earth was the center of the universe.

Galileo will later put a nail on this when he invented the first space telescope. He died under house arrest for confirming the ideas of Copernicus about the nature of the universe which is a total opposite of what religion has taught over the ages.

Newton came under great attacks and was accused of occultism because of his experiments with elements. The church nearly ostracized him from society.

Though Faraday and Maxwell were devout Christians they too came under attack for daring to explain the phenomenon of thunder and lightning and duplicating them here on earth.

The Indian and Arabic mathematicians that the world owe most of the system of measurement actually built their knowledge from Egyptian and Babylonian philosophers who existed thousands of years before the Abrahamic religions.

Galileo, Faraday and Maxwell were Christians nau, how does this relate to the topic? How does this tell us what atheists achieved in the middle ages?

modified: Wait oh! Even Copernicus, Kepler and Isaac Newton were Christians/theists sef. LOL guy behave yourself oh! Behave yourself and stay on topic!

oglalasioux:
Religion, especially Christianity the corrupt Christians, actually wanted to decimate science and free thinking if not for the bravery of Galileo Galilei who refused to back down about the truth of the real nature of our universe.

Christianity does not support the act of decimating or attacking anybody for free thinking. Stop using the people who pervert religion to meet their own purposes to define Christianity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
oglalasioux:

Please read Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose. I think your opinion about Roger Bacon will change. All these people you mentioned have the fears of burning at the stake if they came out as atheists. This shows you that religion's blackmail didn't start today. To really know what scientists were actually thinking about religion vis a vis the threat to their life if they said anything bad about religion, read the book I mentioned above and James Michener's The Source.

Lmao ... what kind of dumb stupid claims are these . There have been atheists existing from the beginining of the world and they acheived nothing and the ones who are Christians are being called atheists . grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Strawman: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro the number of off-topic points that have been brought into this thread is amazing. cheesy
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:
Atheism was invented during the french revolution. Before that, theywere part of the church. And you wonder why the church went through the dark ages... undecided
Invented?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:
KingEbukasBlog the topic should be changed to "What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheism During The Medieval Age?"

Reason:

People can have individual achievements, as long as it wasn't motivated by atheism, whoever they list here would not matter.

What an atheist has achieved is somehow different from what atheism has achieved, what a Christian has achieved is somehow different from what Christianity has achieved...etc

I dunno if you catch my drift. smiley
Now this is a very sensible comment. Change atheism to theism and atheists to theists in your statement and see how many answers you'd come up with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Strawman:

Bro the number of off-topic points that have been brought into this thread is amazing. cheesy

As in !!! It shows you how ignorant and desperate they are
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Now this is a very sensible comment. Change atheism to theism and atheists to theists in your statement and see how many answers you'd come up with.

At strawman , then we should create a thread for that see lots of inputs . We can now compare . What do you guys think ? It would still acheive the same goal - exposing the false claims and lies atheists tell
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Invented?

Clearly invented. At first, it was called "the religion of reason".
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hopefulLandlord: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
These topics reeks of ignorance

Question: how many atheists do you know of in the medieval age?

Mention them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

Clearly invented. At first, it was called "the religion of reason".
Invented by whom?
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Mention them

Strawman , naijadeyhere

You guys remember when atheists called us ignorant and posted an article explaining that there were numerous atheists from the beginning of the world . Since atheism is all about logic and reason , why didn't those atheists do anything Why didn't they accomplish anything . Like I told Kay17 , atheists are the least distinguished ab initio mundi

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

At strawman , then we should create a thread for that see lots of inputs . We can now compare . What do you guys think ? It would still acheive the same goal - exposing the false claims and lies atheists tell
SMH
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Mention them
Ignorance and dishonesty.

2 Likes

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
I have never seen so many diversionary comments in one topic for a long time.

The OP asked an extremely simple question but see them rambling on about those things that utterly unrelated to thr OP.

Chai...strawman change your moniker o

1 Like

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Strawman , naijadeyhere

You guys remember when atheists called us ignorant and posted an article explaining that there were numerous atheists from the beginning of the world . Since atheism is all about logic and reason , why didn't those atheists do anything Why didn't they accomplish anything . Like I told Kay17 , atheists are the least distinguished ab initio mundi

They quickly forget their own claims when proof is requested. Kikikikikikiki lwtmb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:
I have never seen so many diversionary comments in one topic for a long time.

The OP asked an extremely simple question but see them rambling on about those things that utterly unrelated to thr OP.

Chai...strawman change your moniker o

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hopefulLandlord: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Oh! Sheet!!!

Atheists never achieved anything?

That's enough reason to leave atheism for me, how is it that people like me never achieved anything in the medieval ages? An age when declaring atheism is next to impossible due to fear for one's life? An age when even theists themselves were almost killed for certain discoveries?

I'd better turn theist so I can achieve something in the medieval age

My main reason, and all atheists' main reason for becoming atheists is for us to lay claim to achievements in the medieval ages, that reason has been defeated by this thread

I hereby become a theist from now on, so that I'll have bragging rights to medieval scientific achievements

Thanks KingEbuka for finally showing me the way grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Oh! Sheet!!!

That's enough reason to leave atheism for me, how is it that people like me never achieved anything in the medieval ages? An age when declaring atheism is next to impossible due to fear for one's life? An age when even theists themselves were almost killed for certain discoveries?

My main reason, and all atheists' main reason for becoming atheists is for us to lay claim to achievements in the medieval ages, that reason has been defeated by this thread

I hereby become a theist from now on, so that I'll have bragging rights to medieval scientific achievements

Nigga , Im still waiting for the names . Don't bore me with foolish talk abeg
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

They quickly forget their own claims when proof is requested. Kikikikikikiki lwtmb

Lmaoo .. don't mind am grin grin

Bunch of liars and deceivers .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by 4kings: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Oh! Sheet!!!

Lol grin grin wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin grin

Perhaps their grand patron can deliver them.

Meanwhile let me mention hopefullandlord same way he mentioned me earlier....

Bros you say you are super intelligent oya save your people. Answer the OP any way you choose but just give an answer related to the OP. If you say the OP is dishonest then make is honest by answering the question as simple as possible.

Ranchhoddas I know why I will not ask you anything. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Oh! Sheet!!!

You are already known to be a lilly livered yellow bellied turncoat who would even force out tears in order to escape anything especially when you have no words...mother of all cop outs.

Sha answer the OP. If you want to be a comedian go to the jokes section. Don't try to use comic relief to dodge this one same way you used grief to dodge the other promise10s thread.

Answer the question!
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hahn(m): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro enough of this rigmarole and provide names for the topic .

Here are Christians who contributed to science and technology within that period

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

These are people who made prominent achievements and these are the people whom you excoriate and mock . Its the second page of comment and you have not mentioned just 1 atheist who made any reasonable contribution .

Christians laid the foundation of modern science and it was done in the medevial age . The little contribution atheist scientists have made can never be compared to what Christians did and are doing .

Enough of these dumb claims you people make . Full of lies and deceit angry

But I have a solution ...

Okay, you win. Yay! grin

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Ranchhoddas: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Perhaps their grand patron can deliver them.

Meanwhile let me mention hopefullandlord same way he mentioned me earlier....

Bros you say you are super intelligent oya save your people. Answer the OP any way you choose but just give an answer related to the OP. If you say the OP is dishonest then make is honest by answering the question as simple as possible.

Ranchhoddas I know why I will not ask you anything. smiley
Kikikikiki. You'd observe that I also avoid your comments on threads of this nature.
Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Okay, you win. Yay! grin

How old are you kid? You are not too young to be a student of history you know?

Care to break the Atheist ignorance and not cop out like the others are doing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by hopefulLandlord: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Okay, you win. Yay! grin

As in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Kikikikiki. You'd observe that I also avoid your comments on threads of this nature.

Yeah your buddy hopefulllandlord wouldnt know why.....he would hurriedly speculate as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Prayer Points That Will Make You Laugh At The End / Pastor Adeboye Warns Of Impending Plague In Nigeria / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates His 78th Birthday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.