Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) (65572 Views)

Kano Indigenes Climb A Building To Wave At President Buhari (Photos) / Police In Igando Used Drone To Track Movement Of Militants, Lagos. PICS / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by JayJayGee: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
phileamon3:
awwnn...thats very nice...anyways today is ma birthday how many likes can i get

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by franco3075q(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Abi?
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by NevetsIbot(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Turks:
Hope Buhari knows what to do with it
Lmao... I wonder if his 80yr old brain can tell him what to do with it. He can't even use it
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by obiemurphy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
Buhari be like ..... kai Mak Zukwabewg
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by sexymoma(f): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
chysam:

Trust naija girls. For your mind now Na dream about how e fit possible make hin Bleep you.
i nor dey take fanta... i love chocolate alot..as in alot angry

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bam!

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
C diz small man tho...Money Rules abeg...On a normal day how many cows does he have to come present his toy to a full grown mallam
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by riddler4real(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
salabscholar01:
Well done Mark. This is a historic visit to our country... At least there are so many countries he has not visited. That shows how important we are to him.. Long live Mark! I believe, before he leaves finally, we hope to hear some good news, on how we will benefit from his visiting us... God bless Nigeria
The young man sees money in Nigeria we have the largest market in Africa and he's a business man not a philanthropist. So dont think he's coming here to give u free candy.....
If only our leaders can encourage and manage the potentials of the youth we wont be so overwhelmed like this. All these overhyping is becoming irritating.

Nigeria and sycophancy is like 5 n 6

4 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by kishimi8(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
Qmerit:

This morning he's back to naija. To do the most important thing he planned to do here in naija! Yes as for the suit he told vp he wore it to show respect to the office of PMB.

Yeah true was there also, the guy looked better on suit,
But he just talked for about a minute and left the stage
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by pweshestguy: 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
lollllll ....... he needs an adviser on how to use it
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:
The look on Buharis's face tho, like say he never see drone before grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

upgrade na
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Qmerit(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
kishimi8:

Yeah true was there also, the guy looked better on suit,
But he just talked for about a minute and left the stage

Sure I never saw you there good to know you were there!
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by chysam: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
sexymoma:
i nor dey take fanta... i love chocolate alot..as in alot angry

Noted, dream on,may be by fate it could become a reality.
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by mpowa(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:
The look on Buharis's face tho, like say he never see drone before grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Have you seen one before? - Real Life. Only God knows how you'll react if you see one.
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
Facebook Aquila drone was announced at the F8 conference in March 2015, and although flights have happened on smaller models of the drone this is the first test of the full-sized version. Its main purpose, the company said, is to provide internet to the 4 billion people in the world that don’t have access.

Aquila is a solar-powered airplane that can be used to bring affordable internet to hundreds of millions of people in the hardest-to-reach places.

When complete, Aquila will be able to circle a region up to 60 miles in diameter, beaming connectivity down from an altitude of more than 60,000 feet using laser communications and millimeter wave systems,” the company said in a newsroom blog.
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by crisycent: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
See the way mark hold buhari hand like small pikin. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Aleora(f): 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
saints2:
Just as he presented a piece to the pope in Italy, Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg has replicate the gesture by presenting the famous facebbok drone to the president in Aso Villa. Mark came back from Kenya to honour the country and also be a judge for the Aso Demo day in Abuja.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/mark-zuckerberg-presents-facbook-drone.htmljust negodi that suit me likey

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Proffdada: 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Now I'm really worried, end times monitoring Don start undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Dandeedadrunk(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Including Ben 10, buhari loves cartoons a lot..hope u see what I'm seeing?
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Fawklicant: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
See how all of them are grinning from ear to ear! Useless mofos! If it was a Nigerian that came to them with an invention now, you'll see them treating him like they are giving him handouts. America creates the enabling environment for their youth to thrive, Nigeria is stiffling the growth of their youth in every way imaginable.

Just look at the pictures sef! I bet the two young people in the picture are there to interprete for Bubu. Youths brought bubu to power contrary to the opinion that Tinubu did, now he has little use for them except when another election comes knocking, then they'll hire their e-guns (omenkecerworm, black berem and the Aba guy that chews gworo) and give them some stipends to fill the cyberspace with propaganda. Anyway the black berem seems to be wailing more than us original wailers Copyright © 2015-? and the economy is harsh on all and sundry, so it may not cost their paymasters more than a cup of garri each and some sugar to buy them again...that is if hunger hasn't exiled them before 2019.

Unfortunately for the likes of omojuwa, Aisha's rice is finished as bubu may have warned her to remain in the shadows where she belongs. Little wonder she seldom makes any appearances lest Fayose the area father discovers another secret and runs to the town square.

Someone should please stir up Liar mohammed so that he can give us the latest gist. This one that he has been quiet since, the kind of faboos that he will feed Nigerians next time enh, it will be record breaking. Maybe he is busy practicing and compiling the lies making sure the program runs without returning any errors when deployed like Kemi Adeosun's own did just recently.

And one Bonobo monkey[i][/i] (seems to be the only denigrating phrase Omenkancerworm knows) will soon quote me and spit trash.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by sexymoma(f): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
chysam:

Noted, dream on,may be by fate it could become a reality.
wetin we dey talk wetin u type... it obvious you didn't get it angry..na to abuse u sabi angry

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
riddler4real:

The young man sees money in Nigeria we have the largest market in Africa and he's a business man not a philanthropist. So dont think he's coming here to give u free candy.....
If only our leaders can encourage and manage the potentials of the youth we wont be so overwhelmed like this. All these overhyping is becoming irritating.

Zuckerberg Is A Philanthropist.
[b]
OVERVIEW: Zuckerberg has emerged as a major philanthropist, making a succession of large gifts in recent years. The couple are Giving Pledge signatories and more recently pledged to give 99 percent of their Facebook shares, presently valued at $45 million, to help “improve the world for the next generation.” Zuckerberg recently launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative whose initial focus areas will be "personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities."

ISSUES:

EDUCATION: Zuckerberg's first major philanthropic venture was in 2010, when during an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show, he announced a $100 million donation to the Newark, New Jersey, public school system. Zuckerberg has subsequently made an even larger education gift to improve schools in Silicon Valley, saying that he had learned important lessons from the Newark experience. Zuckerberg said in 2015 that personalized learning will the focus of his education giving, which is channeled through an organization he created, Startup:Education.

TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT: Back in 2010, Zuckerberg donated an undisclosed amount to Diaspora, a project that four students at New York University have been working on and that some have referred to as the anti-Facebook. It's an open source project in which users maintain control of their own data. This philosophy seems to fly in the face of Zuckerberg's plan with Facebook, which he claims is designed with an intent on "making the world more open." When asked why he donated to Diaspora through Kickstarter, Zuckerberg said he was motivated because he sees "a little of myself in them."

Zuckerberg and his wife were also among the tech luminaries who recently announced the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences, which they envision as a competitor to the Nobel prize. The Prize rewards researchers with a $3 million grant for the development of cures for "intractable diseases." Six life sciences projects and one physics project will receive a $3 million prize annually, for a total of $21 million a year. For more information, see the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences or the Fundamental Physics Prize.

HEALTHCARE: Through the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Zuckerberg recently gave $75 million to San Francisco General Hospital, $25 million to the Centers for Disease Control. As well, $5 million recently went to Ravenswood Family Health Center. Zuckerberg's wife, Priscilla Chan, is a pediatrician. The couple also made a $25 million gift to combat the Ebola epidemic in 2014. One of the initial focus areas of the new Chan Zuckerberg Initiative will be on "curing disease." Zuckerberg writes that "most people die from five things -- heart disease, cancer, stroke, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases -- and we can make faster progress on these and other problems."[/b]

http://www.insidephilanthropy.com/guide-to-individual-donors/mark-zuckerberg.html
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Rick9(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wait make E no go be proof say Kenya no be country oh Na make am run come back
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
salabscholar01:
Well done Mark. This is a historic visit to our country... At least there are so many countries he has not visited. That shows how important we are to him.. Long live Mark! I believe, before he leaves finally, we hope to hear some good news, on how we will benefit from his visiting us... God bless Nigeria
IMO I appreciate his visit more than that of obama or any other president.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by riddler4real(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Zuckerberg Is A Philanthropist.
[b]
OVERVIEW: Zuckerberg has emerged as a major philanthropist, making a succession of large gifts in recent years. The couple are Giving Pledge signatories and more recently pledged to give 99 percent of their Facebook shares, presently valued at $45 million, to help “improve the world for the next generation.” Zuckerberg recently launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative whose initial focus areas will be "personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities."

ISSUES:

EDUCATION: Zuckerberg's first major philanthropic venture was in 2010, when during an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show, he announced a $100 million donation to the Newark, New Jersey, public school system. Zuckerberg has subsequently made an even larger education gift to improve schools in Silicon Valley, saying that he had learned important lessons from the Newark experience. Zuckerberg said in 2015 that personalized learning will the focus of his education giving, which is channeled through an organization he created, Startup:Education.

TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT: Back in 2010, Zuckerberg donated an undisclosed amount to Diaspora, a project that four students at New York University have been working on and that some have referred to as the anti-Facebook. It's an open source project in which users maintain control of their own data. This philosophy seems to fly in the face of Zuckerberg's plan with Facebook, which he claims is designed with an intent on "making the world more open." When asked why he donated to Diaspora through Kickstarter, Zuckerberg said he was motivated because he sees "a little of myself in them."

Zuckerberg and his wife were also among the tech luminaries who recently announced the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences, which they envision as a competitor to the Nobel prize. The Prize rewards researchers with a $3 million grant for the development of cures for "intractable diseases." Six life sciences projects and one physics project will receive a $3 million prize annually, for a total of $21 million a year. For more information, see the Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences or the Fundamental Physics Prize.

HEALTHCARE: Through the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Zuckerberg recently gave $75 million to San Francisco General Hospital, $25 million to the Centers for Disease Control. As well, $5 million recently went to Ravenswood Family Health Center. Zuckerberg's wife, Priscilla Chan, is a pediatrician. The couple also made a $25 million gift to combat the Ebola epidemic in 2014. One of the initial focus areas of the new Chan Zuckerberg Initiative will be on "curing disease." Zuckerberg writes that "most people die from five things -- heart disease, cancer, stroke, neurodegenerative and infectious diseases -- and we can make faster progress on these and other problems."[/b]

http://www.insidephilanthropy.com/guide-to-individual-donors/mark-zuckerberg.html

What I meant is his purpose here in Nigeria is business driven not philanthropy. How much does he worth? and from what you have listed it's just a mere scratch compared to his enormous wealth.....
Bill Gates has various foundations and has spent billions of $ in charity to virtually all the continents in the globe..... You dont need to google that to now about Bill Gate's philanthropy
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Dreyl(m): 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Cool
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Rukundoo: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
D guy D wear suit so? If na ur first time to c am press lyk
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by salabscholar01(m): 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
HomeOfMe:
IMO I appreciate his visit more than that of obama or any other president.
very well, at least some folks can learn one or two things from him...
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by Wizzyblack3(m): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
If this had been his first ever visit (like he came to Yaba), won't this lying government count it as their achievement, toward growing ICT in Nigeria.
Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by mpowa(m): 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
riddler4real:

I wish our own Rich men can be like him. Yes he's a business man and he obviously has interest in Nigeria, but he's going to invest in things that will encourage and make Internet affordable, supporting developers who have ideas but no money, among other things, to me, he's a Philanthropic business man.

Talking about overhyping, he is not overhyped, he is the 7th richest man in the world and facebook is one of the top brand worldwide, If I'm in Government now, I will do more than our govt have done to get his attention and show more interest in our country. Abi no be foreigh investors we they look for? what can be more foreign than this. In this case he's even the one coming, not the one that govt will go and be wasting country's resources traveling and trying to get attention of companies that are not interested.

And If I'm a celebrity, I will do more than our celebrities, call it as..licking, you must recognize when your helper is around you, and if Zucheberg shows interest in your project, you're made, even Americas are looking for his attention, how much more me. But some people are too proud, the only time you hear their voice is when they're shouting JONATHAN or BUHARI, they can die for those people, but people who are making quality contribution, they would be asking ' who is Zucherberg'. I respect 'TONY ELUMELU', and a few people truly adding value in this country, I don't foolishly Idol worship greedy politicians who are creating unfavorable condition for youth to succeed.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by CSTR2: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Presents Facebook Drone To Buhari (photos) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
riddler4real:

What I meant is his purpose here in Nigeria is business driven not philanthropy. How much does he worth? and from what you have listed it's just a mere scratch compared to his enormous wealth.....

He is a philanthropist.

He has a mission in the world he is carrying out. Nigeria is definitely a huge market but he still males philanthropic donations regularly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar And His Wife, Titi In 1972 (Throwback Photo) / Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Protest As Makinde Nominates Seun Fakorede As Commissioner For Youth & Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.