Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend (12675 Views)

I Fnckt Yesterday But My C0ck Is Bruised / Ego Got Bruised. / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2006
Please help me ask them. . . . A very wrong perception!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jaybaby(f): 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2006
now i no what your Problem is----  Oh u bringin d other beef tingy up HUh

Grow u girl--taught we left it in d other thread--was  with d Grievance ?  

"Ignorin IT"

@ Topic

If no law can stop battering! then that means people that had xperienced it before like  Eurphoria   grin grin shld do smtim about it.

I hrd experience is d best TEACHER grin grin
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by edmondo(m): 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2006
in this 21st century,we still have woman beater.
well i pray to Almighty God not to give me such mind. cool
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2006
walelead:

@radiant, u sound like a strong, confident maybe preety lady. unfortunately, you have all the qualities that a lady baterer would want. The only way u can avoid it is if you are not after fine boys. Heed my word

Wale, could you please apologise for saying the above? I'm not joking.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2006
;d
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jaybaby(f): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2006
Yes O--plnty of 'em get beaten & they still dnt want 2 leave d relationship! E.g d person above me
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by goodguy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2006
If only people knew the true meaning of true love. . .  When a woman falls in love, some things she does makes her appear stupid to everyone else.

I have been following this thread even before it was put up on the home page.  I never wanted to post on this topic, but after reading replies from people, especially Radiant, I decided to leave a piece of advice.

Radiant, my advice for you is just Pray fervently that you do not fall in "real deep true love" with a wife batterer.  It is very easy for anyone to say "It can never happen to me", "He'll pay for it", etc, epecially when you're still single, and never experienced true love.  Once you're in, it's difficult to get out; and there's very little or nothing you can do about it.  You can keep on ranting and chanting about the impossibility of you sticking with such a man, but just wait till you fall victim (which I don't pray for you), then you'll know those women are not being stupid afterall.

Just my 2 kobo.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2006
Goodguy, thanks!

All I can say is that if indeed I fall in "true" love, I won't be hurt. Except the love is false.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2006
I know a girl who has been dumped by the same guy FOUR times. She got to her senses after the fourth one.

If you don't visit a hospital frequently, when you visit, there's this smell that hits your nostrils. It isn't an aroma, neither is it an odour. It's just a smell. Now research has shown that nurses and doctors who smell that everyday can't smell it anymore. Because their nostrils are already adapted to the smell. I think the same thing goes with the beating. It becomes a norm. And the victim is used to it - and maybe she even knows when to expect it!

Or maybe the victim thinks she can change him if she accepts it submissively. Who watched Domino sometime ago, when Stella (after her baby) had her husband raging at her as usual, over nothing. She simply acted like nothing happened, and asked, very coolly,

"What do you want for dinner?"

Such things drive the men crazy. And it may get them thinking after sometime!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2006
And your point is?
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by LiquidMind(m): 1:07am On Dec 19, 2006
its insecurity that makes such women to still be in such a relationship
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:08am On Dec 19, 2006
That makes sense Liquid
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by krdea(m): 3:18am On Dec 19, 2006
Its a shame most women dont get loose from this strong hold . Someone puts your patience , life and everything to test then  You take your stuff and move ! Na be you go first  and you no go be the last
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by rikkyjen(m): 3:53am On Dec 19, 2006
Anyman who hits a lady doesn't worth his testicles!  undecided
Beating a woman tantamounts to insecurity, why can't the man go and fight his own mates!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 19, 2006
Yeah, I wonder the same too. Why stick around in a relationship where they beat you up all the time. I was in relationship with this girl, she beat me black and blue almost every night. I tried to make it work but after a week, I threw in the towel. That is what every strong man should do, walk away from abuse!

tongue cheesy
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by naija4life(f): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2006
Sometimes we fall so hard and fast that all other things doesn't matter. can really get tricky at times. May God save us girls cry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by oluite(f): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2006
These cases abound!and they really pathetic.I think such girls need pschological help,counsellings and prayers
because they neva see anytin wrong wit d beatings.And 4 d womanbeaters they need more help!
they ar born in the wrong age ! shocked
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Jokotola: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2006
What kind of love is that. Look, to be fore warned is to be fore armed. Shekina !!!! undecided
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by saintchux(m): 11:19am On Dec 19, 2006
It is barbaric for a man to beat a woman, not to talk of beating your wife.

Though at times women may be the cause of the beating. But why beat her. There are many ways to show your grievances.

Why do men beat women? Is it for the fun it? I believe that a man can not just come home and descend on his wife and use her to train for a boxing competition.

My father taught me that beating is not the best way to correct someone and because of that I did not receive a single cane from my parents. But the punishement I got, I usually prefer the cane,and the punishment will never the same. Atimes is come immediately, other times istcomes later.

So why beat.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by waleleader(m): 11:26am On Dec 19, 2006
Donzman:

Yeah, I wonder the same too. Why stick around in a relationship where they beat you up all the time. I was in relationship with this girl, she beat me black and blue almost every night. I tried to make it work but after a week, I threw in the towel. That is what every strong man should do, walk away from abuse!

tongue cheesy

@Donzman, was she ten years older than you? I'd never raise my hand on a lady, but for me to be the victim

*makes me rethink my policy*
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 19, 2006
I dont think a real Gee will actually beat a woman

But Real women takes whaterever if they are in love Thats why I love Women wink wink wink
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2006
lol and what constitutes a real Gee? and real women take whatever? when in love? so you saying an abused woman is a real woman and should take the battering and just put up? right? Hmmmm Ferari i dont think i this will roll with the ladies here wink
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by lioness(f): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2006
I wont stay otherwise i may have to shoot him in defense one day
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2006
If only people knew the true meaning of true love. . .  When a woman falls in love, some things she does makes her appear stupid to everyone else.

I have been following this thread even before it was put up on the home page.  I never wanted to post on this topic, but after reading replies from people, especially Radiant, I decided to leave a piece of advice.

Radiant, my advice for you is just Pray fervently that you do not fall in "real deep true love" with a wife batterer.  It is very easy for anyone to say "It can never happen to me", "He'll pay for it", etc, epecially when you're still single, and never experienced true love.  Once you're in, it's difficult to get out; and there's very little or nothing you can do about it.  You can keep on ranting and chanting about the impossibility of you sticking with such a man, but just wait till you fall victim (which I don't pray for you), then you'll know those women are not being stupid afterall.

Just my 2 kobo

Good guy thank you , geez this is what i was saying. My mum always said if anybody ever hits you , even a slight slap run away and i leave by that. If anyone tried that he'll be banged up so fast ,the London Met police dont take kindly with domestics anyway, even a slap will land the man in the slammer.
My friends who have sworn to be in love and all , well one in particular we talking about a career girl and she got slapped in the ear , till today she wears a hearing aid pin and she still got married to her then bf. I got so mad and her answer was she loved him.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2006
All the guys that answered. . . kiss

Except for Ferari. Were you born by a proper and decent woman?

Eurpho, a hearing aid pin? I'm sure even her father never hit her so hard angry

Donzman, I guess that's why u bearing[b] Don[/b] now wink grin
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by eniola1310(f): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2006
Let me ask u girls this,
DOES LOVING A MAN MAKE U LOVE URSELF ANY LESS?

let me share this with u.
i saw this story on the Oprah show.
there was this woman living with her boyfriend in the US
the guy happen to be a very jealous person and he beats the woman up whenever she comes in close contact with any man.
one day, he just came from whereever, and was screaming at the woman, asking her to produce the man she has in the house and before she could say jack, he pulled a gun from his pocket shot the girl and her mother
her mother died instantly and three quater of the girl's face was blown off.
she cant breath normally she has to breath thru her neck!! she wears bandage over more than half of her face and cant be seen publicly

all in the name of love.
a guy that trully loves u wont go to the grave with u how much more the one that beats u up.
staying with a guy that beats u is as good as attempting suicide !!

the choice to stay alive is yours
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by naija4life(f): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ eniola's post, well dats really fanatical obsession, no longer love. God forbid that such could happen to moi. lipsrsealed
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by frankiriri(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2006
shocked shocked shocked so there are boy friend/ husband batterers
What men can do women can do better grin grin grin
Seriously methinks that beating a lady is disgusting behaviour but I cant blame some guys oh. The things ladies do at times can drive noe round the bend.
Any babe that I'll have to beat is definitely out of the relationship.
I no fit shout.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2006
frankiriri:

I no fit shout.

grin grin grin

eniola1310:

DOES LOVING A MAN MAKE U LOVE URSELF ANY LESS?

a guy that trully loves u wont go to the grave with u how much more the one that beats u up.
staying with a guy that beats u is as good as attempting suicide !!

the choice to stay alive is yours

Period!!!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jaybaby(f): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2006
----AJIBOYET

Exactly that is wat it is, they get use to it & feel they can change the guy. when you ask 'em to leave him all the tell u is ''you are not in the relationship- u dnt know how it is.
some even go 2 da extent of takin sides 4 d GUY sayin she was d 1 @ fault.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by jaybaby(f): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2006
frankiriri:

shocked shocked shocked so there are boy friend/ husband batterers
What men can do women can do better grin grin grin
Seriously methinks that beating a lady is disgusting behaviour but I can't blame some guys oh. The things ladies do at times can drive noe round the bend.
I no fit shout

Can u hear urself? are you tellin me ''you have never hrd of guyz that beat their gurlfrnds? unless if u no dey diz our PLANET. undecided undecided
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2006
lol. . . Jay do you actually understand what he meant by that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Black Men's Penis Still Remains The Best In The World / Does Pouting Make Girls Any Sexier? Share Your Pictures ! / SEXY and Profitable Evergreen Niches for Amazon KDP [PICTURES]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.