Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,769 members, 7,841,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend (12647 Views)

I Fnckt Yesterday But My C0ck Is Bruised / Ego Got Bruised. / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2006
thats plain stupidity angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Coco29(f): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2006
Eurphoria:

your ex husband became very violent you say and yet in the same breath you say he is not a violent man? this is a very ambigous statement. You may have helped him to seek help but that does not mean he is not violent, i mean lol he did beat you, how can he not be violent?

my husband has never been ominous in nature and had never done any thing to hurt me , he behaved the way he did for a reason, he was going through some thing very traumatic at the time we had been together for12 years , EVERY ONE HAS GOOD IN THEM NO MATTER WHAT. the human mind is very delicate and disturbance can be created quite easily.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG AFTER WHAT HE DID I COULD NO LONGER BE WITH HIM AND I LEFT. no woman should stay in a violent relationship.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2006
Coco29:

DO NOT GET ME WRONG AFTER WHAT HE DID I COULD NO LONGER BE WITH HIM AND I LEFT. no woman should stay in a violent relationship.

People!!! This is just the summary of the whole 5 pages!!!

I'm glad even those who tend to find an excuse for a man beating a woman have come up with the right decision.

Donzman,there is absolutely no reason for a man to hit a woman. No matter how much you try to convince me about that, I can never accept an excuse to hit a woman.Period!!!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2006
:modified
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by lioness(f): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2006
cool
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2006
Donzman,there is absolutely no reason for a man to hit a woman. No matter how much you try to convince me about that, I can never accept an excuse to hit a woman.Period!!!

We're all equal human beings, if there's no reason to hit a woman then there's no reason to hit anyone whatsoever. Some women are rabid and will slap you before you say stop that.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2006
No hitting, please!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2006
Is there a good reason for a woman to hit a man?
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2006
I said, no hitting! Don't ask me that crap! angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2006
It's cool, no hitting but only loving and loving I shall do! grin
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2006
Now, we talking! Good boy grin tongue
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by goodguy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2006
For once, I totally agree with Donzman here. grin

@Radiant, if a man is naturally caring and loving, but occasionally abusive, it wouldn't be a totally wise thing for the woman to walk out of the relationship just like that. This is where the issue of Love now comes in. The woman should at least try to make him a non-violent person. Violence is not an in-born thing. It can be wiped out, just like most other ills. That's what makes marriage different. But then, if it gets out of hand, and all efforts prove abortive, it wouldn't be a totally wise thing for the woman to remain in the relationship either. Because if she dies in the process, God will not pat on the back, smile and tell her "Weldone, my daughter".

Coco's story is a perfect example to explain my point better.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2006
Goodguy, don't you get it? I don't buy any excuse whatsoever for a man to hit a woman. Period!
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by goodguy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2006
I'm only responding to the question you asked me on the previous page.

BTW, talking of not buying any excuses. . . how about a wife who's being rude/wicked to her mother-in-law in the husband's absence for no just cause?  I certainly won't buy this theory of yours if I get to find out.  She's gonn@ be really sorry. grin

I know. .  this is a different issue. wink
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Sista(f): 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2006
Cocoa29

Email me
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2006
sista why are u goin every wheen even where coco is not to email you? come and face the music , we say u are a fraud a serial multi identity user and u ruunning around , come answer questions here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-33771.0.html
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2006
lmao. . . even my 'lil cousin of 4 years can be smarter than this embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2006
The woman should at least try to make him a non-violent person

No.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by goodguy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2006
Eurphoria:

sista why are u goin every wheen even where coco is not to email you? come and face the music , we say u are a fraud a serial multi identity user and u ruunning around , come answer questions here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-33771.0.html

Lol. I was just about to post that that thread was going to be deleted. Alas, it was already gone! grin

And really, you didn't have to call me "dumb". I respect you on this forum and wasn't expecting such from you.

Back to the topic now. . . cool
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2006
next time get ur facts str8 b4 jumpin to her defense. you knew nothin of wat went on, i hat e ppl like that.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by goodguy(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2006
All we asked for were proofs. No one of you "the accusers" could provide that. So I had every reaon to jump into conclusions. Seun did the right thing by deleting that thread. I would have done the same if I was the admin.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2006
Good! You award is on the way. lol
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2006
Dammit, I missed that thread?! angry
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 11:48pm On Dec 22, 2006
grin grin grin. . .
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Christino(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2006
@ Topic.

Only men of low self esteem beat women, except of course the woman makes that choice. But there are even more evil ways to punish a woman than raise your hands against her.But my advice to men is

1. Tell her right away how hurt you feel
2. Leave the scene immediately once you feel your anger starting to boil, or your voice start to rise or adrenaline rushing through ur muscles. It's worse if she locks the door or stands in your way, never show her how strong you can be, just sit on the floor and calm down naturally. if she gets offensive, then show her how powerful you her by overpowering her. Get behind her, squeeze her from the back then go down gently (in this position you sit, she sits, she's kicking hard and you are squeezing her hard, she's losing power while you're kissing the nape of her neck) If she's not possessed, she should come down. Don't get up immediately, please hold her down for about 10 minutes while you rock her gently. Please don't beat them girls.

Hope this works, i've tried it once and it worked for me, the next time, I almost lost my life grin (e don do, now let's go)

Now let me give you an example.

A woman loves a guy so much that she'd do anything to keep him. The guy's so strict and phylosophical the woman can't cope and whenever she breaks the rules, he doesn't come home, he doesn't talk to her, call her or eat her food. Naturally, that lady'll prefer to be beaten than go through those psychoemotional pains. Physical pains is d least of all punishments and that's why those ladies prefer to stay.

Funny as it seems, during the process of beating the woman, they end up doing "sumtin" while she's sobbing - LoL. A lady confidentially opened up 2 me that she'd rather be beaten than watch her love go into some b**ch's arms. To her that's the worst punishment especially if he fails to use protection, a bastard at the corner or some disease that's sure to come to her and I reason with that. cool

Never blame a fighting couple, just stop the physical fight if you can and speak kind words to the man. In the case where the first attacker is the woman, I don't know what to say, honestly. sad

But for all you ladies saying bla bla bla because you've never experienced it, I can't help but laugh, because when it happens, you'll run back to this thread to see how it's done. Stop boasting, let's see you handle such a situation, unless of course you ain't found the kind of guy you'll stick with "against all odds or come what may" obviously, you aren't married grin
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2006
Tino, you've spoken very well smiley

But, why do you guys try to make women understand that they should/can be beaten at times?

Why don't you guys try and admonish each other that hitting a woman is very wrong and if you really love the woman, you would never hit her. I think that will be more subtle than trying to make us(women) accept we should be beaten more especially because we "love" the bastard involved.

It's very wrong. There should be no hitting whatsoever from either man or woman. It's a very humiliating approach.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2006
God help the man who lays a hand on Radiant
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Radiant(f): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2006
grin grin grin Eurpho, what can I say now? See how these dudes are trying to force this evil down our throat

What's up with ya? smiley
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Eurphoria(f): 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2006
not alot babes, just can't find anything to do with myself till i leave tomorrow. So i thought hey! why not come here lol
whats up with you?
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by goodguy(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2006
Christino, you've spoken perfectly well.

Now let me end that post of yours with this quote:

"A man should never hit a lady. However, the moment a lady raises her tiny fingers to hit a man, she loses her right to be treated like a lady." - Seun Osewa.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by Christino(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2006
You know the worst issues to address are not even economic issues, social issues like relationships have no hard and fast rules. Maturity is highly needed, but individuals differ in character and world views.

One man's food is another man's poison, what makes another man happy may be death for the next man.Don't blame girls who say they want to stay, whatever you think of them for that reason, they think of you as well.

I'm not forcing it down your throats, because it's real and it's happening. My Dad has been married to my mum for 24 years, never laid a hand on her, but honestly, i wish he did. I'll save you the gory details because it's not entertaining to the ears.

Wife battery is not only physical okay? Like i said earlier, there are other ways to beat your wife and i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. Okay tell me what's the worst thing your guy can do to break your heart - definitely not physical beating or is it?

Finally, boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is different. Battery in marriage is even more complicated, especially when you have kids already. Tell me, would you walk out of your marriage if he lays hands on you? Would you go back to your father's house?

Women can be beaten at times in any kind of relationship and so can men. I'm saying because it's so so real we can't afford to keep it any more, it's like pregnancy in sex education. Imagine Goodguy was married to Laila Ali or some Sumo wrestler (haven't you heard of Efe and Jude?) would he raise a hand against her? But i'll tell you what, I won't be surprised if they are married to wife beaters, I grew up in the ghetto were Mama so so so and Baba so so so would fight in the streets and then come home to treat their wounds (mama is a nurse) and i've come to realise that it is possible in any relationship, men are usually the first to attack - because of the "natural" male ego.

We are naturally more powerful and muscular than women and as a result, tend to protect our ego at all cost. It's rare to see women fight one another physically, but it's so common among men, some fight week in week out, check out the millitary, we dominate. Check out the sports, athletics, football and co, adrenaline is key.

I'm not forcing you women to accept that you can be beating, i'm telling you that it happens so much that I don't need to tell you that it's commonplace.

For instance. Janet was married to a wife beater, now divorced (now with JD). Bobby beats whitney and cheats on her, (i understand divorce is on d way).Our beautiful Halle Berry was battered by Eric Bennet until she broke up with him.Need i go into details of pastors who beat their wives? these are physical cheats, obviously we can't count the ones who "cheat" an emotional form of beating - those ones who deny (starve) their wives of "that thing" and go ahead to get married to other women and even have kids by them.

Girls, I pray you get good guys in your life and not wife beaters, cheaters and men who don't appreciate you because honestly, it's easier said than done. If only one could draw, mould and activate the kind of partner we want, then we'll all be happy thereafter, but as fate has it, we just have to make do with the good the bad and the ugly. I don't expect you to agree with me 100%, it's just the way i see it from my side of the mirror.
Re: Battered, Bruised But Still Hanging On To Your Boyfriend by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:22am On Dec 24, 2006
Tell me, would you walk out of your marriage if he lays hands on you? Would you go back to your father's house?

What year do you think this is? Yes I would walk out of the marriage and I'll get myself a house. Why the hell do people continue to think ALL women are so phucking dependent on them? Get the hell over yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

...g / PHOTOS: This Very Beautiful Lady Is A Girlfriend To This "Ugly Man" / Nigerian Slay Queen Goes Viral For Touching Herself As She Smokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.