Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

"Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome (49282 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Chigold101(m): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Why not explain! The husband is a master to whom? Christianity is so anti-women
wow!
You get sense bro...

But please tell me which religion that is not anti-women...

I am waiting for ur responce, the wise one.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
cyprex:

It seems you choose your religion because of what you may likely gain over others and not because you believe and submit to a higher being- God. if you submit to God you will obey him even when His instruction seem adverse.

Actually most of us didn't choose our religion. We joined our parents that's why most theists are agnostic without even knowing.

To my original post, don't you think (as a woman) it'll be a little hard believing in a God who always place you below and regard you lesser than men. Paul even dedicated a full chapter in corinthians to prove to women that they must see man as their master.

PS: I'm not an atheist, just speaking objectively

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Best Read
The quest for equality is what is killing marriages in USA.
There can't be two masters in a home. That position can't be shared.
the funny thing is these divorcees go ahead and remarry other female divorcees who've learnt from their former marriages destroyed by their feminist ideologies. Then they face problems with step children. The cycle continues. Feminism is

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
Religion and sexism are close pals. You cannot separate them from each other. Personally, I think it's shocking that all women are not atheists.
computerboy:

Exactly! If I'm a woman I'd have become an atheist long ago. Many verses in the Bible didn't favor them. I even read one verse that said they shouldn't speak in church and I'm like shocked
Christianity Where we are equals in the eyes of the Creater
••••••
You looked at the wrong passage . there are passages where men speak and not God in the Bible.

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

Are you married?
Don't don't expect 2 get with that mindset.
woman this is africa. not western society where you have shit morals, baby mama's in chicago, lgbt, feminism or some harambee dramaz. The man is the head, above the woman in the hierarchy of a family.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
Bluffly:

Do not get entangled with synonyms just focus on God's inspiration. as long as they are two, they are partners with a leader and leader is also the head. And the use of master does not make the other a slave. Whichever way it is still a partnership. Just focus on the inspiration.

So, your definition and interpretation of leader and partner is master? Guy, you will not survive in an organised society/company with that kind of mentality. Just so you know, whatever you call a thing is the way you treat it. When you have a master, you will have a slave/subject.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:

This, my friend, is called shooting yourself on the foot. Because I feel the bible passages used were interpreted in a way it would favor his message smiley
So what's your point miss twaci?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

Guy. The fraudster/pastor is talking rubbish. Husband means "PARTNER" not master. They both compliment each other. What he should have said was, traditionally, the husband is expected to "LEAD". It is normal for one of two partners to lead. That's just how it is. But to claim that the man is the master is just stupidity on his part. I wonder why people listen to people like this?
why is he expected to lead? Educate us
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Pavore9: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
revolt:
what happens when your parents can't fend for themselves and you're capable of taking care of them Does that make you people partners? In family decisions wouldn't u consult them to make the final decision? That's submitting to authority irrespective of status.
Truth is a submissive woman can make a man go against his mum. That's how powerful women are. Feminism is warped. Feminist end up lonely azz cougars

Your post l quoted tied the husband's authority to the fact he is paying the bills and the woman should reciprocate with submission, In the family unit, everyone has a role they ease into. I grew up knowing issues my father has a final decisions on and the ones my mother has the last word. Though my mum was a strongly opinionated person it did not distort the family's essence rather it strengthened it.

Couples have their unique ways of handling the issue of submission.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by babaireti(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
Great
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
Religion and sexism are close pals. You cannot separate them from each other. Personally, I think it's shocking that all women are not atheists.
you know that isn't true.The bible isn't sexist, it puts greater responsibilities on the shoulders of The male. You seem to think atheism is the answer to everything.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Christianity? Have you heard of Islam? I think they're currently the worst. Their men are the real slave masters
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Olukat(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Try Islam, just then you will know the difference btw Heaven and Hell sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
woman this is africa. not western society where you have shit morals, baby mama's in chicago, lgbt, feminism or some harambee dramaz. The man is the head, above the woman in the hierarchy of a family.
Agreed . he is head of the household because God said in marriage a man is 2 be.
But he IS NOT master.
There is a huge difference between the 2
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by gynny(f): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:

Christianity is not anti-women. It's this type of mog with their incorrect explanation of the Bible. Everything God made was planned. Foolish Men will listen to him, and when their marriage crashes like his own, he'll tell them to blame the woman. Rubbish!
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by torqque7(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:

If he didn't, why give him credit?

Walking by faith can be rightly used by any religious group you know...

Muslim terrorists can use it as a reason to kill "unbelievers"....they believe they are the tools of their "God"....that's working by faith...

Pagans too walk by faith as there's nothing to assure them they are doing the right thing....just faith undecided

You shouldn't hide behind that phrase mister as it is not wide enough to cover you.

What doesn't make sense doesn't...and this doesn't.

Smh..some people sef,and what part of it doesn't make sense? Just a simple sermon and yal twisting and blowing it out of proportion undecided. He is only trying to say don't be dragging shoulders with your husband simple,so what's bringing slave issue here?

This is why alot of women are still single and others having issues in their homes or broken marriages. It's a simple advice so women should either take it or leave it,but one thing is sure,there are consequences and a price to pay for every decision made, especially bad decissions, any woman who thinks her husband cannot be above her should definitely be ready for the consequences of her actions. He who has ears let him hear.

3 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by chukwurah12345(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
Gen 2 : 18....http://bible.us/gen2.18.nkjv And the Lord God said, “it is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”........lets leave the English language in master and slave and how heavy they sound but the fact is wife in God's understanding of creation is to "help"...nearest in meaning slave! What pst chris is saying is simple "wife as you call yourself do you understand the meaning of wife in a marriage" that's he re emphasized on some women who see themselves as equal or as a supervisor,as a mother or big sister to the man......so the sermon is just a wonderful one "wife means helper"

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by kinibigdeal(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
But seriously donnie and Twaci caught my attention. I think both of them will make a good couple. Both of you are a practical examples of what Pastor Chris was talking about

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by davide470(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
cheesy cheesy cheesy My Guy. Always pushing for the Atheistic movement.

Please check your mail.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by pippimp(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
revolt:
why is he expected to lead? Educate us

For you to understand that, you need to understand what leadership is. I am a leader and my organization's definition of leadership is "the process of influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation while operating to accomplish the mission and improve the organization.” It is a very targeted definition. To answer your question, you are expected to lead in order to achieve desired objectives. Whatever that is. At the core of it, is being the standard. Do as i Do, not as i say. It also means being at the beck and call of whoever you lead. Because as leaders, we are expected to serve our followers. Not the other way around.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by cescky(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:

Mr man ur not a Christian yet U don't miss any Christian thread on front page......something is wrong some where ...u own nairaland yes...that aside u know very little about spiritual things so why not keep still...bill gates whom u and even zukerberg will like to be is an agnost....do I need to spell what it means ?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Twaci(f): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
So what's your point miss twaci?
Hey Merchant. All I am trying to say is; We are to be submissive to our husbands, yes but that's not to be forced upon us like choiceless slaves.

We are to love and respect our husbands out of our own violation. We may not be equal with our husband but our opinions and suggestions should be acknowledged and respected.

A marriage is a union not a master-slave relationship as the pastor have painted it to be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Tremor007: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
Seun:
Seun you need Jesus Christ in your life, the doctrine of atheism appeals more to the physical and unexplained, obscured abstract which tends to figment of warped imaginations. God who created Heavens and Earth is A SPIRIT and those who seek and worship him must do so in Spirit and Truth. Seun I beg of you denounce your atheist belief and embrace JESUS!
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Alphaoscar: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
adedayoa2:
Heyyyyy!!! I am not talking about any quoted part, you said the Man of God have been preaching for a long time and cuz of that I said thats not a criteria for him not to be wrong or to be right.

This is what you wrote below

" because he is a man of God doesnt mean he
can't be wrong "

I don't care how long he's been preaching or pastoring but the man clearly wrote something and backed it up with relevant verses from the holy bible which none of those criticizing him ever refute or says are not from the bible.

If you are a Christian and believed in that holy book I believe everything therein should be sacred but from the response from the women folks here , they will rather go with westernised form of equal marriage as against the preaching of the holy book and our own culture.

I personally have know problem with equal rights in marriage but any woman bringing that to my home must be ready to practice that equal right 100% . you can't eat your cake and still have. Its either we live responsibly together or we all go haywire.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Agreed . he is head of the household because God said in marriage a man is 2 be.
But he IS NOT master.
There is a huge difference between the 2
Who exactly is a master if not a leader? the master/leader/head or whatever synonym is the one who bears responsibility, who should have greater power in decision making.Agreed, what completes a man is being able to seek his wifes opinion and input on things..but its still up to the man. pls understand me, without being a feminist.just like The first child has greater responsibilities.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
Who exactly is a master if not a leader? the master/leader/head or whatever synonym is the one who bears responsibility, who should have greater power in decision making.Agreed, what completes a man is being able to seek his wifes opinion and input on things..but its still up to the man. pls understand me, without being a feminist.just like The first child has greater responsibilities.

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by densiks: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Friends,
The biblical truth is that the woman is designed to be an help meet to the man but not by any means an inferior partner but a partner of purpose and that partnership is on the basis of understood submission and helpful equality,the bible says in Genesis 5;2(Male and female created he them and blessed them and called their name Adam,in the day when they were created.)
This means that God's design is for the man to be the head of the woman in a partnership process of mutual understanding and respect(1corinthians 11;3),not implying a master and slave relationship.
In fact it is important to stress that the man's role is as relevant as he submits to his head which is Christ Jesus,because if he is in submission to Christ,he will not abuse his headship role over the woman who is designed to help him fulfill a partnership vision.
Marriage is a God defined institution and cannot be well followed outside of God's defined parameters.
Also the women should be ready to subject themselves when they are going into marriage (1 Peter 3;1-likewise,ye wives be subject to your own husbands;that if any obey not the word,they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;the implication being that if you must marry,then marry for the right reasons and be ready to submit to who you marry.
In addition (1Peter 3;7 Likewise you husbands,dwell with them according to knowledge,giving honour unto the wife(speaking of respect)as unto the weaker vessel,and as being heirs together of the grace of life(partnership),that your prayers be not hindered)
Having said that "Feminism has no place in marriage" it is anarchy and clearly an idea of darkness.
There are many more things that can be said,for this occasion,this should suffice,but we must be careful not to misunderstand and misapply the word of God based on our personal reasonings.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Christianity Where we are equals in the eyes of the Creater
••••••
You looked at the wrong passage . there are passages where men speak and not God in the Bible.

Lol. I didn't read the wrong passage. I've actually read the whole bible and a lot of verses seemed against women. Those "men" are actually speaking on behalf of God. God himself never really spoke much in the bible.
And by men this time, I mean Paul. Check out these verses

1st corinthians 14: 34 & 35;
then read all of chapter 11 and you might turn to an atheist today lol
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by ApostleNduBiz: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
My Pastor is always on point.Those who have ears,let them hear!!!
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by zicoraads: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
I don't know about this, but one thing I do know for sure is that the husband's position as the head of the family should remain as it has always been. I dunno about the 'master' tag though.

The 'I must be equal and act equal to my husband is a huge contributor to failed marriages we have all over the place.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
tf is wrong with you Valerie? you know some words have various meaning. and contextually we aint talking of master like massa-servant but master as in leader!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." / Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.