Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

"Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome (49291 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by MRGRACE(m): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
HMZi:
Is this what happened to his marriage? Pastors should stick to the word of GOD and stop including additions of their own...yes the husband is the head of the house but master? is the woman the slave or servant?..
What does HEAD mean....? When u say someone is the Head of an organization... Does it not mean that he is the Boss / Master of that organization ..If marriage is an Institution as is rightly said the the Husband is the HEAD/BOSS Of that institution... There fore if you don't want to be sacked by the Boss or Head of such Institution you duty is to do what pleases the boss.. Of course the Boss will always reward, respect, love the one who pleases him.... Why is that so hard to understand... People should just learn to submit to the Authority of the Bible...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by ifenes(m): 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
Unfortunately 90% of men need guidians themselves. How can a woman be submissive to an abuser,drunk and manipulator? Religion is a curse indeed.

5 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pavore9:

Your post l quoted tied the husband's authority to the fact he is paying the bills and the woman should reciprocate with submission, In the family unit, everyone has a role they ease into. I grew up knowing issues my father has a final decisions on and the ones my mother has the last word. Though my mum was a strongly opinionated person it did not distort the family's essence rather it strengthened it.

Couples have their unique ways of handling the issue of submission.
your mum became that powerful cos she submitted to her husband n he learnt to let her hve her way out of love. Now that love came from submission. If there was ever a supremacy battle,(which will surely arise in the beginning)she most likely backed down. This principle is wht feminists don't get. When she submits, 98% of men leave her in control of nearly eeryfin

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
computerboy:

Lol. I didn't read the wrong passage. I've actually read the whole bible and a lot of verses seemed against women. Those "men" are actually speaking on behalf of God. God himself never really spoke much in the bible.
And by men this time, I mean Paul. Check out these verses

1st corinthians 14: 34 & 35;
then chapter 11 as well
He spoke plenty.
But you need 2 understand that every word some was not his.
Sometimes it was the belief of the people of that time
•••••
And yes men spoke on his behalf at times but when you send a message through some1 it doesn't always get relayed properly.
•••••

Nevertheless the passages you speak of are the belief of the people.
Not the words if the Great Creater.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by JUBILEE2000: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
MrPresident1:
A good marriage is the perfect master-servant relationship, there can not be two captains on a ship. The man is the head of the house, in Hausa he is Maigida meaning owner of the house, in Yoruba he is Iba-ile meaning father of the house, in Igbo he is Nnaanyi meaning our father.

The old word from husbondi from which husband is derived means Master of the house.

Any woman who is not ready to submit to the law of the man she wants to marry should not ever ever consider getting married. The master of the wife must love his wife to the extent of being able to put down his life for her. This is the model of marriage presented by Christ.

God bless for this post.

Unfortunately, our "modern day ladies" will not agree with this truth. The day Lucifer saw himself equal with God was the beginning of his downfall.

It is also impotant to add that the man should not oppress the woman just because he is the head of the woman, he should rather love her.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Twaci(f): 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
torqque7:

Smh..some people sef,and what part of it doesn't make sense? Just a simple sermon and yal twisting and blowing it out of proportion undecided. He is only trying to say don't be dragging shoulders with your husband simple,so what's bringing slave issue here?

This is why alot of women are still single and others having issues in their homes or broken marriages. It's a simple advice so women should either take it or leave it,but one thing is sure,there are consequences and a price to pay for every decision made, especially bad decissions, any woman who thinks her husband cannot be above her should definitely be ready for the consequences of her actions. He who has ears let him hear.
...And he that has sense, use it smiley

Good day.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by neocortex: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chubhie:

Our good ole African traditions and her women ain't complaining. You should take your atheists campaign to the grassroots and try your luck.

The divorce cases flying everywhere shows that women are complaining,
even pastor Chris couldn't convince his own wife to accept him as master
and she his obedient slave.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
tf is wrong with you Valerie? you know some words have various meaning. and contextually we aint talking of master like massa-servant but master as in leader!
no. Op used that particular word for a reason. He meant no leader.
Which by the way are 2 different things.
•••••
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
The only wise thing from the showman of vain aesthetics!

I have often said it, the 21st century woman is a she-man, an educated fool who lacks wisdom.

Telemundo, soap operas and western movies have become their role model of marital relationship even with the high rates of divorce in western land.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
Twaci:
Hey Merchant. All I am trying to say is; We are to be submissive to our husbands, yes but that's not to be forced upon us like choiceless slaves.

We are to love and respect our husbands out of our own violation. We may not be equal with our husband but our opinions and suggestions should be acknowledged and respected.

A marriage is a union not a master-slave relationship as the pastor have painted it to be.
Miss twaci, You know you must be submissive and say it shouldn't be forced? agreed no one forcing you, but it is been impressed upon you how being a submissive woman can create a fruitful marriage. how can u love your husband 'out of ur own volition' ? you are CONDEMNED to love your husband once you are married. I'm not so sure the man talked about not acknowledging or respecting a woman? you make it sound like u feel humiliated submitting urself to a man. The word master has many synonym, so nobody will flog u with a horse whip nust to fix dinner.Master in this context means leader,representative or like a football captain. pls understand me.

I dont know how to embolden a paragraph here.will u teach me?
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by neocortex: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
donnie:

So if you are not the boss in the organization where you work, you are a slave?

Yes if an organisation has a discriminatory rule that prevents you from being the boss no matter how
intelligent, qualified and skilled you are, then you are no different from a slave, a pawn to be used and
discarded at will.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:

I have often said it, the 21st century woman is a she-man, an educated fool who lacks wisdom.

Telemundo, soap operas and western movies have become their role model of marital relationship even with the high rates of divorce in western land.

right. 9ja women don't bother divorcing ,they I st get outts there
Only an oppressed woman would stay with a man with a mental state like this.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
He spoke plenty.
But you need 2 understand that every word some was not his.
Sometimes it was the belif of the people of that time
••••••
And yes men spoke on his behalf at rimes but what n you send a message through some1 it doesn't always get relayed properly.
•••••

Nevertheless the passages you speak of are the belief of the people.
Not the words if the Great Creater.

I'm glad to know your faith is unshaken.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
no. Op used that particular word for a reason. He meant no leader.
Which by the way are 2 different things.
•••••
walahi no lemme vex for u o.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by marv1: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
Gbosa for u.
donnie:

Says who.. You wey dem born yesterday? This annointed man has been preaching since his childhood days. Held his first crusade at age 15. Where were you then? He has every right to talk to the church worldwide cos he is annointed and commisioned to do so.

By the way, are you married?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by revolt(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:
Unfortunately 90% of men need guidians themselves. How can a woman be submissive to an abuser,drunk and manipulator? Religion is a curse indeed.
its either she leaves the marriage, or she simply submits in patience. Men usually come back to their senses. But we all agree that's an exception, as that's a bad woman. Its like gvn examples with an adulterous woman or violent woman. So use the ideal man and woman. With external everyday variables.

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
computerboy:

I'm glad to know your faith is unshaken.
it's sad you don't believe God is Good and would NEVER discriminate.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:

thank you jare. dey just dey vex person.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
right. 9ja women don't bother divorcing ,they I st get outts there
Only an oppressed woman would stay with a man with a mental state like this.
He spoke the truth.

I don't like him but he spoke the truth, sad and brutal in its honesty.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by TrapHedges(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

Allow yo phone to charge cheesy
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by neocortex: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
MrPresident1:
A good marriage is the perfect master-servant relationship, there can not be two captains on a ship. The man is the head of the house, in Hausa he is Maigida meaning owner of the house, in Yoruba he is Iba-ile meaning father of the house, in Igbo he is Nnaanyi meaning our father.

The old word from husbondi from which husband is derived means Master of the house.

Any woman who is not ready to submit to the law of the man she wants to marry should not ever ever consider getting married. The master of the wife must love his wife to the extent of being able to put down his life for her. This is the model of marriage presented by Christ.

I like the fact that you are not pretending like the other "christians" on this thread.
However, true masters cannot and will never sacrifice their life for a servant, it is the
other way round.
Our society would be better if a man will be clear as you her about the type of wife
he wants instead of pretending to not care then turning to beast once married.

2 Likes

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
He spoke the truth.

I see. You are of the same mind. Then you are no better and no woman should shackle herself 2 ether of you.
Unless she like domination and oppression
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by eyinjuege: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
p1jiobi:
Pastor Chris is right. When someone is responsible for your feeding clothing housing etc. That individual is your master period. Women who enjoy their marriage are playing to this rule

What of women who are feeding their husbands and children?, paying the school fees, and house rent inclusive.
Do you then agree they are the Masters in their households?
Oui?

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Bluffly: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
pippimp:

So, your definition and interpretation of leader and partner is master? Guy, you will not survive in an organised society/company with that kind of mentality. Just so you know, whatever you call a thing is the way you treat it. When you have a master, you will have a slave/subject.

Please do not be paranoid and act like a confused being. You work on your mentality. In what I wrote, point out where I said the interpretation is a master. Try to re-attend an English Class.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
this matter is too high for you ooo

frank317:
says a man who cannot handle his wife. This man has no right to teach anything on marriage issues
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
donnie:

Says who.. You wey dem born yesterday? This annointed man has been preaching since his childhood days. Held his first crusade at age 15. Where were you then? He has every right to talk to the church worldwide cos he is annointed and commisioned to do so.

By the way, are you married?

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
BloodOnMyHands:
He spoke the truth.

Pastor Chris and Lies

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by adedayoa2(f): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
Alphaoscar:

This is what you wrote below

" because he is a man of God doesnt mean he
can't be wrong "

I don't care how long he's been preaching or pastoring but the man clearly wrote something and backed it up with relevant verses from the holy bible which none of those criticizing him ever refute or says are not from the bible.

If you are a Christian and believed in that holy book I believe everything therein should be sacred but from the response from the women folks here , they will rather go with westernised form of equal marriage as against the preaching of the holy book and our own culture.

I personally have know problem with equal rights in marriage but any woman bringing that to my home must be ready to practice that equal right 100% . you can't eat your cake and still have. Its either we live responsibly together or we all go haywire.
I am a believer of the verse that says believe in your Prophets and it shall be well with you. But I am also like the Berian Christians, I know how to read my Bible and I am not a slave to my Husband and will never be. My Mother thought me well to know that my husband is the head meanwhile I am not the tail but the neck that makes the head turn well. my view

1 Like

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by computerboy: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
it's sad you don't believe God is Good and would NEVER discriminate.

cheesy Who told you? I'm not an atheist but whenever I debate about religion, I like to be objective. I raised those verses you said "men" wrote because funny enough that's the verses they use in marriage counseling in most churches. Apostle Paul was actually talking about marriages in those chapters
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by BloodOnMyHands: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I see. You are of the same mind. Then you are no better and no woman should shackle herself 2 ether of you.
Unless she like domination and oppression
I think you're awfully maladjusted!

Conformed to 21century code of conduct which is all about pleasure devoid of responsibility and purpose!

Let me point you to some horrible statistics!

Women who resist male headship have been shown to be more sad and unfulfilled. They are also incapable of sexual fulfilment as they can't even fück properly in sweet surrender.

A British statistics have shown that women today are attaining menopause in their early 30s-- 16% of women will hit menopause before 40 and the tide is increasing. It is due to stress and stubborn behaviour.

Women are biologically programmed to look up to men for headship, protection, leadership and provision.

But your godless and myopic feminists lied to you that you're equal to men.

Well.....stats don't lie.

Check out women's health today, and i don't mean prenatal or child mortality, I mean general women's health.

It's falling like pastries set before a hot oven.
Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
computerboy:

cheesy Who told you? I'm not an atheist but whenever I debate about religion, I like to be objective. I raised those verses you said "men" wrote because funny enough that's the verses they use in marriage counseling in most churches. Apostle Paul was actually talking about marriages in those chapters
Then you should see what GOD said in Ephesians

Re: "Husband Means Master" - Chris Oyakhilome by adedayoa2(f): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
eyinjuege:

What of women who are feeding their husbands and children?, paying the school fees, and house rent inclusive.
Do you then agree they are the Masters in their households?
Oui?
or will he say such women are the masters of that home?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." / Imam Bashir Takes His New Car To Anglican Priest For Blessings In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.